• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

blukberry

Smash Cadet
ok thanks for clearing it up guys.
BTW when you use the n-air to approach do you press A at the top of your jump then fastfall or press A right when you jump then do the fastfall??

blukberry

Smash Cadet
But do you Nair immediately after you leave the ground or at the top of your jump. Thats whats confusing me. I always miss shorter characters (my brothers Diddy) when I do the Nair immediately after. And when I do it at the top of my jump, I dont autocancel. So which is better?

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
start the nair at the apex of the jump and hang in the air for the first swing then fall for the second one.
OR start just before the apex and fastfall once you can.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ahh, thanks for the note on nair, I had been using it on the way up instead of at the apex..... *facepalm*

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ahh, thanks for the note on nair, I had been using it on the way up instead of at the apex..... *facepalm*
Depends on the character, some characters (actually most of them) you need a rising nair to hit (basically anybody that's short), but against them, it's more of a of a counter/retreat move then a poke.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
XD Saying Marth is cheap is such a kick to the face when MK exists. How is he cheap? He's not. He has good range, but it can be punished by good spacing. He has a small grab range, he has few safe killing moves as all of his smashes have a lot of cooldown lag, he's a relatively light character as well, and D3's CG destroys him. He has bad matchups which just happen to be D3, Snake, And MK, the 3 considered to be the "best" in the game, if you will. He's not cheap at all. >_> nomoartrollpl0x

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I'm good at this game, dont judge my skills if you havent seen them. And im not a troll, im a human being.

How is he not cheap?
You didn't start off in the marth boards so well.

And yes you just committed and act that dubs you as a troll.

A character being cheap is something based off of opinion, so we cant answer that. And he is a beatable character if you know what you are doing.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Can't we flame him plllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee?
Sorry, this thread I have to follow the books. I don't play when it comes to help threads lol Since its about being a troll on the MARTH boards, take it to the General Discussion thread, or even my thread, but the PM box is your safest and best bet yo.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
For some reason I cannot correct AGR --> Nair or Fair consistently. I had the timing then it went poof 0.o Help... (this is a no joke post).

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
what decides bowsers movement in the bowsercide. when I'm him i can't seem to choose where it goes all the time and when im marth i end up off the edge 1/3 times.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
He has a small grab range
Actually, I thought that he had the 3rd best non-tether grab range in the game (The first two being Dedede and Charzard?)...... The drawback is that all his throws are very weak and do 5% damage, tops. They're only useful at very low percents (for combos), or for mindgames.

All your other information was accurate as far as I know. Marth is NOT cheap..... He was just slightly broken in Melee because of the Ken Combo.

what decides bowsers movement in the bowsercide..
Just DI in the air after you grab them and jump up.

The Character with the lower damage % typically has more control of it. If you're Bowser and you want to Bowsercide an opponent who has very low damage while yours is high, you need to grab them when you're very close to the ledge, and even then you might have to get lucky and have them not DI properly in the air after you grab them.

Time
Runs
Away

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Just DI in the air after you grab them and jump up.

The Character with the lower damage % typically has more control of it. If you're Bowser and you want to Bowsercide an opponent who has very low damage while yours is high, you need to grab them when you're very close to the ledge, and even then you might have to get lucky and have them not DI properly in the air after you grab them.

Time
Runs
Away
lol that makes sense. silly, zeus (=

fanks

Top Bottom