• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baltimore Tourney at UMBC - Next: TBD

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
I decided to read stuff.

No one likes me, because I'm an *** hole to everyone, but I try to be an *** in the best way possible!

So, to UMBC

People have a right to ***** about seeding yo.

If they pay money, and you're playing favorite in brackets, you're literally ripping them off... You hadn't aught to NOT have certain people playing certain others because of your preference to keep Baltimore from playing VA, that's ****ed.

If you do that, and then you have hard hitters from certain regions taking out other hard hitters from that region you have poeple who play often, say people of skill levels that are comparble, but not equal, say KoRn and Chu, playing each other. Where normally chu would advance further than KoRn, since Korn adn Chu play often it becomes habitual, and a clash of two who know each other's styles.

That's my uneeded two cents!

;D

Also, "I don't under stand this, I'm just a monkay!"

"WHHHHATT!? Bad Donkey kong"

the end

Added: Double posting is cool. >.> my bad.

Maybe chillin's not the only one drunk.

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
Shout Outs:

Vist- Good matches
Azen- Nice link and fox ditos
Frozen- Nice matches
Blues- BLUES!!! im going 2 pretend like u didnt die twice in megaman III
Newlyweds- Thx for the team friendlies
Team Power(Kirbstir and CK)- Good way 2 end the day *pound*
Chu- one word man....Bowser that was not a smart choice lol

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Chu - sorry I didn't show, I called Azen but never got an answer, and was too tired from dropping off Blues & CK. maybe next time?

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
That is because chu only went ICs one match ..he 3 stocked me
then he went fox last match when i counter pick to Brinstar it was a really close match..

i mean if he choose pikachu or pichu on last match i'll definitely get ****.. :(

** UMBC if you are busy just send me bracket & results (maybe my e-mail or pm) so i can post in result thread for you

EpicE

Smash Journeyman
shout outs:

Team Ben ~ good seeing you guys as always, good times

CK - great teaming with you, your advice was key in our good placement :]

Blues - its fvcking Blues!!!!!!!!!!! good shiz in melee and Megaman!

EM - good shiz man, both matches were close but I pulled it off in the end lol, you are def good man

The Elephant Vanishes(BTree) >__> - thanks for ****** me on your counter pick battlefield, ****** me so bad I quit the match lmao, taking you to poke stadium on the 3rd match was just an excuse to spam lasers at that fvcking beast jiggly you have, great match you made me work hard for the win!

UMBC - keep holding tornys just get help with the seedings I guess if people have issues lol, i had a great time

Chu - Ima start yelling at your low tier using arse if chillins not there if thats what u need Lol

Azen ~ amazing friendlies, thanks a lot

Vist ~ luigi is clearly too good

Boss ~ yurp u beat me again, good stuff

Korn ~ lol good stuff

everyone else good shiz

Vist

Smash Champion
:( @ losing to azen then chu only to get 7th

I had fun even though i felt the seeding could've been done better for singles. UMBC, I don't mean anything personal when I'm talking about the seeding but I really do feel you could improve on how you seed everyone. There are some small things I've seen from both this tournament and the last where I felt there was little reasoning behind some of the seeding placements to the point where they appeared to be based off of your own experience/opinion of different players (and possibly the suggestion of other players). I'll be more than happy to help you out next time. I have been on the regional panel recently (possibly again coming up?) so I think I'd give some good insight.

kirbstir- fun stuff in teams. good job getting 2nd in singles

newlyweds- crazy matches we had. congrats on winning the team event.

azen- mario bros/falcon bros action was too good. intense stuff in singles during our set :) good stuff winning singles too

chu- im not double blinding you anymore lol. your non-usual-chu character picks seem to be the only reason why you lose sets sometimes

dosv- man we gotta stop facing each other in tournament. our matches are getting too close for comfort too.

epice- you gotta stop messing up vs me in tournament mang. next time will be different

b-more/mushroom kings/silver spring smashers- good stuff

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Update: Singles and doubles for the next tournament will be $5 per person.

I will determine a staff for the next tournament based on who plans to attend, which will consist of several people such as Vist, Kirbstir, and G-reg. They will help with seeding, helping to stop friendlies, calling out matches, basically all the things staff members are supposed to help out with (it's discussed in a thread).

Today during the weekly smashfest I will try to get my vcr to work with the tv's in the game room.

Date is still in the works.

Top Bottom