• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I think its awesome, kinda like one of those "under construction" signals :B
Well the actual coloring is pretty neat. But the lack of model change for the hat is very disappointing to me since it screamed Dedede's helmet but oh well.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
guys can we come back to bandana dee >.> its kind of straying off topic...
BTW SDCC is happening right now any thoughts on what the "surprise is?"

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
As far as I'm concerned, SDCC's "surprise" which is most likely a character reveal will be shown tomorrow, or sometime around the tournament, which is also tomorrow. Probably going to be shown right after it finishes.

That being said, Nintendo's social media accounts will most likely promote the event and link to their Twitch stream (Not sure if they have one on Youtube too) to it. Let's hope for the best!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
guys can we come back to bandana dee >.> its kind of straying off topic...
BTW SDCC is happening right now any thoughts on what the "surprise is?"
I thought it was happening on the 25th. I don't see anything on Nintendo's Twitch channel about the tournament. It's offline.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I thought it was happening on the 25th. I don't see anything on Nintendo's Twitch channel about the tournament. It's offline.
It happens on: 11:30amPT on July 25

In other news, people are still pulling the "Waddle Dee is already an enemy in Smash Run" excuse.

edsett

Smash Apprentice

In other news, people are still pulling the "Waddle Dee is already an enemy in Smash Run" excuse.
Ah, well. All that is needed in response to that excuse is a screenshot of Bandana Dee in RtDL fighting Waddle Dees in the main game.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Stepped away for a bit, and I had 10 notifications for this thread. Thought it had actually happened. :p

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

Waddle Dees are enemies in Return to Dreamland. x_x That didn't stop them from putting Bandana Dee as the fourth playable character in that game. I dislike that excuse.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Bandana Dee fighting other Waddle Dees is an invalid argument. Mario can fight Little Mac. Captain Falcon can beat up Luigi. Humans can fight each other, can't they?

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Ah, well. All that is needed in response to that excuse is a screenshot of Bandana Dee in RtDL fighting Waddle Dees in the main game.
Here's a fashionable picture of Bandana Dee-wait....I found the problem, on google images there's no pictures of Bandana Dee fighting other Waddle Dees. I just looked through all the pictures under "Kirby's Return to Dream Land", "Bandana Waddle Dee Kirby's Return to Dream Land", "Bandana Waddle Dee fighting Waddle Dees", the same phrases just with Bandana dee instead of Bandana Waddle Dee, "Bandana Waddle Dee", "Bandana Dee" and both phrases with Kirby tacked on them and nothing comes up.

We need to start something and post a bunch of pictures of Bandana Dee fighting other Waddle Dees.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
And, to top it off, his birthday's on August 3rd; the beginning of August.

The month of August looks very promising! :)
Just because his birthday is in August doesn't mean that he'll HAVE to reveal something Kirby related. And even then, his birthday is on a weekend, meaning no POTD and the fact that other franchises have anniversaries too. Also, how does Master Hand help Bandana Dee get revealed?

I'm not saying he can't get revealed, but you're overly rating his chances, his popularity/requestedness, etc. Popularity does have a SMALL factor, but overall you're thinking his chances for the August Direct is a surefire 100% when it kinda isn't.

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Just because his birthday is in August doesn't mean that he'll HAVE to reveal something Kirby related. And even then, his birthday is on a weekend, meaning no POTD and the fact that other franchises have anniversaries too. Also, how does Master Hand help Bandana Dee get revealed?

I'm not saying he can't get revealed, but you're overly rating his chances, his popularity/requestedness, etc. Popularity does have a SMALL factor, but overall you're thinking his chances for the August Direct is a surefire 100% when it kinda isn't.
Nah, I'm just saying that he might have a better chance because there's more things that are going for him in August out of any other month. The Master Hand keychain and the other random keychains are probably just a coincidence, but you never know.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Nah, I'm just saying that he might have a better chance because there's more things that are going for him in August out of any other month. The Master Hand keychain and the other random keychains are probably just a coincidence, but you never know.
as far as the keychains are concerned, they appear randomly it seems in these boss fights. I've seen plenty of other screencaps of the boss fights with keychains being posted and they look different each time so most likely a coincident.

Still an august reveal could be nice and maybe Sakurai may want to do something like that since Kirby is his baby. I dunno.

I'm always optimistic for Bandana Dee or a new Kirby rep in general BUT I know with smash bros, one never knows what can happen near the release.

I think the only thing that gives me the most hope is the fact that HAL has been making Bandana Dee a lot more reoccurring as far as characters are concerned when it's never quite been a thing of theirs in the past. Even other characters like Taranza and Magolor don't seem forgotten in these recent games. We can hope for continuous appearances for the future.

I also still find it interesting that Dedede's waddle dee toss attack has been changed to just gordos now. It doesn't confirm anything but it's still something to be hopeful about that JUST MAYBE we'll get him.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
What would the title of Bandana Dee's trailer be called? Something to do with spears?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Bandana Dee at your service!
Bandana Dee sticks it to 'em!
Bandana Dee drops in! (Megaton Punch reference)
Bandana Dee crashes in!
Bandana Dee darts in!

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
No, I mean like the Youtube video title. For example, Rosalina's was called "Comet Observatory" and Little Mac's was "Champion of the Ring".

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I just want to apologize for my ignorance and calling Bandana Dee a "common enemy." I'm born again, I've found Dee-sus. Revealed at Comic Con or not, he has my support.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I guess the folks at HAL would keep a writer's bible on the Kirby series. :laugh:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I used "The King's Lancer" as it's kind of a double pun. Bandana Dee is a lancer, a person who wields a lance. But "Lancer" was the term for a professional soldier during the Middle Ages.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
This might be off topic but for a 3DS Kirby stage what would you like to see? I think a Kirby Fighters stage might make it in.
If Bandana Dee is in and Kirby's Ultra Sword is his new Final Smash, than for sure a Return to Dreamland Stage. Even though Epic Yarn sold more overseas, RtDL sold better in Japan and seems better received by fans, anyway. So I expect a RtDL stage. I'd love a Triple Deluxe stage for the 3DS version where you could fight in the foreground and background. On the beanstalk or something. I also think an Epic Yarn stage would be cool just because that game looked cute. Prince Fluff could be in the background and the other characters who you help in that game. They could come in and out of yarn doors and throw beads you could lose in battle if hit. It' makes for a neat game feature where it can tell you how many beads you're left with at the end of the match too. Give you something else to compete against.

However, I expect decent representation of RtDL if Kirby's final smash is changed. It means Sakurai is familiar with that game for sure. Which gives me some hope for Bandana Waddle Dee as well.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Bandana Dee fighting other Waddle Dees is an invalid argument. Mario can fight Little Mac. Captain Falcon can beat up Luigi. Humans can fight each other, can't they?
[coughdeathstareandtierlistandminirantwhenitdoesn'tmatterreallyoversensitivetomygaywaifueventhoughI'mstraightcough]

Anyways, boy I love debating on Miiverse about the Dee.....

Please help me get away from stupidity.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
[coughdeathstareandtierlistandminirantwhenitdoesn'tmatterreallyoversensitivetomygaywaifueventhoughI'mstraightcough]

Anyways, boy I love debating on Miiverse about the Dee.....

Please help me get away from stupidity.
I rarely hang on miiverse so not sure what's being said. Probably the same general arguments as the internet. Thanks for keeping up the good fight. I think a lot of people are just unaware that Bandana Dee is a specific character and not an enemy because they may not keep up with Kirby. Sometimes enlightening people can bring support.

I think if people can see he'd be a neat fighter who offers a new weapon and thus playstyle, and is a likeable reoccurring unique ally and character in the game, they may be more open.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Only a little over an hour before the tournament starts. Reminder that a leak states we're to get a Meta Knight + Bandana Dee reveal today. He didn't state when, other than that it would be at Comic-Con. I expect it to be after the tournament.

Here's the link to the livestream: live.nintendo.com

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Only a little over an hour before the tournament starts. Reminder that a leak states we're to get a Meta Knight + Bandana Dee reveal today. He didn't state when, other than that it would be at Comic-Con. I expect it to be after the tournament.

Here's the link to the livestream: live.nintendo.com
I don't know if I trust leaks very much. However that would be so awesome! I'm currently taking care of a disabled family member and have to take them to an appointment so I may miss it if I'm not back soon. I'll report back for the news as soon as I can. I'd like to see what this "special surprise" is!!

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
since the entire this is being shown in 11:00 pm PT I guess I will have to wait another day

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Nothing really shown off yet as far as all new content or character. They talked about combos? Not a competitive player but it didn't seem like a lot of combos were happening that I could tell. Than the Tournament began.

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Sad news, Brawl in the Family is coming to a close soon.
Aww, that's too bad. I've been following that comic for 1-2 years and it's probably the best Super Smash Bros. related comic I've ever read. I don't think I've ever seen a comic based on that subject run for so long. Well, at least we can still probably see him on online matches. :)

Turns out it's actually 11:30 AM ET. Go here - http://www.twitch.tv/Nintendo

EDIT: Nevermind. It's 11:30 AM PT.
Is there anyway to watch the live stream somewhere other than Twitch or at least the whole match once the first day is finished? My computer's older and I can't update my Adobe Flash Player anymore.

Edit 2: Apparently that was Nintendo Treehouse coverage which only showed some of the matches :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom