• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Regardless of if they managed to make Sumia interesting or not - it is pretty clear she was the canon choice for Chrom.

Sure, sure. I think it's cool that they let the player choose the relationship while still having an actual canon marriage... I can see how it might seem like a slap to the player's face to just say that their choice didn't matter, but for a game with so much riding on the characters' heritages it seems good to have some canonical pairings.

I was just saying that she seems a bit bleh compared to some of the other options... if I was playing FE:A I probably wouldn't have picked her. But if Chrom's into girls who... trip a lot... then that's cool for him, I guess.

I feel like I've never heard her mentioned before on the forums. Is she not that popular? Not actually that important to the game? It seems like by now someone should've suggested her as a character for Smash, what with her being a female lance-wielder.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Sure, sure. I think it's cool that they let the player choose the relationship while still having an actual canon marriage... I can see how it might seem like a slap to the player's face to just say that their choice didn't matter, but for a game with so much riding on the characters' heritages it seems good to have some canonical pairings.

I was just saying that she seems a bit bleh compared to some of the other options... if I was playing FE:A I probably wouldn't have picked her. But if Chrom's into girls who... trip a lot... then that's cool for him, I guess.

I feel like I've never heard her mentioned before on the forums. Is she not that popular? Not actually that important to the game? It seems like by now someone should've suggested her as a character for Smash, what with her being a female lance-wielder.

Well she's a Pegasus Knight for one thing so it may be difficult to incorporate her and her Pegasus in a game like Smash unless you want to use her as a standalone character who can call upon a Pegasus for assistance. According to polls Sumia isn't really the most popular female in Awakening as that award typically goes to Lucina, Tharja, as well as Cordelia and Severa to an extent seeing as they got cutscenes in the DLC (And Tharja has a bodacious and voluptuous figurine for sale to boot).

Sumia is one of the original members of Chrom's Shepherds but you can choose to never use her should you desire it, she doesn't play any critical roles in the story outside of one chapter unlike Robin and Lucina.

While in canon Sumia marries Chrom I had him marry Olivia instead, which was the biggest pain because Chrom had to avoid all women like the plague while I had Olivia, who is frail as glass, precariously lap-dance her way into marriage while avoiding all the enemies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

I usually pick her when I'm playing as a male avatar. It's canon in the sense it's the one they point to the most, but it's not technical canon.

She is definitely not popular due to her utility and design. She's not that important (but neither is Tharja and Owain). She ranks 15th among the women in the Japanese poll.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*pretends Google doesn't exist*

Can anyone tell me the major differences between Chrom and Ike? I haven't played Awakening yet (I own it but still have to beat a few games before I get to it) but it seems that one of the biggest arguments people use against Chrom is that he's too similar to Ike.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
*pretends Google doesn't exist*

Can anyone tell me the major differences between Chrom and Ike? I haven't played Awakening yet (I own it but still have to beat a few games before I get to it) but it seems that one of the biggest arguments people use against Chrom is that he's too similar to Ike.
They are only similar because they use the same class archetype (mercernary/ hero). Marth, Roy, Lucina (etc) all use the Lord class archetype for example, but not many mention this. They fight with rather different stances and styles. Ike is more rough coming from the fact is literally a mercenary and not of royal blood. Chrom fights rather dignified and sleekly.

Chrom's aether is a normal strike (and he passes that down to Lucina), while Ike's is based off the GBA Hero critical hit(and he jumps). In RD, Ike become more of average speed, strong character, while Chrom retains a balance with above average speed and strength, but not the highest of those stats. Ike doesn't use flames with his sword at all in his games while Chrom uses blue flame in the cutscenes. Ike's sword is larger and meant to be wielded with two hands, and possesses a ranged attack, while Chrom has the same sword of Marth but it needs to be awakened.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Chrom can chuck a Javelin and use Lances. Also, his Aether doesn't get it's own animation. There's also stat differences, but a comparison is hard because Awakening has higher stat caps that Path of Radiance does.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Chrom can chuck a Javelin and use Lances. Also, his Aether doesn't get it's own animation. There's also stat differences, but a comparison is hard because Awakening has higher stat caps that Path of Radiance does.
You can use growth rate rather than stat caps, as well as how they relate in relation to other units in their respective games.
Chrom in Awakening:
HP Str Mag Skl Spd Luk Def Res
85% 60% 10% 60% 60% 70% 45% 25%

Ike in PoR:
75% 50% 20% 50% 55% 35% 40% 40%

Ike in RD (most recent appearance):
65% 55% 10% 60% 35% 30% 40% 15%

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You can use growth rate rather than stat caps, as well as how they relate in relation to other units in their respective games.
Chrom in Awakening:
85% 60% 10% 60% 60% 70% 45% 25%

Ike in PoR:
75% 50% 20% 50% 55% 35% 40% 40%
Not sure what this is supposed to prove. Ike has lower Growths overall in everything except Mag and Res, which wouldn't matter for Smash anyway. For both of them, their Str and Spd growths are close, though Ike actually has a slightly higher Spd growth.
Chrom
Ike in RD (most recent appearance):
65% 55% 10% 60% 35% 30% 40% 15%
I doubt his RD stats had any influence on his appearance/abilities in Brawl. RD was released less than a year before Ike was unveiled, so I honestly don't think Sakurai used that game for inspiration.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Not sure what this is supposed to prove. Ike has lower Growths overall in everything except Mag and Res, which wouldn't matter for Smash anyway. For both of them, their Str and Spd growths are close, though Ike actually has a slightly higher Spd growth.

I doubt his RD stats had any influence on his appearance/abilities in Brawl. RD was released less than a year before Ike was unveiled, so I honestly don't think Sakurai used that game for inspiration.
relative to the game and other characters, growths stats matter. I don't think you compare them to each other, but you judge them relative to other characters in their own game.

I included the RD stats because it's very possible Ike will be closer to his RD form should he be in Smash 4. I think Sakurai can use that game for a reference, should he update Ike like he did for Samus (Other M).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
relative to the game and other characters, growths stats matter. I don't think you compare them to each other, but you judge them relative to other characters in their own game.
Okay then, do that. Still not sure what you're trying to prove. :confused:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I've played through Awakening 3 times and I would get Chrom mixed up with Ike the whole time. I would be looking for Chrom in the character screen and realize that the reason I couldn't find him was because the name I was looking for was Ike. Oops. Not the same, but still confusing to me, for some reason.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Okay then, do that. Still not sure what you're trying to prove. :confused:
It's really simple. See if they are fast and strong within their own game (thus showing another way in which they are different within the context of their game
You take a fast character, so let's say Zihark, because that's considered fast (like most myrmidons). My guess from looking at profiles is that 40% is around average for a growth stat
Ike PoR Growth Rate for Speed: 55%
RD Growth Rate for Speed: 35%
Zihark PoR Growth Rate for Speed: 60%
RD Growth Rate for Speed:70%
And let's compare him to a strong character, like Boyd, who is strong (like most fighters).
Ike PoR Growth Rate for Strength: 50%
RD Growth Rate for Strength: 55%
Boyd PoR Growth Rate for Strength: 60%
RD Growth Rate for Strength: 65%
So we can see in RD, Ike is a slower character, stronger character.

In Awakening, I would guess that 55% is an average. We will use a myrmidon (Lon'qu) and a fighter (Vaike) for comparison respectively.
Chrom Growth Rate for Speed: 60%
Lon'qu: Growth Rate for Speed: 75%
Chrom Growth Rate for Strength: 60%
Vaike Growth Rate for Strength: 75%
In Awakening, Chrom is clearly an above average unit, but is still very outclassed.

So in RD, Ike is stronger and slower as a character relatively to the units in his game. In Awakening, Chrom is an above average unit, but is more of a balanced class unit. In PoR, the relative growth differences between the two is harder to distinguish, but it clearly separated by RD. So that's another difference that Ike and Chrom have. There are other stat differences, but this is the one with the most contrast I believe.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Judging by him being a main character of the latest and really good selling fire emblem I say this guy might be the one who replaces ike if he gets kicked of coarse

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's really simple. See if they are fast and strong within their own game (thus showing another way in which they are different within the context of their game

You take a fast character, so let's say Zihark, because that's considered fast (like most myrmidons). My guess from looking at profiles is that 40% is around average for a growth stat
Ike PoR Growth Rate for Speed: 55%
RD Growth Rate for Speed: 35%
Zihark PoR Growth Rate for Speed: 60%
RD Growth Rate for Speed:70%
And let's compare him to a strong character, like Boyd, who is strong (like most fighters).
Ike PoR Growth Rate for Strength: 50%
RD Growth Rate for Strength: 55%
Boyd PoR Growth Rate for Strength: 60%
RD Growth Rate for Strength: 65%

So we can see in RD, Ike is a slower character, stronger character.

In Awakening, I would guess that 55% is an average. We will use a myrmidon (Lon'qu) and a fighter (Vaike) for comparison respectively.
Chrom Growth Rate for Speed: 60%
Lon'qu: Growth Rate for Speed: 75%
Chrom Growth Rate for Strength: 60%
Vaike Growth Rate for Strength: 75%
In Awakening, Chrom is clearly an above average unit, but is still very outclassed.

So in RD, Ike is stronger and slower as a character relatively to the units in his game. In Awakening, Chrom is an above average unit, but is more of a balanced class unit. In PoR, the relative growth differences between the two is harder to distinguish, but it clearly separated by RD. So that's another difference that Ike and Chrom have. There are other stat differences, but this is the one with the most contrast I believe.
Nice cherry picking of data sets there. Again, I don't think RD had any influence on how Ike plays in Brawl(given that Ike's appearance and most of his animations are taken from PoR, plus the fact that he was revealed within a year of RD's release).

Ike's Brawl playstyle was pretty much pulled out of Sakurai's a$$, because there's nothing in PoR that suggests Ike should be a Mighty Glacier like he is in Brawl.

I'm going to compare Ike's stats to a couple of different characters: Zihark(A Fragile Speedster), Gatrie(a Might Glacier),Nephenee , Boyd, and Oscar)
[collapse="Growths"]Ike:
HP: 75 Str: 50 Mag: 20 Skl: 50 Spd: 55 Luck: 35 Def: 40 Res: 40
Zihark:
HP: 55 Str: 45 Mag: 15 Skl: 50 Spd: 60 Luck: 40 Def: 30 Res: 20
Gatrie:
HP: 80 Str: 55 Mag: 5 Skl: 55 Spd: 25 Luck: 25 Def: 60 Res: 30
Nephenee:
HP: 55 Str: 40 Mag: 20 Skl: 55 Spd: 55 Luck: 35 Def: 25 Res: 35
Boyd:
HP: 75 Str: 60 Mag: 5 Skl: 50 Spd: 45 Luck: 35 Def: 25 Res: 25
Oscar:
HP: 55 Str: 45 Mag: 20 Skl: 50 Spd: 45 Luck: 30 Def: 35 Res: 30
More[/collapse]
[collapse="Average Stats at Lv 20"]Ike:
HP: 51.5 Str: 26 Mag: 10.6 Skl: 27 Spd: 28 Luck: 19.3 Def: 23.2 Res: 17.2
Zihark:
HP: 44.95 Str: 24 Mag: 7.35 Skl: 29 Spd: 30 Luck: 17.6 Def: 17.7 Res: 7.8
Gatrie:
HP: 58 Str: 29 Mag: 3.5 Skl: 24.5 Spd: 14.5 Luck: 12.5 Def: 30 Res: 12
Nephenee:
HP: 43.6 Str: 22.8 Mag: 9.4 Skl: 28 Spd: 26 Luck: 14 Def: 22.2 Res: 13
Boyd:
HP: 60 Str: 30 Mag: 2.85 Skl: 24.5 Spd: 23.65 Luck: 16.95 Def: 16.25 Res: 11.25
Oscar:
HP: 48.8 Str: 24.2 Mag: 10.2 Skl: 26 Spd: 25.2 Luck: 15.8 Def: 22.6 Res: 13.8
More
[/collapse]
Here we can see that, while not the highest around, Ike's speed stat is higher than average. Additionally, his stength may be somewhat high, but it's nothing compared to Boy or Gatrie(two characters who could be considered to be very powerful).
[collapse="Weights"]Ike: 9
Zihark: 10
Gatrie: 16
Nephenee: 10
Boyd: 10
Oscar: 33(mounted units weigh a lot more than non-mounted units)
More(along w/ bases)[/collapse]
Here we can see that Ike has a surprisingly low weight(it's even lower than Volke's if you can believe that), though he's not the lightest(mages and characters like Rolf and Sothe have much lower weights).

So again, there's very little in his ingame stats to suggest the Mighty Glacier playstyle that Sakurai came up with for him.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Nice cherry picking of data sets there. Again, I don't think RD had any influence on how Ike plays in Brawl(given that Ike's appearance and most of his animations are taken from PoR, plus the fact that he was revealed within a year of RD's release).

Ike's Brawl playstyle was pretty much pulled out of Sakurai's a$$, because there's nothing in PoR that suggests Ike should be a Mighty Glacier like he is in Brawl.

I'm going to compare Ike's stats to a couple of different characters: Zihark(A Fragile Speedster), Gatrie(a Might Glacier),Nephenee , Boyd, and Oscar)
[collapse="Growths"]Ike:
HP: 75 Str: 50 Mag: 20 Skl: 50 Spd: 55 Luck: 35 Def: 40 Res: 40
Zihark:
HP: 55 Str: 45 Mag: 15 Skl: 50 Spd: 60 Luck: 40 Def: 30 Res: 20
Gatrie:
HP: 80 Str: 55 Mag: 5 Skl: 55 Spd: 25 Luck: 25 Def: 60 Res: 30
Nephenee:
HP: 55 Str: 40 Mag: 20 Skl: 55 Spd: 55 Luck: 35 Def: 25 Res: 35
Boyd:
HP: 75 Str: 60 Mag: 5 Skl: 50 Spd: 45 Luck: 35 Def: 25 Res: 25
Oscar:
HP: 55 Str: 45 Mag: 20 Skl: 50 Spd: 45 Luck: 30 Def: 35 Res: 30
More[/collapse]
[collapse="Average Stats at Lv 20"]Ike:
HP: 51.5 Str: 26 Mag: 10.6 Skl: 27 Spd: 28 Luck: 19.3 Def: 23.2 Res: 17.2
Zihark:
HP: 44.95 Str: 24 Mag: 7.35 Skl: 29 Spd: 30 Luck: 17.6 Def: 17.7 Res: 7.8
Gatrie:
HP: 58 Str: 29 Mag: 3.5 Skl: 24.5 Spd: 14.5 Luck: 12.5 Def: 30 Res: 12
Nephenee:
HP: 43.6 Str: 22.8 Mag: 9.4 Skl: 28 Spd: 26 Luck: 14 Def: 22.2 Res: 13
Boyd:
HP: 60 Str: 30 Mag: 2.85 Skl: 24.5 Spd: 23.65 Luck: 16.95 Def: 16.25 Res: 11.25
Oscar:
HP: 48.8 Str: 24.2 Mag: 10.2 Skl: 26 Spd: 25.2 Luck: 15.8 Def: 22.6 Res: 13.8
More
[/collapse]
Here we can see that, while not the highest around, Ike's speed stat is higher than average. Additionally, his stength may be somewhat high, but it's nothing compared to Boy or Gatrie(two characters who could be considered to be very powerful).
[collapse="Weights"]Ike: 9
Zihark: 10
Gatrie: 16
Nephenee: 10
Boyd: 10
Oscar: 33(mounted units weigh a lot more than non-mounted units)
More(along w/ bases)[/collapse]
Here we can see that Ike has a surprisingly low weight(it's even lower than Volke's if you can believe that), though he's not the lightest(mages and characters like Rolf and Sothe have much lower weights).

So again, there's very little in his ingame stats to suggest the Mighty Glacier playstyle that Sakurai came up with for him.
As I've said before, I believe that Smash reflects the previous generation, and Ike's last appearance was on the Wii with RD. So I believe there is a good chance he could reflect his RD persona in Smash 4 should he been in it. Not talking about him in Brawl.

I was just pointing at two game appearances (their most recent appearances) where Ike and Chrom have different stat growths relative to those games. Just showing another difference the characters have, which was the original thing we were discussing.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
As I've said before, I believe that Smash reflects the previous generation, and Ike's last appearance was on the Wii with RD. So I believe there is a good chance he could reflect his RD persona in Smash 4 should he been in it. Not talking about him in Brawl.
That may be true, or it may not be.
I was just pointing at two game appearances (their most recent appearances) where Ike and Chrom have different stat growths relative to those games. Just showing another difference the characters have, which was the original thing we were discussing.
And my point was that the stat differences between the two won't mean jack sh*t. Sakurai pretty clearly didn't look at Ike's stats when creating his Brawl moveset/playstyle, and I honestly doubt he'd do anything different for Chrom.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
That may be true, or it may not be.

And my point was that the stat differences between the two won't mean jack ****. Sakurai pretty clearly didn't look at Ike's stats when creating his Brawl moveset/playstyle, and I honestly doubt he'd do anything different for Chrom.
Well, because in the game stats are relative. But there are clear elements from the game that influence Ike's playstyle. Ike's not the strongest character in the game, but he's clearly a stronger lord and above average in strength. That was carried over to Smash in his playstyle. I think he looked at the overall feel from Ike in the games and carried that over. Ike's most prominent feature as a lord was his strength early on, especially in relation to lords like Eliwood, Marth, and Eirika. I remembering being how surprised how useful he was in the game from the start. Marth clearly is influenced by his in game stats with his strong speed and weak defense. But we should probably discuss that in the Ike or FE thread.

I think does use the game stats as an influence but not as absolute. It's not absolute so the characters can be balance in relation to other characters (although they weren't really good at balancing so hence namco's involvement). I think they try to capture the spirit of the unit without being to tied down to the stats.

It appears to me that Sakurai can always change the effect of in game stats on the FE characters he selects for Smash for one simple reason: Anything Can Change!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Judging by him being a main character of the latest and really good selling fire emblem I say this guy might be the one who replaces ike if he gets kicked of coarse
Do you realize how pissed everyone would be if the most popular lord in the west was replaced by someone with mixed results?

WE LIKE IKE! :ike:

There's nothing to say that Marth, Ike, Chrom and even Roy can't all co-exist.

Hong

The Strongest
Sometimes SmashBoards character discussion starts to sound more and more like a bad parody of the bible.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Do you realize how pissed everyone would be if the most popular lord in the west was replaced by someone with mixed results?

I'm sorry but Ike is likly to be kicked because of predictions believe me I don't want him kicked either but its likly

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Predictions don't make anything likely. At all. People who think Ike is going to get cut believe the idea that Ike was just the "newest lord like Roy" therefore he will be replaced with newest lord Chrom. However, Roy was planned to be in with Ike and Marth anyway.

My guess is, if Chrom is getting in, he will get priority over Ike as Ike did in Brawl, but I think we'll at least get Marth, Chrom, and Ike.

I'd like Marth, Chrom, Ike, and Roy to be honest.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Stop pressing the Post Reply button twice. Even a complete moron should know this.
Get that ****ing unneeded hostility of yours out of this thread. It is unneeded and unwanted.

Anyway, as many have said before, Chrom getting in does not mean Ike is replaced. All it would do is upset fans of both characters.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Stop pressing the Post Reply button twice. Even a complete moron should know this.
Did you really have to reply to this and be a **** like you usually are?

For your information, the only reason I pressed it again was because I wasn't sure if I did in the first place. I was distracted by my dog and had to get up for a brief moment.

Still don't get why it is that you're in a thread for a character you clearly don't support, and then talk down to everybody else like you have a stick up your ass. Nobody here has done anything to personally insult you. So please, stop talking to me like i'm a piece of garbage.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I don't think anyone here is attacking Ike. Most are just promoting Chrom. Ike and Chrom can coexist in Smash.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't think anyone here is attacking Ike. Most are just promoting Chrom. Ike and Chrom can coexist in Smash.
When people like this exist:
I'm sorry but Ike is likly to be kicked because of predictions believe me I don't want him kicked either but its likly
You honestly think we should be happy? This is only a sample mind you, it's far worse on other sites.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Get that ****ing unneeded hostility of yours out of this thread. It is unneeded and unwanted.
He is right, though. But this forum does have one of the worse posting systems I've ever had to deal with.

Anyway, as many have said before, Chrom getting in does not mean Ike is replaced. All it would do is upset fans of both characters.
Well, here's what I don't get: why people are so quick to right Ike off when he has a completely unique Moveset. I would get it if were a Roy clone situation.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
When people like this exist:

You honestly think we should be happy? This is only a sample mind you, it's far worse on other sites.
If someone makes a prediction about Ike not being in the game, it's not that big a deal. Most people when they make their predictions have nothing against Ike. It's just a prediction. The most important quality of a prediction should be that it's right, not that people agree with that individual.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

If people think this is considered an attack on a character,

yet this isn't an attack on another board member is beyond me, even if you didn't straight up say he's a moron or even intended to imply it.

A lot of people would be upset if Ike were replaced by Chrom or even Roy and really being the newest Lord doesn't guarantee anything. It never guaranteed Ike's spot and it certainly won't guarantee Chrom's spot.

D

Deleted member

My guess is, if Chrom is getting in, he will get priority over Ike as Ike did in Brawl, but I think we'll at least get Marth, Chrom, and Ike.
Pretty much my feeling as well.
While not a guarantee, if Chrom is getting in, I see him getting higher priority than Ike or Roy.
Which then leads to whether Ike stays or Roy comes back. Between the two, Ike is more likely to stay.

So at this point, I'm doubting Roy's return unless Sakurai goes full-force with FE and includes 4 characters or brings in Roy and other "misfits" in later as DLC.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Pretty much my feeling as well.
While not a guarantee, if Chrom is getting in, I see him getting higher priority than Ike or Roy.
Which then leads to whether Ike stays or Roy comes back. Between the two, Ike is more likely to stay.

So at this point, I'm doubting Roy's return unless Sakurai goes full-force with FE and includes 4 characters or brings in Roy and other "misfits" in later as DLC.
I see Roy's chances very high if they keep him the pseudo-clone from Melee. Less chance of him being in if they make his Moveset more unique.

D

Deleted member

I doubt clone vs. semi-clone is going to play a part in the matter of his chances.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
If people think this is considered an attack on a character,

yet this isn't an attack on another board member is beyond me, even if you didn't straight up say he's a moron or even intended to imply it.

A lot of people would be upset if Ike were replaced by Chrom or even Roy and really being the newest Lord doesn't guarantee anything. It never guaranteed Ike's spot and it certainly won't guarantee Chrom's spot.
Sakurai has already pretty much said he doesn't "replace" characters on purpose.

"So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it's good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologize in advance to those fans."

Ike didn't replace Roy he just had higher priority since he was a new character. The same could happen with Chrom and Ike but I think Ike's moveset not being a clone at all helps his chances as does his seemingly very high western popularity. I wouldn't say anything is certain but if I were a betting man I'd place my bets on Marth, Ike and Chrom as the FE reps I'd be very surprised (in a good way) if we got more than 3 FE reps.

Honestly the whole "mixed results" thing is kinda BS. I think it's really just a vocal minority that actually dislikes him. Most people seem fine with him, might not be their favorite Lord but most don't actively dislike him like members of this board try to imply. He still won the most popular Male character in Awakening easily enough and even in the US facebook poll (which is to be taken with a grain heaping of salt) he scored in the top 5.

For comparisons sake Ike may be big in the west but he actually supposedly scores fairly low on most Japanese polls so you could just as easily say he has "mixed results." For the record I'm not trying to talk down Ike, he's my favorite Lord (I've only played the US games though) just commenting that I think the whole "mixed reception" of Chrom is highly exaggerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom