• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Being off topic isn't necessarily a bad thing, when new info's slow, you still can keep the thread flowing, even if it's not directly making propaganda for or making a plan concerning Bandana Dee, our thread becoming bigger definitely helps us in the long run.

Also, It looks like we are a bit behind on the Waddle Week stuff, would you guys mind if I helped out and write it for you guys this week, at least until someone else is able to step back in?
Yea, going off-topic isn't bad. Repeating known info a lot can be boring at times. With propaganda, the best I can do is like on Miiverse, but that can take time to find something to like.

Happy Birthday @ FalKoopa FalKoopa !!!

To be fair, a Goomba would be pretty damn funny to play as. Especially that Goomba in Superstar Baseball with psychokinesis. Just sayin.
Same here. And Goomba would actually have moveset potential, if some moves are taken from its sub-species. For example:

Neutral Special: Tail Goomba
Side/Forward Special: Headbonk
Up Special: Paragoomba
Down Special: Goomba's Shoe
Final Smash: Mega Goomba

Goomba getting in Smash would actually benefit Dee... No one could use the Goomba argument against him anymore. :troll:

It's my birthday! :b:
Happy birthday!

I'm not sure could I eat that.. it's too adorable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
On the topic of going off-topic, while staying on Bandana Dee is obviously encouraged, there's only so much you can talk about. Just keep it limited to Kirby, like K. Rool thread does with Donkey Kong series, or Isaac with Golden Sun.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Just keep it limited to Kirby, like K. Rool thread does with Donkey Kong series
if that's the case i have always wanted a 3d kirby game but would it be possible? i can only imagine it being a bit like super mario 64... it would be cool if you had to use some powers to get to places like a wall of ice is in the way and you must use fire kirby to get past.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Same here. And Goomba would actually have moveset potential, if some moves are taken from its sub-species. For example:

Neutral Special: Tail Goomba
Side/Forward Special: Headbonk
Up Special: Paragoomba
Down Special: Goomba's Shoe
Final Smash: Mega Goomba

Goomba getting in Smash would actually benefit Dee... No one could use the Goomba argument against him anymore.
His forward smash has to be a one-hit KO just like the Home-Run Bat. All will fall before the psychic might of Goomba!

D

Deleted member

It's my birthday! :b:
----------------------------

Hmm, the Drawings section seems to be the place where we'll have most of our activity, it seems. Though we'll have to see how far we can take propaganda and Bandana Dee topics in the Discussion section. Hopefully the mods are not too harsh.

:231:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
if that's the case i have always wanted a 3d kirby game but would it be possible? i can only imagine it being a bit like super mario 64... it would be cool if you had to use some powers to get to places like a wall of ice is in the way and you must use fire kirby to get past.
I don't see why not. They did it with Crystal Shards. I want a Kirby Rpg, but it likely won't happen.

Wait, how can today be Falkoopa's birthday when today is also my birthday?!

But seriously today's my birthday.
Happy B-Day!!!

His forward smash has to be a one-hit KO just like the Home-Run Bat. All will fall before the psychic might of Goomba!
I always thought Goombas were lefties.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't see why not. They did it with Crystal Shards..
i mean't like not a side scroller but like a real 3d thing i don't know the word for it...

unless you mean like finding the crystals in hidden areas.
I want a Kirby Rpg, but it likely won't happen.
give it time there have been lots of kirby spin offs that they will have too make a Rpg at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
i mean't like not a side scroller but like a real 3d thing i don't know the word for it...

unless you mean like finding the crystals in hidden areas.

give it time there have been lots of kirby spin offs that they will have too make a Rpg at some point.
Kirby in a 3D sense doesn't work well. Just the mechanics of the games makes it weird. I mean Mario, it worked. But Kirby, I don't see it working. Just let him stick to 2D platformers. It's where its best.

D

Deleted member

Kirby in a 3D sense doesn't work well. Just the mechanics of the games makes it weird. I mean Mario, it worked. But Kirby, I don't see it working. Just let him stick to 2D platformers. It's where its best.
i guess it's a unrealistic dream. it would be nice though.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
snd_bgm_Z84_F_WaddleDee_3DS.nus3bank is what i want to see, this is what we'll probably get though snd_bgm_Z84_F_StupidLeakerthinkshecanleakmystufflol_3DS.nus3bank. I doubt the team will make the same mistake twice, but hey, miracles can happen right?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
snd_bgm_Z84_F_WaddleDee_3DS.nus3bank is what i want to see, this is what we'll probably get though snd_bgm_Z84_F_StupidLeakerthinkshecanleakmystufflol_3DS.nus3bank. I doubt the team will make the same mistake twice, but hey, miracles can happen right?
Never...EVER..do that again XD My heart..can't take it.

StormC

Smash Hero
It would be fairly disappointing if he was called Waddle Dee since it's clearly the same character and not a drone, and I wouldn't want people to think either the Kirby or Smash character is a drone. Bandana Dee would be cleaner, but I'd still accept Bandana Waddle Dee (which would be tied with Mr. Game And Watch for the longest name in the game).

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It would be fairly disappointing if he was called Waddle Dee since it's clearly the same character and not a drone, and I wouldn't want people to think either the Kirby or Smash character is a drone. Bandana Dee would be cleaner, but I'd still accept Bandana Waddle Dee (which would be tied with Mr. Game And Watch for the longest name in the game).
I personally want him to be called Bandana Waddle *********, but that's just me.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well, Peach isn't called Princess Peach, Mario isn't called Super Mario and Snake isn't called Solid Snake, so I think it'll be Bandanna Dee.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Well, Peach isn't called Princess Peach, Mario isn't called Super Mario and Snake isn't called Solid Snake, so I think it'll be Bandanna Dee.
Alright guys. I came back from the drive-in to see Inside Out AND Jurassic World... again. Hear me out. I'm not off topic. This actually has to do with Bandana Dee. During the advertisements, the concession stands were mentioned. People automatically got up to refresh themselves. The kicker was, they didn't even want any. At least they didn't realize they wanted it. The ads appealed to them and showed them things they never knew they wanted. I even heard 7-10 people say "Meh, I'm not in the mood but whatevs." Now relating this back to the Dee. What do people want for Smash? (Besides the people who only want veterans back.) New ideas! New characters, concepts and move sets! We've already covered the fact how BD has a spear, but notice this: His character in general would also bring something entirely new. He isn't just a generic enemy, true, but most people view him as one. There view of him may not change, so what do we do? Even if they think he's just a generic enemy, that's even MORE reason to vote for him! Wait.......that came out wrong. Let me try again. People would be amazed at how he's a Waddle Dee. Even though we aren't, they'd be pretty amazed at the fact that a so-called "generic enemy" can stand and fight against characters like Lucas and Ryu themselves. This would likely bring on a new view for the series, as people would point and say: "Wow! Look at Bandana Dee! We know now that most enemies from the Kirby franchise are FAR from being pushovers." So really, people end up realizing that they never knew they wanted to have a "generic character" that can prove himself powerful and stand his ground. I'm not sure if you all understood that, you probably didn't, but I just wanted to get that out there.............bro.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Alright guys. I came back from the drive-in to see Inside Out AND Jurassic World... again. Hear me out. I'm not off topic. This actually has to do with Bandana Dee. During the advertisements, the concession stands were mentioned. People automatically got up to refresh themselves. The kicker was, they didn't even want any. At least they didn't realize they wanted it. The ads appealed to them and showed them things they never knew they wanted. I even heard 7-10 people say "Meh, I'm not in the mood but whatevs." Now relating this back to the Dee. What do people want for Smash? (Besides the people who only want veterans back.) New ideas! New characters, concepts and move sets! We've already covered the fact how BD has a spear, but notice this: His character in general would also bring something entirely new. He isn't just a generic enemy, true, but most people view him as one. There view of him may not change, so what do we do? Even if they think he's just a generic enemy, that's even MORE reason to vote for him! Wait.......that came out wrong. Let me try again. People would be amazed at how he's a Waddle Dee. Even though we aren't, they'd be pretty amazed at the fact that a so-called "generic enemy" can stand and fight against characters like Lucas and Ryu themselves. This would likely bring on a new view for the series, as people would point and say: "Wow! Look at Bandana Dee! We know now that most enemies from the Kirby franchise are FAR from being pushovers." So really, people end up realizing that they never knew they wanted to have a "generic character" that can prove himself powerful and stand his ground. I'm not sure if you all understood that, you probably didn't, but I just wanted to get that out there.............bro.
Bruh, outdoor theaters. I want to go to one.

Waddle Dees are pushovers though. In Epic Yarn if you run into one they fall over. I'm technically pushing them over. They're pushovers.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm not sure why that required you to quote me, but ok.

StormC

Smash Hero
Those characters have been individually referred to by those names within each of their games, though. BWD has only been referred to by Bandana Waddle Dee and Waddle Dee, but never officially Bandana Dee, to my knowledge.

EDIT: I'm just now realizing Bandana Dee doesn't have a trophy in Smash 4. That's pretty baffling.

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Those characters have been individually referred to by those names within each of their games, though. BWD has only been referred to by Bandana Waddle Dee and Waddle Dee, but never officially Bandana Dee, to my knowledge.

EDIT: I'm just now realizing Bandana Dee doesn't have a trophy in Smash 4. That's pretty baffling.
Triple deluxe' official site referred to him as bandana dee, although I'm pretty sure he's only referred to as bandana waddle dee in game.
I don't have a problem with him being called by his full name in smash, the community would just call him bandana dee anyways.

Top Bottom