• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Stay on topic :mad:

Keep the laser eating to the Bakery.
(they are delicious though)
Denzi apprently likes to eat sparkely blue stuffs. I do have a question, however. What different stuff do you find you can do from the ledge that is safe? I found you can drop -> rising Uair -> IAP all from the same jump is actually rather safe. Uair covers the ledge on Falco's way up.

Denzi

Smash Master

What different stuff do you find you can do from the ledge that is safe? I found you can drop -> rising Uair -> IAP all from the same jump is actually rather safe. Uair covers the ledge on Falco's way up.
I like Drop -> Walljump+Bair -> Phantasm all in the same jump. Bair covers the ledge on Falco's way up :p

Rockan

Smash Apprentice
when larry chaingrabs when he drills you, you die it happened to utd zac at delfino it happened to tyrant before and he kills all the time for some reoson you can't jump :p

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Drop > DJ airdodge > Roll away. I find it very safe provided you didnt phantasm or firebird to the ledge. But if you did I prefer release -> walljump -> phantasm. Also if your under 100% ledge roll does wonders.

@ Rockan, If Falco grabs you after you used your 2nd jump before you land you cant jump again, or if he grabs you during the chain grab right as you use your jump.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL @ rockan

larry just grabbed utd in the initial frames of his DJ
if you look REALLY carefully you can see GW start to move up before he warps into larry's little falco feathers

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Drop > Wall jump along the ledge > regrab

Stalls pretty well during opponent's invincibility frames.

And how do you walljump Bair to phantasm? Everytime I do it I fall after the Bair and I need to firebird back to grab the ledge.

J4pu

Smash Champion
LOL @ rockan

larry just grabbed utd in the initial frames of his DJ
if you look REALLY carefully you can see GW start to move up before he warps into larry's little falco feathers
assuming DEHF used dthrow that wouldn't be the reason since the throw gives back DJ's
he could have either used his 2nd jump right before getting hit by dair or failed at timing his 2nd jump for a meteor cancel

And how do you walljump Bair to phantasm? Everytime I do it I fall after the Bair and I need to firebird back to grab the ledge.
tap away from the wall to walljump, then at basically the same time tap cstick towards the stage, you should easily be able to finish the bair and phantasm to the edge or even onto the stage. I'm not talking about the lower wall part on FD, I don't think anybody is.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
assuming DEHF used dthrow that wouldn't be the reason since the throw gives back DJ's
he could have either used his 2nd jump right before getting hit by dair or failed at timing his 2nd jump for a meteor cancel
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that you don't get your DJ back, since you never landed. Im sure that even if you hit the ground in the throw it doesn't count as landing, I know thats the case with Snake's bthrow and fthrow.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Has it been known that you can Fsmash Wario out of grab release? It kills him at around 120% before grab near the edges of stages.

My question is, how do you guys handle this matchup? I just jump around alongside Wario with lasers and punish when I see an opening? Is there another way to counteract Wario's air camping?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
There ain't no Warios in NE, but I can tell you Falco vs. Wario > Snake vs. Wario.

Question, is there any good uses for running shield-canceled-grab with Falco?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Pfft, hardest MU ever. Wario is harder for us then Marth when he's played right.

A good way to get damage in by being close up, but it's also stupid to be close up because wario has the best OOS game ever and BITE.
Learn to mash so bite is 1-2 crunches only, else you'll be gone faster then you can say HANDS OFF MY BREAD.
Dair is effective against careful warios, not so much against aggresive ones.
Camping = god, watch out with IAP predicts.
If he dairs you roll away, if he plans on attacking your shield roll away.
BE DEFENSIVE if the timer reaches fart killing percentages or damage racking percentages, watch his habits. i.e. I know 1 wario who always uses it as a follow up and 1 who always uses it as a predicting tool, I play VERY different against both.

Main outline is RESET THE SITUATION as much as possible and keep camping and looking for that opening.
Best way to grab a wario from the air is by a boost pivot.

I play this MU like every week guys it's not even funny. Oh and DONT GET GRABBED

J4pu

Smash Champion
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that you don't get your DJ back, since you never landed. Im sure that even if you hit the ground in the throw it doesn't count as landing, I know thats the case with Snake's bthrow and fthrow.
I was under the impression that all throws gave back DJ's and the only thing that doesn't is grab releasing, I would check myself right now but sadly I don't have a wii, which coincidentally is probably the only reason I'm active on the boards right now.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
There ain't no Warios in NE, but I can tell you Falco vs. Wario > Snake vs. Wario.

Question, is there any good uses for running shield-canceled-grab with Falco?
No one has answered my question yet <.<

So heres another one!

I noticed that when the opponent is in mid percentages (after cg percentage before 90%) that you can jab them from a d-throw and can set up some combos depending on their DI.

Everyone knows about the jab -> laser lock, but I also got things to work such as jab -> dash attack, jab-> gatling combo, jab -> dsmash,
and if they airdodge and di towards you, you wil miss the jab but can grab them on landing.

So just wondering if there is any other jab setups depending on the way they DI?

drew34000

Smash Rookie
How do i beat a floaty character like MK? I can't chain grab him, he's hard to get into a spiking position ect.... I bet $$ with one of my friends who plays as him. My 2nds are Toon link/Olimar/kirby. What Should i do?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
How do i beat a floaty character like MK? I can't chain grab him, he's hard to get into a spiking position ect.... I bet $$ with one of my friends who plays as him. My 2nds are Toon link/Olimar/kirby. What Should i do?
Read stickies, son.

Also, did Blad put some ninja French-guy-spyware into that thread? I get a popup saying
A username and password are being requested by http://www.ssb-france.com. The site says: "Hep tu fais quoi la ?"

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Are you talking about stage wise? I personally prefer smaller stages because a.) lasers aren't all that great vs. Sonic and b.) gives him less room to run around in. Something like Smashville would be my preference.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Can falco do smashes out of his Shorthop phantasm With good spacing is it a good to try the smashes? Im new to this A.t. I know how it works I just need to know how the best ways to use it

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
yeah, doing smashes is a great way to mix up your game, just keep in mind that Falco's smashes are really punishable, so dont spam it, but i do like to do IAP to d-smash as a surprise attack.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Instant Aerial Phantasm, basically you jump and immediately phantasm so you do it as close to the ground as possible.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Idea to help Falco's recovery!

Firstly, no I'm not back. I'm still a long ways away from rejoining the Smash scene.

I was at work today and this idea just popped into my head. I have no idea why since I rarely even think about Smash these days, but what the hell. I figured I'd go home and test it, if only to scratch the Smash itch a little bit.

Anyway, on to Falco. Remember God DI? The idea was that if you were in the air, you could Smash DI into the ground and tech it in order to not receive any knockback. Has anyone tried to apply this to Falco's recovery? I know back when I played, having MK Dsmash you out of the middle of your Phantasm sucked and almost always forced you to go to the ledge.

This would give Falco a good extra option on recovery. With slow enough attacks (maybe Marth's Fsmash), Falco can tech the ground and Upsmash before Marth can recover.

I've never been very good at God DI so I had some difficulty testing it, but it looks pretty promising from what I've done. You can definitely tech out of Phantasm, since you're technically in the air the whole time, it's just a matter of how and where. And since the timing and actions will always be essentially the same, this can be consistently used in play. Thoughts? Has this come up at all?

This would only work I think when you are at the level of an perfect IAP. The higher you are to the ground the more SDI has to cover to make you hit the ground. And SDI only pushes you ever so slightly in a particular direction.

Denzi

Smash Master
This would only work I think when you are at the level of an perfect IAP. The higher you are to the ground the more SDI has to cover to make you hit the ground. And SDI only pushes you ever so slightly in a particular direction.

You make IAP'ing sound harder than it is. I think this'll change the game for us if we can get it down.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
If I can do it once, someone decent who isn't totally out of practice can get it consistently. Remember, I have this in mind mainly for recovery, so if you do it just high enough to not snap to the ledge, you'll reset to the lowest possible height. Plus you know exactly when you're going to get hit, so it's consistent timing.

I got it to work with MK's Dsmash, so great. I really believe this could help Falco out a lot.

J4pu

Smash Champion
It's not that hard to move for SDI

You make IAP'ing sound harder than it is. I think this'll change the game for us if we can get it down.
He meant getting IAP height on a recovery recovery phantasm, which although not "that" hard is still a lot harder than just doing an IAP.

seems interesting, trading a hit for a potential kill, will actually make people start thinking twice before hit you out of your recovery if it becomes a cornerstone falco technique

Top Bottom