• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Asimio

Smash Apprentice
When G&W does his grab where he smacks you on the ground, when are you suppose to press your L or R button to get the tech? At the end of the third juggle?

Also How do you do your full DB quickly? If i press it too quickly it stops after the second or third hit. If i press B>forward>b>up>b>b(try it out) it comes out really fast. Can it be done that fast with other variations?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yes, you can tech the dthrow. Hit R or L 20 frames (1/3 of a second) before you hit the ground. I guess visually you could wait until you see the third juggle...

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
When G&W does his grab where he smacks you on the ground, when are you suppose to press your L or R button to get the tech? At the end of the third juggle?

Also How do you do your full DB quickly? If i press it too quickly it stops after the second or third hit. If i press B>forward>b>up>b>b(try it out) it comes out really fast. Can it be done that fast with other variations?
ive never had a problem, but i hold the direction i want, like forwardB>forwardB>forwardB>upB

idk what the problem is =\

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167

It's just a rhythm you'll eventually get down. Keep practicing and eventually you'll get it down 100%.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
prove what can't be DI'd

the fair is just for spacing, you can't link nair into it. you can only link fsmash into nair. and since it's a little difficult to time a nair's first hit and land, the fair gives you just enough time to get it off before you land
So the fair doesn't connect?

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
What is a good secondary for Marth? And another question, how do you deal with a MetaKnight? The MetaKnight i play loves to Roll Dodge behind me and do Dsmashes. Or he likes to do jabs and after that Dsmash. It is very annoying >.<

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
People will say snake d3 MK falco. But i like pika since he does really good against some of your bad match ups (snake and d3). As far as mk is concered if you can predict the roll you should be able to punish with Dancing blade.

Palpi

Smash Hero
LOL I am not sure. I main MK atm and I am probably switching back to marth, but if I know someone is MK I will do a MK ditto. I actually enjoy the MK ditto (one of my better match ups imo lol)

And if there mk is getting away with rolling behind you and dsmashing its prolly not the character's problem... though MK does do well against Marth.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
To answer Chileno: DB and maybe pivot Dtilt, those **** roll spammers, even MK.

To answer Backlash: Yes, most of them do hopefully. And we have to play on wifi again, rematch time.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Hello Marfs, it's me again,

After my first experience with a decent Snake, I noticed that after a while I started utilizing utilt and uair juggles a lot more than usual. From what I know of Snake's air game, that was the right thing to do.

Now I'm wondering, I've been studying quite a few tournament videos of this match-up, but never do Marth players (or at least the ones I see) limit their Fair and Dancing Blade game as much as I'm doing in the match-up.

Am I doing something wrong, or does the average Marth use too little vertical combat against Snake?

EDIT: Oh yes and Uthrow of course.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
To answer Chileno: DB and maybe pivot Dtilt, those **** roll spammers, even MK.

To answer Backlash: Yes, most of them do hopefully. And we have to play on wifi again, rematch time.
Fair enuff. I guess its only polite of me to give you a chance to break my sheild like i did yours lol. Unfortunatly D3 isnt someone i use so your sheild target will be rather harder to hit (ignoring mindgames of course).

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Hello Marfs, it's me again,

After my first experience with a decent Snake, I noticed that after a while I started utilizing utilt and uair juggles a lot more than usual. From what I know of Snake's air game, that was the right thing to do.

Now I'm wondering, I've been studying quite a few tournament videos of this match-up, but never do Marth players (or at least the ones I see) limit their Fair and Dancing Blade game as much as I'm doing in the match-up.

Am I doing something wrong, or does the average Marth use too little vertical combat against Snake?

EDIT: Oh yes and Uthrow of course.
If we could keep snake above us the whole match, believe me, we would.

But it's not like there is a "push here to juggle" button. We have to work to get inside his range and fair + dtilt are your safest pokes. Not using them would be bad.

Lord Chair

Smash Master

But it's not like there is a "push here to juggle" button. We have to work to get inside his range and fair + dtilt are your safest pokes. Not using them would be bad.
Well, not using dtilt and fair at all would be a little extreme of course. And of course I know that you cannot just get your opponent in the air just like that, but I often note that Marths do not use uair in situations in which it´s at least as capable of hitting as fair.

Also, utilt isn´t that bad. Coming out in frame 6 and having a backwards hitbox. Yes it´s punishable, nay it´s not impossible to land. Yet I rarely if ever see this move used against Snake.

Perhaps I´m missing the big picture? Please elaborate.

EDIT: And again, uthrow. Why not?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

^What he said.
Also, who said DB can't juggle? Do the up variation for "Super Special Awesome!" to happen.
Got to get in first b4 you begin to go for mass killing.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
you shouldn't use dtilt at all vs snake you will just get a knee to the face
if he shields the dtilt, knee won't reach unless the spacing was bad. the second hit of his ftilt won't even reach you if you space it really well, but i believe you can just shield that on reaction (after seeing the first ftilt) anyways. you can also follow the first dtilt up with another dtilt and the second hit of his ftilt definitely won't reach.

just tested this btw.

Top Bottom