• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I have returned from my five hour vacation. Rejoice.

So kindly tell me in what part of that sentence did I imply that Mega Man looked better with sprites? I don't have to try to make you look stupid, that's something I can leave to you. The only reason you tried to "bury the hatchet" was because you knew that you were wrong.
I don't know what does " think the time for sprites has passed, except for maybe Mega Man." mean...

I tried to bury the hatchet because I didn't wanna drive the thread on with such stupid nonsense, I do this with all the people I get with an argument with, if I knew I was wrong I wouldn't have responded duh once again what type of logic is that!

You clearly don't get what I said in the first place and are constantly driving this on, why don't you just stop responding because like I said BILLIONS of times

I like both just because I stated I like one doesn't mean I don't like the other, you are blowing it WAY out of proportion.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I have returned from my five hour vacation. Rejoice.

So kindly tell me in what part of that sentence did I imply that Mega Man looked better with sprites? I don't have to try to make you look stupid, that's something I can leave to you. The only reason you tried to "bury the hatchet" was because you knew that you were wrong.
Yeah, it IS getting annoying. It's kinda weird how it's GhostlyLure and MarioMeteor fighting all the time. XD But this isn't the arguing thread.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I found a neat piece of artwork whilst browsing a Japanese auction site;

Baseball Cap Waddle Dee! :b:

It's the image from the reverse side of this pencil board.

A totally obscure idea for an alt if ever I saw one!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think HAL should add something new to Bandana Dee's spear. I was happy that his spear had that cloth thing in it, but then I realized that all the Spear Waddle Dees use one that looks exactly like Bandana Dee's spear now. Maybe they should make the cloth blue.
I mean, Meta Knight's Galaxia looks pretty unique, and they changed the design of Kirby's and Bonker's hammers so they don't look like Dedede's in the recent games.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I think HAL should add something new to Bandana Dee's spear. I was happy that his spear had that cloth thing in it, but then I realized that all the Spear Waddle Dees use one that looks exactly like Bandana Dee's spear now. Maybe they should make the cloth blue.
I mean, Meta Knight's Galaxia looks pretty unique, and they changed the design of Kirby's and Bonker's hammers so they don't look like Dedede's in the recent games.
They should change it to more traditional spear things. Instead of cloth like another material (I don't know what its called).
btw the cloth at the end of the spear is used for distracting opponents and soaking up blood so the blade doesn't get slick in real life.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
If you had to pick one song from the Smash OST (and Kirby franchise) to be used in Bandana Dee's reveal trailer, what would you choose?

Personally I would choose this one, because I feel like it fits the style of a trailer and is easy to visualize.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Further to that discussion quite some pages ago about how Waddle Dees seem to resemble monkeys, I just stumbled across something that made me realise what Waddle Dees actually remind me of.

They strongly remind me of the face of Rascal the Raccoon, from the 1977 anime series (something so popular in Japan, that it resulted in the introduction of the species there, and subsequent problems as a result).

If you had to pick one song from the Smash OST (and Kirby franchise) to be used in Bandana Dee's reveal trailer, what would you choose?

Personally I would choose this one, because I feel like it fits the style of a trailer and is easy to visualize.
For me, it'd have to be The World To Win, which was included as a track for the Wii U version of the Dream Land 64 DLC stage.

My reasoning is that I can see it fitting a trailer quite nicely, and it's from one of Bandana Waddle Dee's recent appearances.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I imagine they'd use Floral Fields, Cookie Country, or some other light-hearted theme from Return or Deluxe. I think Floral Fields would work perfectly. It just fits Bandanna Dee so well. And good Lord, that guitar is something else.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This videos are really good propaganda.

I hope you can make more one day GhostlyLure.

Also, remember to make propaganda in Miiverse, Smash/Kirby videos in Youtube and post to Smashified, guys!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Chandy, what are we going to do with the Reddit and the Tumblr? They're just sort of sitting there. It took me a whole 5 minutes to make those, you know.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Chandy, what are we going to do with the Reddit and the Tumblr? They're just sort of sitting there. It took me a whole 5 minutes to make those, you know.
I don't know...
You can use them if you want, or make a conversation with the supporters who want to use them, for the password and all those things.
I personally don't know how to use those websites and I'm fine with Twitter XD
Now I will sleep.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
So, I have predictions for August if there's gonna be a direct:
~ Sakurai goes into detail how online tournaments will work
~ He then shows off the other 64 stages he gave a sneak peek of and their prices
~ Sakurai mentions the K.K. outfit and it's price
~ "Oh, I also have a special surprise for everyone." *smash trailer begins, revealing Wolf's return and Bandana dee as a pre-ballot character*
~ Wolf and B.W.D released same day
~Sakurai mentions how the fighter ballot's results are coming soon (and sadly if Bandana isn't announced pre-ballot, K. Rool would likely end up being announced in October unless we get multiple ballot characters.)

Well, I hope this will at least be 95% accurate. (I don't care for K. Rool, so if he's announced, I'd probably buy him but never play him.)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't know...
You can use them if you want, or make a conversation with the supporters who want to use them, for the password and all those things.
I personally don't know how to use those websites and I'm fine with Twitter XD
Now I will sleep.
I do say, that is a capital idea, my dear boy Chandy, yes. Sorry, I went British for a second. Good night.
All right, then. Listen up, Brigadeers, who here is interested in helping me put together the official Bandanna Dee Tumblr and/or Reddit?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I do say, that is a capital idea, my dear boy Chandy, yes. Sorry, I went British for a second. Good night.
All right, then. Listen up, Brigadeers, who here is interested in helping me put together the official Bandanna Dee Tumblr and/or Reddit?
I'd gladly help with the Reddit, but firstly, how will we be using this? Are we making some Bandana Dee subreddit, spreading propaganda in the smash ballot subs or something else? Too be honest, I can't actually see the reddit being that useful as the Smash bros sub pretty much bans propaganda threads in general, but I'll still help as much as I possibly can.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'd gladly help with the Reddit, but firstly, how will we be using this? Are we making some Bandana Dee subreddit, spreading propaganda in the smash ballot subs or something else? Too be honest, I can't actually see the reddit being that useful as the Smash bros sub pretty much bans propaganda threads in general, but I'll still help as much as I possibly can.
Good question. If the Smash Bros. sub bans propaganda, then we might have to make our own sub. Even if it won't help much, the more places that are name "Bandanna Dee," the better.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
/r/bandanadee is available. Maybe you guys can try that.
Though reddit is pretty preoccupied by admin drama in nearly every subreddit atm so it might not get much attention now, just sayin'.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
What do you mean?
One of the admins of reddit got fired from the company and so now a lot of subreddits are private in protest or the ones that aren't are filled with stuff about the decision. So at this moment a new subreddit for Bandana Dee in Smash may not get much attention.

Actually, nvm I think you guys should go for it regardless.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I really hope we get more than one character from the ballot. Hopefully around 10. Sakurai wouldn't Deemote us like that, would he?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I really hope we get more than one character from the ballot. Hopefully around 10. Sakurai wouldn't Deemote us like that, would he?
We're definitely getting more than 1, but 10? I think you're pushing it. We're probably getting like, 3-5, since that's usually what "several" equates to.
Also, Happy InDeependence Day! To celebrate, I'm going to play 20 FGs with America Mario while listening to Guile's theme. I'm going to kick ass for America!

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
We're definitely getting more than 1, but 10? I think you're pushing it. We're probably getting like, 3-5, since that's usually what "several" equates to.
Also, Happy InDeependence Day! To celebrate, I'm going to play 20 FGs with America Mario while listening to Guile's theme. I'm going to kick *** for America!
Several isn't used for 3-5. That usually equates to a few. Several means more than 4........................... IM JUST SAYING THAT MORE THAN 5 WOULD BE NICE. Knowing Sakurai, though, it may take a few months. Probably until next year this time.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Several isn't used for 3-5. That usually equates to a few. Several means more than 4........................... IM JUST SAYING THAT MORE THAN 5 WOULD BE NICE. Knowing Sakurai, though, it may take a few months. Probably until next year this time.
I don't think you know how many men and how much time it takes to make a single character. We're not getting more than 5, that much I'm sure of.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Although you're a few pages too late, I cannot express in words how much I ****ing love this picture. The detail on it is so amazing. Is this hand-drawn? And they made Jigglypuff sparkle! Why doesn't she do that in-game? I mean, she's a fairy, for ****'s sake! How come somebody on Miiverse does a better job with Jigglypuff than Sakurai does? He even made the font for her cursive.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Do you think Bandana Dee would have a weird (and unnecessary hehehe) mechanic like most of the Smash 4 newcomers?
Maybe, if he throws his spear, he can't use it for some time, but the Spear Throw would be really powerful... I don't know.
I'm still thinking he will be able to spawn food...

StormC

Smash Hero
3-5 more characters. Ballot or pre-ballot, doesn't matter, if we get 10 or more overall I will be floored.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't know what does " think the time for sprites has passed, except for maybe Mega Man." mean...
I think he was referencing the fact that not many characters use their in-game sprites in Smash. Nobody in the Mario series except for Rosalina does. Mega Man however, is the spitting image of his 8-bit sprites.
upload_2015-7-4_18-54-48.jpeg
3-5 more characters. Ballot or pre-ballot, doesn't matter, if we get 10 or more overall I will be floored.
I hope you get floored...That sounds rude. Never mind.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think he was referencing the fact that not many characters use their in-game sprites in Smash. Nobody in the Mario series except for Rosalina does. Mega Man however, is the spitting image of his 8-bit sprites.
View attachment 60090

I hope you get floored...That sounds rude. Never mind.
I was referring to how Mega Man is one of or the only series' left that still uses sprites. I'm pretty sure X8 was the last game that used models.

Top Bottom