• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^lol
AAA = what you press, it's your typical three input jab combo (the thing where after you press it three times, falco does this spinny thingy with his arm and yells "Hooooaoaa!"

Oh yeah, and for the timing to do the SHDL (with the silent one at the end), do I wait until the peak of my jump to do it?

Jon?

Smash Champion
^lol
AAA = what you press, it's your typical three input jab combo (the thing where after you press it three times, falco does this spinny thingy with his arm and yells "Hooooaoaa!"

Oh yeah, and for the timing to do the SHDL (with the silent one at the end), do I wait until the peak of my jump to do it?
I think you want to start lasering at the peak of your jump. I honestly don't remember where Falco is in his jump animation, I've gotten SHDL down to muscle memory.

Height of the SH is when the first shot should be made. After that, just adjust to how you press B again to get the 2nd shot to line up right with the ground.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
What Jon? said, just experiment with it until you get it, then practice practice practice.

EDIT: ph1ny, does your thing say "This is not Japan"?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I was aiming for "This [sentence] is not Japanese", though it obviously doesn't have the "句" in it.
Did I do it wrong? I could've sworn that I got the grammar and nouns down, but I'm not sure.
Edit: now I know what I did wrong lol.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'm especially interested in the MK match up. I don't know what to do and what I can do. I find even the worst MKs difficult to fight.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'm especially interested in the MK match up. I don't know what to do and what I can do. I find even the worst MKs difficult to fight.
Chaingrab and techchase to 60%

Camp your way to 120%

Try to get upsmash/bair kill.

Rinse and repeat.

It works on bad/mediocre/decent MKs, pro MKs I need some help on that too.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Chaingrab and techchase to 60%

Camp your way to 200%

Dash attack

Lol landing an usmash on skilled mk players. Bair is your best shot at a kill here, but it's also a primary spacer, so it's probably staled. utilt and jab is sex in this mu

swordsaint

Smash Master
No matter how good a player is, they're always going to make mistakes. And they will always have times when they get hit by something strong.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Most players I play know the falco MU to well to leave themselves open with something like glide attack on shield. It's true that you can hit with it, ofc. but bair is so much better in this mu

The thing I love about falco is that you can play avoiding a certain move for a time. Lasers, Jab, phantasm, all can be used so much and still stay safe. All to refreshen a move.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
The thing I love about falco is that you can play avoiding a certain move for a time. Lasers, Jab, phantasm, all can be used so much and still stay safe. All to refreshen a move.
Eh, you can't get lax when camping though. For example if your opponent is like half a stage away and you try to SHDL, they can run past the 1st laser, powershield the second laser, and grab you on landing.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
Eh, you can't get lax when camping though. For example if your opponent is like half a stage away and you try to SHDL, they can run past the 1st laser, powershield the second laser, and grab you on landing.
Buffer a spotdodge?

I got a question.

How to defeat or at least deal with mk's dair camping to tornado?

That is why some match-ups you have to resort to the SHL. SHing at first enables you time to judge what they are doing and see if you really should be finishing the jump with a laser, airdodge, attack or jump.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
yea, against characters with speed you MUST use SHL (marth fox capt falcon)

btw gopobox, only spotdodge if you know they are going to grab, even then make **** sure they don't pivot grab

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I was actually refering to fighting a Dedede... Thats right, you can't SHDL from half the stage away from Dedede

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
How to defeat or at least deal with mk's dair camping to tornado?
You can beat mks dair camping with bair. Watch closely at mks dair and get the right timing. Just after he uses his dair you have to quickly jump and bair him. It's not that hard.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
What are the kill % for a fresh Bair and U tilt. I aint worried about Bair getting stale cause of Lasers and Jab combo. (Unless I should Bair more then I already do, which I actually don't do to often)

Denzi

Smash Master
What are the kill % for a fresh Bair and U tilt. I aint worried about Bair getting stale cause of Lasers and Jab combo. (Unless I should Bair more then I already do, which I actually don't do to often)
Bair's a tough one to figure out. Utilt kills around 170%

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Bair kills better the closer your opponent is to the blast zone and the worse their DI is. Note that Bair kills horizontal so its good to hit your opponent out of a spot dodge or fast fall air dodge if they dont move their control stick up in time.

Bair kills better the closer your opponent is to the blast zone and the worse their DI is. Note that Bair kills horizontal so its good to hit your opponent out of a spot dodge or fast fall air dodge if they dont move their control stick up in time.
Don't forget it acts like a sex kick. The longer the move is out the less knockback it will generate.

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Anybody got some suggestions/videos on how to play campy with Falco? Sounds ******** but campy just ain't my style and I suck at it.
Im playing kinda campy lately, but havent got a vid of it yet. I might have record some tommorow and there'll prolly be at the end of the weekend online. I'll post them here.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I think I play a campy Falco as well. Basically, you want to force them to approach you. Only in specific matches will you have to approach them. Do your SHDL and SHL until you see an opening and take advantage of it.

I think I play a campy Falco as well. Basically, you want to force them to approach you. Only in specific matches will you have to approach them. Do your SHDL and SHL until you see an opening and take advantage of it.
I have some advice for you all. The only time a Falco player is able to play as gay as possible is when you are a n00b. What sets many a Falco apart from the n00b is that the n00b plays to such a degree of gay it's punishable. We step back a bit and play to a degree of gay that is not quite entirely punishable. But to do that requires us to not play as gay as possible. I hate to say it to you all, but the n00b out gays you everytime. :laugh:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I just decided to pick up Falco... and I have one specific question. Is it possible to SHDL while you're retreating without B reversing the laser? The only two options I can think of is just SHL, or to buffer a dash in the other direction and B reverse SHDL. That would be difficult though.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You can do it by jumping forward and wavebouncing a reverse double laser, then hold the control stick backwards to move back.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I have some advice for you all. The only time a Falco player is able to play as gay as possible is when you are a n00b. What sets many a Falco apart from the n00b is that the n00b plays to such a degree of gay it's punishable. We step back a bit and play to a degree of gay that is not quite entirely punishable. But to do that requires us to not play as gay as possible. I hate to say it to you all, but the n00b out gays you everytime. :laugh:
I don't know if this is suppose to be an insult or some sort of unfunny joke.

Oh come on, no one gets it :(

Everytime you hear someone say they lost a match I hear someone else say, "Play moar gay". And I'm just saying that if you kept playing as gay as you possible could we would be reaching n00b level. And we all know n00b level gets punished. So playing more gay is not the answer to everything. What the correct answer is that you need to play in a way that is just on the border. Enough that all your antics reach there mark, but not punished. But not so much that your antics get punished. That is what I was getting at.

I have that problem when I play MK. The tornado is really good, but I underuse it. However, sometimes I over use it and get punished for it pretty often.

As Snake, I under use his Grenades.

With Peach, I do not turnip pull enough.

Top Bottom