• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

And Then They Came Home: Why I Love Character Reveals and Why You Probably Do Too

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One thing I do like about Rosalina's inclusion is that the Mario Galaxy games were truly magical and I see her as a tribute to them. I think there are few games that have filled me with a sense of childlike wonderment as the original Galaxy game did and there were so many times where I just let Mario stand still, looked at the scenery or listened to the music, and just soaked it all in. They were games that were lovingly crafted and this shines all the way through them.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
One thing I do like about Rosalina's inclusion is that the Mario Galaxy games were truly magical and I see her as a tribute to them. I think there are few games that have filled me with a sense of childlike wonderment as the original Galaxy game did and there were so many times where I just let Mario stand still, looked at the scenery or listened to the music, and just soaked it all in. They were games that were lovingly crafted and this shines all the way through them.

Super Mario Galaxy is my game. I love it. I can just play it for hours. I'll sit there, in the Comet Observatory, and just listen and watch everything happen.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I'm very attached to the Mario Galaxy games. I think the first one is the best game ever made. The music, the level design, the everything. It was also the only game I had for my Wii for a solid year until Brawl came out. I've spent lots of time with Rosalina and the Luma crew in the Comet Observatory, so I am extremely excited that Rosalina is in Smash. I think I'm gonna main her when the game comes out.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If no other newcomer I'm interested in makes it in. Rosalina will definitely be my main. Toon Link will be my secondary this time around. :)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So many feels...she makes me remember Super Mario Galaxy's ending...and her heartwarming storybook plot ;~;
This was great, I was so excited when I saw that blast star!
Although, for all the people saying they'll main her...she does look like a pretty difficult character to play as! With her proxy playstyle and all!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hopefully the phantom is a move, it'll make her more appealing that she already is.

That said, good OP fatman.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, I hope Sakurai says something about it soon because, depending on what it ends up being, we might have a confirmation of our very first character cut and I'd rather him get it out of the way now than drag it out.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I really didn't ever like Shiek, I feel like she's on the same league as Mario's F.L.U.D.D or his Star-Pattern 64 coins (Instead of the modern, standard design). I mean, Shiek's a character from one game that has been considered relevant for Sakurai for more than she deserves to...Shiek's not important to Princess Zelda or the Zelda Universe anymore, so making Princess Zelda the actual focus of her own character's actually a pretty good call, I prefer Sheik being cut over someone original and creative like ROB or Lucario/Mewtwo.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Maybe it's just because she's been with the franchise for 12 years but I don't want to see Sheik cut. If any cuts absolutely have to be made, I'd prefer it to be characters that premiered in Brawl although, truth be told, I'd prefer if no one was.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Maybe it's just because she's been with the franchise for 12 years but I don't want to see Sheik cut. If any cuts absolutely have to be made, I'd prefer it to be characters that premiered in Brawl although, truth be told, I'd prefer if no one was.
This so much. I so anti cuts that I want Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Young Link's flights to finally make it in.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I honestly don't know what to think if Sheik gets cut. On one hand, Sheik provides her own unique moveset that no character has ever cloned off, as well as being a rather popular character competitively. She just happens to be tied to another character. On the other hand, with Zelda being a recurring character in her games and Sheik appearing in Ocarina of Time only, it would seem kind of weird to carry her on. Zelda also takes other disguises throughout her games. But then again, Sheik and Zelda were paired with the same incarnations in Brawl without a problem.

Maybe their just looking for space to cut, I dunno. Sheik never really made any bulk room that Zelda didn't even if it is just more character data to put in. Maybe start with the Brawl roster or take no cuts from it and build from there. I have a feeling they're going to trim some Melee fat though. So be ready.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dedede was the reveal on the Brawl Dojo that made me happiest. He has done exactly the same thing this time around, at least until Meta Knight or Ridley. Welcome back big guy!

Shroob

Sup?
King Dedede and Diddy were the two reveals for Brawl that made me *squee* the most.... So nice to see them back to back this time.;)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Same here. When he was revealed I sat and listened to his theme for probably a solid hour to celebrate.
I'm doing that just now. I think I listened to his theme the whole day when he was first revealed for Brawl.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dedede was the Kirby character that actually made me want to give the franchise a try. Happy to see the King return in HD glory and expressiveness.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So good, if this isn't DeDeDe's FS this time...

...I'll flip my ****...and it has to have this song playing!
Now I just need Meta Knight and ZSS for good veteran reveals! If Zelda, Peach and WFT look like they do...I can only imagine the hawtness that ZSS will be...and...FIGHT ME!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be honest...

I get a similar feeling with stages too....

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
To be honest...

I get a similar feeling with stages too....
Me too, that's why I loved seeing Good Egg Galaxy and Rainbow Road...those places are memorable and make me happy...now, if we just had Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp, my nostalgia would skyrocket.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lucario's one of the teammates in White 2, so this was a nice surprise. Not to mention he'll throw back to my liking at Kotetsu/Cameron from Pokemon TV and Korrina at the same time.

I'm talkin' about this dude here.

Makes me already sad because Pokemon X & Y-anime is back to D&P-style formula of corpse plot devices, now a romantic character inteerest to the protagonist from the female tag-along and what else that made me turn back to Pokemon-anime since Advanced Generation. (And only going back to it with Best Wishes due fresh start.)

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Lucario, just a great Friday surprise from Sakurai, now I don't know if I want him to keep the badass aura storm or make the FS a mega.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Glad to have another new series included.

That always seems to immortalize the series, you know?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So far, almost all newcomers have been from new series. This makes me hopeful for other smaller series too.

Top Bottom