• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
only mario game that didnt have jumping was luigis mansion he only jumped when he got scared but you couldnt control it

that and mario is missing. basically Nintendo doesnt want luigi to jump

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Luigi is afraid to jump without mario being the main character apperently

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
You've been visited by the Spooky Skeleton! Repost this 3 times in the next 2 minutes or you will be visited by a Spooky Skeleton tonight! 95% of people will not post this..... and they will become skeleton
█████████████████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░██
██░░▓▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░██
██░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
██████░░░░░░░░░██████

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Give me hundreds of years of rotting, then we'll talk about becoming a skeleton.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
the same way that tekkie can still dance regardless of being a skeleton

we each have our own little special ability

Mewtario

Smash Ace
I hope the next Smash Bros. game gets semiregular patches that fix the glitches that tournament players begin to exploit! Just imagine how much more level-headed the Project M people could be if wave dashing was fixed through an early Melee patch! Regular patches would also make hardcore tournaments scheduled in advance more interesting: "Alright, we need a backup strategy in case Sakurai fixes that before this next tourney...."

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Patching videogames is the dumbest idea for a skeleton superpower.

I'd breathe fire if I were a skeleton.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I hope the next Smash Bros. game gets semiregular patches that fix the glitches that tournament players begin to exploit! Just imagine how much more level-headed the Project M people could be if wave dashing was fixed through an early Melee patch! Regular patches would also make hardcore tournaments scheduled in advance more interesting: "Alright, we need a backup strategy in case Sakurai fixes that before this next tourney...."
I like the idea about fixing glitches, but whats wrong with wave dashing?

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
yeah woffling would probably get patched if semiregular patches existed in melee

before i make myself look stupid, isn't woffling the move when one ice climber grabs an opponent and the second one charges a smash and blows one in their face?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not this **** again.

Wavedashing is NOT a glitch, it is a pure physics exploit. You are simply airdodging into the ground before actually leaving the ground. That's like saying pivoting is a glitch.

Maybe it was on purpose...maybe it was caught during playtesting but was not fixed because people thought it wouldn't affect anything...who knows at this point other than Sakurai and the rest of the Melee development team.

But it's a good thing they removed it, because it made Brawl better.

Obviously.

Also, don't expect Nintendo to release patches for games unless it is a serious glitch. There were four versions of Melee (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, and PAL), and wavedashing was never removed. Compare this to Mario Kart 7 where they released an actual patch for some TRUE glitch shortcuts.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Woffling is when you do a 360 pivot without losing any momentum. It's a Brawl tech.
Wobbling is when you time Nana's jabs with Popo's pummel so the opponent has 0 frames to mash. It's a Melee tech.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Mewtario probably never played Melee.
I played all three Smash games when their consoles were relevant, and I still have all of their consoles and mediums, so yes, I have played Melee, and very frequently at that. My Melee main gave me the first four letters of my screenname on these forums, too!

Now, whether I ever turned shielding into a major part of my play style in any of the games is another issue entirely....

My apologies if I come off as a bit snappy, but accusing me of never playing Melee would be like me accusing you of not(? I lost track of who was or wasn't) being a skeleton.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Woffling is when you do a 360 pivot without losing any momentum. It's a Brawl tech.
Wobbling is when you time Nana's jabs with Popo's pummel so the opponent has 0 frames to mash. It's a Melee tech.
yeah I was thinking about the melee wobbling but good thing it's all cleared up now :skull:

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Patching also allows HAL, if they choose, to rebalance characters, add new character, and add new maps regularly.
Or maybe my World of Tanks thoughts are crossing over into my Super Smash Bros. thoughts....

Top Bottom