• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
I think Bandana Waddle Dee's Final Smash HAS to be Megaton Punch. I mean that's where we first see the guy and it would be SO ICONIC. It can even have a bar that goes up and down and play like the mini game. I feel like it's a MUST.

I don't think it's very hard to land a Megaton Punch in the original game unless you have REALLY poor timing so I don't see the mini game aspect as being a problem for it. It'll be a lot better and easier to do than DK's rythmn game final smash. x_x

I feel like Bandana Waddle Dee's Final Smash should be ICONIC to him. Landia has more to do with a fight against ALL the character in RTDL. Throwing spears could work but it doesn't really recall anything from the games.

However Megaton Punch is a specific game that really recalls the character, would be iconic to the character, and I think would work well. Landing a Megaton Punch should not be hard. It can have a Wave effect that shoots out from either side of the punch that pushes the other opponents off the stage from both sides.
And, it could leave a giant hole in the stage, depending on how strong the punch was, though the size could also vary from the size of the stage, because punching a hole in battlefield, or a flying stage like Lumiose, or SmashVille would be too powerful.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
And, it could leave a giant hole in the stage, depending on how strong the punch was, though the size could also vary from the size of the stage, because punching a hole in battlefield, or a flying stage like Lumiose, or SmashVille would be too powerful.
As cool as that would be, I think it would be hard to program that into the game. I think the shockwaves idea works better

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Megaton Punch would be amazing! I would really love to see that. It'd be awesome if they basically port the original game to his final smash, and as talked about before, create a shockwave. It would be pretty fun because you can "test your skill". Now I need to go get Super Star and practice. ;)

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
As cool as that would be, I think it would be hard to program that into the game. I think the shockwaves idea works better
The shockwave I'm talking about already exists. Spoilers (sorry I dunno how to hide spoilers yet on here. Just stop reading here if you don't want Triple Deluxe or Kirby Fighters Z spoiled)
When Mirror World Dedede jumps up and down and creates shock waves on both sides, In Kirby Fighters Z against Dedede when he jumps up and down and creates shockwaves.

(click here to see the move
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Qhe6Ou0-4&feature=player_detailpage#t=303

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Meanwhile, the anniversary for the release date of Kirby's Dream Land for North America is coming soon on August 3rd, along with Sakurai's birthday on August 1st. Could this mean more than a simple veteran reveal for Meta Knight? I hope so.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Meanwhile, the anniversary for the release date of Kirby's Dream Land for North America is coming soon on August 3rd, along with Sakurai's birthday on August 1st. Could this mean more than a simple veteran reveal for Meta Knight? I hope so.
OMG it's the anniversary for Kirby's Dreamland? Kirby's First ever game and my first Kirby game ever. That makes me so emotional right now, lolol. Wow Sakurai released Dreamland so close to his birthday. Talk about a gift for one's self.

Wow, This is emotional

Edit:: Sakurai's Birthday is right after My Birthday too!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We'll see next week. I hope that they pump out some more reveals. The lack of some veterans like Wario and Meta Knight is a bit disturbing.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
We'll see next week. I hope that they pump out some more reveals. The lack of some veterans like Wario and Meta Knight is a bit disturbing.
Well Wario was pretty much revealed via the eshop. Smash Bros 3DS was listed under him as a game he'd appear in. So I think he's going to be in no problem. I honestly think the same with MK who was drawn on a whiteboard picture with the other characters by the developers and posted. So I think there's no doubt either will be in honestly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well Wario was pretty much revealed via the eshop. Where he was listed as who would appear in Smash Bros 3DS and had the game listed under him. So I think he's going to be in no problem. I honestly think the same with MK who was drawn on a whiteboard picture with the other characters by the developers and posted. So I think there's no doubt either will be in honestly.
I don't think that these characters will get cut, but I'm just very confused as to why they haven't been shown off yet.
I hope that August gives us some good stuff.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't think that these characters will get cut, but I'm just very confused as to why they haven't been shown off yet.
I hope that August gives us some good stuff.
Oh I see what you mean. Yeah no footage of how they play yet or if there's been any changes. Especially for MK who everyone has stated is broken.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Well Wario was pretty much revealed via the eshop. Smash Bros 3DS was listed under him as a game he'd appear in. So I think he's going to be in no problem. I honestly think the same with MK who was drawn on a whiteboard picture with the other characters by the developers and posted. So I think there's no doubt either will be in honestly.
Well we can't use that because Mario Picross was also there and he was in the sequel.
He's already guaranteed at this point anyways.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I just want Bandana Dee's trailer to have all 4 of the Kirby characters appear in one scene together, similar to the end of Robin/Lucina's trailer.

Meta Knight: Is that.. the hero of Dream Land himself?

Bandana Dee: And the self-proclaimed great king!

Meta Knight: Worthy opponents indeed!

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Here's how I personally think Megaton Punch would work as a Final Smash:
Essentially, you play the minigame form Kirby Super Star, complete with bar, pendulum, and crosshairs. Timed presses of the Special button change the strength of the attack. Hit the bar when it turns white, the pendulum as it reaches lowest part of it's swing, and the crosshairs as they line up to perfectly land the punch. At maximum strength, Bandana will leap (if he's in the air, he will skip this part) and then drop at high speeds to the ground. As before with my personal moveset idea, if done over a cliff or on a moving platform that is currently over a cliff, Bandana will simply fall and self-destruct. Upon landing, anyone directly hit by the punch will spontaniously fly into the background and be KO'd. Upon a direct hit, giant shockwaves will go out on either side of Bandana Dee until either a wall stops them or they reach a cliff, anyone hit by them will be sent flying, however they have chances of recovering if they are at a low enough damage due to the shockwaves being much weaker than the actual punch. If one hits a foe whilst in the air, they will be sucked into the move and dragged down with you, before being KO'd instantly. For this, however, the hitbox is rather small and one must be decently precise to land it properly.

If you miss the crosshairs entirely, the move will fail and Bandana will smack into the ground painfully on his face. Completely failing the pendulum will cause the move to weaken severely as Bandana misstimes the punch and performs it midair, decreasing the force he could've hit with. Hitting the bar while it's black (empty) will cause the move to be extremely slow and leave Bandana extremely vulnerable upon hitting the ground as he looks around with a confused expression at doing no damage.

That's just how I think of it. The crosshairs are aim and the pendulum is timing, so if the aim and/or timing is off, the move's gonna fail. And having no charged energy or anything behind doesn't leave a very powerful move.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Double Post Warning Received
I just want Bandana Dee's trailer to have all 4 of the Kirby characters appear in one scene together, similar to the end of Robin/Lucina's trailer.

Meta Knight: Is that.. the hero of Dream Land himself?

Bandana Dee: And the self-proclaimed great king!

Meta Knight: Worthy opponents indeed!
LMAO I love everything about the commentary and the image

Essentially, you play the minigame form Kirby Super Star, complete with bar, pendulum, and crosshairs. Timed presses of the Special button change the strength of the attack. Hit the bar when it turns white, the pendulum as it reaches lowest part of it's swing, and the crosshairs as they line up to perfectly land the punch. At maximum strength, Bandana will leap (if he's in the air, he will skip this part) and then drop at high speeds to the ground. As before with my personal moveset idea, if done over a cliff or on a moving platform that is currently over a cliff, Bandana will simply fall and self-destruct. Upon landing, anyone directly hit by the punch will spontaniously fly into the background and be KO'd. Upon a direct hit, giant shockwaves will go out on either side of Bandana Dee until either a wall stops them or they reach a cliff, anyone hit by them will be sent flying, however they have chances of recovering if they are at a low enough damage due to the shockwaves being much weaker than the actual punch. If one hits a foe whilst in the air, they will be sucked into the move and dragged down with you, before being KO'd instantly. For this, however, the hitbox is rather small and one must be decently precise to land it properly.

If you miss the crosshairs entirely, the move will fail and Bandana will smack into the ground painfully on his face. Completely failing the pendulum will cause the move to weaken severely as Bandana misstimes the punch and performs it midair, decreasing the force he could've hit with. Hitting the bar while it's black (empty) will cause the move to be extremely slow and leave Bandana extremely vulnerable upon hitting the ground as he looks around with a confused expression at doing no damage.

That's just how I think of it. The crosshairs are aim and the pendulum is timing, so if the aim and/or timing is off, the move's gonna fail. And having no charged energy or anything behind doesn't leave a very powerful move.
This works. I like it. I really want this to be his smash if he's in. It's got to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman

That's pretty much how I would want a Megaton Punch Final Smash to work as well.
however, I was just thinking while reading it, with having to play the minigame that gives opponents a rather good chance to dodge the move entirely (even get to higher/lower ground to avoid the shockwaves.
I feel that there needs to be some way to lock at least one target in the move, so maybe when you activate the move the stone slabs from the minigame appear in front of him, and if they land on an opponent that opponent is trapped and will take the (potential) full force of the move. whilst any who didn't get crushed by the stones is free to run, but if they can't get away quick enough they will either get hit by the punch too, or the shockwaves will get them.
admittedly, moves like Marth's FS has a very high chance of missing so it's possible it will just be the minigame, but I feel that would be a little lacking since everyone could easily escape the punch (but not maybe the shockwaves)
also maybe to add more danger to the move (and make it more epic) make the ground "shake" when he performs his punch causing opponents to trip so they might not be able to escape the shockwaves.
I don't know, just random Ideas to make Bandana's final smash a little more powerful/useful

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
That's pretty much how I would want a Megaton Punch Final Smash to work as well.
however, I was just thinking while reading it, with having to play the minigame that gives opponents a rather good chance to dodge the move entirely (even get to higher/lower ground to avoid the shockwaves.
I feel that there needs to be some way to lock at least one target in the move, so maybe when you activate the move the stone slabs from the minigame appear in front of him, and if they land on an opponent that opponent is trapped and will take the (potential) full force of the move. whilst any who didn't get crushed by the stones is free to run, but if they can't get away quick enough they will either get hit by the punch too, or the shockwaves will get them.
admittedly, moves like Marth's FS has a very high chance of missing so it's possible it will just be the minigame, but I feel that would be a little lacking since everyone could easily escape the punch (but not maybe the shockwaves)
also maybe to add more danger to the move (and make it more epic) make the ground "shake" when he performs his punch causing opponents to trip so they might not be able to escape the shockwaves.
I don't know, just random Ideas to make Bandana's final smash a little more powerful/useful
That's a good idea with the slabs. It could maybe be like Greninja's Matblock that appears with the shockwaves hitting the rest of the opponents. The faster you master and Megaton Punch and get good at doing it, than the better a Bandana Waddle Dee player you'll be. It should require some skill. The quake is a cool idea too.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
In the Most Boston Accent Ever

I'm scayh'd guys....I'm scayh'd that this week will deconfirmed the bahndahnah deeh.......Tahkahkmaru just got deconfahm'd....

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Wow saw the daily screen! Oh boy. I wonder if Bandana Dee will end up as an assist trophy as well. I'd rather he be playable because of the use of his spear but if he is an assist trophy he can throw items like he does in Triple Deluxe. Except maybe he can't preform this role since Isabelle already does this... So maybe he can be playable instead, haha.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Well it is a possibility we will have to prepare for but do keep positive that we still have these things yet to reveal

-MK as a Veteran (good time to reveal new character and veteran)
-No new Kirby stages shown YET (and it's getting close to the Japanese release)
-Dedede's waddle dee toss attack has been changed to just gordos (to make things easier for another playable Dee on stage?)
-Kirby franchise is very popular Japan. In the top 3 for girls and top 4 for boys! Quite beloved world wide. Would be a popular pick
-Sakurai threw modesty out the window during Brawl.

Let's keep our chins up until they ACTUALLY reveal him as a mere trophy, character, or find out he's not even in.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
If Waddle Dees are enemies [shouldn't rhyme, right now I don't have the time- GOD DAMN IT!] then we can't use the Gordo argument for him unfortunately. But yes, come on Bandana Dee!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
aw we've gotten some more votes for no against Bandana Dee :( If any supporters haven't voted yet than do show your support.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
If Waddle Dees are enemies [shouldn't rhyme, right now I don't have the time- GOD DAMN IT!] then we can't use the Gordo argument for him unfortunately. But yes, come on Bandana Dee!
Why not? I can see the reason being good if to avoid chaos during battle where characters and stages are less spaced unlike on the Smash Run map. It would be a good reason to change the attack.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Why not? I can see the reason being good if to avoid chaos during battle where characters and stages are less spaced unlike on the Smash Run map. It would be a good reason to change the attack.
Me personally, I think if Lucina and Marth can be on the same screen, and Blue Sonic and Blue Sonic, then people should tell Bandana Dee apart from regular Dee. So eh. Still massive supporter of BD. Infact, he's really my #1. Ridley I became a fan of after defending him all of the time on Miiverse.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Hey guys do you think sailor Dee will be a cool alt costume for him. instead of a spear he can have a harpoon or an anchor that would be awsome

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
People are scared of Bandana Dee becoming an Assist Trophy?

That's all I gotta say. LOL

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
That image link is broken.
The image isn't broken for me, weird.

I hope that if they go with another Kirby assist trophy, they go with another helper like a Birdon or a Wheelie.

People are scared of Bandana Dee becoming an Assist Trophy?

http://s29.postimg.org/6peoifmlz/eth.png

That's all I gotta say. LOL
Even if Knuckle Joe is a conformed assist trophy, doesn't mean Bandana Dee can't be one. Yes, Knuckle Joe takes the Kirby assist trophy spot for the second time but there's no rule that says there can be only him, look at the Color-Tv Game 15 and some the Legend of Zelda assist trophies. I don't think anyone expected the the new Zelda assist trophies or even thought Color-Tv Game 15 as an option. Sadly, there's nothing really stopping him from becoming an assist trophy. I hope that Sakurai proves me wrong on that.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
404 not found. Try uploading it to imgur.

Also I think our moveset ideas are really weak in comparison to what Sakurai could come up with. We need something gimmicky enough to make Bandana Dee feel like a completely new idea of character. Like how Rosalina is a puppet character, Robin has limited usage on his/her tomes, Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Pac-Man all have unorthodox movesets, Little Mac sucks in the air but great on the ground, what would Bandana Dee need to make him feel unique?

If you were in Sakurai's shoes, how would you make Bandana Dee feel super unique and interesting besides him using a Spear and maybe a Parasol?

The Image Works!:

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Dee WILL be playable.

Takamaru's deconfirmation is not bad for Bandana Dee, that makes no sense, it's good because it means less competition.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Well, it's just Takamaru was a very popular request. Kind of puts a damper on things.

But BD's still in this. It ain't over until the bitter end!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't know why, but now I feel even more confident about Bandana Dee's chances.
I feel the opposite....I'm just feeling down....

I'm scared of:

(August 1st, PoTD!)

"To celebrate the release of the first Kirby Game, here is Bandana Dee as a Trophy! He may appear weak, but he has heart and will always follow his King!"

I'm just trying my best to accept that we are probably just getting Shulk, Chorus Men, and Ridley if we are lucky.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I feel the opposite....I'm just feeling down....

I'm scared of:

(August 1st, PoTD!)

"To celebrate the release of the first Kirby Game, here is Bandana Dee as a Trophy! He may appear weak, but he has heart and will always follow his King!"

I'm just trying my best to accept that we are probably just getting Shulk, Chorus Men, and Ridley if we are lucky.
Oh, C'mon, don't be pessimist.

I still don't understand why Takamaru's deconfirmation makes you think that Bandana Dee's chances are lower.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Oh, C'mon, don't be pessimist.

I still don't understand why Takamaru's deconfirmation makes you think that Bandana Dee's chances are lower.
I'm sorry...I'm just like that.

The reason I'm down is because I saw the disappointment of the fans of Takamaru. I never liked the character based on the fact I don't want another sword character. However I still saw that sadness and felt bad. I just hope it doesn't happen to us next.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
What will be; will be, Bandana Brigade, but until you know one way or the other, I suggest you remain strong. Having experienced the sadness first hand with my first, second and third most wanted characters get disconfirmed I can honestly say it's not a pleasant experience, but you'll recover should the worst happen.

Takamaru had no direct competition with Bandana Dee so don't concern yourself due to him; others will get disconfirmed as we near the end. It's only natural.

(also; popping in to show my support again with this new banner. I need to get better quality images of the Zelda duo though)

Top Bottom