• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Do you think Bandana Dee would be lighter than Kirby?

I mean, he is like Kirby, but with a spear and a bandana, so he should be heavier than him, but Waddle Dees don't really have good "defense".
In Rainbow Curse BD has only 2 health bars, I think, Kirby has like 5.
In Return to Dream Land all the characters have the same amount of health.
In Canvas Curse, the Waddle Dee ball has pretty a decent health, higher than Meta Knight's.
In Brawl, Waddle Dees (Dedede's Side Special) are extremely light.

So... what do you think?
Probably around Toon Link's weight.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
@ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 - I'm not so sure about staple, myself, as I do like the variety that the Kirby series typically sees, and it means that we don't get stuck with an Andross-style situation, with a villain that gets shoehorned in almost everywhere, even when it doesn't really work. That said, I'd like to see those guys make one more big attempt at taking over, as I can only see that being epic. :laugh:

Furret24

Smash Master
Thought i'd contribute a moveset to here since I greatly support this character being in Smash. If movesets don't belong here, let me know.

Attributes
Weight- 78 (Tied with Rosalina and one unit higher than Kirby)
Walk Speed- 1.15
Run Speed- 1.8575 (In between Yoshi and Pikachu)
Air Speed- 1.25 (This is where he shines)
Fall Speed- 1.6, 2.5 Fast Fall
Size- Equal to Kirby
Jumps- 5 (In reference to how assistants in Super Star had endless jumps like Kirby)
Overall Spear Length- 1.5 Kirbies

Standards
Jab- Thrusts spear forward. An infinite jab with decent knockback. Hit 1- 2%, Infinite- 1%, Finisher 3%
F-Tilt- Thrusts spear forward. Can be angled, with down angle hitting opponents on ledges and up angle being slightly stronger. Little lag, but little power. 10%, 11% Angled up, 10% Angled down
U-Tilt- Thrusts spear upwards. Surprisingly long horizontal range and power, but little vertical range. 9%
D-Tilt- Kicks forward. High trip chance and low lag, with same range as Kirby's D-Tilt. 6%, 45% Trip Chance
Dash Attack- Trips forward like King Dedede's, but with far less start and end lag and not as strong. 10%

Smashes
F-Smash- Thrusts spear forward with more force than his tilts. Hits opponents forward with almost no horizontal knockback. This is true even if you angle it. Angling it works the same way his F-Tilt does. 19%, 22% Angled up, 19% Angled down
U-Smash- Kicks upwards like Kirby's U-Smash. Sweetspots the same too. 14% Sweetspot, 9% Sourspot
D-Smash- Punches down like he does in Megaton Punch, sending shockwaves around him. Surprising good range. Punch itself is the sweetspot that sends opponents upwards, shockwave sends opponents sideways, both with good knockback.
16% Punch, 14% Shockwave Close, 12% Shockwave Medium, 10% Shockwave Far

Aerials
N-Air- Opens up his parasol that functions like G&W's old N-Air. Covers all of his hurtbox except below him. The strongest N-Air in the game in terms of knockback. 16%
F-Air- Kicks forward like Kirby's old N-Air with good range. Has sex kick properties. 14.5%, 6% Late
B-Air- Kicks both feet backwards similar to Kirby's B-Air. Good knockback and lasting hitbox. 12%
U-Air- Kicks upwards like Kirby's U-Air. Combos at low percents. 11%
D-Air- Thrusts his spear downwards like Link and G&W (Melee)'s D-Air. Meteor smashes at the start. 12% Meteor, 11% Late

Grabs
Grab- Grabs forward with average range, similar to Kirby's.
Pummel- Same as Kirby's, but slightly slower and stronger. 1.5%
F-Throw- Releases opponent, then quickly stabs opponent forward. 10%
B-Throw- Same as Kirby's but has much more KBG. 11%
U-Throw- Hits opponent upwards with spear. Low vertical knockback allows it to combo from low to medium percents. 8%
D-Throw- Drills spear into opponent on ground. Meteor smashes. 8%

Floor Attack- Swings forward infront of him, then behind. Same for forward, backwards, and trip. 7%
Edge Attack- Climbs up while swinging spear forward quickly. 8%
100% Edge Attack- Same as normal, but slower. 10%

Specials
N-Special- Spear Throw 7% Uncharged, 10% Slightly Charged, 5% Per spear fully charged
Throws a spear forward like Link's arrow. If fully charged, three spears are thrown. Bandana Waddle Dee's only projectile.
S-Special- Hammer 17%
Swings a hammer forward like Kirby's old Side Special. Unlike Kirby and King Dedede, it can't be charged.
U-Special- Parasol 1% Hits 1-6, 4% Final Hit
Opens a parasol and flies upwards with distance comparable to G&W's Up Special, then flies downwards slowly, similar to G&W and Peach's. Does not leave him helpless if he closes it. Can KO near the upper blastline at high percents.
D-Special- Counter 1.4x damage of countered attack
A standard counter attack, but has a longer activation time than most. In turn, it is not as powerful as Marth or Lucina's.
Final Smash- Spear Revenge 50% Total
A trapping move similar to Kirby and King Dedede's.

Taunts
Up Taunt- Tightens his bandana.
Side Taunt- Waves at the screen, looking happy.
Down Taunt- Cowers in fear, then trips. The same animation Yarn Waddle Dee does when Kirby gets close. The fall does 4% to opponents right in front of him, with surprisingly decent knockback.

Other
On-Screen Apperance- Flies onto the screen in the same manner he does in the opening cutscene of Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
Victory Fanfare- Same as Kirby's.

Alternate Costumes
- Generic Bandana Waddle Dee Costume.
- Yellow Bandana Waddle Dee Costume (From Rainbow Curse).
- Green Bandana Waddle Dee Costume (From Rainbow Curse).
- Blue Bandana Waddle Dee Costume.
- Pink Bandana Waddle Dee Costume similar to Kirby's normal color scheme.
- Purple Bandana Waddle Dee Costume similar to Meta Knight's normal color scheme.
- Inverse Generic Bandana Waddle Dee Costume.
- Grey Bandana Waddle Dee Costume (Similar to the Waddle Dee's from certain areas of Return to Dreamland).

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I don't see why they shouldn't return...they were cool.
Unpopular opinion is unpopular
I just don't like them :drshrug:
Maybe because they feel like such obvious enemies for Kirby to fight
Maybe because they are so Obviously Evil
Maybe because I don't want another Dark Is Evil
What's a 'Staple Dark Dude'? I mean, he's not a dark copy like Shadow or Dark Pit.

:231:
I don't know XD

When I said dark dude I was literally talking that he looks like a dark guy
The same goes to Dark Matter
But hey it's just my opinion so no need to get upset, it's not written in stone or anything :p

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Unpopular opinion is unpopular
I just don't like them :drshrug:
Maybe because they feel like such obvious enemies for Kirby to fight
Maybe because they are so Obviously Evil
Maybe because I don't want another Dark Is Evil

I don't know XD

When I said dark dude I was literally talking that he looks like a dark guy
The same goes to Dark Matter
But hey it's just my opinion so no need to get upset, it's not written in stone or anything :p
Another Troper? Yesyesyes. :awesome:

THE POWER OF HIS CHIN COMPELS YOU!
(I always wanted to say that.)

:231:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
GAAAH. Waiting for more Smash Bros. news to be revealed is killing me. I know Sakurai needs time, but I can't take my mind off of it.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Come to think of it why would they ask for a line of characters to Smashify knowing that Bandana Dee is winning maybe they are already planning it out.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Well, we don't know if Bandana Dee is winning (I believe its currently Isaac).

279 votes.

Pheonix Wright has 168 because of AceStarThe3rd -.- I hate YouTubers that sway everything.

and Issac has 128 and only has one post.

I think we are winning.

I went to both videos.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

279 votes.

Pheonix Wright has 168 because of AceStarThe3rd -.- I hate YouTubers that sway everything.

I think we are winning.

I went to both videos.
Well maybe. They're probably making Isaac right now (the twitter hints and Travis video). He seems kind of easy and short to put in a Smashified video though. I'd think he'd do him on Smashified Live.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Idk why they are doing Isaac but I'm not about to make the thread off-topic. I'd rather have an entire video for him so I can snipe all the deetractors.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

279 votes.

I think we are winning.

I went to both videos.
What's wrong with Ace? I love that dude, no homo.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I feel as if Smashified knows that we want Bandana Dee, but they're doing more 3rd party characters rather than 1st party. That isn't bad, because I'd kill to see Sora get Smashified. However, it's probably gonna take a while for the Dee to get Smashified himself. We're trying to get Bandana Dee in Nintendo's most popular fighting game, yet we can't even get him drawn by a famous youtuber. Yeah ,we're going to do some serious waiting.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I feel as if Smashified knows that we want Bandana Dee, but they're doing more 3rd party characters rather than 1st party. That isn't bad, because I'd kill to see Sora get Smashified. However, it's probably gonna take a while for the Dee to get Smashified himself. We're trying to get Bandana Dee in Nintendo's most popular fighting game, yet we can't even get him drawn by a famous youtuber. Yeah ,we're going to do some serious waiting.
Well, no. Once Smashified Live gets announced, you can request him there (seems like Dee would fit that type of video) and he's probably on the list. Omni likes the Kirby franchise and Dee is pretty popular.

D

Deleted member

Maybe the two should return, but not as the final boss. Maybe the "bad guy" could get Kirby to unleash all of the final bosses from the previous games, and have them become second to last boss. But then again King Dedede was a final boss soooooo...
they could use masked dedede or dark shadow clones kinda like links awakening but they look like shadow kirby from kirby fighters.
Amazing video
THE PUNS
dat face...

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Well, no. Once Smashified Live gets announced, you can request him there (seems like Dee would fit that type of video) and he's probably on the list. Omni likes the Kirby franchise and Dee is pretty popular.
Yeah, true. Heh. Funny off topic story. I remember when Omni made the Rayman leak. Everyone was freaking out, and I was crying tears of joy. Literally. I came back a little later, and they were proven fake! Boy was I mad. At the same time though, it was funny. He made it look so real. I figured if he could do Rayman, he could do Bandana Dee! So I kept requesting him. That's part of the reason why I came here.

KirbyWarpstar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kittygal568
Well I like the idea. I love Kirby. So a fourth rep would be nice. And BTW I like how you told everybody not to like start flaming arguments. Believe me I saw a HUGE ( and when I say huge I mean really HUGE...) fight about Daisy 4 smash and there was cussing, CRAZY Fan-boys/girls, hater threads, CRAZY fan-people threads and they treated the issue like it was life or death. Honestly I couldn't care less about DLC right now but, that would be nice too see Bandanna Dee in smash because he's different from the other Kirby characters

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Well I like the idea. I love Kirby. So a fourth rep would be nice. And BTW I like how you told everybody not to like start flaming arguments. Believe me I saw a HUGE ( and when I say huge I mean really HUGE...) fight about Daisy 4 smash and there was cussing, CRAZY Fan-boys/girls, hater threads, CRAZY fan-people threads and they treated the issue like it was life or death. Honestly I couldn't care less about DLC right now but, that would be nice too see Bandanna Dee in smash because he's different from the other Kirby characters
Funny enough we get those type of threads about US on Gamefaqs they are usually Adeliene supporters >.>

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I said and I quote "I hate YouTubers that sway everything"

meaning I don't like when Youtubers mess up the results of something because of there popularity :T
Is that not what we're doing? Using our numbers to sway the results of something? Ace wants to see Phoenix Wright, we wanna see Bandanna Dee. If we can use our Brigadeers to get results, I think it's fair game that Ace be able to use his fans to do the same.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Is that not what we're doing? Using our numbers to sway the results of something? Ace wants to see Phoenix Wright, we wanna see Bandanna Dee. If we can use our Brigadeers to get results, I think it's fair game that Ace be able to use his fans to do the same.
But some people who are just fans of Ace will "Thumbs Up" his comment just cause they saw it because he's popular..

We may be popular, but not as much as a Youtuber with thousands of subscribers >.>

The difference is as clear as crystal, yet you attempted to connect the two situations.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
But some people who are just fans of Ace will "Thumbs Up" his comment just cause they saw it because he's popular..

We may be popular, but not as much as a Youtuber with thousands of subscribers >.>

The difference is as clear as crystal, yet you attempted to connect the two situations.
That's their decision. Unless Ace specifically told them to thumbs up his comment, I don't see the problem. He's just someone who wants their character Smashified like you and I.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
So you want to say as a fan of a person if you see a comment by them you won't like it...Mk cause that doesn't happen to people with a high subscriber base...you are completely right.

Whatever.

Anyways, goodbye guys I think I'm done for a while partially because this place gets off topic easily I'm growing bored of here I'll check on you guys next week, I need to find something else to do with my life, I may come back with something new and exciting I may not,until then...

Goodbye

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So you want to say as a fan of a person if you see a comment by them you won't like it...Mk cause that doesn't happen to people with a high subscriber base...you are completely right.

Whatever.

Anyways, goodbye guys I think I'm done for a while partially because this place gets off topic easily I'm growing bored of here I'll check on you guys next week, I need to find something else to do with my life, I may come back with something new and exciting I may not,until then...

Goodbye
Take care out there, GhostlyLure. I hope things go well. :)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
well I was going at this blind, so fine...

how do we make more propaganda?
Riot outside of Sakurai's house until he gives us Ridley. Wait, what. This isn't the Ridley thread. But, I thought we were talking about how he's a cool space dragon thing. Okay fine.

We riot outside of Sakurai's house until he gives us Bandana Dee.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64

Whatever.

Goodbye
Wow. Just straight up leave us. :( Seriously guys. We need to stay on topic. Do everything we can. Stay on topic. I need you all to stay on topic, because I feel that the brigade is starting to fall apart. So stay on topic and make sure to do what you need to do. Did I mention we all need to stay on-topic?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Wow. Just straight up leave us. :( Seriously guys. We need to stay on topic. Do everything we can. Stay on topic. I need you all to stay on topic, because I feel that the brigade is starting to fall apart. So stay on topic and make sure to do what you need to do. Did I mention we all need to stay on-topic?
Trying to this Brigade to stay on-topic? Better men than you have tried. Chandy is the one that immediately comes to mind.
But now that you say that, it made me realize something: where's Robby? I didn't even notice he was gone until just now.

Top Bottom