• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

John2k4

The End of an Era
Iunno...with all the wolf & eagle shirts I have accumulated in the last year...

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Yo Lucario's
What be it doin and all that gangster talk?

So...

I actually need help with defeating lucario.
(plz don't everyone hate me and hunt down my location)

I'm a PT main and stuff, and supposedly Charizard is viable vs. Lucario, but the MU just feels impossible.

Can anyone here help?

:006:
Luv the doggie btw trela <3

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Use Squirtle instead.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Indeed they do.

Thats why in many of his MU's you'll see squirtle executing a high-KB mvoe like his DThrow and immediately switching to Ivysaur for the kill.

Likewise, Ivysaur can easily wrack up damage on the foe and switch to charizard for the kill.

Just gotta learn when it's safe to switch

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Indeed they do.

Thats why in many of his MU's you'll see squirtle executing a high-KB mvoe like his DThrow and immediately switching to Ivysaur for the kill.

Likewise, Ivysaur can easily wrack up damage on the foe and switch to charizard for the kill.

Just gotta learn when it's safe to switch
I got a lot of people in my area who have no idea about the switch on SV.

Also while you are here how would PT back Lucario up?
Like how can he make a Lucario users life easier?

There must be stages PT can take top tier characters on that both Lucario and that top tier would have trouble on.
For example both Lucario and Falco are bad on DP, PT is good on DP and PT can take Falco out without much hassle on that stage. (idk if that is true, just making a senario up to make an example)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yo Lucario's
What be it doin and all that gangster talk?

So...

I actually need help with defeating lucario.
(plz don't everyone hate me and hunt down my location)

I'm a PT main and stuff, and supposedly Charizard is viable vs. Lucario, but the MU just feels impossible.

Can anyone here help?

Luv the doggie btw trela <3

:phone:
Charizard is good for the MU because he can kill at a reasonable percent and make Lucario regret going into the air, frame 3 Usmash is dumb. He does make Lucario have trouble going into the air kinda like Bowser does. Be careful with Rock smash because if you get predictable with it he can Double team it on reaction, just like flamethrower. Just know your spacing and what beats what and when and you'll do better.

Squirtle is like Wario just squishier, when Lucario commits go at him with an aerial. Use your speed to your advantage, even though Lucario can remain safe you still can still abuse the fact his commitments can be punished if you move fast, hydroplaning and using your air speed can do this.

I don't recommend Ivysaur, Lucario likes people with poor airspeed and only 2 jumps.

Lucario still wins the MU against all 3 but Squirtle and Zard do pretty well all things considered.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I got a lot of people in my area who have no idea about the switch on SV.

Also while you are here how would PT back Lucario up?
Like how can he make a Lucario users life easier?

There must be stages PT can take top tier characters on that both Lucario and that top tier would have trouble on.
For example both Lucario and Falco are bad on DP, PT is good on DP and PT can take Falco out without much hassle on that stage. (idk if that is true, just making a senario up to make an example)
You're post is really confusing. Are you looking for stages that are both good for lucario and PT oooor good for just one and bad for the other?

General rule of thumb, lucario does pretty decent on almost all stages.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Hm...
To be honest, if you're attempting to take on high tiers, PT generally isn't the best choice to go with.

To be clear though, are you asking about which stages PT and Lucario can cover each other's weaknesses on?

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
You're post is really confusing. Are you looking for stages that are both good for lucario and PT oooor good for just one and bad for the other?

General rule of thumb, lucario does pretty decent on almost all stages.
Sorry, I'll try to clear it up.

I'm trying to ask how can PT be a good secondary for a Lucario user?

Hm...
To be honest, if you're attempting to take on high tiers, PT generally isn't the best choice to go with.

To be clear though, are you asking about which stages PT and Lucario can cover each other's weaknesses on?
Yes.

Like I notice a lot of PT players take people onto RC.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Er, well, PT doesn't really help any of lucario's MU's to be honest.
However, if you look at it as Lucario being PT's secondary to compensate for his MU's, then it makes a lil more sense. Then again, why not just use lucario all the time then~?

PT makes a bad secondary for him honestly.

And yea, Lucario seriously doesn't do bad on almost any stages. He can basically hold his own on all of em. I guess PT probably would be better suited for stages that don't have wall clingable edges like BF though. RC could be good, as long as your not stuck with Ivy during the platforming part of it.

But yea, any stage that lucario can't wall cling to would probably be better suited towards PT.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Sadly... This ^

PT does have an advantage over practially every -low tier out there, but other than that...
You may want to pick a different secondary.

PT is just soooo vulerable to dumb stuff if you don't know his MU's well.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yea, PT's just one of those characters where if ya wanna use him competitively you gotta go all the way with him otherwise there's not much point in using him over others.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
wat

Surely you mean Distant Planet.

I dunno about you but Delfino was always my last ditch effort stage when I used Lucario. Always gave MKs a run for their money there.
I meant Delfino and I did not state that as fact btw.

I get people telling me to to counter delfino.

And idk, I don't really wanna 2nd someone in top tier, but I'm running out of options.
Almost all the good players here main a top tier >.<

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
How long have you hardcore mained lucario? I've dedicated so much time into this character that it would take an awful long time to get on the level that i'm at with this character, even if I did pick a top tier.

Lucario does pretty good where I live since metaknights banned here anyways. Honestly, thats the only MU i'd be concerned about in top tier outside of maaaaaybe snake. Alot of people pick up metaknight, and gear him towards only knowing the metaknight ditto so they can compete with other metaknights.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I have used Lucario as long as I can remember but I only started playing offline since November/December 2011.

I always go straight Lucario in tournament though, but everyone I face use a top tier then they tell me to use a top and I don't want to.

There is a ZSS user called Apollo who was making it into the finals of our majors, well he ditched ZSS and now uses Sheik so I guess I could make it as good as him but how? >.<

I can never put up more of a fight to people who are better then me.

Then there is people that never tell what I get better at, they just call me a child, scrub etc and only tell me the bad things I do and don't even suggest whys to improve.

There is only two people that tell me what I get better at.

Top Bottom