• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
well my parents want me to study for this A+ certification since my brother is also doing it and they think he doesn't have the right mind set and i said i'd love for that job.

So about to study like a crazy man in order to learn it and stuff so i can maybe get a 70k job that's opening up where I have connections at.

only problem is hours are 11-7 pm-am or midnight to 8 am. (weekends off)

but 70k a year would be balling
We could be Night Shift Buddies!

-edit- After actually clicking the MTG link I remember how much I hate spark-esque persoanlity quizes with really obvious answers that have no thought put into them.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Results posted: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311110

BONUS OFFER

If you visit The Traveling Circus's site (http://thetravelingcircus.net/) and comment on the Results thread (the above link) with your favorite shirt style (i.e. PHX - White) then for one lucky winner, we'll BUY YOU THAT SHIRT and ship it to you FREE OF CHARGE. Throw in how much you like The Traveling Circus for bonus points :D. This is open to EVERYONE so even if you didn't show up to the event, you may still win a shirt from The Traveling Circus on us! Find out if you're a winner via our Twitter @ARKTourney! The winner will be announced one week from today.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Yeah, so Brackets were obviously a little stacked on one side.

Next time we need seeding. Admittedly we had time constraints but still...

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
It was merely a lack of pools and being unclear of a lot of the levels of the players. So just randomly, half of the bracket got consistently powerful players, who knocked themselves out on 1 side of the bracket while the other side of losers got a bunch of dopes placing relatively high since they only played other scrubs. Scuddlefish being outplaced by yoshiman and baki? Not to mention my johns for having to face Lee in winners and then Saber or Scuddlefish in losers. I <3 u guys but something was up.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Both sides of the bracket, winners and losers, look about even to me. People got eliminated early because the talent distribution was pretty high here.

Your block was the hardest, yeah, but if it weren't you there it would be someone else.

Just look at what Ace, Saber, and Zinth had to go through. The whole thing was rough.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
This is the best example of it

13: Dr. Drew The Dragon - on hard side of bracket
13: Yoshiman - easy side
13: Baki - easy side
13: The Saber Guy - hard side

<---RAVEN posting on my account like a moron

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
The only problem was that Scud wasn't properly seeded. His relocation to the top or bottom would have balanced everything.

Dr. Drew just got the short end of the stick, which happens a lot in double elim brackets. You balance the initial bracket and hope for the best.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the problems from the ARK IV staff. Hope you guys had a great time anyway. We'll figure some way to improve on seeding for next time. I hope you guys have a better picture of the skill level of some of the "unknowns" so that we're better able to seed them at ARK V. Great job though and glad to see Melee representing!

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
1. ihavespaceballs & G. Vice
2. Lee Martin & Kyo
3. VTS & Arby
4. Iori & Myztek
5. Chamberlin & ACE
5. Dr. Drew the Dragon & I forgot even though we played them in losers
7. Raven Knight & The March Hare
7. Scuddlefish & Irish Dude
9. Zinth & DualCats

idk after that

G. Vice

Smash Lord
1. ihavespaceballs & G. Vice
2. Lee Martin & Kyo
3. VTS & Arby
4. Iori & Myztek
5. Chamberlin & ACE
5. Dr. Drew the Dragon & I forgot even though we played them in losers
7. Raven Knight & The March Hare
7. Scuddlefish & Irish Dude
9. Zinth & DualCats

idk after that
Ouch...Zinth and DuelKitties...

I thought when we beat those guys we were beating one of the top teams there too :/

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
They may have underperformed, but they also lost to two good teams, so idk how much their placement would have changed.

You guys beat everyone else. Don't feel too bad ;)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
They may have underperformed, but they also lost to two good teams, so idk how much their placement would have changed.

You guys beat everyone else. Don't feel too bad ;)
That set vs kyo/lee was crazyyyy.

Never would have thought we could have came back with such odds against us.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, You guys did Superb. All problems are purely based on not having pools. Which was merely a time constraint issue.
I'll ask you guys what you want to do for ARK V. We'll probably be two days again so maybe pools day 1 with final tournament day 2?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I was talking about a feeling ages ago that only Clay recognized. We were saying there's no reason to do drugs when things like Melee (as an example) can make you feel so naturally good. Well, Reddit has vindicated me.

"Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is a physical sensation characterized by a pleasurable tingling that typically begins in the head and scalp, and often moves down the spine and through the limbs."

:"head orgasms"/"head tingles"

Common triggers include haircuts (YEP) and music (YEP), known as frisson or the chills in that case. I spend a good portion of my waking life searching for that feeling through music and etc.

And you people called me crazy at the time!

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
So you're telling me that having head orgasms when playing melee makes you not crazy?

Just cause your disorder has a name doesn't make you more sane. ;)

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Jealousy? Admittedly, I want random events to give me orgasmic experiences too. Although that might get awkward really quickly. In this line of thought, have you ever leaned over to a person and said, "That game just gave me an orgasm" ? :embarrass:

Synesthesia is a bs condition. Everybody has it to some degree.

I do wish I was a qualified genius though. :(
Only 5 iq points away.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Problem is, you're equating the word "orgasm" used descriptively to communicate a level of pleasure with a literal orgasm. Misrepresenting the situation like this is somewhat effective, but also shallow and dumb. Your logical parlor tricks won't work on me!

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
lol don't blame me for you using easily misrepresented words.

But If it's goosebumps shivering type of pleasure, I get it too. At least with music. Never had it with a game though. It's why classical is my favorite type of music. Because it's the only type that can get me to this "high." :)

Although honestly, i think it's just because you're doing something you enjoy. Dopamine levels increase, dopamine receptors are activated more often and Dopamine can do some crazy crap to you. It's the ultimate drug. A lot of drugs actually work by increasing the amount of dopamine in your brain. :)

I think this response is just a specific type of reaction to increased levels of euphoria. I question the quality of this wikiarkticle. <.<

G. Vice

Smash Lord
LOL

that's just funny. Arby's smashgasms...

I like the game. I like the game ALOT.

But it does not good sir give me THAT much of a rush. If it did, the Devour series would be a sperm bank for me. Though watching and playing with Jack sometimes does give me a stiffy...

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
lol don't blame me for you using easily misrepresented words.

But If it's goosebumps shivering type of pleasure, I get it too. At least with music. Never had it with a game though. It's why classical is my favorite type of music. Because it's the only type that can get me to this "high." :)

Although honestly, i think it's just because you're doing something you enjoy. Dopamine levels increase, dopamine receptors are activated more often and Dopamine can do some crazy crap to you. It's the ultimate drug. A lot of drugs actually work by increasing the amount of dopamine in your brain. :)

I think this response is just a specific type of reaction to increased levels of euphoria. I question the quality of this wikiarkticle. <.<
I can blame you for misrepresenting when I know you're smart enough to grasp a simple comparison. Keep your 3rd grade strawman arguments outta my FACE.

:144:

It's like goosebumps, but way more involved. Sensation spreads out from the head/base of the neck, but it's not like an orgasm. They don't feel alike at all though. Head/Eargasm speaks to the level of sensation, not nature of it.

Sure it's all about dopamine and serotonin, but the nature of the good feeling can differ a lot. Specific things make you feel a specific way. I couldn't understand at the time how Seif/Will/etc. could have no idea what I was talking about, because as humans we should all share in these sensations. I guess some people aren't ticklish... but that's not quite the same thing. Chamberlin getting it was a good sign for my sanity, and knowing it's a widespread thing now is better. If you guys really don't know what I mean (and you would if it had happened), then I feel sorry for you. It's like not knowing how to laugh :(

LOL

that's just funny. Arby's smashgasms...

I like the game. I like the game ALOT.

But it does not good sir give me THAT much of a rush. If it did, the Devour series would be a sperm bank for me. Though watching and playing with Jack sometimes does give me a stiffy...
Why you fixated with orgasms! You and Adam are talking about something completely different and 8000% weirder.

btw this head tingle feels better than an orgasm to me. Lasts longer, and the pleasure feels more... pure? (not in a moral sense)

like the good feeling you get (through dopamine/serotonin) after working out or doing something good, except centralized and way amplified

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I'll make that argument any day :p

I only get the feeling every now and then though, and very very rarely while playing Smash. Then again, some people could say the same about sex...

As an aside, good slice of life gets me feeling like this relatively easily. And it's why I liked Lucky Star way beyond reason >.> FEEL GOOD INC.

Vts

Smash Champion
mmk so been thinking since no real tournaments for another 2-3 months why don't we start bi-weekly tournament at chamberlins on tuesday for power ranking using ELO system.

we can maybe throw in a dollar to make it seem like a real tournament.

this way we can all improve and see how we rank overall

and cus i wanna be the very beast that no one ever was!

to be gay and win all day!

is my only cause!

i will travel across the land!

searching for advice !

each opponents to understand the habits there inside!

nana it's you and me !

I know it's my fantasy !

popo, your my best friend!

in a tournament we must win!

nana charging a smash for you

our chaingrab will pull us through

you throw them and i'll smash them

poke'mon, gotta catch them all!

u mad

Top Bottom