• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashley for SSBB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
1) Warioware is trying to represent it's own series (for sales most likely), a second rep that has nothing to do with the Mario series is perfect for this.
2) Ashley is liked enough in Japan to make the homepage of the Japanese prediction site.
3) Ashley is a spell caster, something this game really doesn't have enough of.
4) Ashley is female, again, something this game does not have enough of.
5) Although a bit of a combination of 4 and 5, Ashley will add diversity, with a unique fighting style it will certainly contribute to giving the game a larger range of different characters.
6) Her theme song just rocks too friggen hard.
7) In two years she becomes legal.

Wait, forget point 7.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Man, what took you guys so long. I was almost the touched to death, oh well. At least we can now think of some more move sets for her, I will start for a change. :)

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Actually the number of reps is usually based on how important the franchise is... and Wario ware certainly isn't as important as Donkey Kong...

man this is just not completely true :/. Dont get me wrong, i know DK is a legend in NIntendo in comparison with wario ware... but he is just not as cool as he was like 10 years ago. Is golden era was with the DK country games...and those games right now are just a good memory. His current games are a joke sadly.
While warioware at least is famous right now on the WII, and at least offer soemthing that can be exploited right now.... but DK.. more than nostalgia, i dont think so :S

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey hety hey whats with the legolas bunch? xD i just go out from work to house and suddenly i find an orgy here! wassup peeps! :/ ?.

Hey Legolas, you are a cool guy. I really respect your opinion and your arguments about ashley,. i tho we agreed last time about the differences and the tastes we had. I understand that you have a campaign against ashley, and while i dont know why you try so hard to bring her down, i accept your tastes pal, so what is all the fuss?.

Its not necessary to bring the whole bunch to underline the points you already stated!. Ok, you wanted some reasons for her to be in Brawl? Dragonblood stated them very well!.
You think they lack some strong solid proof to be a good reason? you think is not good enough for your standards? hey thats fine also!.

Its very sure that some characters have just much more going for them to be selected as PC, and im talking about Ridley, but it doesnt mean we cannot wish another char that we like to enter the Brawl. You may like the pterodactil a lot, but there will be always people like me who guess what? Are not metroid fans and dont like the flying dinosaur!.

So in conclution... what you guys wanna hear? tell me.... besides some "good reasona" for ashley to be in Brawl. What we stated earlier is what we think and what we believe. If you dont like or dont agree with it, well we cant do anything for you guys then :s

In my case,, i support ashley because i really like her model and her possible moveset.... i dont give a penny if she is not Mario´s lover or DK party buddy.... the sole reason that i like teh character is enough for me to want her in Brawl!
A weak reason ? definitely... but is more than enough for me ;)

So.. i really invite you all to come here when she is deconfirmed and start the gangbanging again!

You are all welcome , really :) just chill out!
I was just arguing with a guy about Ashley because he mentioned her music like it confirmed her... and then for some reason he started bashing against me for supporting a popular character.

Welcome new people to the Ashley thread!

.. Wait a second, your just here to bash on a character but not really have much of a reason besides "This thread phails, LOL! SHE HAS NO CHANCES LOL!" never mind. I created a topic directed at people just like you bunch, I suggest you go read it, learn something.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=123178

Secondly, there are more reasons why she should be in the game than you think. And no, it's not because of her song contrary to belief. I posted this earlier today, and instead of saying the exact same **** thing over and over again, I'll copy and paste the old post. You'll find this similar to what you guys are asking, only in a much proper, friendlier manner.

Oh, and because I see this coming, do not throw at me something like "I'm not going to read that wall o text lol!" because you want reasons, and I'm giving you them. If your too lazy to read my reasons, then your obviously just either being close minded or trolling.

Old post:

How is she that popular?
Well, as we know Nintendo is a Japanese company, while she may not be so popular here, she actually is quite popular in Japan and very much liked. The Japanese prediction site included her on the front page, with many of the bigger candidates such as Ridley, King dedede, and many others (I do not have a link to it, if anyone does please post it). This should give you a clue as to how popular she is in Japan and how liked she is if she's up there with Ridley on the site.

Wow she is popular on a Japanese fan site!!?!/! doesn't change the fact that she is un important.

Would another WarioWare character be more recognizable?
Certainly not. The only character that really comes close to more recognizable is Mona and maybe 9 volt, and this is only for Americans. As I have stated she is very popular in japan, and any Nintendo fan in Japan would almost immediately recognize her.

Why would the WARIOware series need another character?[
First, I'm going to start by your obvious capitalization of Wario. Because the series is called "Warioware" does not make the other characters any less significant. Last time I check, the Super MARIO series has Bowser and Peach playable. Characters that have nothing to do with the name. Okay, now for the actual question, why does the Warioware deserve the 2nd rep? First, let's look at what Nintendo did, making Wario represent his own series. This obviously means they want Waroware to stand alone as it's separate game, and get it's own attention. What better way to make it get it's own attention in Brawl than adding another character that has nothing to do with the Mario series what so ever and is only linked to Warioware? As I have stated before, Ashley is by far the most popular, especially in Japan, so she would definitely be the 2nd rep of Warioware if they were to give one.

But there really isn't going to be one... Wario has his own series like Yoshi and DK (Who are related to the Marioverse as well) thats why they didn't make him Mario... because he isnt a Mario character.

But thats the thing... 2 Warioware reps? Why? considering that the franchise is not that big and no matter how much you try to deny it Ashley still only plays an important role for 1/8 of the game.

Now, the arguments as to what she would add to Brawl. As we all know, Brawl is lacking female characters, and also lacking spell casters. Ashley happens to be a female spell caster, ding ding ding, we have a winner! Ashley would fill in spots this game lacks and do it in a unique style. With the ability to have a pet (Red) and the amount of things she can do being a witch, I guarantee you her move set will be quite different from any one else. Diversity is what makes this game so great, the ability combine multiple characters with different fighting styles is what keeps our interest and makes it fun for everyone, because everyone can pick their own character that suits them.

Michaih?... Zelda? None of those ring a bell? how about Peach and Samus... and Lucas and Mewtwo and some other I think.

So really, why shouldn't Ashley be in Brawl? Importance? In my opinion (and apparently Sakurai's too, as he said he doesn't want only important characters in Brawl) importance is over-ruled by things such as what was stated above.

Importance still plays a large role... he doesn't only want important characters but he likely means ones like Sukapon or lesser characters from some franchises.(Even though I doubt the viability of your claim)

So here's my summary list of why she should be in:
1) Warioware is trying to represent it's own series (for sales most likely), a second rep that has nothing to do with the Mario series is perfect for this. - Which is repped by Wario... which is more than enough for the series.
2) Ashley is liked enough in Japan to make the homepage of the Japanese prediction site.-That site honestly means nothing... I get sick of people quoting it.
3) Ashley is a spell caster, something this game really doesn't have enough of.-Not a major factor but it would help
4) Ashley is female, again, something this game does not have enough of.- Which should at least be partially fixed by Krystal and Michaich (Who fills all the roles of Ashley).
5) Although a bit of a combination of 4 and 5, Ashley will add diversity, with a unique fighting style it will certainly contribute to giving the game a larger range of different characters.-Every character does that... and again Micaiha and Zelda who are practically the same people.

:: End of old post ::

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ok I can only think of B moves, right now I will work on A moves right now.

Standard B: Red Lightning: Mock the name, but this will make Red in a form of a staff, Ashely will shoot out the lightning by charging up, (of course you can hold the charge), and depending on how much you charge it, the range and power will be great, (just like Samus Charge Blast) and fire it at will. Quote, this strike will look like the real lightning strike but the range will come to an end depinding on how far you charge, but will go pass the whole stage if charged completley.

Side B: Red Fork: (Well all I can think of Red for the beginging an attack for Ashley), this will make Red from into a Fork, (a devils fork of course), and stab your enemies. Quote, this is a quick attack and don't have a lot of range, (to at least 1/4 of a reguler stage), and it is not a strong knockback attack, but you can do at least three combos with it.

Up B: Red Broom: (You guessed it), Red will take a form of a Broom, with this Ashley can fly with it. Quote, Ashley is able to glide with the broom like a character glide, but for only two seconds. Also, Ashley is invincible while turning Red into a broom, but vunreble to attacks when she glides.

Down B: Red Dark Portal: (I don't like her final smash to be a portal so I did this), Red will take a form of a baton and spin really fast and a dark portal will form, this will reflect attacks coming at you and if your enemies get too close, they get sucked into the portal for a seconed and spit out in another. Quote, this attack has a strong knockback, but has lag time to start if you are not ready to use it. Also the reflect can't be damaged or broken, (as you see with characters like Fox, Mario, Zelda etc.), this attack is short range to, so think of a right way to use it.

That's it for B moves, now for the A. What do you think?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I like the idea of Red turning into more than two things, but why you don't like her vortex to be a final smash?
Umm, I will think of her final smash, as for now my head hurts. I can't play games and type at the same time. But I was hoping you like the move set though.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I will take your word for it Sleepy.

Ashley Final Smash: Hell Fire: A powerful Final Smash indeed, Red will fuse with Ashley, then they will create a hugh earthquake and fire will come from the ground and burn all enemies cought in it. If they are close to the ground, it will do major damage and could cause them to die at a fair amount of precent. Quote, the fire can still damage you a lot, but if you are on the ground, it will cause major and dastardly prcent, try to stay airborn if you don't want to get hit.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Well, I am glad to see the three stooges gone (there were 3 of them, correct?).

Any who, just a little bit longer!! (29 hours about) till Halloween!

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
If anything, in her final smash she will grant kids to hell lol.

Even if Halloween comes by and she is not announced, we should not lose faith.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Yhea well his comment was completely irrelevant... he just said it to try to undermine us.
I know,

Dragonblood that was not necessary, ill stay with your earlier points.

They hav much right to defend their ideas.... as we have the same right but no insults please it only aggravates the situation :(

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
I have some friends from other boards ready to burn down Sakurai's house if Ashley gets in as an AT.

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
I have some friends from other boards ready to burn down Sakurai's house if Ashley gets in as an AT.
No offense, but burning down someones' house over a character's appearance would be idiotic. Besides, I doubt your "Friends" would know where Sakurai's house would be located.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I know,

Dragonblood that was not necessary, ill stay with your earlier points.

They hav much right to defend their ideas.... as we have the same right but no insults please it only aggravates the situation :(
Whatever.

The only reason I'm not continuing this is because the arguments came to a halt, and I don't want to start them again.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Whatever.

The only reason I'm not continuing this is because the arguments came to a halt, and I don't want to start them again.
lets continue talking about halloween better :D

its getting closer!!

Will the ashley gang get wipped to oblivion? will ashley be a PC?

on wednesday we will know :p so dont miss it jejeje

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom