• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APC's Lucas vids updated 03/10/09

lil cj

Smash Lord
Great vids APC
Especially the one vs MK
and great come bac in the Mario vid
How did you get so good with Lucas:)?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Rest desperately needs to work on DI...and not killing himself.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
thanks lil cj :) i play like twice a week, one with my friends, the other one practicing alone, vs cpu or just trying new stuff or techniques, and then try them with my friends and see if they work. That's why i always play different (i mean, one day i play spamming pk fires, but next week i play without using b-moves, for example), and you can tell if the fight is old or new.
@Tyr, yeah, i remember that when i kill him with that fsmash, i asked him "where's your DI?". But please talk about my Lucas and not my opponents :(
A lot more fights to come...

prOAPC

Smash Lord
new fight
APC (Lucas) VS Silver (Dedede)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0baBBBZ3W1U
APC (Lucas) VS Silver (Ike)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMNkWYUrTCs

And with Luigi
APC (Luigi) VS Rest (MK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2343TIT5oq8

I overuse the SH airdodge as an approach, i didn't want to use some of those PKT, and a fall in many traps of that Ike (jab cancel to jab, charged usmash, double jump fairs...). I think i learned a lot by watching my Lucas :)

i forgot to say, that K1000o is uploading only the fights we won, and silver is uploading the fights they won, but has been a little lazy
if you want to watch more figths, go here
http://www.youtube.com/user/k1000o85 or http://www.youtube.com/user/SilverRoy

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
we can't tell [from your vids] how good you're playing if you can do whatever you want. play good opponents and alot of the things you do won't work as often.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Being able to tell that your opponents are not very experienced players with their characters shows that not everything you do will be plausible against more experienced players. It's similar to playing against level 9 computers for practice. Computers will allow you to string combos and use approaches that humans simply won't allow. Similarly, less capable players are going to allow you to use combos and approaches that more capable players won't. It is just as important to analyze the opponent as it is to analyze the original player. Were a Lucas player to watch and attempt to replicate some of the things you do against some other players, the results may be completely different.

For example, watching Silver's Dedede, it's obvious that he does not have very good spacing. When we compare Silver's Dedede to, say, Seibrik's Dedede, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xDSX8HQp38
we notice vast differences in spacing, using Ftilts, Bairs and Fairs rather than solely relying on grabs, as well as better use of Dedede's chaingrab and incredibly good reading. Mistakes such as Silver's at :39, :58, the apparant inability to perfect shield PK Fire and the repeatedly failed chaingrabs are not typical in high level Dedede players. It is therefore impossible to judge your playstyle without judging your opponents' as many things simply would not have happened against a different player.

Noraa

Smash Lord
tyr get 5 gold stars for that great explaination.
tyr for lucas smashboards president

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Being able to tell that your opponents are not very experienced players with their characters shows that not everything you do will be plausible against more experienced players. It's similar to playing against level 9 computers for practice. Computers will allow you to string combos and use approaches that humans simply won't allow. Similarly, less capable players are going to allow you to use combos and approaches that more capable players won't. It is just as important to analyze the opponent as it is to analyze the original player. Were a Lucas player to watch and attempt to replicate some of the things you do against some other players, the results may be completely different.

For example, watching Silver's Dedede, it's obvious that he does not have very good spacing. When we compare Silver's Dedede to, say, Seibrik's Dedede, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xDSX8HQp38
we notice vast differences in spacing, using Ftilts, Bairs and Fairs rather than solely relying on grabs, as well as better use of Dedede's chaingrab and incredibly good reading. Mistakes such as Silver's at :39, :58, the apparant inability to perfect shield PK Fire and the repeatedly failed chaingrabs are not typical in high level Dedede players. It is therefore impossible to judge your playstyle without judging your opponents' as many things simply would not have happened against a different player.
i totally understand your point, what i say is that the same way you can critique my friends, you can do same with me.
I have two things to say:
First, as for the mistakes, everyone makes mistakes, maybe big ones that cost you a stock, or little ones like you use an attack instead for another or, in Lucas' case, missing a thunderslide for example. That doesn't mean that the player is bad.
Second, there are some moves that work angaist every opponent, no matter how good they are, maybe this techs may work like once every 5 matches, i'm talking about thundersliding, full hop magnet pull and thundersliding to pk fire/aerial (and some other tech). They work because they are fast, flashy and unpredictable, not because your opponent sucks.
I still say that Silver is the best player i've ever face, with the same skill and experience as Roy's (but Roy wins in tournament experience), his main is Ike, and uses DDD for the Snakes(i think)

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Lol @ Pink Fresh.
Lol @ Seibrik. That was not an impressive video.

APC, if something is flashy and only works once every five matches, then it is inefficient. It's not a good tactic. And your Lucas is good compared to the opponents but I seriously can't give you much criticism when you're not losing. Like you have stated in the past, everyone plays different, and if you're winning with what you have, why should I tell you you're doing something wrong or that you should try something different? I'm also horrible at giving advice and explaining things mid-game. I just play.

Does anyone else think that it's better to post matches of you losing and having people help you there instead of matches of you winning? I mean, it's great for the ego, but how are you going to get any better unless I help you with your faults, type of logic.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
even in the fights you win, yu have faults. When you critique someone, it can be about positives things, for example saying, you are good at spacing...
there will be fights where i lose vs the same players, i just don't know when :S

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
That video of Seibrik is from a few months ago. It was just the first one I stumbled upon on youtube. Seibrik is debatedly one of the best Dedede's in the country.

It's amazing how far the metagame has progressed in just a few months. Go back and watch some Metaknight players from this summer. It's hilarious to watch the Up B spamming that went on back then compared to now.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Tell Kenny to stop using Dair, Fsmash is a ****ty move and you can use Bair to combo after Dsmash for kills at lower percentage, you can B reversal Up B to knock people off the edge when you're being edgehogged and then make it back, stop using Down B all over the stage because it's completely predictable, use side B for spacing more, and tell him to watch Snakeee, especially his videos from C3. If I remember right he did pretty well all things considered. Oh and learn how to DI better.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
A few notes on Ike since I play against one pretty often.

When you Nair, try to get behind him. Ike has no fast options to hit behind his body. Same goes for Dairs. You did this a few times succesfully with Nair followed by Ftilt I think but there were other times that you stayed in front of him and got shield grabbed.

If you ever see him charging his side B from across stage you should either stand there and wait and time your shield and punish his lag. Or start PKT1 right away for a free 10%. There is literally no way he can avoid it.

Be careful with PKT2 recoveries above the stage. All he has to do is charge his neutral B and he can hit you really easily because of the super armor frames on it. Most of the time you're going to want to recover to the ledge instead once he figures this out.

livan

Smash Apprentice
..a vaya son buenos los movimientos que tienen lastima que no puedo pelear por que dan ganas de retar
n_n

prOAPC

Smash Lord
jeje gracias ^^

here are some fights vs a guy i found here in my hometown (Cartagena). As usual, they upload fights where they win >_> i won like 70% of the matches, and like 90% of them were with Lucas
the fights were last tuesday, and after a month without playing, my power level decrease lol
Mario (Kirby) Vs APC (Lucas)
Mario (Link) vs APC(Lucas)
Mario (ZSS) Vs APC (Lucas)
Mario (Link) Vs APC (Lucas) 2

and a Samus ditto, my favorite match of the ones he uploaded
Mario (Blue Samus) Vs APC (Samus)

livan

Smash Apprentice
...a is very cool !! i like it the mach is there are skillfully i really want to brawl ....i can't but i want..

livan

Smash Apprentice
..vaya que buenos encuentros y bueno feliz casi navidad
n_n

lil cj

Smash Lord
Great new vids APC:)
I watched the first ROB match
I liked the triple nairs, magnet pulls, and dtilt lock to forward smash
Oh yeah...and the part where u f smashed ROB's gyro and he goes back to pick it up and it attacks him...lol

The weird thing Ive noticed about ROB is that Lucas cant psi magnet his Optic Lazer??

prOAPC

Smash Lord
thanks for watching :D
Lucas can absorb the laser, but i couldn't because i released the psi magnet before i could absorb the laser :S
and the true triple nair is in the fight vs MK, match 2

Top Bottom