• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
It was posted in the ARK IV Facebook Event Page that there will be about 40 Meleers attending the tournament. I don't know if those numbers are accurate, but if they are, I think we'll need at least 7 setups or so to get the tournament moving at a good pace. I know I've said this a lot of times, but we'll need you guys to bring whatever you can. The more the merrier.

Melee doesn't have to be done within the two hours btw. You can run Melee singles and teams at the same time or wait until one is done (or wait until stations open up as the singles tournament winds down). You guys are free to run it however you see fit. I know we can bring at least one Melee setup, maybe two. However the second one we have- the memory card died and he doesn't have save data. If you guys know of a way to transfer it, then we can get his GC and game.

Anyway, like I said, unfortunately none of the main organizers play Melee so the burden of bringing setups is on you guys. I wish it wasn't the case, but that's what we ask of every game's group.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
It was posted in the ARK IV Facebook Event Page that there will be about 40 Meleers attending the tournament. I don't know if those numbers are accurate, but if they are, I think we'll need at least 7 setups or so to get the tournament moving at a good pace. I know I've said this a lot of times, but we'll need you guys to bring whatever you can. The more the merrier.

Melee doesn't have to be done within the two hours btw. You can run Melee singles and teams at the same time or wait until one is done (or wait until stations open up as the singles tournament winds down). You guys are free to run it however you see fit. I know we can bring at least one Melee setup, maybe two. However the second one we have- the memory card died and he doesn't have save data. If you guys know of a way to transfer it, then we can get his GC and game.

Anyway, like I said, unfortunately none of the main organizers play Melee so the burden of bringing setups is on you guys. I wish it wasn't the case, but that's what we ask of every game's group.
Yeah, the memory cards are def transferable.

We'll probably run teams first as well. It's generally done that way because people use it to warm up for singles. Singles is also more hype, and you always lose entrants doing any event after it's over.

KOS-MOS isn't coming

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the memory cards are def transferable.

We'll probably run teams first as well. It's generally done that way because people use it to warm up for singles. Singles is also more hype, and you always lose entrants doing any event after it's over.

KOS-MOS isn't coming
That's fine as long as people know. I'll try to get the info out there.
EDIT: Let me know if this is confirmed. It might be a last minute change for some people so I'm hoping there aren't any complaints but it makes sense to me so I'll do it if that's what you guys want.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Friendship is Magic has officially passed Devour I in views.

We all knew it was only a matter of time.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
That Zane fame

How 'bout I post up only the most embarrassing moments in your smash history and call it "Devoured" ;)
You'd have plenty of moments to do so.

Luckily I'm remembered for the few brief moments of awesomeness that overshadow the host of embarrassing times I get owned :D

And I look forward to playing you too Wretched, I love meeting and playing new smashers.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah. I saw Devour a while back and I saw you in this thread and I was like "**** SON"
I'm really bad though, soooo.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Well, I moderate this region so I have to lurk threads, just to make sure nobody is talking bout drugs or alcohol or censor dodging (You can do whateverthe****else you want though, as long as other users are cool with it)
I heard that IHSB sometimes stops by Springfield, and I saw him in here, and then I saw you in here, and I was like HYPE.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Well, I moderate this region so I have to lurk threads, just to make sure nobody is talking bout drugs or alcohol or censor dodging (You can do whateverthe****else you want though, as long as other users are cool with it)
I heard that IHSB sometimes stops by Springfield, and I saw him in here, and then I saw you in here, and I was like HYPE.
Oh wow, that's a busy job that moderating is then. Lol, glad that you stopped by. Yeah, I need to come back to Springfield, we've had some good times there. Ziv's mad cool.

Glad you recognized me, and hope to play sometime.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Terrible brackets for singles melee
I hate only playing 3 games because I lose to arbustos in losers in a 35 man tourny.
But the outcome of the tourny turned out awesome. And I got a lot of good friendlies in.
So it turned out great

Vts

Smash Champion
Terrible brackets for singles melee
I hate only playing 3 games because I lose to arbustos in losers in a 35 man tourny.
But the outcome of the tourny turned out awesome. And I got a lot of good friendlies in.
So it turned out great
a lot of upsets so the bracket was made expecting people to beat people and when it didn't happen then it got screwed up

o well stuff happens

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Vids will go up overnight. Most of the upsets/interesting sets didn't get recorded.

MIST and Super Bit Wars make me sad. Such good matches probably won't see the light of day (aka Youtube) because they were livestreamed instead. MIST especially. It's just a matter of work displacement for the uploader :\

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I've only seen the first episode, which is deceptively lighthearted to offset and frame the later depressing stuff. Basically a happy kid gets confronted with everything that is wrong with this world.

I wager it'll be effective.

Vts

Smash Champion
well my parents want me to study for this A+ certification since my brother is also doing it and they think he doesn't have the right mind set and i said i'd love for that job.

So about to study like a crazy man in order to learn it and stuff so i can maybe get a 70k job that's opening up where I have connections at.

only problem is hours are 11-7 pm-am or midnight to 8 am. (weekends off)

but 70k a year would be balling

Top Bottom