• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Apr. 13, 2013

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Doubles
1) Captain L + Firefly ($40) :pikachu2: + :metaknight:
2) Big D + Jason ($10) :metaknight: :wario: :dedede: + :metaknight: :dedede:
3) Blunted Object + Aleate (1 slurpee coupon each) :marthmelee: + :zeldamelee:
4) Reggie + Calvin (1 slurpee coupon each) :nessmelee: + :marthmelee:
5) A6M + Koen :fox: + :gw:

Singles
1) Big D ($24) :snake: :fox: :zerosuitsamus: :diddy: :rob:
2) Firefly ($12) :metaknight: :yoshi2: :falcomelee:
3) Captain L ($4) :pikachu2: :popo:
4) Aleate :zeldamelee:
5) Jason :metaknight: :rob:
5) Kantrip :diddy: :kirby2:
7) Blunted Object :marthmelee:
7) A6M :fox:
9) Calvin :marthmelee:
9) Reggie :nessmelee:
9) Irisz :link2:
Brackets are not yet available because TIO decided it wanted to crash, so everything was done by hand. I might scan the bracket later...

GGs everybody. Shoutouts to the new players; you guys all have potential, and I hope you keep coming to events!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
These results are out of control

A few more second place finishes and we might have to invite Fire Fly to the Coalition of Freedom

Captain L

Smash Champion
dubs was fun

Firefly and I seem to have mental blocks against dawson
that being said, it's also hard to learn how to beat a person when you have no idea what character they are gonna use, but they know your character and playstyle inside and out no matter who they use.

ggs to everyone, super excited to see all the new players, and even more excited that they're pretty legit already!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
These results are out of control

A few more second place finishes and we might have to invite Fire Fly to the Coalition of Freedom
Big D figured out the secret to never losing to me ever again, so there will be plenty of 2nd place finishes to come. (trading with Captain L, of course)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Really fun tournament... shame about the attendance. I believe this monthly has a new name. Also, crews should be mentioned<3

I agree with you Jeremie!

Shoutouts to come eventually.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh Jake... I brought my Fire Emblem but I totally forgot about Street Pass. Sorry!

DeLux

Can I ask why the doubles payouts were so skewed?

It makes no sense that 1st in singles and 2nd in doubles would make $29
while 1st in doubles and 2nd in singles would make $32

When singles had more total entrants than the combined doubles entrants, the winner of singles should make marginally more. At least that's my two cents, but obviously you're free to disagree. And big picture it's only $3 lol

Kantrip

Kantplay
I showed up at 5 on a whim without my controller and got slipped into a pool. I'm happy with how I played today, all things considered.

GGs everyone, next time you're mine kev!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Can I ask why the doubles payouts were so skewed?

It makes no sense that 1st in singles and 2nd in doubles would make $29
while 1st in doubles and 2nd in singles would make $32

When singles had more total entrants than the combined doubles entrants, the winner of singles should make marginally more. At least that's my two cents, but obviously you're free to disagree. And big picture it's only $3 lol
We offer new players free entry into singles for their first tournament. We had 3 such players this time, so the singles pot was 8x5=$40, while doubles was 10x5=$50.

DeLux

Word, makes sense

I would have been satisfied with the answer "occupy Big D" as well

Captain L

Smash Champion
I am aware of Dawson's method to beating both myself and firefly. I don't even know if he is aware of it or just happens to do it coincidentally.

He seems to be aware of everything always though

Shoutouts to sharking with thunder

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I am aware of Dawson's method to beating both myself and firefly. I don't even know if he is aware of it or just happens to do it coincidentally.

He seems to be aware of everything always though

Shoutouts to sharking with thunder
He knows now what he has to do against me (started doing it intentionally for the first time this tournament). It's okay though; now that it's out there, I can stop hoping he won't figure it and start pushing myself past the problem. I'm actually kind of relieved now, because I can focus solely on getting better without having to worry about concealing my weaknesses.

But first, job interviews and finals. Welp.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^I honestly think Communications is an extremely rewarding course (that teaches interview skills) but sadly it is associated with people who are bad at "regular" English.

Shoutouts!

Big D: Can't say I'm surprised but I wonder why the others can't seem to catch up to you... Good job though as usual! Hopefully my first-time-done-really-poorly commentary wasn't too anti-Big D. I don't like how you deal with my fully aggressive playstyle :(

Firefly: Haha, only MK in BC that has beaten my Zelda :p I honestly really enjoyed our games together since you didn't [need to] play campy. Next time, I'll be going Peach so expect more of a challenge! I realized my Street Pass activated even though my Fire Emblem wasn't playing. Hope you like my limit broken challenge! Ignis is pretty which is why everybody has it as well as Armsthrift because it's great! 60%+ Miracle, 60+ Magic stat Brady too and my party isn't "children" infested :)

Captain L: I realized I don't think I've ever played you in bracket... only pools! I really hope I get to play you more and once I learn Pikachu, watch out <3 Also, I will be bringing a new keyboard because yours is disgusting! It's not a gaming or a T-block clicky one but it should be good enough! See you next time!

Aleate: I think I definitely showed that I am not a player to be slept on... even as a Zelda player! Full aggro in Brawl all the way! <3

Jason: Good to see you again after a while! Looks like you're one of the few to face both my Zelda and Peach! I hope to see you next time.

Kantrip: Well, you wanted a serious match and you got your wish. Don't worry, we'll play each other more in the future. Though one thing to mention is... even if you do beat my Zelda, you still have my Peach to contend with <3 Control is also part of the game and you can't let technical mishaps happen too often!

Blunted Object: Had so much fun playing doubles with you and that little lunch trip was great. Yeah Melee is better than Brawl blah blah and you'll see me at future MITHs but it would be cool to see you at future Brawl monthlies too! See you at the next MITH and just maybe you'll get a chance to completely destroy me :)

A6M: Lol I don't think you have met anybody with a personality like mine but sorry I am the ***** of BC after all. You definitely got super annoyed at me but anyway, your Fox is great and see you next time <3

Calvin: Your Marth is new to our scene but it is already so good! You have a good idea of what competitive play is like and I'm really excited to see your improvement.

Reggie: Your Ness omg! It's actually really hard for me to deal with your Ness with Peach. Keep in mind Brawl moves get stale the more you use them so save that back throw for the kill! Lots of potential and please come back next time!

Irisz: I hate your Link but you do deserve way better than 9th. Your Link is actually really good and it's so clear we have completely opposite playstyles. But other than that, talking and doing stuff with you was awesome as always. See you next time... Link is going to shine in BC soon!

Yakal: I had so much fun playing Melee with you! I will definitely put a lot more time into Melee and hopefully I can be a challenge to you someday. Thanks for the chat in the car too. See you next time at whatever wherever it may be.

Koen: Should have entered Brawl singles! Believe it or not, it'll improve your Melee play as well. Peach is hella broken and that's why you should play her :) See you next time and hope that soup was tasty :p

Overall, good tournament. Disappointing attendance though. Livestream should really be less biased towards the commentator's "favourite."

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Firefly: Haha, only MK in BC that has beaten my Zelda :p I honestly really enjoyed our games together since you didn't [need to] play campy. Next time, I'll be going Peach so expect more of a challenge! I realized my Street Pass activated even though my Fire Emblem wasn't playing. Hope you like my limit broken challenge! Ignis is pretty which is why everybody has it as well as Armsthrift because it's great! 60%+ Miracle, 60+ Magic stat Brady too and my party isn't "children" infested :)
Welp, I did not expect you to have your entire team decked out with Limit Break so soon after it came out. o.0 That's going to make things difficult for me since I haven't even played that DLC episode yet. I might be able to pull something between AI, Pairups, and by super Rally Severa, but it won't be easy. :x

I'm glad you enjoyed our sets! Camping is overrated at least in BC; there are plenty of times when putting on pressure and not giving the opponent room to breathe is much more beneficial than camping, and that MU is one of them IMO. Our games definitely made me think about where you'd stand with respect to our top 3 if Zelda was a good character. I look forward to playing your Peach next time around~

Captain L

Smash Champion
Kevin I regret being as biased as I was in your set vs trevor, it was totally uncalled for

| Big D |

Smash Master
Personally I make the effort to be unbiased no matter who is playing their set. It provides better commentary overall and doesn't victimize anyone.

Just don't be biased.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's okay. I know only a few people in the community would ever cheer for me.

To be fair though, I do find it more difficult to vocally "support" the person who is currently winning. I would imagine it is just easier to say what the other player is doing wrong, or should be doing instead.

I hope my commentary was somewhat unbiased. I did make the effort to.

Captain L

Smash Champion
yeah I generally cheer towards comebacks. It's always hype to see the loser of game 1 take the set

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm although if it was a match between a really bad character versus a really good one, I'll cheer for the underdog.

It's easy to use Zelda but very hard to succeed with her. Zelda takes far less effort to play than Peach.

And the players can hear the commentary rather clearly. Can get demotivating to hear stuff like that.

Captain L

Smash Champion
listened to it again, it wasn't as biased as I remember. I did make a couple zelda sucks jokes but I think those are objective anyways and they weren't meant to be shots at kevin.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well I'm not mad or anything but it does spur certain thoughts and that definitely affects me. The feeling you get that everybody is against you feels awful... it's probably significantly worse for Dawson.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
I got ***** by bananas and Shuttle Loop.

GG's everyone. I will do better next monthly. ;)

By the way Kevin next monthly let's team again. =D
We got it next time.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
We offer new players free entry into singles for their first tournament. We had 3 such players this time, so the singles pot was 8x5=$40, while doubles was 10x5=$50.
What the fuuu

I was new! Liar!

(PS: Aleate I totally had nothing against you or your personality, I wasn't annoyed at all. I'm a bit of a jack ass myself, so just have faith that we're digging on each other ;)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
What the fuuu

I was new! Liar!

(PS: Aleate I totally had nothing against you or your personality, I wasn't annoyed at all. I'm a bit of a jack *** myself, so just have faith that we're digging on each other ;)
Are you including the venue fee? You should have paid $10 total - $5 for the venue fee, $5 for doubles entry. All the math added up at the end of the day, so there shouldn't have been any problems.

Top Bottom