• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
red orange, anyway he does NOT need a gimmick, all gimmicks ive seen seem forced, losing a spear will make ANOTHER moveset, not to mention he never did it in the games, as for sounds, random sound affects and maybe the quack, a voice is completely unnecessary.

anyway I'm ALMOST certain we'll get 5+ characters, also, ryu, lucas AND roy got released on the same day, while lucas and roy are semi clones, and they already had data so it was easier, but that and roy is some good progress, while I do think we'll be getting about 5 characters, this will make a lot of money, so 10 is still a possibility.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I don't care how it's spelled, I just want him to get in!

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So is there a reason Bandana is spelled wrong in his name?
Oh, for ****'s sake, I thought we settled this. "Bandanna" is how I, and apparently several others, were bought up spelling it. Some, less sophisticated people, spell it "Bandana," but since I made the Twitter page (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about), I spelled it "Bandanna." Either way, it means the same thing and people still know what character we're talking about.

Furret24

Smash Master
(Double Post, let me try to make something of it.)

Hey guys, I personally think Bandana Dee should have 5 or 6 jumps, like the other Kirby characters do. I'm curious as to what you guys think, since some of the movesets give him only 2 jumps.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Oh, for ****'s sake, I thought we settled this. "Bandanna" is how I, and apparently several others, were bought up spelling it. Some, less sophisticated people, spell it "Bandana," but since I made the Twitter page (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about), I spelled it "Bandanna." Either way, it means the same thing and people still know what character we're talking about.
I was brought up spelling it Bandanna. I didn't know Bandana was a legit spelling :p

StormC

Smash Hero

Hey guys, I personally think Bandana Dee should have 5 or 6 jumps, like the other Kirby characters do. I'm curious as to what you guys think, since some of the movesets give him only 2 jumps.
There's no lore-based reason to give him multiple jumps as the only reason he has them in RTDL is to be equal with the other characters. The OT have lore to back up their flying but not BDee. Keep him a standard jumper.

StormC

Smash Hero
Doesn't he have multiple jumps in Rainbow Curse?
No idea, never played it. But Waddle Dees have never consistently displayed the ability to suspend themselves in the air the way Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight have, is what I'm getting at.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I was brought up spelling it Bandanna. I didn't know Bandana was a legit spelling :p
I actually didn't know people spelt it this way until I found this thread.

If I remember correctly, he has a limited amount of jumps in Return, and everybody else can jump indefinitely. So since Kirby and Meta Knight have 6 jumps and Dedede has 5, I think Bandanna Dee should have 4. Or maybe Meta Knight has 6 and Kirby and Dedede have 5. Or maybe it's Maybelline. I don't remember.
There's no lore-based reason to give him multiple jumps as the only reason he has them in RTDL is to be equal with the other characters. The OT have lore to back up their flying but not BDee. Keep him a standard jumper.
Well, it's been shown that Bandanna Dee is more athletic than your average Waddle Dee, that, and Sakurai might mix Bandanna Dee's assets with a Parasol Waddle Dee, giving him a better reason to have multiple jumps.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Hey, guys? I've recently been trying to take up on animating my stories. I won't be here as much as you guys are, (then again I never really am. XD) but I'll still visit from time to time. I'm still in support of the Dee, and maybe I'll try to animate my fan made Dee trailer idea! Right now, though, I need to learn how to animate cartoons. So, I'll see you all again soon. Chao.

Furret24

Smash Master
If I recall, helper Waddle Dees in Super Star had indefinite jumps, but they stopped giving them height after about 4-6 jumps. I assumed Bandana Dee could likely do something similar.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I think Bandana Dee should have 2 jumps simply because I think it fits him more.
Plus, it'd be nice to have a Kirby character without more than 2 jumps.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Bandana Dee should have 2 jumps simply because I think it fits him more.
Plus, it'd be nice to have a Kirby character without more than 2 jumps.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of "he's a Kirby character so he should have multiple jumps like the others." Square peg, round hole.

Something I've been thinking about: where would Bandana Dee be placed in All-Star? His first technical appearance is Super Star (1996), but it's a very minor cameo and Super Star Ultra (2008) is the first time the character was given an identity. I'd compare it to Zero Suit Samus where suitless Samus has been seen since the original Metroid, but ZSS is specifically based on the incarnation from Zero Mission, so she appears in the 2004 section.

Also, this is cute.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm not a fan of "he's a Kirby character so he should have multiple jumps like the others." Square peg, round hole.

Something I've been thinking about: where would Bandana Dee be placed in All-Star? His first technical appearance is Super Star (1996), but it's a very minor cameo and Super Star Ultra (2008) is the first time the character was given an identity. I'd compare it to Zero Suit Samus where suitless Samus has been seen since the original Metroid, but ZSS is specifically based on the incarnation from Zero Mission, so she appears in the 2004 section.

Also, this is cute.
Well, Little Mac's placement in All-Star mode is based on the appearance of unnamed wireframe boxer in the arcade Punch-Out!!(1984) game. So by that same respect, they'll probably place Bandana Dee according to his appearance in Super Star.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory

Assuming that Bandana Dee would use the other Multiplayer Dees from Rainbow Curse as palette swaps, do you think they'll use the cyan one with the white bandana despite it never showing up in the game aside from this artwork?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was on TVTropes to waste a few hours of my life and saw this on YMMV on Kirby

Assuming that Bandana Dee would use the other Multiplayer Dees from Rainbow Curse as palette swaps, do you think they'll use the cyan one with the white bandana despite it never showing up in the game aside from this artwork?
I think it's likely, but I thought the same about Shiny Charizard/Lucario/Greninja/Mewtwo, but none of them happened despite Shiny coloration being the most obvious palette swap option for them.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

yea why not

StormC

Smash Hero
My greatest fear would be that Bandana Dee's alts just give him different bandana colors and not change the color on his body. I really like alts that mix up canon colors in big ways; I was pretty disappointed that all of Palutena's alts keep her green hair.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
My greatest fear would be that Bandana Dee's alts just give him different bandana colors and not change the color on his body. I really like alts that mix up canon colors in big ways; I was pretty disappointed that all of Palutena's alts keep her green hair.
Sonic was like that in Brawl, but they went out of their way to fix that, so I think we're safe. As long as I get my Sailor Waddle Dee alt., I'm Gucci.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, Sonic still has mostly shades of blue. I want my Original The Character colors, dammit.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I've been thinking over the past couple-o-days. My original vision for Bandanna Dee's moveset probably wouldn't be a very feasible moveset for him. If he got in, I'm starting to think he'd be mostly projectile oriented, at least as far as specials go. I've thought up another theoretical moveset that follows this baseline. Unfortunately, it may be a while before I post it, due to computer problems.

Just lettin' y'all know. I haven't abandonned this thread.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I've been thinking over the past couple-o-days. My original vision for Bandanna Dee's moveset probably wouldn't be a very feasible moveset for him. If he got in, I'm starting to think he'd be mostly projectile oriented, at least as far as specials go. I've thought up another theoretical moveset that follows this baseline. Unfortunately, it may be a while before I post it, due to computer problems.

Just lettin' y'all know. I haven't abandonned this thread.
Not trying to be rude here but I don't understand you...

You don't want Bandana Dee in Smash, you voted No in the poll...yet you are committing your time WITH computer issues to...Bandana Dee support?

I appreciate it fully but...it's confusing...

D

Deleted member

Sonic was like that in Brawl, but they went out of their way to fix that, so I think we're safe. As long as I get my Sailor Waddle Dee alt., I'm Gucci.
Sonic still has other shades of blue and apparently the reason why is because Sonic being blue is copyrighted from what I've heard. So, he has to be in some shade of blue.

If Bandana Dee was in different colors in Rainbow Curse, I don't see why they wouldn't do that here.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So would you say he had a...Deevaluation?
Wut happened.
Basically he came here preaching about how Magolor was infinitely better and how he was going to make his own thread and that Bandanna Dee didn't have a chance. You know, typical salty Deetractor stuff. Then after he left to go make his own Magolor thread, he came back again being all passive-aggressive and shamelessly plugging his thread. Then we asked him to leave, then he came back, then we questioned why he suddenly changed his mind on Dee, then you asked what happened, then I made a bad pun, then I wrote this, then I pressed "Post Reply," then I waited, then I got 32 likes, then I snuck poison into Chandy's French toast, then I became supreme overlord of this thread, then I-....did I just say that out loud?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So would you say he had a...Deevaluation?

Basically he came here preaching about how Magolor was infinitely better and how he was going to make his own thread and that Bandanna Dee didn't have a chance. You know, typical salty Deetractor stuff. Then after he left to go make his own Magolor thread, he came back again being all passive-aggressive and shamelessly plugging his thread. Then we asked him to leave, then he came back, then we questioned why he suddenly changed his mind on Dee, then you asked what happened, then I made a bad pun, then I wrote this, then I pressed "Post Reply," then I waited, then I got 32 likes, then I snuck poison into Chandy's French toast, then I became supreme overlord of this thread, then I-....did I just say that out loud?
@ Chandeelure Chandeelure Um, you might wanna look out for any french toast.

Furret24

Smash Master
Hey guys...

Duck Hunt is in this game.
Do you know who else is like Duck Hunt?
Banjo.
Banjo is popular.
Do you know what else is popular?
The Dreamland 64 stage.
It's DLC in Sm4sh.
There is a 4 at the end of this stage's name.
Kirby DLC representative confirmed, but who?
Who was the only Kirby character that wasn't nerfed?
King Dedede.
Three dees.
There is a Waddle Dee in one of Dedede's victory poses and one in Smash Run.
Who's the third Dee?
\
Bandana Waddle Dee confirmed!
I'm sorry.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Hey guys...

Duck Hunt is in this game.
Do you know who else is like Duck Hunt?
Banjo.
Banjo is popular.
Do you know what else is popular?
The Dreamland 64 stage.
It's DLC in Sm4sh.
There is a 4 at the end of this stage's name.
Kirby DLC representative confirmed, but who?
Who was the only Kirby character that wasn't nerfed?
King Dedede.
Three dees.
There is a Waddle Dee in one of Dedede's victory poses and one in Smash Run.
Who's the third Dee?
\
Bandana Waddle Dee confirmed!
I'm sorry.
Debatable. Some could argue that Dedede was nerfed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What's YMMV?
'You Mileage May Vary'. Contains subjective stuff.

How are you people doing dees days? :p I've grown steadily inactive with college starting up again. I wish I was a couple of years younger. :laugh:

:231:

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Not trying to be rude here but I don't understand you...

You don't want Bandana Dee in Smash, you voted No in the poll...yet you are committing your time WITH computer issues to...Bandana Dee support?

I appreciate it fully but...it's confusing...
I don't want Bandana Dee in as much as other Kirby characters, nor do I or did I ever believe he's had a very large chance to get in to begin with. That's it. Whatever contempt you think I have toward this thread or BD is non-existant. I have virtually no contempt towards you or any one else on this thread. And it's not that I don't want him in; it's just that there are so many other Kirby characters who would be a million times more fun to plays as, in my opinion, that I'm surprised aren't getting any support, or at least not as much as BD.

I'm here because this is where the Kirby fanbase amidst the Smash community tends to clump. I'm a Kirby fanboy. Where am I gonna go? The Magolor thread? People post there like once a month. I believe the choice is obvious.

Top Bottom