• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baltimore Tourney at UMBC - Next: TBD

Repryx

Smash Champion
Wow Harsh...Chu...I may start askin you 4 rides soon but im gonna Map things out 1st so I can see who's path I am in.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
watch ur mouth kid. Consider your "taxi service" unavailable from here on out
but by charging $20 that's basically what it is, a cheap taxi ride. Better than a taxi ride obviously, but still paying to be driven somewhere. You're a bit too sensitive. Especially since they live like right near you, so it's not exactly going out of your way to pick them up, gas WITHIN falls church is probably like $5, and then they're paying you $15 for driving like an extra 10 minutes?

W/e, it doesn't matter but don't get so pissed off at someone joking around.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
What time does this start?
I ask people to arrive starting at 10am. The tournament is scheduled to start at 12pm, but usually around 4 people arrive late and hold us up till 1pm (or even later). If the weather is bad tomorrow, I imagine that will be a problem due to traffic.

By the way, I'm glad to hear you're coming. I'm making it a priority to play you.

depending on the weather i may go to this, if i do, itll be late
Oy, UMBC is a big puddle right now. I just walked all the way across campus in a down pour, and even though I had an umbrella, I still got soaked.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
yea i bet if i flashed a 50 dolla bil or 100 u would take the offer lol.....calm down chu..

(by the way this is boss not chred2akrisp....)
I don't want to see anything more about rides with Chu in this thread--not even a reference to it. Take it to a private conversation.

Now I shall start to get ready for bed. /useless_fact

EpicE

Smash Journeyman
HEY CHU CAN I GET A RIDE SOMETIME IF I PAY YOU MANY MONEY, LOL AM I DOING IT RIGHT UMBC????

yes, I am awake at this hour and still a total *******

ChuDat

Smash Master
Theres certain people I dislike in the smash community. Boss was already on a thin line with me for personal reasons.

Chred2akrisp, don't be one of them.

repryx - pm me about it if u need a ride

*leaving to tournament*

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I thought I already was one? Oh well, guess I'll be nicer then.

We warmed up boss and korn for you guys, I'm expecting good things of them.

Endo

Smash Cadet
Wow, what a fun first tournament for me, despite my expected place. I had a great time playing and learning from everyone. Some matches were just too crazy for me to watch, haha...too bad no recordings this time. Looking forward to next time.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Singles

1st Azen
2nd Kirbstir
3rd Ck
4th Korn
5th Boss
5th Chu Dat
7th vist
7th EE?
9th Blues
9th Hat
9th DOSV
9th Bowsertree
yea i tihnk thats how it went

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
yeah..i really dont like Bracket today at all -___- i had boss second round , as well as ck had blues

umbc, what happened to recording this time?
...i dont know but i never get to record any tournaments matches anyway except i have to bring my own camera.. that can only record 1 match lol

Shout out later.... I'm so tireddd..

Chu: ..thanks for the ride.. im really appreciate that & sorry about made you get lost and wait for me when i get food :(

boss8

Smash Hero
Theres certain people I dislike in the smash community. Boss was already on a thin line with me for personal reasons.

IDK what i did/said to make u mad but i apologized a long time ago...i can still tell your madd at me i can feel the vibe in the car as we were driving along with no emotions but the techno music ....but hey whatever i did or said im sry.....thanks for the ride:confused:....i honestly don't no what u want out of me or from me....This is Boss!!!!.....like it or not...i will try to be less cocky een though i never was.....

shoutouts

Chu-your low teirs are amazing as always...also thanks for being so patient...i now u had to grind your teeth all day for this shizz...

Korn-can never beat u in turney UGH!!!

CK-YOUR ON FIRE!!!...

im tired i gotta get my head straight..

blues

Smash Journeyman
Shout Outs:
BTree: Your blues' shrugging technique is getting better
EE: Good stuff today...eEEEEEEEEEE!!
Kirbstir: Thank You always for the ride
CK: Heads will win next time, You r@ped today
Frozen: Set was too close >.<
Chu: Ice Climbers!
Vist, Hat, DosV: *Pound

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
umbc you make some bad seeding choices

edit- shoutouts to come
I will have you and Kirbstir help seed next time. Usually G-reg helps by looking over the bracket.

However, the tournament results matched my skill seeds perfectly--except for Chu. I tried my best to keep the VA and Baltimore people from playing each other, but since that's not good enough I'll have other people help out next time. It's really easy to blame one person, but when it's several it becomes much harder.

On the other hand, some people need to chill out a bit. It's a video game tournament, no need to get worked up about it. I'm doing my best to run the tournament well. Express your concerns nicely to me and I'll work to make things better for next time. I'm not out to hurt anyone.

Oh, and if you're wondering when a tournament is going to start, the answer is once everyone has registered. I don't need to be asked the same question fifty times in one day. If you really care about starting sooner, then you should tell other people to stop playing friendlies and register. In retrospect, I should have turned off the tv's when registering for doubles like I did for singles. I think I shaved off a good hour by doing that. Still, I shouldn't have to do that. Everyone should stop playing friendlies and register when I go around the room telling people to register. It's as simple as that. Instead, people continue playing friendlies and apparently forget about registering. There are exceptions, of course, (thank you people who registered in decent time).

All in all though, I thought the tournament ran pretty well. Certainly doubles had no issues, and there were some heated singles matches. The results for both tournaments were somewhat unexpected.
umbc, what happened to recording this time?
I was going to try to get recording working on a 27" tv this Friday, but I ended up smashing with Alexi (Endo) for 8 hours straight. Even if I had done that though, I couldn't guarantee that I would get it to work. I can record on the tv in my room, but other tvs act differently.

Resultos????
1: Newlyweds (Husband + Wife)
2: Chu+Azen
3: Kirb/Vist
4: EE+CK
5: Flame Climbers (Boss + Blues)
5: Team Pleasant (DOSV + Hat)
7: Yo + M
7: Nurumbc (Nurok + UMBC SS)

1: Azen
2: Kirbstir
3: CK
4: Korn
5: Boss
5: ChuDat
7: EEVisu
7: Vist
9: Frozen
9: The Elephant Vanishes
9: DOSV
9: Blues
13: UMBC SS
13: EM
13: Nurok
13: Nacker
17: Endo

Shoutouts:

Husband- Really good job in doubles. I take it as a complement when people say my marth looks like yours.

Wife- I saw some really good stuff from your peach today.

Chu- it doesn't matter who, just tell one person (today it should have been Azen) like in MLG to consult with you over character and/or stage picks :p

Kirbstir- Nice try vs Azen.

Vist- really nice going in teams! You and Kirbstir made the Newlyweds work hard for their win. It really could have gone either way.

EE- Good job in teams. Why couldn't you do that with G-reg? :p

CK- Your fox reminds me of Shinku's. Both of them own me. :)

Boss- you're getting really good

Blues- Good job coming back against Frozen.

DOSV- You're so technical! I wish I were black.

Hat- You've gotten so good. I'm jealous.

Nurok- I need to play with you more. I think we've played a total of like 5 games against each other since I started playing smash a year ago.

Azen- I loved teaming with you at the beginning of the day! I learned what I was doing right and what I was doing wrong by how you reacted. I also really enjoyed playing your marth in friendlies. I'm definitely looking forward to playing you more in the future.

Frozen- You're a good player. People don't give you as much respect as you deserve.

The Elephant Vanishes- Come to the smashfest next Thursday! And we should play on Tuesday starting at 6pm.

Nacker- You have a nice doc! Your fox plays just like it lol

Endo- Good job beating me on Corneria. You see that winning the first match is crucial, because even if you lose the 2nd, it's very likely there is a stage where you can gain the upper hand on your opponent and capitalize on his weakness. You should check out mlgpro.com which has a section on smash. Find out which stages are banned and whatnot. UMBC tournaments follow the same rules.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
So yeah I just basically got home after walking from UMBC. Three buses passed me... Thanks for that ride Frozen. >_>
Ugh that sucks. Next time if that happens you can just stay overnight in my room. I thought of that possibility while I was walking back to my room, but by that time it was too late. My roommate always goes away during the weekend.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I witnessed it though I did not see it.

EE - man you got better with your shooting me and stuff, good job. I regret not getting the last rest.

Nurok - Why would I go Roy?! >_>

Edit: Blues - *shrug*

chillindude829

Smash Master
yo the newlyweds are garbage even though husband is the ****. wife is some doodoo, ill money match you in a peach ditto wife cuz youre garbage and i may or may not be drunk at 5:30 am on a sunday

Top Bottom