• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Artsy Omni "Smashifies" Banjo & Kazooie

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
So this is something I've noticed in these types of videos where artists copy from another source to use in their art project (e.g., using DK from smash 4 as a source for Banjo's fur.) What exactly happens there? I know some very, very basic Photoshop, and I've done something similar using the clone tool. It seldom produces a nice result.(Probably because I'm a noob.) Is this all that it is? How hard would it be to create the fur from scratch?
Basically all I'm doing there is plopping some official art in there for me to use as visual reference as I try to replicate the look and feel of various things, as well as occasionally providing something that I can use as a point sample for color. I suppose I could have tried using the clone stamp tool to create the fur effect, but I find it easier to just make it from scratch, since compositing different parts from different sources is often quite cumbersome, at least in my experience.

Cody645

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cody645
3DS FC
5429-7944-5036
I think the saddest part is that this may be the closest we'll ever see Banjo and Kazooie entering Smash. I have high hopes, I don't wanna be "that guy". I love Banjo-Kazooie and I really want them in. Let's not give up!

xDroppinitial

Smash Rookie
NNID
xDr0ppin24
3DS FC
3239-5093-2792
Absolutely nothing? What about revenue from the actual DLC and Amiibos? Please don't forget this is also DLC for Nintendo's game anyway and you can't really control what people want to vote for, let them vote for whoever they want.
Those are completely different situations. Sonic and Mega Man are owned by third party publishers, but Microsoft is a direct competitor. Why would Nintendo want to advertise an IP that they'll never have access to? They would gain absolutely nothing by adding Banjo to Smash, and this is coming from a huge fan of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise.
Those are completely different situations. Sonic and Mega Man are owned by third party publishers, but Microsoft is a direct competitor. Why would Nintendo want to advertise an IP that they'll never have access to? They would gain absolutely nothing by adding Banjo to Smash, and this is coming from a huge fan of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
w8 a minute here m80s. Duck hunt dog has a duck(NAWHHH) on his back- Banjo has Kazooie. Duck hunt has clay disks- Banjo and Kazooie have puzzle pieces. EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOU'RE LIVES A SIXTH CLONE IS COMING!!!! :crazy::skull:
BECOME A FALCON, AND HELP DESTROY THE TIER LIST!!! :falcon64::falconmelee::falcon::4falcon::porttown:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Rareware does not deserve a spot. If anything K.Rool is the only Rare related character who should be in. But Banjo is dead.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I thought artsy omni was working on this:

I need to know who was the artist responsible for this thumbs up. #REAL YUHUCK!

Last edited:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
This actually makes me really depressed because I know it won't ever happen, more than likely.

Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie are still my top two favorite games of all time. Long live the old Rare (Ware).

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
I thought artsy omni was working on this:

I need to know who was the artist responsible for this thumbs up. #REAL YUHUCK!
it's sean hicks, he made the way more superior banjo kazooie render. go follow his progres, he's even making a reveal trailer to go along with it.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
it's sean hicks, he made the way more superior banjo kazooie render. go follow his progres, he's even making a reveal trailer to go along with it.
I wish I knew about this guy before I did mine. =P Looks like I gotta keep pushing myself to improve!!

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
The 1 thing to gain: Happiness of fans. Possibly more DLC sales because of it. win-win, right? Kinda, but also I remember someone saying that it would advertise Banjo-Kazooie for Microsoft, then they can develop a new Banjo-Kazooie game and get more sales.

But is there so much wrong with that? As long as everyone's making money who cares?

I guess from the eyes of rivals though, they would rather have their rival companies go down so people have to buy stuff from themselves.

Thy Knight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1461-7542-0706
Wow, this man is truly talented. And the get jiggy with it slogan/entro? Brilliant! I'm dropping all my mains if Banjo actually comes out. I don't even care if he's like Pichu in Melee, I'd still get Jiggy with it.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
To bad that this is not gonna happen in the actual game... I mean the thing is, with Banjo being pushed by his developer its quite obvious that they are gonna do something with this character in an upcoming game or series... BUT i feel as if they are not pushing for the fans but for the cash... I understand that they are a company but i dont think nintendo wants to make their competition even harder by advertising for them...

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Nintendo seriously needs to see the artwork this man makes by himself, with no help or assistance by his side, or a team working together to make one picture.

EITHER WAY I NEED BANJO KAZOOIE IT WOULD MAKE ME LOVE SMASH 4 AGAIN :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
I wish I knew about this guy before I did mine. =P Looks like I gotta keep pushing myself to improve!!
so i've heard, seeing sean is actually a friend of mine i was just here to support him.

my apologies for my cocky comment, you did a fine job on yours too man, and i'm a huge fan of your shovel knight.

looking forward to your next render!

Top Bottom