• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It's fine if the Serebii supporters don't agree with me, I don't expect them too. But don't tell the rest of us to "stop questioning his credibility" or "leave him alone" He is, quite frankly, not doing a thing right now except debunking rosters with his supposed info. Why should I just sit here and accept his supposed word an treat him diffrent then the rest of the leakers, when he is barely doing anything? I have every right to question his credibility and motives, as this is a free forum, and I am in no way flaming or bashing him.
I think you'll go far in this forum. :)

And I'm done with this thread. I've explained:

1. Why none of what's on the first post should be believed, at ALL.

2. Why Rapscouter is lying (bullets? In MY SSB!? Don't think so...)

3. Why Joe Serebii should not be considered above any of the other prophets (LUCARIO REPLACING MEWTWO?! Yeah, I've heard that one EVERYWHERE already...)

4. Why there's so much fake info running around right now that there's no point in believing anything that doesn't have screens to back it up.

Within the next 13 days, the information will be leaked. It'll be leaked before any (and I mean ANY) of these prophets could edit their info and pretend to be in the know, or it's already out there in one of the other thousands of fake rosters and we won't know about it until the real leak hits, replete with screenshots.

That is all. Good day.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo may've prosecuted and made no comment about it in 2001, but that all changed when Sony blackballed Kotaku. If Nintendo even suggests they might prosecute a leaker now, it will be all over Kotaku like it was the clue, and everyone will say the roster is true and that Nintendo is being mean. Sometimes, inaction is better than reaction. As long as the real list remains merely text, no one will notice it among the oodles of fake ones, at least until AFTER Brawl comes out. Then Nintendo can prosecute and blackball with no impunity. =P

Hell, I actually believe Nintendo has hired viral marketers to give out fake list after fake list in the hopes of no one seeing the tree in the forest, when the roster is eventually leaked, much like all popular franchises are.

skiks

Smash Cadet
I could care less if he reveals it or not, and I'm not expecting him to do any favors, especially since he didn't even the questions I had about lawsuits last night.

But to all these staunch defenders of Serebii who say to just leave him alone, no. Oh dear god, I am actually asking legitimate questions (not about the roster) and doubting the creditbility of this "almighty god", and now his loyal minions must see to it that I and anyone else who doubts him are silenced. This is absolutely ridiculous. This is the whole reason I posted in the first place, I hate this kind of attitude and have seen it throughout the whole thread.

As Smash Brother pointed out, if Serebii wanted to be left alone (and in this case, his followers wanted him to be left alone) then he shouldn't have said that he knows anything in the first place.

It's fine if the Serebii supporters don't agree with me, I don't expect them too. But don't tell the rest of us to "stop questioning his credibility" or "leave him alone" He is, quite frankly, not doing a thing right now except debunking rosters with his supposed info. Why should I just sit here and accept his supposed word an treat him diffrent then the rest of the leakers, when he is barely doing anything? I have every right to question his credibility and motives, as this is a free forum, and I am in no way flaming or bashing him.
Thats fine I just enjoy pointing out flaws in arguments. Believe it or not I bother Joe more then I help him. Please Joe has no God complex to begin with. At this point seems it's just believe what you want we'll see what happens. The only difference is I'd believe Joe before I believe those random users.
The only thing I saw is people try to debunk credibility without even listening to actual reason. Especially when apparently he is unknown to some but not to all. That logic I had to throw out the window because it really did not make sense to me.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
To eventually give it out when given permission to... even IGN's Matt Cassamasina (sp?) has his own sources that tell him things WEEKS in advance. He even knew about NiGHTS Journey of Dreams and M&S at the Olympic Games before we did. He was never allowed to tell though, he was only allowed to give subtle hints, and even then those had to be ambiguous and cryptic. People like him get information earlier because they want it earlier so they can put it up on their site the minute they're told to. You aren't given permission to do anything with the information you received until a later date UNLESS, it is an exclusive.

Just wanted to point out that Cassamassina is on hell of a lot higher level than Serebii is. First indication?

ign.com = Official Website

serebii.net = Fan website

It's like comparing Nintendo's NSider Forums to NSider2 or the other fan websites that have spawned up, no matter how popular they are.

In other words, it's Matt's job to know that kind of stuff....

Meh. At this point, it's still null, and I'm too drained to talk about it any longer.

Arteen

Smash Lord
DBGTmax9909 is the first liar to mention Isaac. I'm surprised that no one else on this list has mentioned him.

Reptilian Overlord

Smash Rookie
I think you'll go far in this forum. :)
Thanks. You brought up alot of great points in this thread. I guess I'm pretty much done with the thread myself, unless Serebii decides to respond to anything I said.

Thats fine I just enjoy pointing out flaws in arguments. Believe it or not I bother Joe more then I help him. Please Joe has no God complex to begin with. At this point seems it's just believe what you want we'll see what happens. The only difference is I'd believe Joe before I believe those random users.
I know Serebii himself dosen't have a god complex, but it seems many members in here treat him as one, and that's what annoyed me. At first, back in December or so, I wanted to believe him above the other leakers too, but it's now 14 days until relase, and he still hasn't said anything outside of the "debunking", so I now doubt him just the same as the others.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
You know, I saw a few mentions as to why the hell rapscouter was including lies in his post if he was legit. Everyone says buffer room, but it got me thinking back to his initial post. It was something to do with the lies being include due to the fact he wanted to get the fans to think rather then swallow information obediently. That would at least indicate that the lies should be able to be spotted with a bit of thought.

"-Super Smash Bros. will be on the Virtual Console Feb. 4th. (The idea has been tossed around among leakers)"

This one we really can't tell until the date.

-Blastoise, Zapdos, Luxray, Combusken, and Grovyle eill be pokeball pokemon. (Blastoise & Zapdos are likely to return)

Is Blastoise really likely to return now that Squirtle is a playable? And is Combusken going to be a Pokemon when Torchic already is?

-There will be no more delays, this game will be out Feb. 10th. This game is Finished and has been finished the only reason it was delayed is so it didn't conflict with Super Mario Galaxy's sales.

We already got a delay so.... yeah. And given that part of the reason was that the game wasn't finished on time, this one lies.

-The Dojo will reveal the 3rd third party character not this week, but the following week. (1/14/2008-1/18/2008)

rapscouter better be praying for Friday, at this point. Actually, I just thought of something after looking at the next one. What if it's not a playable character? If a Tails AT is confirmed, does this not fit the criteria? :ohwell:

-Metal Gear Solid will have three ATs, Cyber Ninja, Revolver Ocelot, and someone else who will bring a smile to your face. Revolver Ocelot stands on on side of the level and rapidly fires at everyone other that the person who threw the AT.

Given the "No Guns" rule that was imposed on Snake, I find it highly unlikely that this Revolver Ocelot AT is true.

-Ditto is an extremely powerful pokeball pokemon.

He was planned for Melee, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him there.

Many people will not be surprised by the third 3rd party character, but many will be.

To vague.

-Sothe, Trace, Professor Oak, and Kiddy Kong are Assist Trophiess. (Sothe was confirmed at JumpFesta; forbrawlbattle said Sothe, Trace & Professor Oak as well)

Sothe is in already. Sakurai said characters have to originate from games, not anime/manga, which I think Prof. Oak and Tracy would fall under. I don't know whether that applies to AT's or not.

-Luigi's Mansion, Gorons Mountain, and Kaptain K. Rool's ship are levels in SSBB.

The mansion is suspected to have been seen in the Autumn video. The others, maybe.

-The third 3rd party's character level is from the same series, but not from the same game as him.

To vague.

-1/2 of the SSB levels and 1/3 of SSBM levels are going to be in SSBB with improved graphics

It's called "Melee Stages", not "Stages from previous installments". I doubt this.

-There's really a forth third party character that's gonna blow minds, don't who it is because my friend wouldn't even tell me.

You spelt "fourth" wrong. Anyway, this could, maybe, might, slim chance of happening. 2-3 more was a tentative ballpark estimation.

On closer inspection, more then three of these seem shoddy when held up to evidence that we have.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
-Sothe, Trace, Professor Oak, and Kiddy Kong are Assist Trophiess. (Sothe was confirmed at JumpFesta; forbrawlbattle said Sothe, Trace & Professor Oak as well)

Sothe is in already. Sakurai said characters have to originate from games, not anime/manga, which I think Prof. Oak and Tracy would fall under. I don't know whether that applies to AT's or not.
*cough*

Professor Oak is in the beginning of Pokemon R/B/Y. He didn't originate anywhere else. The games came out before the show.
As for Tracy? Where does it mention him? Trace? I think that's two different Trace-s, cuz I think "Trace" was a Hunter in Metroid Prime: Hunters for the Nintendo DS. Rated T for Teen.

Oh well.

edit:
I WAS ACTUALLY RIGHT! YEAH! =D :laugh:

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Just so you know...Tails or any AT doesn't count. Grey Fox has already been announced as a third party assist and he still refers to 'The third 3rd party character...' If ATs counted, we'd be at 4.

Also Prof. Oak is in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
Professor Oak isn't an anime character. He's in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow. He said Trace, not Tracy. Trace is from Metroid Prime Hunters.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
Just a quick 2cents, it might be easier to understand "controversy" if it was in orange instead of purple. Purple keeps making me think "deconfirmed", whereas orange would be almost yellow and thus arguable. ;D

krynny

Smash Cadet
Just speculation, but in UltimateX64's thursday post, he deconfirms a lot of chars that people were wondering about. Guess who isnt on the list?

Thats right. Krystal. Geno.

Of course I know that they havent been confirmed by him and most certainly not the dojo yet, but it gives a little bit of hope for us Krystal fans.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Geez, another one...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40847063geez, another one...

Yet to be confirmed on Dojo but in the game:

- Luigi
- Jigglypuff
- Captain Falcon
- Ganondorf (TP, not WW unfortunately)
- Wolf
- Game & watch
- Ridley
- Lucario (He's... bigger than I expected)
- Zero (Yes, really. Not Mega, but Zero!)
- Pac-Man (Not as big a surprise as Zero, but still)

Shoot... Marth, Ness, Falco and Mewtwo really are cut.

Also, I saw someone play as Daisy and she pulled a ?-block out of the ground, but thay may have been Peach. After the roster, I only saw bits of two matches, sorry.

BTW, I expected more characters, but this was it. Sorry, hope you don't get your hopes up. A LOT of the game is on the Dojo already. Don't expect anything big after Pac-Man.

It's not the full list, it's the list of characters not yet in Dojo. I don't think I've forgotten any. If you think it's crappy then I hope you won't cry when the game hits the States.

It's all I can tell you. I haven't seen any new AT's or stages, sorry.

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
Okay. I've been taking a long look at OneStep's roster. With the hints he's given, I've typed up what that roster would look like. I apologize for the long post, but here goes.

MARIO

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. Geno
7. Paper Mario

ZELDA

8. Link
9. Zelda / Sheik
10. Ganondorf
11. Link (Cel Shaded)
12. WTF Character

DONKEY KONG

13. Donkey Kong
14. Diddy Kong

STAR FOX

15. Fox
16. Krystal
17. WOlf

POKEMON

18. Pikachu
19. Pokemon Trainer
20. Lucario

KIRBY

21. Kirby
22. Meta Knight
23. King DeDeDe

WARIO WARE

24. Wario
25. WTF Wario Ware

FIRE EMBLEM

26. Ike
27. Marth

OLD SCHOOl

28. Pit
29. Ice Climbers
30. Mr. Game & Watch
31. Sukapon

SINGLE-REP GAMES

32. Samus / Zero Suit Samus
33. Captain Olimar
34. Captain Falcon
35. Animal Crosser
36. Lucas

UNKNOWN 1st / 2nd Party

37. ???
38. ???

3RD PARTY

39. Sonic
40. Snake
41. WTF 3rd Party

NOTABLE CHARACTERS TO NOT BE MENTIONED

Jigglypuff
Ness
Falco

Isaac
Ridley
Bowser Jr.

So that's his roster. Take from that what you will, but my thought on it is that there's just not room left over for both an obvious return, and some newcomers that are very popular. The likelihood of there being another Zelda character, besides Midna, who has any importance beyond the ones confirmed, is questionable. The WTF Warioware character is doubtful, too, considering how most major ones were confirmed to be a part of the the Warioware stage.

I'm not a believer on this one.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. You brought up alot of great points in this thread. I guess I'm pretty much done with the thread myself, unless Serebii decides to respond to anything I said.

I know Serebii himself dosen't have a god complex, but it seems many members in here treat him as one, and that's what annoyed me. At first, back in December or so, I wanted to believe him above the other leakers too, but it's now 14 days until relase, and he still hasn't said anything outside of the "debunking", so I now doubt him just the same as the others.
The part you're missing is that he doesn't HAVE to say anything. You and so many others seem to think that because he has information, he HAS to leak it. It doesn't matter if he could get sued and his source could lose his job, because WE CANT WAIT 13 FRIGGIN DAYS. Not giving info that would compromise him and his source does not make him fake. Period. And it's not as if he's teasing us, saying "hahaha guys I know who's in Brawl but I won't tell lololol". He's TRYING to help, but maybe that's the problem here. I think some people don't WANT them deconfirmed, and they get pissed when he ruins the fun. And the others, like you, simply can't grasp the fact that he owes us NOTHING. The fact that he decides to help us avoid wasting time on BS is more than enough, but because we're too immature to wait 2 weeks we bash the only help we have. Brilliant.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Professor Oak isn't an anime character. He's in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow. He said Trace, not Tracy. Trace is from Metroid Prime Hunters.
Well, I knew Oak appeared in the games first, but he never actually did anything noteworthy besides the first pokemon and five pokeballs... maybe when you get him, he spawns five pokeballs?

As for the Trace thing... D'oh! You're right, I misread it due to the fact Oak was right next to it. Trace is definitely a lot more plausible. Let's ignore that one. :p

Cheeseknight28

Smash Cadet
-Character: New Unexpected Zelda Character

This idea has probably been tossed around already, but could he be referring to Aghanim? Vaati, Zant, and Twinrova aren't exactly unexpected... and Aghanim is the only other person that comes to mind.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The fact that he decides to help us avoid wasting time on BS is more than enough, but because we're too immature to wait 2 weeks we bash the only help we have. Brilliant.
Again, we're allowed to doubt Serebii. That's part of what makes us human. If we weren't allowed to doubt, we'd all be walking automatons. So, unless some of us are out-and-out calling him an idiot or insulting him personally (which none of his have), I don't think you have the right to act justified.

I personally think this thread is a great way to pass the time and I don't think anybody here is immature for digging up "leaks" and drawing comparisons between them. In fact, I wanted to give Necro a pat on the back for making this thread a while back.

Smooth Criminal

I really can't fathom how Ness would be in Brawl. :\
You just have to believe in it man.
:p
Actually, the problem is with how people read the english language so differently. So the initial response of some saying Ness is out already made everyone's mind bias against the return of Ness. So don't be so doubtful: it can still happen.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Again, we're allowed to doubt Serebii. That's part of what makes us human. If we weren't allowed to doubt, we'd all be walking automatons. So, unless some of us are out-and-out calling him an idiot or insulting him personally (which none of his have), I don't think you have the right to act justified.

I personally think this thread is a great way to pass the time and I don't think anybody here is immature for digging up "leaks" and drawing comparisons between them. In fact, I wanted to give Necro a pat on the back for making this thread a while back.

Smooth Criminal
I'm not saying people digging up leaks are immature. If I did I'd be calling myself immature too, lol. I'm saying it's immature for people to be so desperate to know the roster that they attack someone who's trying to help.

And yeah, you can doubt all you want, but the bottom line is there's no reason to. He's never outright lied or misled anyone in the past. He has a reputation of well over 5 years. He's leaked Pokemon info in the past(and, lest we forget, there ARE Pokemon in this game, so the past IS applicable). And if you STILL continue to doubt him for no valid reason, that's fine. Go ahead and doubt, but stop constantly bringing up your unfounded opinion every three pages in this thread. No one else wants to hear that you don't trust him. Keep it to yourself, stop bringing up controversies that always go NOWHERE.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I will be away in Baltimore from 5PM EST 1/18-sometime on 1/20. BKBroiler will set up a thread similar to mine, with only the confirmed prophets, just in case anything new from WHOBBY 2008 shows up to debunk a prophet. So, I will link everyone to BKBroiler until my return. However, I'll be on pretty much any time before 4:30 PM EST.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone find the need to argue about Serebii? All it's really doing is filling this thread with a spam can full of angst, which makes it unpleasant to read.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
No. You see, you ARE trolling by calling everyone "mindless Serebii worshippers" and whatnot. While you may have a point, it's being drowned by your insulting everyone that has merely said "Stop bashing Serebii". That doesn't make them his staunch worshippers that suggest he cannot do wrong, like you're suggesting, and is exactly why you're getting a negative reaction.

Reptilian Overlord

Smash Rookie
No. You see, you ARE trolling by calling everyone "mindless Serebii worshippers" and whatnot. While you may have a point, it's being drowned by your insulting everyone that has merely said "Stop bashing Serebii". That doesn't make them his staunch worshippers that suggest he cannot do wrong, like you're suggesting, and is exactly why you're getting a negative reaction.
If that is how you feel, then why not report my posts and let a neutral (as in having impartial feelings toward Serebii) moderator or admin decide? I didn't say anything about "serebii worshippers" until I was outright told to stop posting my questions and opinions, which is equally uncalled for. And if you look through this topic, there are others who made no hint of trolling or flaming, but were still attacked for questioning Serebii.

I have no problems with those who beleive Serebii, I only have a problem with those who demand that I be silenced just because I don't agree with them.

Reptilian Overlord

Smash Rookie
GUYS. Can we please just keep it civil around here? This thread is becoming unreadable.
I agree, and I apologize about this. I am exasperated with this whole argument in general now.

To the Serebii defenders, I give up on questioning him, ok? I don't trust his source, but I'm not going to post about it anymore. Are you happy? You silenced me. Now please, just don't respond to me anymore on this subject, or tell me to keep my opinions to myself, ect., and I won't post another word about Serebii.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
GUYS. Can we please just keep it civil around here? This thread is becoming unreadable.
Honestly, I agree. Must we REALLY argue about Serebii? The point of this thread was merely to chronicle the various leakers, and comment on what they say, then move on. I didn't intend on this thread becoming the one-stop place to argue over Serebii's credibility.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
*makes everyone hold hands*

Just to throw it out there, what were arguing about is a GAME. Not to flame the people that take it seriously, obviously I do as well or I wouldn't have made an account on these forums, but a game purpose is first and foremost to have fun with. Will it be worth the fun if you spend the first two months before it's release arguing about it? I'm not pointing any fingers or trying to flame anyone, but I want everyone to get along. It's one thing to disagree, but it's another to start an argument. That's what PMs are for. Let's have fun, shall we? :)

*group therapy*

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It's interesting to see a lot of the new "leaked" rosters having WW Link on the list. It's curious because when "leaked" rosters first came out, WW Link was on the list, but then disappeared completely, and now he's reappearing on new "leaked" lists close to launch. It makes you wonder......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom