• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Aug 22, 2015] MacD presents: Mayhem - Melee (Pasadena, CA)

MacD

Banned via Administration
i am working on dates. trying to get them confirmed. might be one at the end of june. hopefully me or bam will let people know before the week is over

MacD

Here are the dates I have right now for Mayhem. Sorry for the late notice.

June 28th
August 9th
September 6th
October 4th
October 18th
November 1st

JayV

Smash Rookie
Quick question! Just making sure, but people only in singles do not have to be there by 11 or 12? Thanks again.

MacD

August 9th is the next one. Super Arcade will still be going under renovations. i have an odd feeling this one will end up being even bigger than the last one

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
Hmm I'm a brawl player, but recently getting into to melee. This looks fun, I might go with a couple friends!

Owhat

Smash Rookie
Hi, All! I'm very new to the tourney scene and would like to attend my first one! My first newbie question is... how do I sign up / pre-register?

TIA.

MacD

Mayhem Pre-reg is up. Doing it a bit different this time. Using the forms instead of just a Doc itself. I make pools ahead of time, so please make sure to delete/change your registration by 10pm Friday night.

to do so, just fill out the form again and choose update or delete. if you are updating it. please just check ALL EVENTS you plan to enter. i will use your newest one and be deleting your old one

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1x__IhZ6pOH-167uLwolopoId5gyt8L1UeAMl34DBY40/viewform?usp=send_form

CookieCutter23

Smash Rookie
NNID
pokemaster0
3DS FC
4828-3975-6915
I need some help, I joined to melee singles, but then tried updating and only joining PM, but I ended up deleting my attendance. I then went full ****** and tried updating it. Can someone please tell me if I messed up and what I need to do to get back in?

MacD

from BAM -
LISTEN UP GUYS THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!
Our normal parking lot is not available to us at this time due to some complications.
We will have staff directing traffic to help everyone find parking.
Shakey's Pizza will be an option for parking. Will confirm within the next day. Will update this later.
DUE TO THIS PLEASE TRY TO ARRIVE EARLY TO INSURE WE'RE STILL ABLE TO RUN THE TOURNAMENT ON TIME, AND EFFECTIVELY.
Thank those of you who actually read this. Please remind others who might not see this

"black mamba"

Smash Journeyman
Looking for a Melee teams partner. I also posted on FB but no takers yet!

All I need is somebody who can roll with a Pink Luigi ;)

I'm old school AZ, getting back into it but now in CA

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Looking for a Melee teams partner. I also posted on FB but no takers yet!

All I need is somebody who can roll with a Pink Luigi ;)

I'm old school AZ, getting back into it but now in CA

I'll team with you if you have not found a partner as of this post

from BAM -
LISTEN UP GUYS THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!
Our normal parking lot is not available to us at this time due to some complications.
We will have staff directing traffic to help everyone find parking.
Shakey's Pizza will be an option for parking. Will confirm within the next day. Will update this later.
DUE TO THIS PLEASE TRY TO ARRIVE EARLY TO INSURE WE'RE STILL ABLE TO RUN THE TOURNAMENT ON TIME, AND EFFECTIVELY.
Thank those of you who actually read this. Please remind others who might not see this

Not to be that guy but it's "ensure" not "insure". Well now I'm that guy. Sorry Bam

"black mamba"

Smash Journeyman
I'll team with you if you have not found a partner as of this post

Not to be that guy but it's "ensure" not "insure". Well now I'm that guy. Sorry Bam

Yo Gosu_Engineer I'll team with you! Who do you play as? Feel free to PM me, or facebook me so we can figure everything out.
I'm going to register us right now

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Yo Gosu_Engineer I'll team with you! Who do you play as? Feel free to PM me, or facebook me so we can figure everything out.
I'm going to register us right now
We've actually met already. I was the fox player at UGC.

I'm already registered but my regular team mate dumped me so yeah I'll re reg so my doubles partner is you. I'm regged as "Mr. Paul" as my alias. I'll be at the venue pretty early I think. assuming my ride picks me up on time.

MacD

I'm in the process of making pools and will finish before the end of the night. they will be posted on the entrant list. the brackets themselves will be made at the venue but at least you can see which wave where you are in for each game.

anyone who registered after the blue line will not be guaranteed entry into either singles event (Teams you can still sign up at the venue). Melee and PM are going to be capped at 256 (though not likely for PM to hit that). it will be done on a first come first serve basis for anyone who didn't sign up on time. that leaves 27 Melee spots if everyone shows up. if you have not paid by 1:50pm, you lose your guaranteed spot. anyone at that point can pay and take an open spot in the bracket.

show up early and have fun everyone!!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LRzHvvJ82MShyqto1ObUjCM-w/edit#gid=1679152959

L33thal

Smash Apprentice
Woah... so it looks like it's going to be 27-player pools. And only 3 are going to make it out alive. I hope I don't get destroyed :/

Last edited:

MacD

Hey guys. Some big news in regards to Mayhem so make sure to read it all.

First off new venue. I am looking to grow and expand Mayhem and that comes with a new venue. It is 3 miles from the old venue. There is tons of parking, more space for setups, and food & drink will be sold at the venue. There will be 2 rooms. The main room has a stage and a projector that will be used for the melee stream setup. It will have all the melee setups and some PM setups. The 2nd room is smaller and will have the rest of the PM setups (the plan is just the 2nd room just for friendlies and pools). I do hope we get a good turnout and can work more with this new venue. I have some big plans in store for the future. If people can show me they want more from Mayhem, this venue is willing to work with me.

We are also going to change the structure of the venue fee. $10 if you pre-register. $15 if you don't pre-register. BUT you can get up to a $5 discount if you bring a setup. I will make another post soon talking about how to get the full discount. ALSO $1 of venue fee will be going to charity. We are finalizing which one.

Next is a completely new schedule. We will be opening the venue and taking reg starting at 10am. Doubles will start at 11:30. Singles starts at 2. Venue closes at 10pm. It is a residential area so they can get noise complaints after 10. As long as people are smart about things, it will be fine.

All info can be found under the info post on the tourney page/smashboards. Feel free to ask any questions you have. I will try get you answers to any questions you have and an explanation of how the discounts work no later than sunday. Looking forward to this one!!!!

festizzio

Smash Champion
You had me at new venue. Now I don't have any reason to have to go to MTG Deals! :D Definitely going to this one with a set-up.

MacD

you bring up a good point. in my head i only considered that in regards to singles. let me think about how to handle it for teams

Top Bottom