• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
New 3rd party character announced today. Strike against rapscouter. Though, leveling up seems like it's been somewhat confirmed with this update.

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
So, does this count as points for DBGTMax? He was the one who mentioned "leveling up". Should we consider this a "dragoon parts" kind of thing? He wasn't very specific, but he DID mention doing things to make your characters stronger in SSE.

TnadeN

Smash Cadet
rapscouter said:
-The Dojo will reveal the 3rd third party character not this week, but the following week. (1/14/2008-1/18/2008)
-FAIL
DBGTmax9909 said:
-Subspace Emissary Detail: Ability for Characters to Get Stronger, "Leveling Up"
-WIN

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I think we're misquoting DBGTmax9909 or someone else here... didn't he say that leveled up characters would be usable in VS matches? Because the Dojo website says these sticker upgrades can only be used in the Subspace Emissary, and are useless in normal brawls.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
No. You see, you ARE trolling by calling everyone "mindless Serebii worshippers" and whatnot. While you may have a point, it's being drowned by your insulting everyone that has merely said "Stop bashing Serebii". That doesn't make them his staunch worshippers that suggest he cannot do wrong, like you're suggesting, and is exactly why you're getting a negative reaction.
If that's trolling I just don't know what some of the people in 4chan are.

Jesus Freak Nor

Smash Cadet
"There’s a method for powering yourself up as needed to do battle with the Subspace Army—a method that has not been seen before.

I’ll explain this in great detail another time."

Sakurai on October 5th on Dojo.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
You collect the stickers as you fight, and can therefore increase the power of your character. The leak says it's a SSE detail. The 'power ups' seem to last the duration of the story (unless you die) so it's within a reasonable vicinity of leveling up.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3738452&postcount=1450

- Option to use your "leveled up" character in VS. mode
Woops, it looks like DBGTmax9909 was a fake after all... what a shame, I rather liked what he had to say when it came to the roster. But still, Sakurai himself has said that the upgrades are only for Subspace, so that means it's official.

EDIT: 200th post, woo.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
So...we have 2 people who have confirmed difficult (almost impossible) to predict updates. One with the Dragoon, and the other with the sticker power ups.

It's unfortunate that some of their info contradicts with each other, because if there wasn't I'd start calling anti-shenanigans.

OH NEVER MIND. He loses. Game over.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
There is a guy who said there would be a definate update this week in regards to the "power ups" for the SSE at NeoGAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9316865&postcount=86
Wow... that's actually very interesting. The post was indeed made 4 days before this update, and there doesn't seem to be any signs that he's editied his post just recently either. It's not like advanced details on the power-up system was that obvious an update either, even if Sakurai promised he'd tell us about it later.

This guy could be one to watch, anyway,

Heretique

Smash Apprentice

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Ohoho, I see we have a legit prophet now.
Well, he HAS gotten one thing right so far, and it was actually about a Dojo update coming up in that very week, but what could stop him from being corrupted with power and telling us a fat bunch of lies? I for one hope this guy really is for real, especially since we've got evidence in the positive now.

Either way, this guy is one of the more interesting leakers we've seen, that's for sure.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
If anyone can/already is registered for this site (You need to have a paid email to register, so if anyone does please help out) please speak with them and do some digging. :)
The only way I'll add him...is if he actually PREDICTS something ELSE.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Hey MajinNecro, I think you might have missed my post on the previous page, but it seems today's sticker update has proven that DBGTmax9909 is a fake... you've apparently misread his proclaimed ability to use Subspace upgrades in VS mode as just an innocent Subspace detail.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3742187&postcount=1610

Sakurai himself has said that these upgrades can only be used in the Subspace Emissary, so I think this is a debunk, don't you?

EDIT: Woops, linked to another post altogether, haha.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Hey MajinNecro, I think you might have missed my post on the previous page, but it seems today's sticker update has proven that DBGTmax9909 is a fake... you've apparently misread his proclaimed ability to use Subspace upgrades in VS mode as just an innocent Subspace detail.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3742253&postcount=1614

Sakurai himself has said that these upgrades can only be used in the Subspace Emissary, so I think this is a debunk, don't you?
Well, that seems about right. Thanx!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow, someone actually leaked the dojo info and was correct:ohwell:
He sounded like he would only spill if this ONE thing happened and turned out to be true so atleast he didn't toss it in with a crap load of other odd things.
I will check him out tomarrow. . . may be the next CZ;)
(ORRR, he could have gotten this one leak and is planning on throw crap around for fun. . .Im both to go to sleep, my un-trusting-bone is too tired right now.)

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Well, that seems about right. Thanx!
No probs, I'm just doing my duty for the good of the community... today just turned out to be a better day for debunking these liars than we previously expected. I find it funny how I was the only one who actually remembered that one little part of DBGT's post though... it might have been unfortunate if everyone forgot about it! :p

I really, REALLY would have liked a 3rd party update, but I guess that was asking for too much.

Scribble

Smash Rookie
He behaves like a genuine leaker too -- not like that Ultimatex64 guy or whoever who keeps 'playing games' with us by doing daily updates. A genuine leaker would leak everything he could at that moment.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
U64 also has a blog that gets paid per visit I believe.
Yeah, but that alone isn't enough to make him a complete fake. You could just say he's really smart when it comes to business and just knows how to deliver info to the masses, while making a profit at the same time. Although that still casts him in a very bad light, I'll admit.

He is taking advantage of us, but the question is how strongly he's taking advantage of us... but these questions should be answered with concrete evidence soon enough.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
As far as I'm concerned, raps debunked. With the large unlikelihood of the stage info, the Metal Gear AT info, and the Pokeball info, that's too many "strikes". He's gone.

Also, the wording in the paragraph confuses me. Is this thread continuing after the 20th? Or is the other one becoming the official one?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
As far as I'm concerned, raps debunked. With the large unlikelihood of the stage info, the Metal Gear AT info, and the Pokeball info, that's too many "strikes". He's gone.

Also, the wording in the paragraph confuses me. Is this thread continuing after the 20th? Or is the other one becoming the official one?
BKBroiler's just making a new thread up until the 20th, since this post seems to get at LEAST 3 pages a day, I most likely will end up missing something. After the 20th, BKB's thread will disappear, and my thread will just absorb the details he gathered while I'm away, it's not going anywhere. He's doing me a great favor by doing that :D

And, in case anyone was wondering, after the 31st, when the leak thread will "exhaust its purpose," I will highlight in green who was right (if anyone), and debunk ANYONE who doesn't match up to the game when it is released.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Are you scrapping the deconfirmed ones as well? You can't read it anyway with the strikeouts, and keeping them up there just continues to give them the attention they craved in the first place.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Are you scrapping the deconfirmed ones as well? You can't read it anyway with the strikeouts, and keeping them up there just continues to give them the attention they craved in the first place.
I like to keep their names down as "milestones," of how many prophets we've debunked since the leak's inception. On BKBroiler's thread, I'm not having him add the deconfirmed guys, just gives more work for him.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
I hate having to reiterate myself, but this forum is moving slower then the real leak for some reason, so perhaps my post was missed. I followed Serebii from the beginning of the D/P leak, and trusted him completely. I would normally be inclined to trust him on this, but he has just given no signs of proof, and shady, inconclusive, indefintate reasons both to his deconfirmations, and as to why he cannot leak. And as I just said in my previous post, has ANYONE considered the possibility that Serebii's source is lying to him, or is misinformed?
My source is the same ****ed one as before with the DP Stuff

I know he isnt feeding me false info because he gave me lots of info months before it appeared on the Dojo and oh look it turned out true (just to give an example...Sonic and his moves, Pokemon Trainer's FS etc)

I do not need to post the stuff to prove to some nobodies that I have it. I'm not that petty or pathetic. I actually have integrity...I know that even tho its unlikely, they could track down my source easily and boom he's gone, and with him, every other source I have will think twice about giving me information.

This wghole thing is ridiculous...I'm just trying to help you lot out and all I get is attacked. I'm the only credible person you have and yet you all jump down my throats. It's pathetic. Grow up and get a life

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My source is the same ****ed one as before with the DP Stuff

I know he isnt feeding me false info because he gave me lots of info months before it appeared on the Dojo and oh look it turned out true (just to give an example...Sonic and his moves, Pokemon Trainer's FS etc)

I do not need to post the stuff to prove to some nobodies that I have it. I'm not that petty or pathetic. I actually have integrity...I know that even tho its unlikely, they could track down my source easily and boom he's gone, and with him, every other source I have will think twice about giving me information.

This wghole thing is ridiculous...I'm just trying to help you lot out and all I get is attacked. I'm the only credible person you have and yet you all jump down my throats. It's pathetic. Grow up and get a life
Lol. You're telling US to grow up and get a life. That takes some kind of integrity, Serebii. Let me tell you. Isn't that kind of like the pot calling the kettle black?

Like I said, we "nobodies" are allowed to doubt you. We're not bashing you by doing this. "Bashing" you would be saying that you're a feckless piece of crap that's a little too obsessed with his mudkipz (<----- as for me meaning that? No, I don't mean it. I was just making a generalization based upon your apparent interest and throwing it in with a supposed insult. I'M NOT INSULTING YOU). I don't see how where we are besmirching you in asking questions about the validity of your "debunking." In case you missed my earlier post, it's like I said: It's very easy for somebody to prance around the internet and act like they know what the **** it is that they're talking about. This whole thread evinces this fact to the ****ing letter. And since you're not forthcoming with evidence of "what you know" and "how you know it," you're going to be a little more than a grain of salt to me and the rest of those that doubt you. Granted, you're an interesting grain of salt (and a nice one---at least until you called the doubters "nobodies" and perpetrators of personal insults), but a grain nonetheless.

Now, I'm sick of this ****. It's nearly five o' clock in the morning and I go in for my second job's interview tomorrow at nine. Take what I said or leave it, Serebii. Your call.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom