• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

clowsui

Smash Legend
that matchup basically boils down to this:

1. do you have tricks? if you have lots of tricks you might be able to squeak by without having to work your brain very hard
if the olimar has a history against you, then forget this, because no amount of tricks will save you
2. are your fundamentals very good? if your fundamentals and your mixups remain strong then you will win this. if not then feel free to get ***** on repeat.

J4pu

Smash Champion
But the GOD DI idea is jumping, then DI + Tech. Since we're already in the air, it might be easier.
wtf, then GOD DI was a ******** idea, shield comes out faster than jumping gets you off the ground. I thought GOD DI was always just an extremely situational thing, and thanks to pure awesome we now have a more common situation where it becomes useful.
the fact that phantasm can basically be inside the ground yet still count as in the air should make it fairly easy to SDI any hit into the ground (or at least easy compared to having to SDI from falco's arm height all the way down to the ground).

Denzi

Smash Master
the fact that phantasm can basically be inside the ground yet still count as in the air should make it fairly easy to SDI any hit into the ground.
Right, that's what makes it so awesome.

And yeah, that's why GOD DI was never put to use, it wasn't practical.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I just bait olimars and get them in the air and **** em. Phantasms really good but lasers arent too useful. remember we can 0-death them.

Denzi

Smash Master
ohhh......okay. Well, I watched a couple of vid of both players and I feel SK92 is more aggressive, while DEHF "pretends" to be aggressive to get in more hits / bait his opponent.
They might have been older vids of SK92 though, he was insanely aggressive.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I don't like camping and will try to play without, but depending on who I play and the match up I will be really campy. The same can be said about SK92.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What do I do when a snake walk approaches me?
What do I do when a snake is under me and I'm in a SH and doing a high laser?
What do I do against the crouching approach? My phantasm gets PS'd on reaction : (
why is snakes ftilt so gheeeeeey

Denzi

Smash Master
What do I do when a snake walk approaches me? Jabs and Grabs are cool guys.
What do I do when a snake is under me and I'm in a SH and doing a high laser? You shouldn't SHDL at that short of a range; SHL so if he gets under you you can switch it up and Dair or something.
What do I do against the crouching approach? My phantasm gets PS'd on reaction : ( Use cancels and stuff so you end up right behind him, then grab and win.
why is snakes ftilt so gheeeeeey You can live till 130% or so with good DI. And according to DEHF you can Usmash OoS between the two hits.
Answers in GREEN.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Okay so I tried flicking down on the C-stick instead of to the side to get the Reverse Boost Pivot Grab off. Not working for me. Its just awkward for my hands considering all the Mortarsliding, Boost Grabbing, Gatling Comboing I've done. Its weird but I can't do it consistently.

So I decide to do it the "wrong" way with the C-stick to the side and one day later I can do this AT in both directions at will now lol Been doing that sexy CG on my friend all day now lol

Thanks for the advice though Falco boards. Now I need to work on matchups.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Sweet I really need to up my Falco MU knowledge. I got all the ATs down finally. Falco's the only other character besides Snake that has brought me good results at Michigan tournaments. Plus there's only like 1 Falco main here. I figure ill rep the sexy bird If don't suck with him.

*goes to look at matchup rediscussons*

Denzi

Smash Master
ok so if i just press b at the end of the side b it will add forward momentum?

Heh, if only it were that easy. Once you start the side b you need to press B again. Depending on when you press it, you'll go hardly any distance, about half the distance, or the regular distance + extra momentum. You only have one frame (1/60th of a second) to hit each one though.

WIDL

We Are Born
Ok, I have two questions primarily.

1) Is there a recommended controll setting when you play Falco (I know this varies from person to person, but are there any spesific settings that really simplifies the way of playing Falco)?

2) How do you do that DACUS Grab-thingie? I know how to DACUS with Snake, but I can't seem do the DACUS Grab. :/
(+) - concerning the DACUS Grab - is there, again, a controll setting that simplifies the DACUS Grab?

Thank you, and sorry if these questions are already answered in another topic on the first page. Kinda new to these Brawl sections. :p

Edit: Nevermind the second question. I figured it out. :)

Is there any way to do a Boost pivot grab easily without a Cstick?
Simply change down-c-stick with the attack button.

The only disadvantage with this is that you can no longer do the animation as quickly. Down on the c-stick allowed you do BPG from a standing position without accidentally doing a forward smash. With the attack button, you have to run a few frames longer to avoid that period where a fsmash might come out.

Top Bottom