• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing's Friendly Merchant: The Tom Nook Thread [CHANCES UP BY 100%]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Very neat concept for a moveset, but I think the recovery should be him flying like Tanooki Mario.
Perhaps you could add the Tanooki statue transformation also as a Down-B.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
cool move set, Zhadgon
I really like it how you emphasize it on currency. it makes it a very unique and cool concept.
the only problem I have is how plain the final smash is its tom nook so I kind of expects his final smash his to be interesting of some sort.
but I guess there is not much more you can do with bells. oh well its still pretty cool.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Very neat concept for a moveset, but I think the recovery should be him flying like Tanooki Mario.
Perhaps you could add the Tanooki statue transformation also as a Down-B.
That would be neat, I will add it, I was with mental block on how to represent his down B. About the recovery I think I will keep the fishing rod, is closer as to what Tom Nook can use from Animal Crossing and Villager dosen´t use one.

cool move set, Zhadgon
I really like it how you emphasize it on currency. it makes it a very unique and cool concept.
the only problem I have is how plain the final smash is its tom nook so I kind of expects his final smash his to be interesting of some sort.
but I guess there is not much more you can do with bells. oh well its still pretty cool.
Yeah Maybe at the same time is raining sacks of bells the store is summoned too where it starts launching furniture from the insides and even summoning the Tom Nook sons too making it chaotic with the sacks of bells dropping, the store launching furniture everywhere and Tom Nook with his sons wrecking havoc in the stage XD.
.n_n.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Nook attacking with a bag of bells would be very appropriate for him and look cute at the same time. Also I propose his items (axe and shovel specifically) be of Gold color to match his love of money.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I think VIllager will use the fishing rod as a grab though. It sounds pretty obvious for the VIllager.
It would feel out of place for Tom Nook to use a fishing rod IMO.
Well yeah but Tom Nook flying and having Tanooki powers for me it will be outplace too XD.
.n_n.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
But it's pretty appropriate for a Raccoon actually in my eyes.
Yeah but I relate more with those powers someone as Mario than Tom Nook that hasn´t any move or any character from Animal Crossing with that mythic creature. That´s why I´m trying more the concept of evolving and leveling up (because of the progression of the game where you get a new upgrade to the house the store upgrade too and the same for Tom Nook), furniture and items of what he sell in his store and finally the whole economic system that if I most say the main gear of all is Tom Nook.

.n_n.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Well the moves can be out of place right? They did this with the VIllager having a Balloon Fighter move. It would be neat if Tom Nook referenced one of the most recognizable Mario-power ups.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well the moves can be out of place right? They did this with the VIllager having a Balloon Fighter move. It would be neat if Tom Nook referenced one of the most recognizable Mario-power ups.
I think the reason Villager has the balloons of Ballon Fighter is for two situations, in the GameCube version of Animal Crossing you can get the original NES game of Balloon Fighter (Ice Climbers and Donkey Kong too, all of them are playable) and the second one I think that move took inspiration from the surprise gifts that sometimes you can find flying in the sky attached to a red balloon (thats why they are not blue, yellow or green).

.n_n.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I think its possible that's it's the second suggestion. I don't think Sakurai would look at the fact that Animal Crossing has Balloon Fighter on it, it's a pretty minor secret.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I think its possible that's it's the second suggestion. I don't think Sakurai would look at the fact that Animal Crossing has Balloon Fighter on it, it's a pretty minor secret.
But still there is the chance, I mean every character or at least most of them have been researched to create a moveset, so I think he did get the Idea from the grifts and then found out about the cameo of Balloon Fighter in Animal Crossing or maybe it was first Balloon Fighter and then the gifts and how he come with the idea to create that move, so is not farfetched that Villager has that incorporated into his gameplay (and lets not forget that Sakurai from the start did want Balloon Fighter or even considered him to be playable but because of the lack moves he didn´t think was possible but now that Villager is in play and how both games did interact with each other, he finally realize that Ballon Fighter could be playable in some way with Villager).
.n_n.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
He must've played lots of Animal Crossing to find out that secret. Is there any secret game Tom Nook can refer to for his moves?

Also I think Sakurai had wanted to plan Villager since Smash 64, perhaps it was long overdue that Animal Crossing deserves two characters.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
He must've played lots of Animal Crossing to find out that secret. Is there any secret game Tom Nook can refer to for his moves?

Also I think Sakurai had wanted to plan Villager since Smash 64, perhaps it was long overdue that Animal Crossing deserves two characters.
To answer your question which games are playable in Animal Crossing are the follow:

-) Balloon Fight (Incorporated into Villager moveset).
-) Clu Clu Land
-) Donkey Kong
-) Donkey Kong Jr. Math
-) Excitebike
-) Golf
-) Pinball
-) Tennis
-) Wario's Woods
-) Baseball
-) Soccer
-) Donkey Kong Jr.
-) Donkey Kong 3
-) Clu Clu Land D
-) Punch-Out!! (Interesting maybe that´s why Villager use boxing gloves as one of his moves).
-) Mario Bros
-) Ice Climber
-) Super Mario Bros
-) The Legend of Zelda

Source: NES Games - Animal Crossing

Maybe Tom Nook could get moves from Clu Clu Land and Mario Woods?

.n_n.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You do realize that Animal Crossing got its first international release after Melee?

The Villager was in basically the same situation as Olimar pre-Brawl, except for Sakurai's quote.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'll just post my moveset from earlier:

Neutral-B: Broom Duster: Tom Nook creates big dust clouds that cover about the size of 4 Bowsers. This can be mainly used to surprise opponents with the Furniture Toss.

Side-B: Furniture Toss: Tom Nook throws out a random furniture, the longer you charge it the bigger the furniture. Although

Up-B: Tanooki Flight: Tom Nook uses his Tanooki tail to fly into great heights. This move is similar to Pit's Up-B and controls just like you would have in Super Mario Bros. 3.

Down-B: Nook Statue: Tom Nook turns into a statue which causes Nook to fall hard to knock opponents hard. Although similar to Kirby's, Nook's statue can be broken by damaging it.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Neutral-B: Broom Duster: Tom Nook creates big dust clouds that cover about the size of 4 Bowsers. This can be mainly used to surprise opponents with the Furniture Toss.
HOLY CRAP do you have any idea how tall 4 bowsers are?

almost as big as how big people think Ridley is!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, I will be fine with Tom Nook as the second Animal Crossing character if he is not a clone of Villager.

B: Collect (same as Villager where he picks up items and projectiles)
Side+B: Tail Attack (like Raccoon Mario in Super Mario Bros. 3, it deflects projectiles and flips opponents to the opposite direction like Mario's cape)
Up+B: Fly (like Raccoon Mario in Super Mario Bros. 3)
Down+B: Tanooki Statue (sometimes he becomes a Gyroid)
Final Smash: Real Estate (he makes houses rise out of the ground like Dr. Wright Assist Trophy)

Smady

Smash Master
Nice OP! Please add me to the list of supporters. I don't think Tom Nook should use random Animal Crossing props, that's the Villager's thing, but he can have a moveset based on hoarding and taking money from the foe, in the form of damage. It would be obtuse, but could be very fun, balanced and in-character for Nook. Sadly I do find it unlikely that Animal Crossing will get another rep, until Smash 5 anyway, due to how difficult a Tom Nook set would be to make intuitive more than anything, but it'd be a great surprise.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I would like to be added to supporters list if you don't mind ^^
Anyway I did imagine he would have a move (like one of the specials) where he tosses a leaf and it turns to furniture. Also a fun idea for his final smash would be that he opens up shop in the middle of the stage and random villagers start running towards it causing damage to players who get trampled by them.

Smady

Smash Master
No Tom Nook on Smashville and an Isabelle assist trophy instead of Tom Nook. He has to be in the game somewhere - he was already shown off in Villager's trailer - so where is he? Good signs for Tom Nook playable.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Her fans are weird alright. Just google "Isabelle Animal Crossing", I dare you to.
Too late. I did it.

I find the humanized Isabelle's surprisingly adorable. And then there's...the rest.

Sigh.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
If Nook gets in (which is looking more and more likely unless Sakurai decides to show him off in the BG at some point), I really hope his moveset isn't just generic stuff not used by the Villager.

Smady

Smash Master
Well he can't be cutting down trees or using an ax very well.

I can see Nook being a comical version of Villager. An AC character naturally has to use tonnes of props, as they have no natural offensive capabilities.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well he can't be cutting down trees or using an ax very well.

I can see Nook being a comical version of Villager. An AC character naturally has to use tonnes of props, as they have no natural offensive capabilities.
Wait... The Villager isn't comical? A lot of the stuff he does, like tripping with a pot or growing an entire tree just to chop it down onto an opponent, strike me as actions that would be considered funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom