• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Artsy Omni "Smashifies" Banjo & Kazooie

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Just like how Mega Man wasn't going to happen or Sonic never happening in Smash and yet... Here we are.
Those are completely different situations. Sonic and Mega Man are owned by third party publishers, but Microsoft is a direct competitor. Why would Nintendo want to advertise an IP that they'll never have access to? They would gain absolutely nothing by adding Banjo to Smash, and this is coming from a huge fan of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise.

The Groose

Smash Rookie
If Banjo does make it into smash, I think nintendo will have a hard time topping this art!

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Those are completely different situations. Sonic and Mega Man are owned by third party publishers, but Microsoft is a direct competitor. Why would Nintendo want to advertise an IP that they'll never have access to? They would gain absolutely nothing by adding Banjo to Smash, and this is coming from a huge fan of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise.
^ This.

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
I saw this video 5 minutes after it came out on YouTube... I was going to make it my avatar but I'm too lazy! :drshrug:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Hahaha, sorry! It's driven by suggestions, so the only reason it's been third parties so far is because they've been the loudest suggestions. =P

But rest assured, Nintendo characters are coming very soon!
Ah, gotcha. Then I guess I probably won't be seeing Tetra Smashified anytime soon? Oh well. Thanks for the reply though. I still love seeing your work, and I'll continue to support you. ;)

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Absolutely nothing? What about revenue from the actual DLC and Amiibos? Please don't forget this is also DLC for Nintendo's game anyway and you can't really control what people want to vote for, let them vote for whoever they want.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely nothing? What about revenue from the actual DLC and Amiibos? Please don't forget this is also DLC for Nintendo's game anyway and you can't really control what people want to vote for, let them vote for whoever they want.
Nintendo is going to have to pay Royalties...lots of them.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Hahaha, sorry! It's driven by suggestions, so the only reason it's been third parties so far is because they've been the loudest suggestions. =P

But rest assured, Nintendo characters are coming very soon!
Did you see my suggestions? Those characters could really benefit from being smashified, as it could get them some popularity and more fans.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Nintendo is going to have to pay Royalties...lots of them.
They already do that with Mega Man and Sonic and Pac-Man anyway. In fact, my Mega Man amiibo has Capcom on the bottom of the trophy base. I just like how people can vote for whoever they want, don't poop on their dreams if it makes them happy.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
They already do that with Mega Man and Sonic and Pac-Man anyway. In fact, my Mega Man amiibo has Capcom on the bottom of the trophy base. I just like how people can vote for whoever they want, don't poop on their dreams if it makes them happy.
The difference is Banjo is not going to come to Nintendo consoles while the others are. Nintendo ultimately gains nothing.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
The difference is Banjo is not going to come to Nintendo consoles while the others are. Nintendo ultimately gains nothing.
I know he won't lol, we all do. And you're ignoring my Paid DLC and amiibo point, they still get paid even if a percentage goes to Microsoft. I know it's a pipe dream but let us have some fun.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
I was one of the people that got super salty over his Rayman leak but when I was playing with my friend and we watched the video, we both screamed, it's perfect

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
There's a difference between pooping on people's dreams because your an a-hole, and trying to give people a sense of realism so they are not as disappointed in the end.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
There's a difference between pooping on people's dreams because your an a-hole, and trying to give people a sense of realism so they are not as disappointed in the end.
Don't worry, I know Banjo has a very, very slim chance. I'm just concerned on the former. I'm very much aware of Banjo's actual chances but I'm still happy to talk about him in Sm4sh.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
They could get just as much money by developing characters that they actually own, ridley and K Rool for example. Plus, Banjo isn't as well known as people like to think. He had 2 popular games on the N64 then fell off the map only to return with a game most fans hated on a competitors console

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
They could get just as much money by developing characters that they actually own, ridley and K Rool for example. Plus, Banjo isn't as well known as people like to think. He had 2 popular games on the N64 then fell off the map only to return with a game most fans hated on a competitors console
Good points, it's pretty obvious right now Nintendo characters will take priority over 3rd parties. I actually expect K. Rool to be the Smash Ballot winner tbh. Banjo is just very wishful thinking.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention, DK64 sold way better than BK as well as all the other DK games. King K. Rool is honestly IMHO is what Rare fans need to be voting for. He's first party and has a legit shot.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I don't understand why people want banjo in smash 4 you and I both know why that will never happen.
With that attitude it won't!

(I'm aware of the hoops Nintendo would have to potentially jump through to do this though, seriously speaking)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This is a great way to get support for characters for the Ballot.

@ Artsy Omni Artsy Omni , thank you for doing what you do. As a longtime B&K fan, this was great to see. Hopefully, we see the likes of Isaac, Takamaru, Toon Zelda, Pichu, Mach Rider, King K. Rool, and many others featured in the future. I'm cool with the 3rd parties, too :). Great job as always!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Now hold on a minute. Sonic I will give you, but not Mega Man. Name me one game that we have seen Mega Man on a Nintendo platform, not naming the MegaMan ZX series. Hell, Mega Man wasn't really seen on the ZX except for maybe one game. Nintendo isn't gaining anything by asking Capcom for use of Mega Man either. I will give you Sonic because Sega is still giving Sonic some work with Nintendo even though Sonic Boom looks like the last game we will ever see of the Blue Blur. However, I cannot give you Mega Man since we haven't seen an inkling of the Blue Bomber on a Nintendo console for years whereas the last time we saw him was for Mega Man 10 on PSN and XBLA around a few years ago..

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Now hold on a minute. Sonic I will give you, but not Mega Man. Name me one game that we have seen Mega Man on a Nintendo platform, not naming the MegaMan ZX series. Hell, Mega Man wasn't really seen on the ZX except for maybe one game. Nintendo isn't gaining anything by asking Capcom for use of Mega Man either. I will give you Sonic because Sega is still giving Sonic some work with Nintendo even though Sonic Boom looks like the last game we will ever see of the Blue Blur. However, I cannot give you Mega Man since we haven't seen an inkling of the Blue Bomber on a Nintendo console for years whereas the last time we saw him was for Mega Man 10 on PSN and XBLA around a few years ago..
Megaman 1-10 (minus 8) and the first 3 X games, then there's mega man legends, Starforce and battle network. Mega Man was a gaming icon on the NES

Sidenote, "even though Sonic Boom looks like the last game we will ever see of the Blue Blur." hahaha, that's cute. We all know sega is gonna continue to ***** out sonic until they eventually go under

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Banjo Kazooie used to be a Nintendo franchise... same with Rayman
I'm fully aware of Banjo's history. Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that he's third party now. What I'm not aware of is your claim that Rayman used to be Nintendo too. Feel free to fill me in.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm fully aware of Banjo's history. Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that he's third party now. What I'm not aware of is your claim that Rayman used to be Nintendo too. Feel free to fill me in.
Rayman was never a Nintendo franchise, but Nintendo have published Rayman games in Japan.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Megaman 1-10 (minus 8) and the first 3 X games, then there's mega man legends, Starforce and battle network. Mega Man was a gaming icon on the NES

Sidenote, "even though Sonic Boom looks like the last game we will ever see of the Blue Blur." hahaha, that's cute. We all know sega is gonna continue to ***** out sonic until they eventually go under
I mean recently, not all of the Mega Man games throughout the franchise. Probably should've specified that earlier, my bad.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Hey guys, don't forget that when Omni does it doesn't mean it's de-confirmed! He's already been announced as a possible DLC character and has all the chances now so don't lose hope!

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Hey guys, don't forget that when Omni does it doesn't mean it's de-confirmed! He's already been announced as a possible DLC character and has all the chances now so don't lose hope!
Haha, yeah definitely. If Smashified can play a part in a character actually getting into the game, I would be supremely honored!

D

Deleted member

This one doesn't look like a Smash 4 character, looks more like something that would appear in Brawl.

Morin0

Smash Lord
So this is something I've noticed in these types of videos where artists copy from another source to use in their art project (e.g., using DK from smash 4 as a source for Banjo's fur.) What exactly happens there? I know some very, very basic Photoshop, and I've done something similar using the clone tool. It seldom produces a nice result.(Probably because I'm a noob.) Is this all that it is? How hard would it be to create the fur from scratch?

Top Bottom