• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APC's Lucas vids updated 03/10/09

Irsic

Smash Ace
oy. during the second match you didn't grab attempt once until the last 30 seconds.

jab cancels t_t?

livan

Smash Apprentice
..a vaya que buenos son lastima que perdiera lucas pero fue una gran batalla y todos nos cansamos un poco n un buen combate
n_n

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Your Lucas is great, APC. ^_^
That air dodge approach seems useful, it works exactly like a roll except there's no ending lag. I gotta learn that, it'll improve my game......

prOAPC

Smash Lord
oy. during the second match you didn't grab attempt once until the last 30 seconds.

jab cancels t_t?
i don't really like Lucas grab, i try to use it only if i know i can grab
and about jab cancel, i didn't notice i didn't use them lol, maybe next time :p
Your Lucas is great, APC. ^_^
That air dodge approach seems useful, it works exactly like a roll except there's no ending lag. I gotta learn that, it'll improve my game......
well, after some matches, you learn to counter that approach. I started to use SH airdodge to approach because of Toon Link, where i take out a bomb, then sh airdodge, then zair
what does APELUCAS mean??
you have to read it in spanish, my nick (APC) is read in spanish as "A-PE-CE", and my friends are always joking with my nickname, calling me like "ABC", "123", "PVC", etc. But sometimes they say good things, for example "APRO" (a-pro), and when i win with Lucas, they say "that's not Lucas, thats "APLUCAS"" (you read it "ApeLucas" in spanish)

and last fights from last tourney
APC(LUCAS) VS ROZO(ROB)

APC(LUCAS) VS JP(ZELDA)

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
OH THIS IS iTCH or El Muerte (all is brawl) lol

Man you got 2 many vids... but here is what I saw...

well I cant say you spammed, that's a good thing :-D

so, first off, I watched 2 vids of you fighting against snake with lucas, me personally I find it easy 2 fight against snakes...
- SNAKE TILT'S ***** Lucas, and most of the time out PRIORITIZE his tilts, unless he is distanced right.
- DO NOT rely on PK fire to stop Snake ground game, use your down smash more often (even tho it's slow, it limits them to wavedashing all over the stage) having you under their control (& it hits 3 times)
- low hop your down aerial, it attacks 3 times as well, and at the right %, you can leg lock him for a cheap kill

I guess you dont b-stick (I dont either) but learn some mind games man...

whoever told you u play lucas 2 aggressive THEY MUST BE A NOOB... lucas is meant 2 be played aggressively against some characters and defensively against others (example DK, FALCO, KING D3) but whatever... but most of the time, i play aggressively and people dont know what to do with that...

One more thing, if a person is blocking. DONT BE AFRAID TO SPAM NUETRAL AIR MAN... that's a good sheild breaker, combo starter, easy way to rack up damage, and good spacing.

that's all i have 2 say right now

oh yeah... DONT ROLL WHEN U FIGHT A SNAKE OR IKE OR GANON= ****

prOAPC

Smash Lord
hey iTCH!
thanks for watching
my hardest matchup is Snake, i just have a hard time vs him, maybe is because the way i play
i DO bstick... i try to not spam wavebouce pk fires, just use them to space
low hop dair? do you mean SH dair? SH dair is too bad, you'll get a lot of lag if you land and teh attack hasn't finished. And dair has 4 hits, not 3
i use nair a lot, more than dair, i just don't like to use it vs snake because a simple nade stops me

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
yeah, i realized i said 3 after i posted that... but no johns...

and also... i really dont know how 2 explain the sh (lh) d-air... it's like, if u do it right, you can land straight into a nuetral attack or tilt... so i guess it's a sh depending on how you do it...

but when i get my wii back, i'll show you how 2 play against snakes man...

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is dont ROLL MAN... and it's yours... when u see him across the stage, just get ready for the down smash attack... b/c it stops him from wave dashing all across the stage... and shoot, even tho it's risky, do your pk thunder across the stage, that' stops him SOME TIMES... depending on how much momentum snake has...

c3gill

Smash Ace
very nice videos. gotta ask though- you miss Up smashs a lot in these..... why you keep doing them (so often)?

livan

Smash Apprentice
a very good vids apc is very good
n_n

a muy buenos vids apc son muy buenos
n_n

prOAPC

Smash Lord
very nice videos. gotta ask though- you miss Up smashs a lot in these..... why you keep doing them (so often)?
sometimes, when i do some good moves, like hitting with psi magnet or something like that lol, i want to finish the fight as soon as posible :p
also, i use it if i not i'm not going to get killed

thanks livan :)

c3gill

Smash Ace
sometimes, when i do some good moves, like hitting with psi magnet or something like that lol, i want to finish the fight as soon as posible :p
also, i use it if i not i'm not going to get killed
no offense meant- i hope none was taken :ohwell: it just seemed like you *missing* it was your only consistent issue in those matches, kinda seemed to stick out....

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I commented in each fight :D

Now I know what to do to Olimars :evil:

1. Rack up damage with jab/tilts/nair
2. Knock 'em off the edge with ftilt/bthrow when they are at 60%
3. Send them away with PKT1
4. Edgegaurd

I used to be scared of Olimar, I hate being grabbed. :mad:

prOAPC

Smash Lord
well, is not that easy as you said, and that's not the best olimar out there, but you get the idea, jabs, tilts and gimping is the key in this match up :)
thanks for watching

livan

Smash Apprentice
a vaya si k sigues demostrando tu habilidad vaya ojala pudiera jugar pero sigo con lo mismo mi hermano aqui y sin k pueda jugar pero bueno animo prOAPC ok animono te rindas cuando consigas wifi podras demostrar aun mas tus habilidades lol (genial)
n_n

Snare

Smash Lord
pkt1 wrecks olis recovery, poor oli T.T

shnairs conviently go right in the corner between olis smashes, and i think lucas's dair out prioritizes olis u-smash lol

livan

Smash Apprentice
o animo proAPc tu puedes hacerlo solo no te rindas ok won't give up ademas en un brawl contra otras personas es importante no rendirse para arender de ellas por eso como dicen se aprende mas perdiendo una batalla que ganandola

n_n

Irsic

Smash Ace
What does animo mean? You say it in your posts a lot, livan, but it didn't come up as anything in the translator.

livan

Smash Apprentice
well animo is like the hip hip hurray from us in mexico is for motivate and animated and is exact for i use it is for cheer him and motivate him for stay with that effords and with all of the joy that he feel for brawl
and well is all that i can do for the moment so animo proAPC ok you can be the number one next time ok pro

n_n

Chuee

Smash Hero
Good vids APC. Was that the item jump thing at 1:44 on the first round against snake? I've never seen anyone use that in a match before.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Good vids APC. Was that the item jump thing at 1:44 on the first round against snake? I've never seen anyone use that in a match before.
it's funny that said that, it is like another use for double dair, you take the item with the first dair, and then you have enough time to jump again and throw the item. But i have to be honest :p my intention was to footstool+dair, not that "super item jump"

Irsic

Smash Ace
I've done it a couple of times accidentally against Diddy. I think it might be easier to perform then an actual zap jump, but they may have just been a fluke.

Top Bottom