• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Aug 22, 2015] MacD presents: Mayhem - Melee (Pasadena, CA)

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
Awesome. Since you guys have a tournament on March 29 I will mostly likely come since I'm only 46 mins away, and me and my friends have been trying so hard to find a Project M tournament. I'll be looking forward to it!

MacD

Banned via Administration
there is no age restriction.

some young kids come with their parents or older siblings, some come by themselves. everyone is pretty welcoming and nice either way.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
there is no age restriction.

some young kids come with their parents or older siblings, some come by themselves. everyone is pretty welcoming and nice either way.
How early do we have to come if we have a setup that we can bring?

MacD

you don't have to show up any earlier with a set up. it would be nice if you came by 11:30 if you have a setup and plan on entering teams. if you are coming a bit later just for singles that's ok too.

i would expect doubles to end around 3pm, and singles to end by 11-midnight. it's hard to know if any of the double entrants will hold things up. we do pools for singles, and i would expect both rounds of pools to be done around 6:30-7 and bracket starting shortly after

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
you don't have to show up any earlier with a set up. it would be nice if you came by 11:30 if you have a setup and plan on entering teams. if you are coming a bit later just for singles that's ok too.

i would expect doubles to end around 3pm, and singles to end by 11-midnight. it's hard to know if any of the double entrants will hold things up. we do pools for singles, and i would expect both rounds of pools to be done around 6:30-7 and bracket starting shortly after
Oh ok cool, so I'll tell my friend's to bring setups, so now you'll have 3 more Wii's for Project M! (Also if they have skins on it would you want it to stay there or just take them off, but if it's just a skin like for Link he looks like Smash 4 Link would you be fine with it, or just take the skins all skins off?)

Zolom

Smash Apprentice
Oh ok cool, so I'll tell my friend's to bring setups, so now you'll have 3 more Wii's for Project M! (Also if they have skins on it would you want it to stay there or just take them off, but if it's just a skin like for Link he looks like Smash 4 Link would you be fine with it, or just take the skins all skins off?)
We prefer a default SD card when it comes to competitive play. I have no doubt that your skins would be perfectly acceptable, but that can't be said for everyone when they add skins, character models and textures, and alter stages in any way. Rather than say "That's fine if [insert specific criteria]" we are just forced to ask that folks bring a clean, default copy of PM. Thanks for asking rather than assuming. =) I cannot stress enough the annoyance of folks bringing their setup only for it to be put off to the side and be competitively useless due to further modding.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
We prefer a default SD card when it comes to competitive play. I have no doubt that your skins would be perfectly acceptable, but that can't be said for everyone when they add skins, character models and textures, and alter stages in any way. Rather than say "That's fine if [insert specific criteria]" we are just forced to ask that folks bring a clean, default copy of PM. Thanks for asking rather than assuming. =) I cannot stress enough the annoyance of folks bringing their setup only for it to be put off to the side and be competitively useless due to further modding.
Alright cool, so I'll tell my friends. Thanks for the reply.

D

Deleted member

There's a small chance I might show up to this.
Brace yourselves, Texas is coming.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
That's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure it's just $5 to participate, $5 to get into singles, and $5 per person for doubles.
That's why I asked, I don't know the answer it's a low chance that you do have to pay $5 per gamw, but I wasn't sure ya know.

D

Deleted member

ALERT!
Keep in mind that Daylight Saving Time begins the day AFTER this event!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Sorry to double post but this may be urgent.
Is there anyone willing to drive me to and from the venue? I only need a ride to and from since I've already kinda have housing. The cheapest hotel me and my family can find is in Palm Springs. (Marriott Desert Springs 1091 Pinehurst Lane Palm Desert, CA 92260)
I can probably pay gas money if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacD

Mayhem is this Sat!! I want to try something Bizzaro Flame did for the tourney he ran. All players who are attending (100% coming) "sign up" on this google doc. This will let us know roughly how many to expect, speed up the registration process, and even possibly let us make pools ahead of time.

Everyone will still pay day of when they show up. Bizzaro Flame said it was really successful, and with an event of this size, it would be really helpful. I filled out myself as an example.

Also remember we can have 40 setups this time! Let me know if you have any questions!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akab0HnfCg1idEhPRTNNVnBEaEpvd0xSQnB5NG9HaEE&usp=sharing

MacD

SEE BELOW POST MANDATORY SIGN UPS FOR MAYHEM!!! Registration closes 10pm Friday

i have lost one of my TO's for Mayhem, and in an effort to make things go as smooth as possible, I NEED EVERYONE TO SIGN UP BY 10pm FRIDAY. The goal is to make pools ahead of time and avoid conflicts of those who enter both (last time we had 96 total entrants into each melee & PM, 45 entered both). It also means things will go faster and less headaches day of.

you are still going to PAY AT THE VENUE, i just need to have a list of everyone who is going. if for some reason you won't know go until the day of if you can go, talk to me and we'll work it out. SIGN UP YOUR FRIENDS or make them do it. IT TAKES 1 MINUTE TO SIGN UP since you are paying at the venue.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akab0HnfCg1idEhPRTNNVnBEaEpvd0xSQnB5NG9HaEE&usp=sharing

Last edited:

MacD

Just finished making Mayhem pools. got 109 unique peeps signed up so far (71 melee, 63 PM, 33 entering both).

BRING SETUPS!! if those who aren't bringing TV's can bring systems, that'd be awesome. we have space for 40 setups, and i don't want to run late because we had too many TV's, not enough setups (or not enough TV's int he first place)

I'm sure people who didn't sign up are going to show up. if you have a change of heart you can still add your name to the doc. the highlighted person at the bottom was the last i added. I'll take signups at the door, but i can't guarantee a good pool.

Arkitech

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1693-1969-3174
can some one sign me mf slayer and vash5thmoon up we are running a little late! for project m!!!

Last edited:

MacD

results thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mayhem-melee-project-m-march-8th-san-gabriel-ca.349834/

Hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves. Things felt like they ran better and yet we still had roughly the same issue. Gonna go back to the drawing board and see how to handle the next one (on March 29th).

i think the easiest fix is to not enter teams...... but teaaaaams <3 (there is no reason i shouldn't be able to enter teams and have things run fine, but it would just be the easiest fix :/ )

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
results thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mayhem-melee-project-m-march-8th-san-gabriel-ca.349834/

Hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves. Things felt like they ran better and yet we still had roughly the same issue. Gonna go back to the drawing board and see how to handle the next one (on March 29th).

i think the easiest fix is to not enter teams...... but teaaaaams <3 (there is no reason i shouldn't be able to enter teams and have things run fine, but it would just be the easiest fix :/ )
Oh yiss the 29th! I can't wait!

Arkitech

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1693-1969-3174
havent had that much fun in a long time thank u guys for making us feel welcome

MacD

MacD

Best Asura ARAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gyran_ssb
As a newbie to the competitive smash scene I actually just found out about this today and will probably spectate if convenient. Not sure if I can bring setups but I could probably manage something; is there anything in particular sought after for setups? I figure I could at the very least bring some controllers or s/t

MacD

TV's and Wii's/cubes are what we need for setups. Project M peeps normally need more help bringing setups than melee do, but all setups are appreciated.

Best Asura ARAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gyran_ssb
Unfortunately I don't think that's something I can bring as of now, but in the future I may be able to; I'll likely be going to the ones after this one spectating or actually playing, by then perhaps I can get some spares. Apologies for not being able to contribute much as of now!

Last edited:
Top Bottom