• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back of Japanese Boxart Surfaces on Retail Card

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Um, hate to tell you this but I don't keep articles from 2011. :laugh:
Then stop lying to people about what Sakurai might have said in 2011 unless you can furnish some proof. You're hardly the only one who has been running away with this meme.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Damn, dudes. You just had to go back to the first Smash4 trailer. Didn't say "Sega" or "Intelligent Systems" at the end.
And guess what? Creatures Inc., once known as Ape Inc., is in the first trailer. To announce companies early on is to reveal what is to come later on. That was one detail that made the claims that you could play as Sonic and Tails in Melee a load of crap. I'd tell people that and they'd still be convinced you could play as them at the time.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge tell me Ness will return, and I say good riddance to Snake. As for Shulk, yeah it'd be cool if he was in the game but if he has to be sacrificed for consistency just to keep Snake out, then it's a sacrifice I'd be more than willing to make.
Wow, calm down satan, you don't have to disrespect snake fans out here

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Wow, calm down satan, you don't have to disrespect snake fans out here
No disrespect meant to Snake fans, just the character itself. And as I mentioned in a previous response to someone else who was up in arms about my opinion, it is an opinion and nothing more so you are free to disagree if your views are different.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
Um, what?
Have you forgotten the fact that Ness was being 'considered' to be cut and wasn't? And Sakurai has stated a billion times the original twelve will always stay? And that Ness is always highly demanded to return?
I don't think Sakurai has EVER said that, but Ness will definitely come back.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I don't think Sakurai has EVER said that, but Ness will definitely come back.
He said something similar during the brawl days
Edit:
@ Logsmash Logsmash
I know it's an opinion, but it still isn't nice to hear some one talk badly about a character you like, for example, some one is talking badly about your friend and says 'good riddance, I just hope he doesn't come out of that coma'
I hope you get what I'm tryin to say, I'm not trying to change your mind about snake or anything, I'm just saying please don't be harsh about a character like that because a character will always have fans

Last edited:

MikeAlex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mike_Bosch
Idk why people think Ness is definitely not going anywhere.
Not only do we not even know for sure what they consider when reusing veterans, but Ness was planned to be cut from Brawl at one point so that Lucas could take his place. He could very well not come back in this game, and same goes for Jigglypuff. The fact that Ness was planned to be cut kinda discredits this whole "the original 12 are never leaving" argument to a degree. It seems plausible that they'll always stick around, but you can't really be too sure.

I'd just rather wait for Sakurai to outright confirm/deconfirm characters, or wait till the game comes out so we can find out if he happened to throw in hidden characters not shown in the official website prior to the game's release. Everyone keeps making these types of claims and assumptions and for all they know they could be dead wrong. Like, I personally would love to have the original 12 back, as well as the Brawl roster (particularly Falco), but I'm not going to be too sure about their inclusions until Sakurai lets us know that they are in fact present in one way or another.
It was Melee, not Brawl. He was going to be replaced by Lucas until EarthBound 64 was cancelled

Top Bottom