• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
i know watkins. Haven't played him offline, though. The people who have said he wasn't as good a people say, but he was decent from what I played of him online I guess lol.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
LOL, when I lurk metroid posts. When metroid lurks, I post.
I'm still trying to fix my Dazzle so I can upload the videos but meh it's not looking good right now. When I play Ike on Wifi, I do what san does: just play people with good connections. Playing people with bad connections just makes me frustrated and absolutely angry.
By the way, I have a really bad habit of playing my top A+ game against the best players, but playing only decently against some of the more semi-good players (offline and online). Is there a way to fix this? I think it's a really bad habit to have and mostly happens because of my mindset.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
LOL, when I lurk metroid posts. When metroid lurks, I post.
I'm still trying to fix my Dazzle so I can upload the videos but meh it's not looking good right now. When I play Ike on Wifi, I do what san does: just play people with good connections. Playing people with bad connections just makes me frustrated and absolutely angry.
By the way, I have a really bad habit of playing my top A+ game against the best players, but playing only decently against some of the more semi-good players (offline and online). Is there a way to fix this? I think it's a really bad habit to have and mostly happens because of my mindset.
Lol that's how it goes with everyone. You can't make yourself "focused" 100% of the time, especially if you know you can beat the guy. You could be losing against someone who you should be owning, but you still won't turn it on unless it goes to game 3, etc. However, when you play someone who is clearly an elite player, you feel like you have to play at your peak to win, so you just naturally perform better throughout the entire set.

It can be controlled consciously, but it's really difficult, cause you have to convince yourself to play like that 100% of the time. It's a huge task on your body physically and mentally. In all honesty, I feel like playing at a level like that for a long time can burn you out, and it won't help you perform at your best when it's most needed.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont lose. ever.

you play that way because you think you can sandbag and still win.

but if you play with the mindset that you cant ever lose, then itll help with that.

It helps if you have people that you know and play with that make fun of you and remember every single time you lose and every solitary person you lose to.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think Kimchi needs a dose of Kratos in his blood. Always out for vengeance, shouting no matter where he goes, and not giving a rat's *** what he does to his opponents.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I really don't like going in with the mindset that I won't lose because that's when I mess up the most, and whenever I do lose while in that mindset, I become very disappointed in myself, and that screws over the rest of the day for me.

Kimchi, you're still having problems with the Dazzle recorder? Just give me the replay files and I'll record them for you. I need to record some stupid stuff myself, so why not record yours as well?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'm not a big fan of the "can't lose" mindset either due to a couple of reasons. The first one is that you really start to make a lot of mistakes if you ARE losing during the match. "Oh ****, I'm down 2%. That's only a jab away, though. Come on, get jabbed, **** you. ****, I took another hit. Don't worry, I can Fair my way out of this." and so on, and so forth. It's a great mindset if you are at an advantage, though. Also like Mr. Doom said if you lose with the "can't lose" mindset you feel pretty bad afterwards.

In other news I am going to vanish for a little while due to some external issues, but don't worry too much. I'm not dead or anything.

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
fsmash on wifi is overpowered.
Playing wifi at good connections isn't that bad, srsly.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Like it just makes me kind of disappointed to lose to someone I know I can beat, especially in brackets. When I have a chance to actually place top 8, I always choke and lose to someone that I know I can beat with my A+ game. I always seem to do well for like more than four bracket matches then I develop that "I can beat anyone" mindset and get overconfident and lose. I suppose the best way to handle it is to just think positively throughout the game as opposed to thinking "I won't lose," because as Mr. Doom said, I feel worse if I lose when I think I won't lose. When there's something on the line for me though, I always forget that and I start to play impatiently and sloppy.

@ Mr. Doom, I don't know, I'll have to play around with my Dazzle a little bit to see if I could still make it work. As of now though, I'm having some problems.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Fully charged Eruption on Castle Siege's statues will seem to work on players who never heard about it lolol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
san played our friend dr.G yesterday. mk vs ike

he started charging eruption on the statue.

*note, hes already died to this like 3 times already, and Dr.G is about 80% deaf.

I scream at the top of my lungs, "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT DO IT!"

I KNOW he heard me.

Dr. G dies at 80 to full charged eruption.

I was sad... ish is gay.

and for the record, pikapika has been doing this with pikas f smash for a long time now, its just that pika f smash isnt as utterly destructive as eruption.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I can only do it cause his MK isn't very tough lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Like it just makes me kind of disappointed to lose to someone I know I can beat, especially in brackets. When I have a chance to actually place top 8, I always choke and lose to someone that I know I can beat with my A+ game. I always seem to do well for like more than four bracket matches then I develop that "I can beat anyone" mindset and get overconfident and lose. I suppose the best way to handle it is to just think positively throughout the game as opposed to thinking "I won't lose," because as Mr. Doom said, I feel worse if I lose when I think I won't lose. When there's something on the line for me though, I always forget that and I start to play impatiently and sloppy.

@ Mr. Doom, I don't know, I'll have to play around with my Dazzle a little bit to see if I could still make it work. As of now though, I'm having some problems.
It doesn't matter if you can bring your "A+" game or not. Chances are, your opponent isn't bringing his "A+" game all the time either. Especially if you are losing to these people consistently or sometimes, they aren't gonna try their hardest on you. Honestly, it's a stupid thing to complain about cause it's really rare to see someone go all out 100% of the time and maintain that status throughout a tourny.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its cause of those videos that goldie made, Mia's popularity increased cause she went soo long without losing.. and beat stronger people cause of crits XD though its fun watching an upset

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I'm guessing Xyro got banned lol
I got 17th/52 yesterday at Bum's.
I was satisfied with my in-game performance :3

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
good stuff red,ur getting alot better at the MK MU xD
castle seige too good,eruption works lmao

keep it up!
AND WHO AtE ALL THE PIZZA!?!?
you probably had like 5 slices,greedy asian!

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Saying this now for all Ikes going to whobo, we gotta all go out and have an ike feast some time during whobo lol.

Also, Brett... Tell us about phase. I heard about the Sethlon incedent. **** luck man. =\

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Slaps, I'm down for it of course though usually, everyone ends up going to the same place after HOBO anyways. Not like any of us have a car so we just have to follow our driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom