• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
here is my super clutter collection of my amiibo & others...

Last edited:

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I got two Dark Pit amiibos. One for me and one for my boyfriend. I was first in line and my brother came with me to the store so we both got tickets. There was like 25 people behind us and I heard the store had about 35 Dark Pit amiibos.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My friend in New York went to a Best Buy and they were letting people cut the line, buy two or three each, and a person in front of him was talking about going to NWS to buy even more to resell.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
My friend and I each got Dark Pits. I don't like the character, but I have to be honest and say he's one of the best looking amiibos to date.

Meanwhile, a (possibly soon-to-be-ex) amiibo partner is losing my favor... I asked if he was in line, and he replied back "no, I have emissaries out looking for me. Need to get multiples so I can trade for Palutena." As in, the Palutena I warned him about an hour in advance, he acknowledged and then willfully ignored, and then waited until more than an hour later to whine that he didn't get it... and now he can't even be bothered to feel the pain and wait like the rest of us? Ugh...

This is the same kid who couldn't drive 3 minutes out of his way to exchange a damaged Dedede after I did the scouting for him to find a Gamestop willing to do the trade. I've stuck my neck out quite a bit for this guy, but he doesn't even want to help me help him. He can go bother someone else for all I care anymore :p

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I almost didn't get one because I was 9th in line and everyone who was already in line said that they had eight. Thankfully, an employee from inside said that they had more, just as I was about to leave!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So based on a confidential insider source, Gamestop will be having an event on August 8th for the USA. They're allowing pre-orders, in-store, for a Gamestop-exclusive three pack of the three retros. There will still be individual ones for other stores, but only Gamestop is getting the three-pack, and as a result GAMESTOP isn't getting the individual ones.

Definitely seems like a good deal to me, considering I was worried about how hard these guys would be to find.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Everyone here telling their tales of how they snagged their Dark Pit and I over here just stroking the one I got 4 days ago in GAME > : D.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So based on a confidential insider source, Gamestop will be having an event on August 8th for the USA. They're allowing pre-orders, in-store, for a Gamestop-exclusive three pack of the three retros. There will still be individual ones for other stores, but only Gamestop is getting the three-pack, and as a result GAMESTOP isn't getting the individual ones.

Definitely seems like a good deal to me, considering I was worried about how hard these guys would be to find.
Intriguing...I want to get those guys, and I think I'm one of the ones here who really wants the US colors for ROB. Hope it won't be a catastrophe like the last one, and those are the only three I need to pick up for Wave 6.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Intriguing...I want to get those guys, and I think I'm one of the ones here who really wants the US colors for ROB. Hope it won't be a catastrophe like the last one, and those are the only three I need to pick up for Wave 6.
From what I read, it won't be the Web-in-store style like Wave 4/Ness, which ended in disaster, but physical tickets purchased with $5 down, though if you have a Power Membership (I think that's what it's called?) you get to do it an hour early, so maybe sign up for that?

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I think it's safe to say everybody got their Dark Pit and Palutena amiibo. :D
Keep it up Nintendo. You're slowly getting this amiibo craze under control.

Bennext

Smash Cadet
Here's a higher resolution
Snapshot_20150731_2.JPG

This is my actually first amiibo
Snapshot_20150731_3.JPG

Pictures now taken with my new higher resolution web-camera that I bought at Best Buy, while there, a logitech 615, there was one with a better sensor but I don't need t better sensor and it was almost $20 more so I'll put that to the amiibo :p

The most adorable defect.
:upsidedown:

spamwichx

Smash Cadet
NNID
samantharrgh
i can haz sheik and lucina, and i have little mac, pink wooly yoshi and limited edition splatoon pack on layby, so excite. wew. these bloody things are addictive. i need help.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
There will still be individual ones for other stores, but only Gamestop is getting the three-pack, and as a result GAMESTOP isn't getting the individual ones.
Could you please clarify whether this means a bundle of three separate amiibos, or a single physical box containing three amiibos, like the Splatoon three-pack?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Could you please clarify whether this means a bundle of three separate amiibos, or a single physical box containing three amiibos, like the Splatoon three-pack?
At the moment it's not known. They didn't clarify. :/ Though considering there was one "Amiibo" listed as before Falco and the DLC, it could be this as a three pack.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No, the amiibo that comes before Falco on the European boxes is Mewtwo.
There was another CSPIA page added besides the Mewtwo one we already know about. Looking at how it's ID'd, you can assess that it is both part of the Smash collection, and that it is a 3-pack.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

You guys are getting a three pack? So like similar to the Splatoon Styled one?
I would have thought they would have done that with the Mii's.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Hope someone doesn't love one but hate the other two available in the 3-pack, because they'll have to buy all three if that is indeed true.
Unfortunately that statement is true for me, I love Duck Hunt Duo but hate/dislike Game and Watch & R.O.B. but it doesn't matter because I'm trying to collect all the amiibo regardless of what I think of the character : P

In other news, I ordered my Ness from amazon today for a really good price! It's CHEAPER than how much it costs at GAME and it looks really good condition!

D

Deleted member

I only like Duck Hunt out of the 3 xD If I ever was to get it I'll keep Duck Hunt, send Mr. Game & Watch to my boyfriend, but idk what to do about R.O.B since neither of us like him.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Unfortunately that statement is true for me, I love Duck Hunt Duo but hate/dislike Game and Watch & R.O.B. but it doesn't matter because I'm trying to collect all the amiibo regardless of what I think of the character : P

In other news, I ordered my Ness from amazon today for a really good price! It's CHEAPER than how much it costs at GAME and it looks really good condition!
I only like Duck Hunt out of the 3 xD If I ever was to get it I'll keep Duck Hunt, send Mr. Game & Watch to my boyfriend, but idk what to do about R.O.B since neither of us like him.

R.O.B is officially the Butters of Smash.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Hold on a sec, the 3-pack is coming out on the 8th of August? I thought Wave 6 doesn't roll out till September?

By the way, I'm gonna list my collection of amiibo, please tell me what ya think!

Christmas: :4link:

GAME: :4mario: :4dk: :4samus: :4pikachu:
:4diddy::4bowser: :4lucario: :4sheik: :4myfriends: :4sonic: :4charizard: :4darkpit: :4olimar: :4drmario:

Ordered on Amazon: :4ness:

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Oi, what a headache...

I need all three to complete my collection, sure, but I was really hoping to get an extra R.O.B. since he's my second. I have no use for extra Game & Watch or Duck Hunt.

If other regions are getting these singled, it looks like I'll be forced to import.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
I am SO confused, so Wave 6 comes out on August 8th or is is it just a one-day event and then it properly releases in September?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oi, what a headache...

I need all three to complete my collection, sure, but I was really hoping to get an extra R.O.B. since he's my second. I have no use for extra Game & Watch or Duck Hunt.

If other regions are getting these singled, it looks like I'll be forced to import.
Get a Japanese one since he looks different.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm heavily considering buying two more Rosalinas and a Toad for customs tomorrow, from Smyths, and also ordering a Sonic and Sheik for the same purpose.

How feasible do you think these would be?
:rosalina:
1) Very simple joke custom - simply taking off Rosalina's head, taking Luma off the stand, and swapping them.

2) I was considering something inspired by either Parasoul & Umbrella, or Squigly & Leviathan (both from Skullgirls):

I'm not really planning on making literal figures of these characters from Rosalina, more like Rosalina cosplaying as them, since it would be kinda impossible to do the former using an Amiibo as a base, and kinda redundant since you may as well construct a figure from scratch in that case.

:4sheik:
Valentine, also from Skullgirls:

I might actually try to make Sheik look more like the actual character compared to Rosalina and the idea I have for her, as they already share enough visual similarities (such as the covered mouth and the ninja theme). I also plan this one as a gift for a friend.

:4sonic:
I'm not 100% sure on what I want to do with him, I'm still undecided, I just know I want to make one since he's one of my favourite characters and there is a lot to work with. These are the main two ideas I have right now, though:

I want to make a Mummy-Me from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker:

I'm also considering making an Eliza custom (also from Skullgirls) out of :4palutena: for my friend. He seems to play as Valentine more in Skullgirls, but Eliza is also one of his mains. Sheik isn't really one of his mains or a character he cares about much, but he really likes Palutena:

Last edited:
Top Bottom