• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF + NWC Present: Summer Smash 2, 8/22 *MD/VA Circuit Event*

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Can't wait. Hope to see you all there again. Maybe more people will notice the carpeted floors that are designed to look like wood.

Also there is a need for wiis. If you can bring one it would be greatly appreciated. Herf said he was able to round up 3 more tvs from last time.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I can bring TV+Brawl

that is if I can go, lol

:093:

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
1 month to go people.

Hopefully we can have rockband setup again. I was surprised that the Smash64 setup was getting some attention. So we may try to have 64 back as well. Maybe for Coney I could bring my copy of Strikers.

Coney

Smash Master
Maybe for Coney I could bring my copy of Strikers.

awfully sweet of you, but don't bring it for just me--i don't think anyone else plays it in this region (at least, not at a high level) and i'd just end up playing the computer. @_@

if you got any friends that play the game regularly though...

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Well it wasn't just you that asked to see strikers so maybe there are others that would play with you. My brother and I used to play the game.

Lionhart

Smash Rookie
im pretty sure im coming to this. I see a few guys are talking big. i think imma place, and for those who dont know me tant, monstar, and shado probably do. As for strikers, if me and my friends come it wud be all over. I was up near the top with psycofoot if anyone knows him either.

Herfderf

Smash Cadet
I'm all for seeing Lionhart again :D

I'm planning on bringing 4 TVs (take that, JCeaser :p) so pretty much all we really need are Wiis.

I'll bring my own Wii. I've got Rock Band 1 for PS3, if anyone wants me to bring that. We're intending to have at least 1 Rock Band setup again.

Lionhart

Smash Rookie
Is Herderf that Jiggly guy? Not G-reg.

Man Snowball, i have gotten SO much better its indescribable. I almost beat HolyNightmare's MK with Ganondorf seriously. But I do beat Holy's MK with Fox/Marth.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
yeah herfderf is the jigglypuff guy. Though he hasn't played her in a while. Man we really need to get some practice before this tournament.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i will be coming to this for sure. Teams anyone? just pm me cause i probably will forget when i posted this two weeks time.

SpartanX123

Smash Cadet
Everyone who has Yugimon cards, bring them here! Get rapedby my super special awesome Blackwing deck!

Coney

Smash Master
im pretty sure im coming to this. I see a few guys are talking big. i think imma place, and for those who dont know me tant, monstar, and shado probably do. As for strikers, if me and my friends come it wud be all over. I was up near the top with psycofoot if anyone knows him either.
oh wow, you're pretty good then! i doubt you ever heard of me, psycofoot was really popular a little bit after i stopped playing singles, i was mostly known with the bug/zzz/arbok/wolverine crowd.

do any of you guys play doubles? my friend and i are SACRÉ BLEU, one of the top (if not THE top) doubles teams online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIqGbezmBVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3oktZl12ps

the videos are a bit deceiving, we use wally, two boos and a monty...we just made up a few tricks with koopa before we let him go, so we had to include him. also, we never, EVER boo-deke. that ****'s gay.

of course, there's no online rankings (at least none that are worth a ****) but we've never consistently lost to a doubles team that wasn't CoryBantic...and he uses petey and three boos and boo-dekes EVERYWHERE, so :<

anyway i didn't think i was coming to this but if there's a brother in arms for strikers, i'm all over it

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Levitibus I'll MM you in Yugioh.

I borrowed one of my friends deck and did 7200 damage in one turn the last time I played (on my 5th turn). I might bring that same deck.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Wow Yugioh matches. I haven't played that game in ages.

I wish I had a competitive team on my pokemon platinum so I could face lil b and Tant.

I hope lionhart can make it so I can watch coney vs lionhart in strikers. If you guys put up a good show maybe you can get others interested in the game. You guys actually play at the level of the wii trooper elites?

Coney

Smash Master
Wow Yugioh matches. I haven't played that game in ages.

I wish I had a competitive team on my pokemon platinum so I could face lil b and Tant.

I hope lionhart can make it so I can watch coney vs lionhart in strikers. If you guys put up a good show maybe you can get others interested in the game. You guys actually play at the level of the wii trooper elites?
i dunno about the elites! i'm nowhere near as good as some of the top players used to be (at least, i don't think so), but i'd venture to say i was top ~10-20 in the continent at my prime. i'd bring my doubles partner but he doesn't like competitive smash, so he wouldn't have fun otherwise :3

anyway, sure, i'll play some singles. i think lionheart and i played before actually...can't remember for sure though.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Wow at the Yu-Gi-Oh Matches...

K guys...once again I'm one of the few smashers that drive so if you need a ride and you live between me and hagerstown (or not to far off) let it be known

GAS MONEY of course...

theres 2 seats left and its first come first serve

seat 1: shado
Seat 2:
Seat 3:

edit: and do you mean original strikers or strikers charged?....i hate strikers charged

but the original is ****

Coney

Smash Master
edit: and do you mean original strikers or strikers charged?....i hate strikers charged

but the original is ****
the first strikers game is TRASH, dude. i tried playing it, the only goals i made were bounced off kritter and then just barely tapping it in afterward.

strikers charged is much deeper with tons more strategy, all basically the result of the inclusion of the chip button. the things you can do in that game are absolutely incredible, and at a high level the matches move INCREDIBLY fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsoqykRLWp4

in this video, there are two distinct styles at work--Robzfresh is a shooter, while Bug is a tricker. shooters win by, of course, shooting--charging the ball and then taking shots at the goal while the ball's still at optimum charge. they're basically how you would expect a soccer game to be played, and it's possible to play this way even with the inclusion of the tricker...

the tricker, Bug, is someone who basically relies on nothing but ATs. they rarely make shots (if ever) and so don't have to rely on charging the ball to white, as they'll use the chip button to make almost all of their goals. the risks, however, are phenomenal. trick shots can be extremely difficult to pull off in pressure, and even the slightest offset of timing will ruin an otherwise perfect shot. it's high risk/high reward.

in short, shooter is like a fighter, and a tricker is like a black mage. i guess.

Lionhart

Smash Rookie
oh wow, you're pretty good then! i doubt you ever heard of me, psycofoot was really popular a little bit after i stopped playing singles, i was mostly known with the bug/zzz/arbok/wolverine crowd.

do any of you guys play doubles? my friend and i are SACRÉ BLEU, one of the top (if not THE top) doubles teams online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIqGbezmBVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3oktZl12ps

the videos are a bit deceiving, we use wally, two boos and a monty...we just made up a few tricks with koopa before we let him go, so we had to include him. also, we never, EVER boo-deke. that ****'s gay.

of course, there's no online rankings (at least none that are worth a ****) but we've never consistently lost to a doubles team that wasn't CoryBantic...and he uses petey and three boos and boo-dekes EVERYWHERE, so :<

anyway i didn't think i was coming to this but if there's a brother in arms for strikers, i'm all over it
Well im not in any way a doubles strikers player, but in singles I was up there. I remember beating BORAT. I dont remember back that far really tho.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Oh Trust Me Coney...when i first got the game i was like omg this is 10x **** then Strikers 1...i learned alot of tricks for my specific character team (bowser jr. 2 toads and birdo) and i was super good at the off the wall around the goalie shot...but then when i started playing online i figured out just how much i don't like this game

i shoudlnt go as far as to say its a bad game...its just not the game for me.

Coney

Smash Master
yeah, i gotcha. maybe if we both make it to summer smash we can play a few games, always good to play the game with someone in-person considering how much online i'm doing @_@

also, you play junior! that's awesome! he's like, the least played in the game! him and mario are my two secondary captains, in case someone's wise to my wall tricks

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Wow at the Yu-Gi-Oh Matches...

K guys...once again I'm one of the few smashers that drive so if you need a ride and you live between me and hagerstown (or not to far off) let it be known

GAS MONEY of course...

theres 2 seats left and its first come first serve

seat 1: shado
Seat 2:
Seat 3:

but the original is ****
Wth? I live in randallstown too. I'll probably need a ride.

Top Bottom