• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I find D3 easier then Falco. >_>

Somebody should continue the MU discussions. Because honestly, it's starting to get harder to keep up with all of the MU opinions around here. And there are some things that should be eventually fixed when it comes to other people's opinions. For example, there is a Falco that believes he'll never lose to an Ike by simply using laser and phantom. lol.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Right. Right.

First off Falco's phantasm is low priority. All Ike needs to know is what aerial, attack can interrupt Phantasm. Perfect shield/shielded Phantasm spam and punish where ever he lands. Perfect shield lasers works wonders against Falco. GGs

I cant tell you how much I love Bair'ing Falco out of it

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, it's weird. I don't think Ike does well at all vs marth, you with falco, burrito with olimar, others with DDD XD

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
well lets put it this way, if you dont wanna deal with a dumb MU. Get on another character you feel more comfortable with. Im not ever going to learn the DDD vs IC MU. Thats just all kinds of :(:(:(:( for me. So i'd much much rather prefer getting on Lucario/Snake for that. Same with the Falco, Olimar, Pikachu mu. Just use Lucy if i dont wanna go DDD. For MK? Snake because DDD gets ***** by nado spam easy.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm pretty sure MK ***** all of Ike's bad MUs lol.

EDIT: Except MK :(

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
I hate DDD's ;D
But I love bad DDD's lol
It's so funny to fight them. you can just **** them

But MK dittos are fun.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i would play MK but...its like...when i get on him..im not a heavy fatty anymore. That bothers my Meta game so much. I like living to stupidly high %s and not getting gayed at 90%

Like the only reason i play any other heavy decently is because I understand the weight class very well. Even my Ike is pretty decent

Albert.

Smash Master
my own opinion is that Falco is easier than DDD.

Both are pretty ghey for Ike to deal with! that's like half the fun of playing Ike, you have to overcome the ghey.

At least against Falco you can Jab a lot lol

Against DDD Jab can get Chain-grab *****. So I guess that means Ike has to Fair more, but It doesn't seem like he has the mobility to avoid the grab that well :/

Then DDD has him on the ledge... and air releases him over the ledge. DDD shouldn't throw Ike off, Ike can DI that. If DDD air Releases Ike, Ike is in a way worse position

WHICH is why I think that DDD is harder than falco.

I'm sure you've all already discussed this xD

Sorry for intruding or being redundant.

I want to be more active on the Ike boards what should I do?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just post more. Some people like to lurk and that's just no good!

Falco can't rack up as much damage as DDD past 60% *shrug*

I'm less afraid of what DDD actually does than what he can do (aka CG) which is why I'm overly cautious when playing good ones.

Btw:

About that Nintendo 3DS... http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=62016

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
You should post more right here :p

EDIT : hey San it's pretty hard for me at times to post a lot cause i'm french :(

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
why? if you have a hard time understanding whats being said ask

Just post more. Some people like to lurk and that's just no good!

Falco can't rack up as much damage as DDD past 60% *shrug*

I'm less afraid of what DDD actually does than what he can do (aka CG) which is why I'm overly cautious when playing good ones.

Btw:

About that Nintendo 3DS... http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=62016
thats the dumb thing about going up against DDD is the fixed knock back from Dthrow lasts untill 999% on any CG able character =\

i think honestly if Ike picks a good stage to go too[battlefield] he should be fine. There are some characters that can abuse the platforms better and/or use them to avoid being CGed. Thus enabling them to approach more safetly

Albert.

Smash Master
why? if you have a hard time understanding whats being said ask
Not trying to flame you or anything, but if you're trying to help somebody who's having trouble with English, please use clear and passable English. I had to read your sentence a couple times to get what you meant. xD

I think what you meant to say was "If you have a hard time understanding what's being said, ask."
Even better is:
"If you have a hard time understanding what's being said, just ask."

oh and
thats the dumb thing about going up against DDD is the fixed knock back from Dthrow lasts untill 999% on any CG able character =\
WTF
DDD's downthrow has fixed knockback?
WTF?

Then why does it matter if it's ever stale? (for followups out of DThrow besides continuing the CG.)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Staling the throw does some pretty strange things. But from what i've seen it mostly applies to things like the standing infinite to Mario/Luigi/Bowser/DK/Samus. If you stale the dthrow past 5 on the staling list the infinite doesnt work iirc. Since we normally work with the running chain grab, it typically doesnt matter that much if its staled past some point. Although theres nothing from keeping you from pummeling during each dthrow in the chain grab.

Here from Vayseth's thread on DDDs chaingrab

Vayseth said:
Chapter 2.1: Standard Chaingrab General Information

Did you know King Dedede's D Throw is actually two hits? Yes, if you go into training mode and perform a down throw you can see that there are two consecutive hits, each dealing 4% for a total of 8%. The first hit is the sitting down animation and the second hit comes from a waft that is created which sends the opponent away in the direction they were grabbed a set distance, regardless of how stale the D Throw is and what percent the opponent is at. The waft portion of the move can stale, from what we can tell, but the specifics of the throw in detail will be covered in the Standing Infinite Chaingrab section, since it effects how that move is performed.

What allows the chaingrab to work is after the hitstun has taken place the opponent lands. The hitstun is similar for every character. It involves the opponent turning slightly sideways in pain before finally landing in what I like to call "landing dust." If you played melee you'd know precisely what this looks like because to perform a wave dash you must leave the ground and land very quickly causing dust to appear as you're dashing. The same holds true in this game. Why the opponents move that set distance is because their hitstun is being directed in a specific direction at a set distance by the waft, the second hit of the King Dedede D Throw.
Source; http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237961&highlight=hate

From reading overall what you just posted you need to organize your thoughts alot more coherently before you post. Because i cant understand what your implying either. The guy said he was from france, meaning he might not be able to understand what we're saying if English wasnt his native language. Am i not allowed to help a guy out in understanding what we're discussing?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. kirk was actually the one that figured this out, staling ddds down throw actually INCREASES the knockback of the move, making it harder to follow up with it, and thus pushing the infinitable characters too far away to get infinited after the move gets staled enough.

2. What albert is saying is that if you are going to attempt to help someone whose native language isnt english, you should use proper grammar. And the fact that you have really bad grammar at times isnt going to help someone that has problems understanding English in the first place.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
This isnt exactly the most formal place :p i can be as relaxed as i want when i type

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
This place is not exactly formal or anything but, for the sake of those who might be reading this and not understanding it, I try to keep the stuff I type legible. I suggest others do the same, though of couse I'm not going to call you out on it.

I'm starting to think that Marth is a really frustrating match-up for Ike if he's played well and defensively. He can just react to most of your options in most situations :\

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
You guys are right about Marth.
Ike can do pretty well and hold his own against aggro Marth.
Ike has to be **** good to beat defensive "gay" Marth.

I know this very well, seeing as I play with a naturally aggro Marth all the time. He beats me more often than not, but I still do well and it comes close when I don't win. Every once in a while, he'll go campy. It becomes significantly harder. He and I both know this well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
^^^I've always loved watching Ryko vs Pierce. I think there is only one recent one though. However The recent one isn't defensive much so not a good example meh..

Palpi

Smash Hero
Ryko, i remember crews from like a year and half ago when you fsmashed pierce and I got 3 stocked by rookie...**** i was god awful then.

Usually against san, i start off playing smart and im usually doing well...then he fairs me and i do stupid ****.. and i rage and can't bring it back.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yeah that was him. Those days were fun..but I remember I got 3 stocked by Kid... we've only played doubles offline and singles online recently and the matches are close, though he is definitely better than me.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Some minor things I've had on my mind for a while and would like to share them with you guys for discussion:

1) What do you guys think of the viability of dashing away from an attack and doing a reverse Aether to punish the whiff? I don't think anyone can actually fully appreciate just how huge the slide boost on a grounded Aether is yet. Try it out and be amazed.

2) Did we ever figure out why reverse Aether suddenly makes you fly through the stage to your death sometimes while recovering? I can't be the only guy this happens to.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
BBrawl suxxxxx. Get that advertising outta here.

Kidding but if you're going to advertise an amazing Eruption you may as well showcase Brawl-.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Some minor things I've had on my mind for a while and would like to share them with you guys for discussion:

1) What do you guys think of the viability of dashing away from an attack and doing a reverse Aether to punish the whiff? I don't think anyone can actually fully appreciate just how huge the slide boost on a grounded Aether is yet. Try it out and be amazed.
I'd use Bair since I'm dashing away :l
Of course, if they're in the air or something and there's platforms around, maaaaaybe it could lead into something good.

2) Did we ever figure out why reverse Aether suddenly makes you fly through the stage to your death sometimes while recovering? I can't be the only guy this happens to.
If you mean on Battlefield where Ike spins on that curve and just ignores the walls, then I have no idea why it happens.
And I think I remember seeing Ike go through the lower level on the Halberd ship section lol

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Eh?

More details plz. What is this slide you speak of?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'd use Bair since I'm dashing away :l
Of course, if they're in the air or something and there's platforms around, maaaaaybe it could lead into something good.

If you mean on Battlefield where Ike spins on that curve and just ignores the walls, then I have no idea why it happens.
And I think I remember seeing Ike go through the lower level on the Halberd ship section lol
25% damage versus 14% seems like a good deal. Remember that Aether has a ton more reach and won't diminish a KO move.

And I've had the glitch happen to me on Smashville as well. On Halberd you can get stuck in the middle of it, haha..

Eh?

More details plz. What is this slide you speak of?
1) Pick Ike
2) Start a grounded Aether
3) Hold the control stick in the direction
4) buncha range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom