• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ok sounds good. I'll print it out and get it to you something before the weekend. Also, you guys wanna make a Cheddar's re-run sometime this week? I want to try that Chicken fried steak as well as the Monte Cristo.

Seif, you should come too :)

edit* also I'm finally playing lunar. It's awesome. Silver Star story didn't work on my computer, but Eternal Blue did so I'm playing it.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Ok sounds good. I'll print it out and get it to you something before the weekend. Also, you guys wanna make a Cheddar's re-run sometime this week? I want to try that Chicken fried steak as well as the Monte Cristo.

Seif, you should come too :)

edit* also I'm finally playing lunar. It's awesome. Silver Star story didn't work on my computer, but Eternal Blue did so I'm playing it.
Sure. I'm off today and tomorrow. I gonna eat with Kevin and Ethan tonight though.

Also, I own both and am willing to lend them out at any time. It's a shame that you aren't playing SSS first because, despite being 1000 years later, it comes up significantly.

Also, Tales of Graces comes out next week. You gonna be our lead man, Zane?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Sure. I'm off today and tomorrow. I gonna eat with Kevin and Ethan tonight though.

Also, I own both and am willing to lend them out at any time. It's a shame that you aren't playing SSS first because, despite being 1000 years later, it comes up significantly.

Also, Tales of Graces comes out next week. You gonna be our lead man, Zane?
Let's go eat tomorrow night! And man that sounds fun. If we can work it on my off days around school, sure. I love Tales games but I rarely get to play them how they should be played. I have to resort to over leveling and manualing commanding my healers :/

G. Vice

Smash Lord

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Random rant, don't know where to put it:
No matter what character you choose, there will always be situations where you're like "Man, I wish I could edgeguard like Marth does" or "I wish I were hard to combo like Jiggs is" or " I wish I had ******** shield pressure like Fox or Falco does." It's really hard to go "Hey, I'm glad my character can do X." I wish people would be more thankful for what their character CAN do that other characters can't rather than be thinking about what other characters can do that yours can't.

Cuz my character sucks but I love him and will never give him up <3
Strong Bad wrote you a post Vts :p

G. Vice

Smash Lord
man stomp knee is just stupid, watch our set , so stupid you landed 2 moves and i died , hate this game
I was noticing some things in that match guys. I noticed Arby not taking advantage of the fact that ICs only approach is to wd oos, and instead was doing aerials within his grab range, and I saw you VTS not changing it up and just resigning yourself(seemingly) to a stomp > knee.

idk, ya'll must have been laughing or something it just didn't look like a serious set. It looked like arby was playing vs VTS not ICs

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I will say that wasn't the best of sets we've had. Now the Fox vs ICs best of 7 on FoD only the night before... beautiful. Went to 7th game last hit, he basically made Brain Freeze in the process (real combos, not grabs!), and I won which is a plus obviously. The stage made lots of cool stuff possible. Wish we'd recorded that and made it grand finals lol.

Vts

Smash Champion
I will say that wasn't the best of sets we've had. Now the Fox vs ICs best of 7 on FoD only the night before... beautiful. Went to 7th game last hit, he basically made Brain Freeze in the process (real combos, not grabs!), and I won which is a plus obviously. The stage made lots of cool stuff possible. Wish we'd recorded that and made it grand finals lol.
man so many ****ing amazing combos that night, forever to be lost in our memories of brain freeze take 1 lol

oh well stuff happens

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
What was i doing wrong against Adam besides not baiting?
Yeah, your tech was just horrible. Ganon eats that up.
I haven't played melee in about 3-6 months

Found it arby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVqj7rrKPAo
yep yep

Here's the thing on Touhoumon Seif.
To elaborate further in 1.8/Lunatic

Type chart completely reworked.
DPPHGSS Physical/Special split.
90% of the Mons are only within 10-20 BST [Base Stat Total] of each other.
Reworked evolution chains. Many of the mons have several evolution routes/alternative evolutions/trade-specific evolutions.
Revive/Max Revive prohibited mid-battle.
Out of Dex evolutions prohibited until National Dex is obtained, whilst mid/late game trainers are allowed to use them.
Quite a few move changes in both 1.5x based hacks (World Link/another World) In 1.8x nearly every move is reworked, including many new ones.
Many new items.
Special boss-specific Mons. Some of the bosses have mons with 800-1500 BST pokemon for another difficulty jump. Requires a lot of strategy to beat them, though often times a correctly EVed balanced team will still poop on these monsters.

The problem with Another World is arbitrarily high-leveled trainer mons. Other games don't follow this trope. Even with the forced grinding in Another World, there's a lot of good things about the game.
http://thmon.amarilloviridian.com/kareha/viewtopic.php?id=1&t_id=49

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I went through all of our local tournaments to catch every Arkansas player on the site.
http://www.ssbpd.com/region/21

Poor Yoshiman, all the way at the bottom :laugh:

http://www.ssbpd.com/region/21/versus/44
This is cool. I tagged all their players too because only their best were listed and we were behind in set count. Couldn't have that ;)

http://www.ssbpd.com/region/21/versus/44/sets
This is REALLY cool. They done good.

Although my time spent tagging player locations was wasted on the update. Alas, I shall make a new attempt.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I went through all of our local tournaments to catch every Arkansas player on the site.
http://www.ssbpd.com/region/21

Poor Yoshiman, all the way at the bottom :laugh:

http://www.ssbpd.com/region/21/versus/44
This is cool. I tagged all their players too because only their best were listed and we were behind in set count. Couldn't have that ;)

http://www.ssbpd.com/region/21/versus/44/sets
This is REALLY cool. They done good.

Although my time spent tagging player locations was wasted on the update. Alas, I shall make a new attempt.
What update? Do we have to go through and retag locations when he updates elo or something? I'm sure he can fix that.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Almost finished with tipped off 6. Good lord so much time spent recreating this tio file.

Max is perhaps sending me the early ARKs tios too. That'll be a relief not having to recreate those.

And lol being 7th place after the guy from LA. He deserves it. That peach was something else. Key in on the something. I also just noticed that the two peaches in the tournament 2nd and 4th place took turns knocking each other out of bracket. LA guy lost to 4th place in winners but beat him in losers. Which is nice since I ended up playing more different people.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Man, ssbpd is coming along so amazingly. The top 5's in states with enough data already look fairly accurate, though MO is hurt by the fact that phatgamer/massive/rezo's results are mostly from 2008-early 2010.
My Elo will probably go down when Pound 5 if it ever is uploaded haha.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
March Hare, thanks for the help. I just finished ROM lol, and it took a while. I'm gonna do the full ROM series today so yeah, should be fun (not really).

Although if you have dual monitors it really helps! It took me like 3.5 hours to do OC2 with 192 people, but for ROM it only took about 1.5 hours with 130 or so people. Also had one less round of pools.

Top Bottom