• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back of Japanese Boxart Surfaces on Retail Card

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'm going to remain optimistic about Ness and Lucas, and instead choose to get excited for the Streetpass battle option.
Although, being that I don't live in Japan or New York City, I doubt I'm going to get any tags other than my brother.
Curse you, not-so-densely-populated-areas!
Just go to Disney World. You'll get tags like CRAZY. :p

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I hope Wario's back too honestly, and as his more popular Wario Land self.
Wario Land ain't more popular then Warioware. In "hardcore" places like this maybe, but in the casual eye and in Japan in general, Warioware wins out. That's why Sakurai went with Warioware over Wario Land in the first place.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm going to remain optimistic about Ness and Lucas, and instead choose to get excited for the Streetpass battle option.
Although, being that I don't live in Japan or New York City, I doubt I'm going to get any tags other than my brother.
Curse you, not-so-densely-populated-areas!
Walk past a McDonald's or Home Depot. Both of those chains are frequently Nintendo Zones and will fill you up with a full 20-stack within five minutes or so.

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
Walk past a McDonald's or Home Depot. Both of those chains are frequently Nintendo Zones and will fill you up with a full 20-stack within five minutes or so.
Oh! I forgot that Nintendo Zones keep Streetpass profiles! I'm so dumb, thanks for reminding me! This won't be as difficult as I thought..

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
>People who still doubt Lucas and Ness's return.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I can understand McDonalds, but how is Home Depot a hot spot for Streetpass? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would love to know your secret. Good thing I work at the mall because it's pretty much free passes every time.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I've got it!

This is the 3DS roster, and guys on Wii-U cover are the Wii-U's starting roster!

I'm so clever!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I can understand McDonalds, but how is Home Depot a hot spot for Streetpass? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would love to know your secret. Good thing I work at the mall because it's pretty much free passes every time.
It's true, tried it myself when I went to Home Depot once.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I'm 100% sure there is already a thread for this, shouldn't it be merged? Or is it by favortism.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
I've got it!

This is the 3DS roster, and guys on Wii-U cover are the Wii-U's starting roster!

I'm so clever!
that`s the first time marth is a starting character

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, I don't really think this fake seeing how some of the images seem legit.
But it still might just be a prototype.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
So you would be willing to sacrifice a great Character that represents a Series and a unique moveset?
If it means keeping Snake out of Smash, then yes absolutely I would. There are plenty of other "great characters" with "unique movesets" that won't make it in, and some that already did get in.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I guess this would kinda deconfirm Snake for good if he's not on the Guest character image, that won't stop the fans from losing hope so we'll see.

As for the first guy who commented, I fail to see how this deconfirms Ness.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
For anyone questioning no APE when Mr. Saturn is in, it may be because he's just an item. But I still do find it odd that APE and Konami both aren't present. Cuts suck. Big time. And I legit might cry if Ness is gone, just because he is a Smash Bros. character just like Sheik and Jiggly. Not really relevant, but it wouldn't be the same without him. I'm not even a fan of Earthbound, I just think it would be ridiculous not to give Earthbound/Mother no playable characters at all.

Any chance this isn't final? I think there should be.

Edit: I just saw the "only what's on the box" idea. And yeah, it might mean Snake will sneak in.

Last edited:

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait to get it in my hands. The copyright thing doesn't worry me too much, but I really hope there are few if any cuts.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I wonder what kind of "announcements" will be distributed through SpotPass...
DLC confirmed or something else like custom parts confirmed? SpotPass battles perhaps? Eh, we'll see.
That wouldn't make sense for something big like Konami, though.
True, but I was referencing to the 'Will Ness get cut!?' Thing.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've asked myself the same question, yet I live near two separate HDs and both give me street passes. I had to check four times before I was certain because it was so hard to believe!

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
We can only wait until Sakurai decides to reveal some newcomers again to be sure. Whenever that may happen.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge tell me Ness will return, and I say good riddance to Snake. As for Shulk, yeah it'd be cool if he was in the game but if he has to be sacrificed for consistency just to keep Snake out, then it's a sacrifice I'd be more than willing to make.
So you'd sacrifice a character to make sure one of the most interesting and memorable characters from Brawl doesn't make it in? That's bitter, sad and unsettling.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Third party aside, All I want to know is how does nintendo decide what company gets a certain percentage amount of money when it comes to sales. Pokemon has an insane amount of pokeball characters as well as some fighters and I bet a lot of music so does that mean they get more money than let's say Hal Lab where they have the kirby series? Where they only have three fighters and some items and I bet fewer stages than Pokemon?

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
So you'd sacrifice a character to make sure one of the most interesting and memorable characters from Brawl doesn't make it in? That's bitter, sad and unsettling.
we need shulk..

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Third party aside, All I want to know is how does nintendo decide what company gets a certain percentage amount of money when it comes to sales. Pokemon has an insane amount of pokeball characters as well as some fighters and I bet a lot of music so does that mean they get more money than let's say Hal Lab where they have the kirby series? Where they only have three fighters and some items and I bet fewer stages than Pokemon?
well sakurai doesnt want to show favoritism to the his own series (kirby)

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
I honestly am 50/50 about Shulk being in. His company isn't on the box, which doesn't mean a whole ton, but he also doesn't have any Smash Run enemy's so I don't know. He is a very highly requested character though.
Could be that they didn't implement shulks enemies yet in smash run just like we kept seeing the same assist trophies and pokeball characters in the demo but I don't know I think shulks in just because of the new xeno game coming to wii u to promote the series.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think this pretty much confirmed that Falcon, Rosalina, and Marth will be starting characters this time

Top Bottom