• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing's Friendly Merchant: The Tom Nook Thread [CHANCES UP BY 100%]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tom Nook would be the most excellent Luigi style clone for Animal Crossing.

I really want him to get in. Then maybe Resetti can enter the fray in SSB6 or something.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Now that we've got a new OP, I might as well leave this here, use it if you want legendofrob:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hey, you can add this to the OP if you want for people to add to the signature.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Has anyone got the new(ish) animal crossing plaza wii U app? I haven't yet. is it worth it if you don't have new leaf?

also: bump

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Here's a challenger approaching screen I made. Finally, I got the right opponent!

What do you think?​

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmm... how likley is his appearance now that the villager has been confirmed? Anyone?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
There's a theory that Tom Nook sees the letter after the Villager drops it. Which works for me.

Animal Cross is a very strong Nintendo series. It has sold well and moves systems. I don't think there would be any problem with two characters.

Certain conversations have made me realize Tom Nook might be the best capitalist in all of Nintendo. And perhaps the best villain.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think there's a problem with two AC characters. I just doubt we'll get any more this time around. I also think Sakurai wouldn't have the easiest time working with Tom Nook moveset-wise, considering Villager's moveset embodies AC as a whole pretty well, and it's not like the series lends itself easily to a fighting moveset. It's not impossible, but I'd say it's pretty unlikely.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I don't think there's a problem with two AC characters. I just doubt we'll get any more this time around. I also think Sakurai wouldn't have the easiest time working with Tom Nook moveset-wise, considering Villager's moveset embodies AC as a whole pretty well, and it's not like the series lends itself easily to a fighting moveset. It's not impossible, but I'd say it's pretty unlikely.
His moveset would be hard, but I think it could be unique at least. He could use Bells... which we all know he has quite the craving for. I haven't seen any of the Villager's moveset have the use of bells, which is odd.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Though it's not likely that Nook will show up this game, I think the idea of Tom Nook having the Tanooki Suit's abilities holds merit.
Perhaps he could also turn into a statue and gain invulnerability like Tanooki Mario does, but that could lead to Crazy Redd selling worthless counterfeits of Tom Nook, and that's just TOO meta.

Perhaps he could also fill Dr. Wright's role and cause houses and Public Works Projects to sprout from the ground.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Though it's not likely that Nook will show up this game, I think the idea of Tom Nook having the Tanooki Suit's abilities holds merit.
Perhaps he could also turn into a statue and gain invulnerability like Tanooki Mario does, but that could lead to Crazy Redd selling worthless counterfeits of Tom Nook, and that's just TOO meta.

Perhaps he could also fill Dr. Wright's role and cause houses and Public Works Projects to sprout from the ground.
Wow those are some genius ideas right there.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
nook's an iconic character. basically the only AC character I knew of before I played the games.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if someone had this idea before, but what if Tom Nook appears in the game as some kind of shop keeper, like, there's a Trophy shop where you buy the trophies and stickers with points that you got playing, and the owner is Tom Nook.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
I actually think the AC series lends itself very well to a fighting moveset.

I remember lurking on here pre-E3, seeing everybody saying "AC will never get a playable character in Smash because of the nature of the series" blah blah blah, and I always thought that it would get at least one. I don't even think Nook's that unlikely seeing as he doesn't appear on the AC stage, though he may be part of Villager's FS.

Anyway, back to my original point. There are so many different activities you perform on AC that it actually lends itself very well to Smash movesets, with all kinds of tools and quirks that can be exploited.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I also want to add from the post of ShichibukaiJimbe that maybe after every trophy, music, stage and sticker is sold from the store, Tom Nook says that he has nothing more left that only his persona and suddenly the screen appears "Challenger Approaching", it would be so awesome and WTF at the same time.
.n_n.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I don't know where to post this, so I will leave it here, is any shopkeeper left to add to this pic.

.n_n.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
My idea of Furniture would be like Peach´s Down B move where she pull the turnips, for Tom Nook would be furniture of different sizes, small 60% chance, medium 25% chance, big 10% chance and a 5% of pulling a rare furniture with high damage or especial abilities.

.n_n.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Perhaps he could use those furniture to make a impassable wall for opponents.
Yup I was thinking in something like that putting tables, chairs, tvs, paitings, refrigerators and maybe with a strike of luck pull out his twin sons and they start doing some crazy stuff with the scenery, it would be awesome if they put in some way the sons of Tom Nook.
.n_n.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
My idea of Furniture would be like Peach´s Down B move where she pull the turnips, for Tom Nook would be furniture of different sizes, small 60% chance, medium 25% chance, big 10% chance and a 5% of pulling a rare furniture with high damage or especial abilities.

.n_n.
Yup I was thinking in something like that putting tables, chairs, tvs, paitings, refrigerators and maybe with a strike of luck pull out his twin sons and they start doing some crazy stuff with the scenery, it would be awesome if they put in some way the sons of Tom Nook.
.n_n.
. . . . . . . . . . .
that is actually a really good idea, now it makes me want this moveset more in the game

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
maybe he could place furniture in front of him, creating a immpassable wall that could eventually break. then he could push it off cliffs for serious edgeguarding.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Tom Nook Moveset:

Normal B "Debt": Tom Nook will hit the target with his fists each time the character is smack with this move it will start to get a debt, if it gets bigger it will mean bigger damage from Tom Nook when he hits with any of his attacks. The character can pay some of the debt if they hit Tom Nook. For every 25 bells of debt the character will get 1% more of damage for each attack that receives from Tom Nook.

Up B "Fishing Costumers": Tom Nook pull out a fishing rod where he can hit the target and for a second pull the character toward him or if there is a item in the stage it can be pulled, it functions as a recovery move too, if he hit a wall he will be able to pull himself to the edge if he is close to it.

Side B "Shop Tycoon": Tom Nook start throwing furniture it can only put three pieces at time until one of them is destroyed or disappear, the furniture can be of different sizes, small 60% chance, medium 25% chance, big 10% chance and a 5% chance of summoning his two sons to wreck havoc in the stage.

Down B "Enterprise": If Tom Nook is attacked when doing this move he will level up, he has access to three levels; 1st is the start and Tom Nook only has his half blue apron, 2nd is Tom Nook with his full white apron, 3rd is Tom Nook with his multicolor shirt and 4th level is Tom Nook with his blue suit. Doing this move Tom Nook transform in a statue of himself for a few seconds.

To level up to second upgrade: +1 hit (1 hit total).
To level up to third upgrade: +2 hits (3 hits total).
To level up to fourth upgrade: +3 hits (6 hits total).

With each new level the especial attacks of Tom Nook will be even better:

Normal B: Level 1: 5% of damage and 10 bells of debt, level 2: 15% of damage and 25 bells of debt, level 3: 25% of damage and 50 bells of debt and level 4: 35% of damage and 100 bells of debt.

Up B: Level 1: Normal Rod short reach and weak pull (only light characters can get pulled and small furniture), level 2: Super Rod better reach and normal pull (normal to light characters can be pulled and medium to light furniture can be pulled), level 3: Mega Rod farther reach and hard pull (bigger / normal / light characters can be pulled and the biggest furniture can be pulled), level 4: Golden Rod the longest reach and the best pull of all (anything can be pulled items, characters, furniture and even the Smash Ball).

Side B: Level 1: the same explanation as above, level 2: 50% of small furniture, 30% of medium furniture, 15% of big furniture and 5% of Tom Nook sons to be summoned, level 3: 40% of small furniture, 35% of medium furniture, 20% of big furniture and 5% of Tom Nook sons to be summoned, level 4: 20% of small furniture, 40% of medium furniture, 20% of big furniture and 20% of Tom Nook sons to be summoned.

Tom Nook can lose upgrades if he gets hit enough times before he can level up to the next level or in the case of dying he lose all his upgrades.

.n_n.

Edited:

Final Smash (It's Raining Money):
Sacks of bells start dropping from the sky, if the sacks hit a character that character will get the debt of that sack and receive damage, Tom Nook will be upgraded to level 4 instantly. The sacks will have different amounts 100 bells, 1,000 bells, 10,000 bells and even in rare occasions 30,000 bells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom