• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
People enjoy, or even prefer, the visual style of sprites and that's perfectly valid. Just because one might be more technologically impressive doesn't necessarily mean it's better. It's like saying 2D animation should just stop entirely because of 3D animation.
That's all right, I'm just being reasonable. From a technological standpoint, 3D models are better.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
So you say you like sprites, then you say Mega Man would look better in 3D. Pick a side.
There is NO side...stop trying to make everything a competition, YOU said Mega Man looks more defined in sprite work WHICH MAKES NO SENSE..I don't get how sprites can look better than fleshed out than a 3d model >.>

Just cause I say I like something doesn't mean that I have to always say they are better. Try to get a less flawed logic next time.

I like sprites because they have a nice nostalgic feel to them, I miss them but I also like 3D models as well because they bring things to the table....

I said I like sprites not SPRITES ARE BETTER.

There really isn't an in between with you is there?

I need to work on sentence structure.

Anyways this argument is boring let's do something else ^.^

How about it ^.^
Mario meteor.png

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's funny because the Ice Climbers are even more unlikely than Pichu thanks to the 3DS limitations.
Huh. Good point.
There is NO side...stop trying to make everything a competition, YOU said Mega Man looks more defined in sprite work WHICH MAKES NO SENSE..I don't get how sprites can look better than fleshed out than a 3d model >.>

Just cause I say I like something doesn't mean that I have to always say they are better. Try to get a less flawed logic next time.

I like sprites because they have a nice nostalgic feel to them, I miss them but I also like 3D models as well because they bring things to the table....

I said I like sprites not SPRITES ARE BETTER.

There really isn't an in between with you is there?

I need to work on sentence structure.

Anyways this argument is boring let's do something else ^.^

How about it ^.^
View attachment 59852
Well, aren't we aggro? First of all, I never said Mega Man looks more defined in sprites, I said it's one of the few that still uses sprites. It helps to read, which I'm assuming you can do. Don't prove me wrong. Just because you can't put together a half decent argument, doesn't mean my logic is flawed.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Huh. Good point.

Well, aren't we aggro? First of all, I never said Mega Man looks more defined in sprites, I said it's one of the few that still uses sprites. It helps to read, which I'm assuming you can do. Don't prove me wrong. Just because you can't put together a half decent argument, doesn't mean my logic is flawed.
Not aggro at all actually, I'm happy listening to a great Kirby remix, Thanks for asking :D

Now let's get down to the nitty gritty

You said:

"Unless it's the series' defining characteristic, again, like Mega Man, it's not going to use sprites"

I guess you didn't go back and read what you said so insulting my reading skill is something I wouldn't recommend.

The rest after that is just a bunch of BS you conjured up to make me ultimately sound stupid so I don't need to even go into that.

The logic you used was: Oh he likes sprites that must mean he thinks sprites are better than 3D models.

I would watch who's intelligence you insult, especially after I tried to bury the hatchet.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

In unrelated news here is the remixes

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Sprites, Models, neither matter nearly as much as the execution. Models can look ugly, sprites can look ugly, models can look great, and so can sprites. Neither are inherently "better" than each other, it's actually completely subjective as to which is better, which is why I believe that a game design team should use whichever they are more talented with, as in the end, both Models and Sprites can both look visually appealing, and it's much easier to make something look good when your used to making them in the first place.

Also, has there been any news relating to Kirby in the past week or so?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Sprites, Models, neither matter nearly as much as the execution. Models can look ugly, sprites can look ugly, models can look great, and so can sprites. Neither are inherently "better" than each other, it's actually completely subjective as to which is better, which is why I believe that a game design team should use whichever they are more talented with, as in the end, both Models and Sprites can both look visually appealing, and it's much easier to make something look good when your used to making them in the first place.

I'm not trying to prove sprites are better I like both, at this point I'm just trying to defend myself from sheer misunderstandings. I'm getting attacked for saying that I like sprites.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Not a thing. And there are still no pre-orders open on the new merchandise from San-Ei, either, which is a pain, because I really want some of it. :laugh:

Actually, do we know if the 1.0.9 update has hit Smash 3DS, yet? That tends to be the version that's yielded the most data-mining treasures with its updates, historically.

StormC

Smash Hero
Next datamine reveals character file name BandanaIsaacRool.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Actually, I'm just curious, are we all familiar enough with the current canonical Waddle Dee sounds?

I ask because, when the last big data-mining uncovered two Kirby tunes, which at the time were the proposed ones for the Dream Land 64 DLC, the person who found them didn't recognise them, and uploaded them for everyone to check out. I just know that, if by some chance BWD does turn up in one of these things, a lot of people aren't going to recognise those sound effects (assuming, of course, that those are what they do go with if he were to make it into Smash).

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Actually, I'm just curious, are we all familiar enough with the current canonical Waddle Dee sounds?

I ask because, when the last big data-mining uncovered two Kirby tunes, which at the time were the proposed ones for the Dream Land 64 DLC, the person who found them didn't recognise them, and uploaded them for everyone to check out. I just know that, if by some chance BWD does turn up in one of these things, a lot of people aren't going to recognise those sound effects (assuming, of course, that those are what they do go with if he were to make it into Smash).
OMG That is interesting...the two songs that we thought were going to be in....didn't get in o-o wow....that could mean something
or nothing

Besides that...Waddle Dee's make a quacking like sound...I'll take the Rainbow Curse noises as canon I quess

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
OMG That is interesting...the two songs that we thought were going to be in....didn't get in o-o wow....that could mean something
or nothing
It almost certainly means nothing - it's just that they swapped out a tune from Kirby Air Ride for the Ice Cream Island remix in the 3DS version in the end, that's all. :laugh:

Besides that...Waddle Dee's make a quacking like sound...I'll take the Rainbow Curse noises as canon I quess
The same noises are used elsewhere, too - they're in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe if you have Dedede wear the Waddle Dee mask (granted by having StreetPass activated for Kirby Triple Deluxe on your system), as well.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
It almost certainly means nothing - it's just that they swapped out a tune from Kirby Air Ride for the Ice Cream Island remix in the 3DS version in the end, that's all. :laugh:

The same noises are used elsewhere, too - they're in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe if you have Dedede wear the Waddle Dee mask (granted by having StreetPass activated for Kirby Triple Deluxe on your system), as well.
That's what I was kind of thinking.

Well then again maybe the mask has some kind of effect on him making him sound like a Waddle Dee, IDK

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well then again maybe the mask has some kind of effect on him making him sound like a Waddle Dee, IDK
That's the idea. :laugh: Dedede's voice is a lot deeper than a Waddle Dee's, after all.

EDIT: I just checked the eShop, and there's no sign of the 1.0.9 update for Smash 3DS just yet. It'll certainly be here soon, though - they never let the two versions go out of sync for long.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
That's the idea. :laugh: Dedede's voice is a lot deeper than a Waddle Dee's, after all.

EDIT: I just checked the eShop, and there's no sign of the 1.0.9 update for Smash 3DS just yet. It'll certainly be here soon, though - they never let the two versions go out of sync for long.
I did something, good day, gooooood day.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I made a Miiverse post about Waddle Dee. Yay!
It looks cool, but that's just a normal Waddle Dee XD :c
We support Bandana Dee, THE Waddle Dee, not the normal ones, they are generic enemies and they are disconfirmed.
Also, Waddle Dees's "shoes" are yellow in the newer design and cream in the old design :awesome:

Can I post Waddle Dee art too?
Thanks!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like Megaton Punch is best as his Final Smash.
a waddle stampede would be much cooler and megaton punch always displayed him at his weakest.
It's funny because the Ice Climbers are even more unlikely than Pichu thanks to the 3DS limitations.
i don't care if pichu is added it would take no time for sakurai and his team and no one would probably pay for him. i would though.

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
Waddle Stampede wouldn't work on 3DS if it was like Brawl's. Too many individual characters on screen.

D

Deleted member

Waddle Stampede wouldn't work on 3DS if it was like Brawl's. Too many individual characters on screen.
i mean if they ran across the screen some big ones jump as they are run it would be like a more effective and longer ganon final.
i keep forgetting the 3ds version exist lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The Waddle Dee Army CAN be possible in the 3DS version, it would have to be a cutscene Final Smash, like Mega Man's, Shulk's or Captain Falcon's Final Smashes.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I have the splatoon 3 pack.

and meta knight.

and jigglypuff.

and lucario.

yeah...um...I'll stop talking.

Oh and greninja
Since we're talking Amiibos, I have Fox McCloud (Smash), Dedede (Smash), Diddy Kong (Smash), Luigi (Super Mario), Inkling Squid (Splatoon), Donkey Kong (Smash), Wii Fit Trainer (Smash), Pac-Man (Smash), and Pink Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi's Woolly World), myself. :smash:

I've also got pre-orders in on Skylanders SuperChargers 3DS which includes the Hammer Slam Bowser Amiibolander, and the Super Mario Maker bundle which contains the NES-palette Anniversary Mario Amiibo, too.

And every single one which can hold a Smash AI does, or will when I get them, in the case of those last two. :laugh:

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
OMG. I just had the ultimate idea for a Bandana Dee trailer. So then Smash Bros. sign appears, and you see King Dedede in the Boxing Ring stage fighting Little Mac. Little Mac, (being the annoying melee character that he is) beats King Dedede easily. When Little Mac starts taunting, a spear falls from above and knocks him out of the ring. Bandana Dee falls next to King Dedede, who gets up from being knocked over. Dedede issues his side taunt, and Bandana Dee poses. "Bandana Dee Waddles Into Battle!" The Another Dimension theme from Return to Dreamland starts playing, and the trailer shows off his moves. It also references the Return to Dreamland 4-player style with Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede and BD running through the Great Cave Offensive stage, references Rainbow Curse with Kirby and Bandana Dee with his alts. from that game, and Kirby's inhale and spit with Kirby inhaling BD and spitting him at another character. Now here's an idea I thought @IAmMetaKnight would love. After showing Bandana Dee's final smash, Magolor appears! (I can dream.) Magolor's gameplay is showed, and his final smash could be his CROWNED form. For a split second, Bandana Dee and Magolor are shown fighting, referencing the final battle from Return to Dreamland. Finally, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Bandana Dee and Magolor are all shown on Big Battlefield. Later in the Another Dimension song, (around 1:13) each character strikes a pose on each note of the song. Then, they begin fighting each other to end the trailer. It may not sound epic, but the way I envision it is amazing. If you all actually saw physically what I'm saying, you'd be astounded. Unfortunately, I can't animate anything. I'm.............. not really good. And I don't have the material.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
OMG. I just had the ultimate idea for a Bandana Dee trailer. So then Smash Bros. sign appears, and you see King Dedede in the Boxing Ring stage fighting Little Mac. Little Mac, (being the annoying melee character that he is) beats King Dedede easily. When Little Mac starts taunting, a spear falls from above and knocks him out of the ring. Bandana Dee falls next to King Dedede, who gets up from being knocked over. Dedede issues his side taunt, and Bandana Dee poses. "Bandana Dee Waddles Into Battle!" The Another Dimension theme from Return to Dreamland starts playing, and the trailer shows off his moves. It also references the Return to Dreamland 4-player style with Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede and BD running through the Great Cave Offensive stage, references Rainbow Curse with Kirby and Bandana Dee with his alts. from that game, and Kirby's inhale and spit with Kirby inhaling BD and spitting him at another character. Now here's an idea I thought @IAmMetaKnight would love. After showing Bandana Dee's final smash, Magolor appears! (I can dream.) Magolor's gameplay is showed, and his final smash could be his CROWNED form. For a split second, Bandana Dee and Magolor are shown fighting, referencing the final battle from Return to Dreamland. Finally, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Bandana Dee and Magolor are all shown on Big Battlefield. Later in the Another Dimension song, (around 1:13) each character strikes a pose on each note of the song. Then, they begin fighting each other to end the trailer. It may not sound epic, but the way I envision it is amazing. If you all actually saw physically what I'm saying, you'd be astounded. Unfortunately, I can't animate anything. I'm.............. not really good. And I don't have the material.

Maybe not with Magolor, but I think this is a great idea though.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I have returned from my five hour vacation. Rejoice.
Not aggro at all actually, I'm happy listening to a great Kirby remix, Thanks for asking :D

Now let's get down to the nitty gritty

You said:

"Unless it's the series' defining characteristic, again, like Mega Man, it's not going to use sprites"

I guess you didn't go back and read what you said so insulting my reading skill is something I wouldn't recommend.

The rest after that is just a bunch of BS you conjured up to make me ultimately sound stupid so I don't need to even go into that.

The logic you used was: Oh he likes sprites that must mean he thinks sprites are better than 3D models.

I would watch who's intelligence you insult, especially after I tried to bury the hatchet.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

In unrelated news here is the remixes

So kindly tell me in what part of that sentence did I imply that Mega Man looked better with sprites? I don't have to try to make you look stupid, that's something I can leave to you. The only reason you tried to "bury the hatchet" was because you knew that you were wrong.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I found this on Tumblr

For some reason I wasn't getting any alerts from this thread ¬¬
Also, I just have one Wario and one Kirby Amiibo and no Wii U to use them :dr-_-:
Finding amiibos where I live isn't really that difficult XD
I remember also seeing Villager, Marth, Jigglypuff, Greninja among others in the store
The only reason of why I only bought two is becuause I have no money :p
I'll probably just wait until the Bowser Jr. amiibo comes out

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I found this on Tumblr

For some reason I wasn't getting any alerts from this thread ¬¬
Also, I just have one Wario and one Kirby Amiibo and no Wii U to use them :dr-_-:
Finding amiibos where I live isn't really that difficult XD
I remember also seeing Villager, Marth, Jigglypuff, Greninja among others in the store
The only reason of why I only bought two is becuause I have no money :p
I'll probably just wait until the Bowser Jr. amiibo comes out
That comic is me om Tuesdays.

Top Bottom