• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
POE 3 is a video game tourney for this game called super smash brothers: melee

There will be a bunch of midwesterners there, and like zhu and a bunch of other EC/WC players are confirmed to go, it will prolly be about the same size as smym11 I'm guessing? and its june 26th in evansville indiana

edit: oh, apearently laura croft and a bunch of other physically attractive females are going to attend, I'm not sure why, but they said they would.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Lol I'm jk. I'm not that much of a pig lol.

But anyways, idk... I'll see if i can go, but I'm not sure if i'll be able to afford it seeing as i'm trying to save up for both Apex and ROM 3. I'll try my best though, but no promises

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
But isn't drakrain going? if he is going that means it isn't a 100% oh i'm going to win. But yeah I have a 3% chance of making it to poe3. I have right now a 46% chance for apex D*** NJ for being the worse tourist area ever. My family was wanting to go as a whole.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Hahah I actually got another one since then but I'm glad you guys remembered and kept it :D

I'll probably be able to go too, my roomates seem interested in going and it's only like 4 hours or so away

AXE 09

Smash Master
I've already done some Pika dittos with Soju lol. We didn't play for that long though.

I still have yet to meet some of you guys. If I don't end up going to POE, then I'd better see you all at Apex/ROM3!

For POE, I don't wanna "plan" on winning, then end up getting like last place and having no money, then end up missing Apex. That would suck haha. I'm trying to save up as much money as possible right now.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Lol but what if you win? I have no experience in that matchup lol!

Then after I lose, I'll do double or nothing. Then tripple. And next thing I know, I'll owe you so much money that I won't be able to go to ROM 3 either

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
looool, just take make sure it isn't NTSC 1.0. Cuz flame cancelling is sooo broken

EDIT: if you go to POE3, i definately want to get a MM. 1$ falco dittos and 1$ my falco vs ur pika =)

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'll teach you the Bowser matchup Axe lol.

I wish flame cancelling was broken. Bowser sucks in every way lol. Only me and WarriorKnight make it work with him.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I've already done some Pika dittos with Soju lol. We didn't play for that long though.

I still have yet to meet some of you guys. If I don't end up going to POE, then I'd better see you all at Apex/ROM3!

For POE, I don't wanna "plan" on winning, then end up getting like last place and having no money, then end up missing Apex. That would suck haha. I'm trying to save up as much money as possible right now.
Go to POE

Team with me

PROFIT

You know it to be true in your heart.

j00t

Smash Champion
new discussion

GnW vs. Pika go

I need help with it :(

EDIT: well not really :3 but I want to hear opinions about it. I think it's an even matchup... even though GnW can outspace Pika pretty well, Pika can abuse GnW's terrible shield and has early kill potential w/ upsmash. And even though GnW can theoretically lightshield to cover most of that problem... lightshielding is hard to do on command in the midst of glorious battle. :/

Both can edgeguard each other pretty well, GnW has that oh so gruesome parachute. But Pika can easily punish GnW's terrible recovery with just about anything if the rat is patient enough.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I've been wanting to team with Axe to do double Pikachu for the longest time but something or someone is always in the way lol. I wanna team with him for POE but I don't know if Chops is gonna go.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
new discussion

GnW vs. Pika go

EDIT: well not really :3 but I want to hear opinions about it. I think it's an even matchup... even though GnW can outspace Pika pretty well, Pika can abuse GnW's terrible shield and has early kill potential w/ upsmash. And even though GnW can theoretically lightshield to cover most of that problem... lightshielding is hard to do on command in the midst of glorious battle. :/

Both can edgeguard each other pretty well, GnW has that oh so gruesome parachute. But Pika can easily punish GnW's terrible recovery with just about anything if the rat is patient enough.
are u j00t?

AXE 09

Smash Master
Alright, so IF I go to POE and V3ctorman doesn't come along, then... If DJN doesn't have a partner, I'll team with him =P We've been trying to team for like ever lol. Otherwise, Chad and I are gonna wreck in Pika doubles again :)
looool, just take make sure it isn't NTSC 1.0. Cuz flame cancelling is sooo broken

EDIT: if you go to POE3, i definately want to get a MM. 1$ falco dittos and 1$ my falco vs ur pika =)
Heck yeah! I'm totally down for this. Falco dittos are my absolute favorite thing to do haha. So even after the MM, we should play a ton of friendlies too :p
I'll teach you the Bowser matchup Axe lol.

I wish flame cancelling was broken. Bowser sucks in every way lol. Only me and WarriorKnight make it work with him.
Fighting you and your partner's double Bowser team at Genesis was one of the hardest things I've ever tried to do o.O
I thought your love belonged to me? :(
You don't wanna 3 way? :)
new discussion

GnW vs. Pika go

I'm gonna be honest and say... I honestly feel like this matchup is in G&W's favor. It's extremely hard to get around that Shffl Fair -> Dtilt. Idk. His disjointed moves are just hard for me to get around. I personally have trouble with this matchup, and I'm glad that I have yet to fight a pro level G&W yet lol. Honestly, I'd probably go Falco if I had to fight one.

j00t

Smash Champion
Falco vs. GnW... gross :(

If I were Pika I'd probably ban FoD. GnW has fun on that stage.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
what about banning kongo due to high cieling and short walls, like Ganddubs is never gonna kill you off the top so high cieling doesn't hurt him, and only hurts you. But idk how good gdubs is on that stage all around, I'm just taking walls into consideration.

also, **** foxchad, he'll always be -chad-, or chad to me, cept for that fatefull day where he was chad rusoe or something like that ;-)

Top Bottom