• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's nice for me since I really wanted Duck Hunt and R.O.B., while having a neutral if-I-get-him-it's-cool-but-if-not-oh-well view on Game and Watch. Works out pretty well for me. :p

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Seeing as how Chibi-Robo was sold out within minutes on AmiAmi I doubt I have a chance at getting a JP ROB from them. I'll still try my luck although I don't really want to go with Play-Asia. ;~;

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
So GW's finally announced for pre-order, but I'm forced to go through an in-store, crack-of-dawn GameStop-exclusive process to buy the 3-pack he comes in. GREAT!! ...No no no really, that's great. No sarcasm.

...seriously.

*sarcasm*

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
Here is my checklist/name list.
Green means I have that amiibo already.
Red means I don't.
White means it hasn't been released in Australia yet.

:4mario:: Americario
:4peach:: Nectarine
:4yoshi:: Yoshisaur
:4dk:: Pinky King
:4link:: Cable
:4fox:
: Mozilla
:4samus:: IronMaiden

:4wiifit:: Albiino
:4villager:: Pillager
:4pikachu:: Didgerichu
(I'm Australian)
:4kirby:: Godfrey
:4marth:: Marthsman

:4zelda:: MissAppear
:4diddy:: PiddlyKong

:4luigi:: "Number 1"
:4littlemac:: Big Mac

:4pit:: The Elder
:4falcon:: Your Moves
:rosalina:: Rosaluma
:4bowser:: Smaug

:4lucario:: Lucarioku
:4tlink:: Toon Cable
:4sheik:: Sneik

:4myfriends:: Ikeberg
:4shulk:: Feeling It
:4sonic:: Sanic
:4megaman:: Beta Boy

:4dedede:: Sakurai
:4metaknight:: Meta Day
:4robinm:: Merlin

:4lucina:: Martha
:4wario:: Wariibo

:4charizard:: Spyro
:4ness:: Nessquik
:4pacman:: Plaid-Man
:4greninja:: Kermit
:4jigglypuff:: Hufflepuff

:4palutena:: Palusevena
:4darkpit:: Dark Pity
:4zss:: Lara Croft

:4ganondorf:: Ganonymous
:4drmario:: Mario, PhD
:4bowserjr:: B. Junes

:4olimar:: Ant-Man
:4gaw:: Flatmate
:4rob:: B.O.B.
:4duckhunt:: Snoopy
:4miibrawl:: Amiigo
:4miisword:: Amiibro
:4miigun:: Alteriigo
:4falco:: Hawko
:4mewtwo:: Mewthree
:4lucas:: George
:4feroy:: Our Boy
:4ryu:: Ryu Mac

Last edited:

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
I will actually claw my way through hordes of the undead to get a mewtwo amiibo.

also, here's my names for my amiibo so far.

:4dk:: DANK
:4link:: Stink
:4myfriends:: Guts
:4robinm:: Hoodini
:4marth:: Farth
:4lucina:: Johncina
:4ganondorf:: Memelord
:4pacman:: FLAKKA
:4diddy:: Diddled
:4falcon:: Harvey
:4samus:: SA-X
:4megaman:: Little Tak
:4fox:: Krystal

I've got mario, luigi, pikachu, charizard, yoshi, silver mario (who I'll probably make a FP for when I unlock equipment that makes the user metal), bowser, shiek, toon link, peach and zelda as well, but I haven't used them yet. additionally, my ness comes in today, and I've got the three pack of splatoon amiibo. I hope I get to gamestop early enough to beat the line for the retro pack. I get off work at 7am, and there's a GS 5 minutes from where I work.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
From what I hear Dr. Mario will be Target-exclusive, so I decided to import it now while the price was still good. I was hoping to be done with exclusives after another Target-only one, Rosalina.

"Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in."

As for those who only want one or two in the three-pack, what those people could do is sell or give the ones they don't want to those who do want them. The "giving" option only exists for very few, like those who have close friends who want a certain one (for instance, one who buys a three-pack who doesn't want to keep Duck Hunt, but has a close friend who didn't buy the three-pack but still wants Duck Hunt without having to import).

I also noticed that of the Smash Amiibo for the main Mario series characters (not sub-series ones), the four main cast members of the original SMB were made available in all retailers in the US, while the non-SMB characters (Dr. Mario, Rosalina, Bowser Jr.) were all made exclusives to one store (yes, Bowser Jr. will also be exclusive, I forgot which store though).

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I decided to make Overdose one of the big guys like Lugy and Fire Ball. Making him the strongest out of the 3 with 110 attack but slightly less defense and speed by about 2 or 3 compared to Lugy and Fire (Their defense and speed is barely noticible anyway). Of course I got to put in healing shield and perfect shield abilities. So what makes him different exactly? Being at 0% makes his power and speed increase until he actually gets hit(He originally had first strike invincibility, but it can only be done once and that is if he gets the first strike in the whole match). It's similar to Fire Ball's crisis except that only last 20 seconds if he is over 100%.

How good is he? At level 50, he needs work. I haven't done many 1v1s at him. Half of the time was teaming up with him and see if he doesn't become so defensive like Lugy. He right now can't dodge my bair which I find to be a problem and he uses the breeze cape a lot. I don't think he is good as Lugy or Fire Ball yet, but I will make him step up his game soon. As a doc main, this is the kind of amiibo that I want to become very strong and hopefully he'll be good as Lugy.

Also, I am kind of disappointed on how Dr. Mario amiibos don't seem to use the tornado to help their recovery (At least for mine) while Lugy almost always uses his cyclone.

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Camping out tonight in front of Gamestop till 9. Wish me luck.

I'm kinda concerned about the 3-pack's availability at my local store. The lady I talked to on the phone couldn't give me an exact number of pre-orders, but she said there would definitely be at least two. ...That's a little scary, but honestly, not unexpected. I mean, it's amiibo we're talking about.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I'm kinda concerned about the 3-pack's availability at my local store. The lady I talked to on the phone couldn't give me an exact number of pre-orders, but she said there would definitely be at least two. ...That's a little scary, but honestly, not unexpected. I mean, it's amiibo we're talking about.
Good luck, hope you can get the amiibos you want!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, that was excellently done. I guess they listened after the catastrophe that was the Wave 4 preorders.

My local store was allotted 48 (!) packs, and they were all done as in-house preorders so there was no lag to put money down. I was out ten minutes after the store opened. Good job GameStop for getting it right!

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626

That's a bit odd. I didn't camp out for the night. I woke up on 8:30 and made it to GameStop at about 8:55 amd I saw about 9 people in line. I still got my pre-order.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My boyfriend and I each got our preorders. I paid in full and he paid only $5. I can't wait to get my retro amiibos!!! :4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Got my preorder! Kind of surprised my middle-of-nowhere Gamestop got thirty preorders, haha!

kylexv

Smash Master
Was able to get the preorder. 10 people (including me) in line and 47 3-packs.

Collection:
Have: :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4samus::4palutena::4kirby::4metaknight::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4ness::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:
Preordered: :4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:
Missing: :4littlemac::4pit::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4dedede::4lucario::4falcon::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk::4darkpit::4lucina:
Unreleased: :4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4zss::4falco::4olimar::4drmario::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, that was easy. Surprisingly, there were only 4 or 5 nerds camped outside the store before doors opened. No idea how much stock there was (I'm no collector, so I didn't bother to ask), but judging by the numbers I've been hearing, I'm guessing there was enough to go around. Now I just have to think of names for all three of them... As for the 'miibo on the shelf, it really wasn't anything special. Mario series, PAC-MAN, Zelda, Diddy Kong, pretty much all standard fare and nothing I really cared to get.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Interestingly my local Gamestop had a Toad in stock. I passed on it, but interestingly it's the first one I've ever seen in-store, especially in my area, where anything that's not Diddy Kong, Zelda, SSB Mario, or the SMB series of characters is rare. :p

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
So I was 4th in line at my Gamestop, arriving at a little before 8:30. They ended up giving out only 5 of their 40 (40?!) pre-orders in total upon opening their doors. The first two -- poor guys... -- were waiting since about 6 am to try and beat out the group of twenty amiibo-hunters who always come early and buy out all the pre-orders. That group never arrived.

While I was there, I put another 5 bucks down on the end-level amiibo display, which comes out October 1st. I'm guessing that might have been the infamous "extra SKU" that everyone was wondering about on Reddit. All I'm hoping for is that Nintendo is actually able to keep their word on this 3-pack release. 40 pre-orders is a REALLY bold number for the little podunk very-not-amiibo-interested town this Gamestop is in. We'll just have to follow standard amiibo pre-ordering protocol: Wait, hold your breath, and pray.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Got a :4rob:/:4gaw:/:4duckhunt:preorder reserved.
HYPE.
Also,about to blow eBay money on a:4drmario:&:4bowserjr:.
Also managed to snag a:4pikachu:&:4wario:a while back.
Here's my current amiibo collection.
AND,just because I feel like it,I want to make this my collection archive that nobody will look at.
MELEEMARIO64'S AMIIBO COLLECTION ARCHIVE
Collected(Future releases included)::4mario::4luigi::4drmario::4falcon::4ganondorf::4rob::4shulk::4pacman::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4dk::4fox::4miibrawl::4ryu::4falco::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4mewtwo::rosalina::4feroy::4sonic::4wario::4ness::4lucas::4bowser::4charizard::4marth::4lucina::4yoshi::4metaknight::4pikachu::4megaman::4diddy::4kirby::4samus::4link::4villager::4miisword::4miigun::4rob:(Famicom Color)~~8-Bit Mario~~Modern 8-Bit Mario~~Darth Vader(SHUT UP)~~Han Solo(SHUT UP)~~Kylo Ren(SHUT UP)
Maybe::4cloud:
Probably not::4bayonetta::4corrin::4darkpit::4greninja::4myfriends::4dedede::4lucario::4palutena::4peach::4olimar::4pit::4robinm::4sheik::4tlink::4wiifit::4zelda::4zss:
That should be about it.This will be updated whenever I get a new amiibo.
If that's okay in this thread,at least.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Time to make an updated list in that case!

Own: :4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4ness::4littlemac::4sonic::4pacman:
Pre-Ordered: :4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:

Want (Common) : :4luigi::4peach::4megaman:
Want (Rare) : :4samus::4dedede::4marth::4robinm::4villager:
Want (Unreleased) : :4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4olimar::4ryu:

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Earlier today, I managed to reserve :4gaw::4rob:and:4duckhunt: at Gamestop for $20. Pretty glad too, since I wanted :4gaw:and:4duckhunt:so much.

My current collection: :4mario::4yoshi::4kirby::4pikachu::4peach::4diddy::4link::4bowser::4sonic::4tlink::4dk::4luigi::4sheik::4shulk::4megaman::4villagerf::4dedede::4lucario::4metaknight::4pacman::4charizard::4ness::4zelda::4samus::4marth:(Toad)(Inkling Girl)(Inkling Boy)(Inkling Squid)(Silver Mario):4wario2::4fox::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4falcon::rosalina:(SM Yoshi):4wiifit::4palutena:(SM Mario)(SM Bowser):4littlemac::4myfriends::4pit::4zss:
Preordered: :4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob:
Don't have yet: :4robinm::4lucina::4darkpit::4ganondorf::4bowserjr::4drmario::4olimar:
Haven't released yet: :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4mewtwo::4falco::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:

Last edited:

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
Managed to go into the store in the afternoon and get the 3-pack preorder.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Since we're doing collection posts:

Very jealous of your collection, I'm still a college student so I don't think I have to ability to collect many Nintendo merchandise...

And I see you have three Rosalinas already!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Very jealous of your collection, I'm still a college student so I don't think I have to ability to collect many Nintendo merchandise...

And I see you have three Rosalinas already!
Yes, aren't they beautiful?

Truthfully though, the two in the boxes both have odd blemishes. The one on the left has her hair sculpt placed higher up than normal, and has her head tilted a bit forward. She also has a bit of gold paint on her neck as well as a black speck (which honestly kinda makes it look like someone have her a hickey, which is pretty funny :V). The one on the right has some black specks on her gown, her wand is bent, and she has some gold paint on her left cheek.

My OoB one, which I had pre-ordered on Amazom.de before she came out, is 99% pure perfection though, and looking at it, I think people would understand why I think Rosalina is one of the best Amiibos. I understand completely that there is a lot of inconsistencies in the quality of Rosalina Amiibos, but my OoB one is pretty much a perfect model, and a perfect Rosalina like that is pretty much one of the best Amiibos you can get, it looks exactly like the character in-game. The ONLY blemish she has, is that the seam on her hair on the left side, is a little more opened up than it's supposed to be, but it's not that big an issue.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Yes, aren't they beautiful?

Truthfully though, the two in the boxes both have odd blemishes. The one on the left has her hair sculpt placed higher up than normal, and has her head tilted a bit forward. She also has a bit of gold paint on her neck as well as a black speck (which honestly kinda makes it look like someone have her a hickey, which is pretty funny :V). The one on the right has some black specks on her gown, her wand is bent, and she has some gold paint on her left cheek.

My OoB one, which I had pre-ordered on Amazom.de before she came out, is 99% pure perfection though, and looking at it, I think people would understand why I think Rosalina is one of the best Amiibos. I understand completely that there is a lot of inconsistencies in the quality of Rosalina Amiibos, but my OoB one is pretty much a perfect model, and a perfect Rosalina like that is pretty much one of the best Amiibos you can get, it looks exactly like the character in-game. The ONLY blemish she has, is that the seam on her hair on the left side, is a little more opened up than it's supposed to be, but it's not that big an issue.

I always found her wand a bit fat (not like it can be fixed), but I do agree she's one of the best looking amiibos so far

Luckily all the amiibos I've gotten so far have a nice paint job... eagerly awaits for Olimar to be released here

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I always found her wand a bit fat (not like it can be fixed), but I do agree she's one of the best looking amiibos so far

Luckily all the amiibos I've gotten so far have a nice paint job... eagerly awaits for Olimar to be released here
It is a bit fat, but that's for child safety/general sturdiness reasons. If it was thin, babies who get their hands on it might end up biting off the wand and swallowing it.

I also got a Rosalina Gashapon figure off of my friend last Christmas, but because the wand was so thin, it snapped off during shipping.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

A bit fat? You mean thick right?
If they made it thinner, her wand will be too fragile.
It is a bit fat, but that's for child safety/general sturdiness reasons. If it was thin, babies who get their hands on it might end up biting off the wand and swallowing it.

I also got a Rosalina Gashapon figure off of my friend last Christmas, but because the wand was so thin, it snapped off during shipping.
You mean the SMG Gashapon Rosalina figure that came out in 2007? Yeah...

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
A bit fat? You mean thick right?
If they made it thinner, her wand will be too fragile.

You mean the SMG Gashapon Rosalina figure that came out in 2007? Yeah...
Yeah, I'm aware the reason it's thick it's to prevent it from breaking. I was just saying that's the only "defect" I find in an otherwise "almost perfectly accurate" amiibo

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Called one of my local Gamestops, they told me they had "more than thirty." I get there at about 6:30 and a sign posted on the door says they have... 31. :yoshi:

I don't think there were even 12 people in line, but one of the guys ahead of me was one of those super-annoying types who feels the need to correct you about anything geek-related, but he's only right half the time. Like, he got all uppity in informing me that Palutena's high-sped custom is called 'Lightweight,' and Minccinno's pre-evolution is Cinccinno (...see what I mean?)

He really crossed the line though when he started speaking with pretend-authority about Splatoon, first claiming that it's not a shooter (because he uses a roller, and therefore the entire genre of the game is different for him specifically). I countered it not only is a shooter, but one that corrects common complaints about shooters, such as never allowing a team to be red because of our instinctual bias to avoid that color.

He immediately and vehemently swore up and down that I was wrong, there is a red-ink Splatoon team, it's only used for ranked, etc. I tried to ignore him and leave, but he blocked the door to the Gamestop, and refused to let me leave until he looked it up. I had somewhere to be, and I knew he was never going to find it, and when he still wouldn't move I eventually had to warn him he was blocking the entrance to a store as well as a fire exit. He hesitated a bit, then finally conceded that he couldn't find the fabled red team, but he knows it exists because "someone told him so." Apparently, he doesn't actually play ranked because he "hates competitive games," but of course that doesn't mean he doesn't know more than someone who actually plays the game.

Yammark Iggy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trolltorb
3DS FC
1977-0250-8724
Yo, it's been a while since I posted here.

Anyways, my collection as of now is Pikachu, Yoshi, Ike, Marth, Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario, Robin, Donkey Kong, and Olimar!

This means I completed my first wave of amiibos, being Wave 5b!

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Blew more money on Ebay getting two more Marth Amiibos. Both were around $28 each including shipping. Hope they turn out all right. My friend will be so surprised I got one for her! I shouldn't, though, after she snatched the only Little Mac I have ever seen right out of my hands months back! I may not if she rolls me down one more time in Splatoon! No jk. She will get it!

Retro 3-pk is available for pre-order online at Gamestop is anyone is interested.

Top Bottom