• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Aug 22, 2015] MacD presents: Mayhem - Melee (Pasadena, CA)

L33thal

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking for a Project M teammate, if you're willing to team w/ a 13 year old.
Sure, no prob. (It's my first tourney and I'm still a bit unclear about banning stages and stuff :/) How do you want to do this; PM, meet tomorrow, etc.?

Last edited:

Shauce

Smash Rookie
Sure, no prob. (It's my first tourney and I'm still a bit unclear about banning stages and stuff :/) How do you want to do this; PM, meet tomorrow, etc.?
I'll probably be at the venue pretty early, around 10:40-11:00. If we get name tags at the tournament it'd be pretty easy to find each other.

Last edited:

Best Asura ARAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gyran_ssb
mayhem was really fun! great tourney guys, I'll definitely have to go in singles in april. by then I should at least have a wii or cube for set up (and my defense will be better lol)

Poomoj

Smash Rookie
I had more fun yesterday than I've had in a very long time! I was the guy in a red flannel shirt with 2 ponytails. Shout-outs to Eroc for being cool, nice, and lots of fun matches. A big thank you to Hugs, Tafokints, Reno, DEHF, and BAM for taking the time to hang out with me to play lots of matches and giving me advice to improve my play. I couldn't believe how nice and encouragingly some pro players treated a novice like myself. Thank you guys for being cool and making me feel welcome; it means a lot to me. I hope to see you all again at Pat's House 2! --- Adrian---

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
Mayhem was fun, even though I didn't do very well. I still ken combo'd someone so I'm fine. I felt bad for my friend that had to face westballz.

Best Asura ARAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gyran_ssb
Only did friendlies and what not. Won most of them, but Tafokints seriously wrecked me, lol

Last edited:

L33thal

Smash Apprentice
Had a lot of fun and I played all day till midnight. It was way better than playing Lvl 9 CPUs all the time. I learned a lot about the game and met some really chill people. I'm gonna try to go to as many Mayhems as I can.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Mayhem on the 19th!! Pre Reg sheet will be up early next week. i recommend reading the vital information below.

EVERYONE READ THE SCHEDULE. This time i will be cutting signups off at a certain time. if you haven't showed up/paid by then, that's your problem, not ours. Pay by 12:00 if you plan on entering teams. Pay by 2:00 if you plan on entering singles. (If you have work/something going on that is going to cause you to be late, talk to me about it ahead of time and we will see what we can work out.)

I'm sick of adding people late/delaying the tourney because you forgot to pay or showed up late because of traffic or whatever. Last time we ended before 11pm for both games which was amazing, but there were still hicups and annoying things that caused delays. I know a lot of PM people were added post last call. This time we won't be adding you. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

LeftoverCrack

Smash Rookie
Sweet, well Final Desu-nation and I will be down in LA from Bakersfield again to get completely destroyed.

Best Asura ARAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gyran_ssb
Fairly certain I'll be entering melee singles, at least. If somebody needs a partner for duos I'd probably be down but I'm not versed in doubles (plus I'm not that good haha whoops). I'll definitely be there by noon though.

MacD

READ BELOW POST

Hey all, it's that time again. MANDATORY Pre-reg for Mayhem this Sat!!! hopefully you're all used to this by now. last time i know PM ended up being straight bracket because of lack of setups. if PM peeps don't bring enough setups again and melee bring more, we'll just get extra melee setups going this time.

Also BAM won't be there this time so please make this as easy as possible for me. cut off times are strict. i'm sick of "1 more person" needing to be added 10 times cause you forgot to/didn't pay in time

Last edited:

MacD

MAYHEM CANCELLED ON THE 19TH.

BAM being gone was originally not a problem, but there are now a couple other issues that came up. After talking with BAM and the venue, we have decided that it is in everyone's best interest to cancel the tourney this weekend. we feel the tourney would end up being subpar. The next one will still be held on May 3rd as planned.

Sorry to everyone. please spread the word to those who don't normally check facebook/smashboards.

MacD

Hey all. Mayhem this Sat. Pre-reg now!!!! I want to remind everyone that we will be following strict time enforcements at this one. you must be paid for by 12pm if you want to enter teams, and 2pm if you want to do singles. if you are going to be late, let me know and we can work something out.

To help with teams issues we've been having, I decided to take off the teammate section on the sign up sheet. We will be writing down teams as they pay in hopes that solves all issues. if you are going to enter teams, you can still mark it to make signing up easier and so that peeps know teams will be super awesome!!!

registration: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rMLzcwnV3bHDE86bgxskVCmoK0ygA2NKO_KsOe03V_A/edit?usp=sharing
(just add your name/tag, mark off which events you are entering, and if you are bringing setups. if you find out before the deadline that you can't go, please take your name off so that you are not added to the event.)

FB page: https://www.facebook.com/events/709185915805817

Last edited:

_waffles

Smash Rookie
NNID
xXKuppaXx
3DS FC
3780-9487-0614
Nice MacD a friend and I want to go to your tourney, I'll try asking my friend if he can bring a Gamecube to set up at your tourney.

_waffles

Smash Rookie
NNID
xXKuppaXx
3DS FC
3780-9487-0614
Can I pay for the venue and the events that I'm going to play at the day of the tournament? (May 3rd)

MacD

yes, everything is pay at the venue. i just need a list ahead of time so i can make pools and keep things smooth since we are running both games.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
So there's a good chance Im gonna be taking the place of another person who maybe cant go
That should be fine, right? considering you dont have to add in any extra registrants
If need be, I can just take his name if that'll make things easier. doesnt matter
He's registered as WWB jose (jose Villasana) btw. And yes, I would still be teaming with xero.

Last edited:

MacD

i would prefer if you add your name to the list and make a note next to his name that he can't go since i already added him to pools

the list is specifically to save me time at the tourney because i like to compete and get pretty far and don't have much help when it comes to making pools

_waffles

Smash Rookie
NNID
xXKuppaXx
3DS FC
3780-9487-0614
I took my name off the sign-up list yesterday because I wasn't going to make it but when I opened the list again my name was still there? Well I put a note next to my name saying that I won't be able to make it today, sorry :dizzy:

MacD

Looking forward to another one. Special guests coming from the EC for this one!!!! I am messing with the time table again. Last time I was too nice because of traffic and doubles started late and screwed things.

12:30 - Doubles sign ups close end of story
2:15 - Singles sign up close end of story

Everything went fine with singles signups last time, it was mainly teams that caused some issues.

Fish&Herbs19

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone want to team for Melee doubles?
I'll team if you are alright with that. I was in your melee pool last Mayhem, the tag I used back then was SmokedSalmon. I now play both Falco and Jigglypuff, so if you are fine with teaming with me, that would be awesome!

L33thal

Smash Apprentice
I'll team if you are alright with that. I was in your melee pool last Mayhem, the tag I used back then was SmokedSalmon. I now play both Falco and Jigglypuff, so if you are fine with teaming with me, that would be awesome!
Oh, were you the Fox player who asked for tips and stuff? Sure, let's team!

I got a brand new White controller since the last Mayhem (the previous one I used was my cousin's and it was horrible lol). I've also gotten a bit better at waveshining and playing against other people lol.

Fish&Herbs19

Smash Journeyman
Oh, were you the Fox player who asked for tips and stuff? Sure, let's team!

I got a brand new White controller since the last Mayhem (the previous one I used was my cousin's and it was horrible lol). I've also gotten a bit better at waveshining and playing against other people lol.
Yeah I was. I'm not really consistent with Fox anymore and play better with both Falco and Jiggs, so those are ideally the characters that I will be using. I already signed up under the Google Doc as Glaceon. And I'll tell you what I'm wearing etc some hours before the event :) Glad that we can team!

L33thal

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I was. I'm not really consistent with Fox anymore and play better with both Falco and Jiggs, so those are ideally the characters that I will be using. I already signed up under the Google Doc as Glaceon. And I'll tell you what I'm wearing etc some hours before the event :) Glad that we can team!
Can you also list yourself as my teammate on the Google Doc? I don't have Facebook so I can't access the spreadsheet (cousin's helping me sign up) :/

Do you want to get some practice before the tourney? Maybe we can arrive earlier? And if you live within 15-20 minutes from Pasadena or Alhambra, we could get a bunch of games/practice sessions going before Mayhem; already working on playing some fellow Mayhem entrees before Saturday.

Fish&Herbs19

Smash Journeyman
Can you also list yourself as my teammate on the Google Doc? I don't have Facebook so I can't access the spreadsheet (cousin's helping me sign up) :/

Do you want to get some practice before the tourney? Maybe we can arrive earlier? And if you live within 15-20 minutes from Pasadena or Alhambra, we could get a bunch of games/practice sessions going before Mayhem; already working on playing some fellow Mayhem entrees before Saturday.
I can't happen to meet you any time soon, but I will be at the venue fairly early, at around 11, so we can practice a bit before doubles starts. Also we don't have to list our teammate on the google doc.

FeoniX

Smash Rookie
Can someone PLEASE post a link for June 7th pre-registration, or is it fine if we arrive at the venue and sign up there?​

Top Bottom