• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Maybe that's too small, but Once a week or two weeks is too long IMO, a lot of AC is built around the changing weather (IE fishing and bug catching) and it should change more than that.
Much smaller than once a week is too small. 6 days is probably the minimum I'd go for. A lot of Animal Crossing is based on changing weather, but you don't always have rain/snow every 4 days in the game. So to shorten it that much would be foolish.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I think there should be a feature where we can do activities with Villagers, because running errands, having a fishing contest where the opponent does nothing, and small talk isn't enough.

freetyme

Smash Cadet
I've only played Wild World, I've heard it's very similar to the GC version, is this true?

I want to get Animal Crossing for Wii, it sounds fun with possible online and weather channel features, my question is this:

What are your personal thoughts on more varied terrain. In Wild World there aren't even any hills!

Ørion

Smash Ace
I've only played Wild World, I've heard it's very similar to the GC version, is this true?

I want to get Animal Crossing for Wii, it sounds fun with possible online and weather channel features, my question is this:

What are your personal thoughts on more varied terrain. In Wild World there aren't even any hills!
Ya, the GC is similar to WW, but IMO its better.

That would be cool if they made the terrain somewhat more varied; maybe different bugs would be on hills vs. flat areas.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
An idea my friend had:

Alright, you got your village where you and your peeps playing on the same Wii live. Your online friends can visit you there only when your gate is open. Then, you should have your city, where you and all of your registered friends onlnie can visit whenever. And then, there should be the huge online world, where anyone can enter at any time. And there you have it. It offers MMO without changing the core game.
Something like this. My only problems would be not a city but different types of large open woodlands (or something, because a city environment doesn't seem to suit AC) and there would have to be multiple servers to handle the amount of people.

Thoughts?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
If we had weather channel syncing, I would be screwed. I live in a desert, so it rains maybe twice a month where I live, and even then not for very long. It would also require and internet connection, and for those who don't have one it would be a bit unfair. Maybe the weather channel syncing will only work for rain and snow, but the game will still randomly generate rain/snow days regardless of whether or not it's like that in real life.

Games'n'Music

Smash Cadet
If we had weather channel syncing, I would be screwed. I live in a desert, so it rains maybe twice a month where I live, and even then not for very long. It would also require and internet connection, and for those who don't have one it would be a bit unfair. Maybe the weather channel syncing will only work for rain and snow, but the game will still randomly generate rain/snow days regardless of whether or not it's like that in real life.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It would be unfair to those who don't have internet.
It does sound like a cool concept, though.

Also, I know this has been mentioned before, but I really think they should add new skin colors. Tans are cool, but I'd like my character to stay that tanned color forever. I got used to my tan before, and now I think my character looks way to pale. :laugh:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
If you hung out on the beech you'd get a tan.
Holy crap. That is probably one of the best things ever mentioned in this thread. It seems so obvious, but so not obvious at the same time.

And maybe if you're outside to long, you'll get sunburned. Extra little things like that are what can make Animal Crossing worthy to be one of Nintendo's great franchises.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
lol, yeah.

Plus it rarely ever snows around where I live. That would be a sad winter. :( But it would be raining every day in the Spring and Summer for me!

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Holy crap. That is probably one of the best things ever mentioned in this thread. It seems so obvious, but so not obvious at the same time.

And maybe if you're outside to long, you'll get sunburned. Extra little things like that are what can make Animal Crossing worthy to be one of Nintendo's great franchises.
You could get a tan in GCN AC.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, during the summer. So I imagine you'd probably get a tan if you played it a lot today.

I remember how dark my character got... I was like "Huh?". lol

Ørion

Smash Ace
ITS ANNOUNCED! Animal Crossing City Folk, it's like the old one but includes an extra area with a city as well as the usual small village. There is also voice chat available! I like this, any other opinions?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It'd better be.

The main thing I'm most glad about is THE RETURN OF REAL HOLIDAYS.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
What bums me out is you still have to water flowers. Lame sauce. And it looks like most of the game is based off WW. I suppose the city thing is kinda cool. And the return of hills is nice.

Ørion

Smash Ace
Some things about the gamel (These are assumptions from the current two trailers available):

Meh things (for some at least)

There are no acres.

You must water plants.

You do have an option to make yourself your own mii.

Some positives:

ITS A NEW ANIMAL CROSSING!!!!!!!!!!

There is an entirely new area with a city along with what you have.

Wiispeak (AKA voice chat :))

Most likely, you can expand your house more and there will be more furniture, clothes, fish, bugs etc.

There is an auction house to connect with other players.

You can send letters with pictures to other people in other towns, wii message boards, computers, and cell phones.

The return of many basic principles of animal crossing.

Holidays such as Halloween, New Years, and Easter (i think) have returned!

There appears to be an actual HRA building where maybe you can get advice on your home?

Lots of personalization is still included.

Other people can come to your house from anywhere for simultaneous play.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Just to make a list of everything major that has been confirmed for City Folk:

- WiiSpeak
- Fully integrated online
- HRA building which showcases highest scores from around the world
- Holildays return
- Auction house
- Message sending can be used to send info to computers and cell phones now

Pretty much all the big stuff.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, I guess this is one good thing coming from Nintendo at E3 this year.

Finally, voice chat, and a fully online game? that's pretty awesome to me.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I don't like it either, but you don't HAVE to.
A lot of annoying 10-year-olds will and when they see me in their town with a regular Animal Crosser they'll start to gripe and moan about how much of a noob I am. Then I'll buy that item they wanted from nooks and then sell it to them for 10 times the price.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't like it either, but you don't HAVE to.
Yes, I didn't like the idea either.. But the way they did it is at a happy medium. Which I don't mind. Just as long as I'm not forced to use my Mii. =P

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Man, I can't wait. Everything about it sounds awesome! My only complaint is that I wish you could actually live in the big city. Living in a small country town has been nice for the past 2, but it'd be a nice change of pace.

Also I wish it was cel-shaded. But that's probably just me.

Top Bottom