• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
all i can say is expect gayness that you probably arent use to being gayed with

benaji261!

Smash Ace
About the MLG rules, even if there's no double Ike teams, he still works well with Marth/Snake, and that his dthrow-footstool cg still works with almost anyone, the footstooler has to have good reads of course at high percents. The wiimote thing is kinda messed up though.

I haven't been able to remember most of what was talked about the past few pages but from what I gather, Mk, Falco, Marth, and DDD are all hard MUs for Ike because of the priority they have over Ike, plain and simple. Mk is self-explainable, Falco uses cg at low percents and attempt to spike along with spamming lasers, Marth is overall faster and if he's defensive(like Dannykat's omfg) then Ike's in trouble, and DDD has been discussed(cg, bair wall, etc).

This is all my opinion though, and sorry Bladeboys that you're having trouble with the English in the thread. If I remembered most of my 3 years in French I would try and help you. haha

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpPBq9TMxr4&feature=player_embedded

This Ganon SWF compilation is so cool to watch. Will the Ike Board ever have another one? *hopes to not get flamed for mentioning this... again*

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
The team attack off thing is going to cause massive distruction...

pit + falco team?
strong character + strong character?
MK + anybody becomes worse than it was before.

MK gets broken with team attack off.

nado holds the opponent in one place, opponent does **** move of choice and doesnt have to fear ****** mk with it, or gettin sucked into the nado himself.

nado to ike forward smash/eruption needs to happen.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Team Attack is on, apparently.

I'd like to point out that there simply isn't any reference to team attack, my hope is that it's an oversight.

Edit: It's been updated, the initial ruleset didn't include the doubles settings. Team attack is on.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
They changed the doubles rules.
TA is on, same characters on one team is allowed now.
Not sure how's the Wiimote situation.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
About another Ike forum CV, I doubt we can make one since I don't think any us are gdlk with editing.

metroid1117

Smash Master
25% damage versus 14% seems like a good deal. Remember that Aether has a ton more reach and won't diminish a KO move.

And I've had the glitch happen to me on Smashville as well. On Halberd you can get stuck in the middle of it, haha..
You'll only get the full 25% if your opponent doesn't expect it and fails to DI properly. After the first or second time, they'll start to adjust and SDI after the sword toss or even at the apex, making it riskier and riskier to do. It sounds like a good option to do initially, but not something that should be relied on unless the opponent is large and has a difficult time getting out of Aether.

Also, I honestly have no idea what glitch you're talking about; the only one I know of is the Blastoff glitch, but it's clearly not what you're talking about.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Welcome back Slaps! I'm just about as clueless as you are right now. ._.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Cause too many people be lurking. I always see 3-4 people in the "active users" section to discover that most of them aren't even posting.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Cause too many people be lurking. I always see 3-4 people in the "active users" section to discover that most of them aren't even posting.
If you ever see a user named "Foodies," she's someone who plays Marth/Ike at my school. We played pretty much every week last quarter, she lurks a lot but never posts.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I always tally it up to just being away from the computer.

There's some points where I'll technically be online for hours at a time, but it's only because I never closed my browser window.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If you ever see a user named "Foodies," she's someone who plays Marth/Ike at my school. We played pretty much every week last quarter, she lurks a lot but never posts.
Gonna have to start giving her the Metroid treatment.

Rep dat Ike son.

Also seems like this Ike user named Pain is going to WHOBO. He's often arrogant and full of himself, even though he's good, he's not THAT good. Just let me know how he does.
It's always fun to bring these kinda players down to Earth. Only for them to John about random things.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I just hate when people wifi so much that they think they're REALLY good, because they can beat their circle of friends. I'm actually trying to get out and get some offline experience, like hopefully going to Gainesville this weekend, and if I can't, I got April 10th to look forward to, cause it's in Navarre which is an hour away. :D

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I've been playing some "extensive" WiFi these last few days just for fun but it really opened my eyes to something : I am bad at every stage not named Battlefield. Battlefield is the stage that probably has about 70% of my total matches played on it and it shows. I played around 24 sets (am 15-9 atm) and almost always if I won at least once in the set (and I pretty much always went to game 3) my victory was on Battlefield. Whether it is me being VERY comfortable with the layout or just lack of experience on the opponents' part, I don't know. What I do know is that I definitely need to find a solid secondary stage because being good at one stage only won't do you many favors.

tl;dr I can talk the talk but can't walk the walk, except on Battlefield

Quickie Edit: My CP of choice has usually been Delfino but I am not particularly comfortable there either. I might begin to learn Castle Siege, though, as people forget about that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom