• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Oh yeah definitely. I forgot to mention that, though I've only heard of the other leak that Etika covered. At least the Splatoon Amiibo seems to line up.

Honestly I love the sound of "Bowser Wii U" but everything else from that leak sounded really underwhelming. Especially with how Star Fox sounded like they were basically remaking 64 again. (At least that's what I took from it. I'm not familiar with the Star Fox lore but I'm assuming Andross's second attack took place in 64. Or maybe it could be from the cancelled Star Fox 2?).
Again, take these with a grain of salt but I thought it was interesting to discuss. Though I'm running on like 2 hours of sleep right now so what do I know?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't get me wrong, I'd love either a Bowser game (which wouldn't be too out there considering how Bowser basically steals the show in Mario Party 10. Now would be the perfect time to announce a game for him) or a Paper Mario game on Wii U, and any info on Star Fox is just dandy, but this isn't about whether or not I like what I am hearing (if that was the case, all you'd have to do to get me to believe a fake leak is say that the first game in the new "Rosalina's Universe" series will be shown off in it or something).

Also another leak I recall seeing about an April 1st Direct talked about a new Mario Strikers for Wii U, and another talked about a Mario Tennis for Wii U.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I turn away from the incredibly basic leaks since they usually get blown away when the actual Direct happens.
Also, totally grasping at straws here, but another article mentions that Pokemon Rumble World thing that was in the other article.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/30/pokemonrumbleworld-com-domain-has-been-registered-in-the-us/
Straws have been grasped. I think they also mentioned Amiibo support for this thing.
This German leak is no less basic though. Like I said, there's been a lot of leaks about an April 1st Direct that have been circulating these past week. Many of them state a lot of the same stuff, with differences here and there, the main one being whatever Mario spin-off the "Direct" may show.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I'm not too incredibly familiar with Direct leaks but man I really hope that happens. Everything there looks really hype save for Splatoon amiibo. I want Splatoon, but I honestly do not like most of the character models.

I neeed a Jiggles amiibo though.

I'm also on par to believe this leak as there is no mention of Mewtwo. Any leaker at this point would make Mewtwo a big deal at this point, to really fuel that train.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not too incredibly familiar with Direct leaks but man I really hope that happens. Everything there looks really hype save for Splatoon amiibo. I want Splatoon, but I honestly do not like most of the character models.

I neeed a Jiggles amiibo though.

I'm also on par to believe this leak as there is no mention of Mewtwo. Any leaker at this point would make Mewtwo a big deal at this point, to really fuel that train.
They do mention Mewtwo:

Mewtwo DLC for Smash. Wii U and 3DS gets a new trailer, will be send to the buyers of both games on April 9th 2015. You will get two download codes, one for Wii U and one for 3DS. Gamers who haven’t bought and registered both games, will have the chance to buy the DLC in June. On this day there will be available a software update, which will add a Miiverse stage, sharing-system and tournaments. There will also be new music, trophies and elements for the Stage Builder.

Masahiro Sakurai says thanks to the fans for their patience and says good bye.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
This German leak is no less basic though. Like I said, there's been a lot of leaks about an April 1st Direct that have been circulating these past week. Many of them state a lot of the same stuff, with differences here and there, the main one being whatever Mario spin-off the "Direct" may show.
At the very least, I hope the Splatoon Amiibo thing is true. In all honesty, it'd be nice if all the leaks were false though so that the actualy direct has some nice surprises.
Sorry if I sound like I'm singing a different tune or anything. I caught a bit more sleep and a bit more sense along the way.
Also I noticed Etika made a video about this leak. That's cool.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Now I just need Lucina, Robin and Ganondorf and I'm done with this.
One cannot be done with amiibo.

On that note.... I started with Disney Infinity.
59 figures
137 power discs
...some number of DLC level trophies
... ... ... Crystal versions of god knows how many.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I need help guys. I'm in North Carolina and am trying to find ammibos. Specifically gold Mario. Anyone able to help me out?

JipC

Smash Journeyman
I went to both Target and Gamestop since they're right next to each other. How the heck are they BOTH out of Pikachu? He's like Nintendo's second Mario
Either way got SSB-Bowser, SM-Luigi, and SSB-Mario.

Also never realized how bad the current state of amiibo affairs are near me. Target had some Zeldas, Diddy, both Luigis, both Bowsers, both Peaches, SM-Yoshi, SSB-Mario... and I think that was it. Didnt even see Kirby, Link, Toon Link, Sheik, or DK.
Gamestop had everything Target had plus Sheik and Kirby. Thats ****ing it.

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
The Mario amiibo that I just got today already kicks all my other amiibos butts, and he's only level 40 right now. I really wish I knew how these things worked. They're definetly not as deep as Nintendo made them out to be but I dont think they're as dumb as I initially thought.
Also apparently the stat boosts they get by level 50 are exactly 50%? Didn't know that till my friend told me a couple days ago. Me and 2o ther friends were 3v3ing my friends Samus/Kirby/Megaman amiibo and we only beat them once out of like 15 fights.
To be fair one of them was an ultra-scrub but not sure if it wouldve made a huge difference if he was any better.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I like to use my amiibos as game pieces for when I play Monopoly... Since they don't have a lot of functionality yet, I figured I'd try to use them for more stuff anyway.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I like to use my amiibos as game pieces for when I play Monopoly... Since they don't have a lot of functionality yet, I figured I'd try to use them for more stuff anyway.
My girlfriend's main reason for wanting them is to use them for drawing references. They're well detailed and small enough that she can pick them up and rotate them to see from every angle. She made this before amiibos came out, but wants to continue this as a series of damsels with their villains, and she's commented on redrawing this with the help of amiibos. Bowser is definitely her favorite because his amiibo tends to move around through the house at least a few times a week.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My girlfriend's main reason for wanting them is to use them for drawing references. They're well detailed and small enough that she can pick them up and rotate them to see from every angle. She made this before amiibos came out, but wants to continue this as a series of damsels with their villains, and she's commented on redrawing this with the help of amiibos. Bowser is definitely her favorite because his amiibo tends to move around through the house at least a few times a week.
Funny, I've been trying to make a Rosalina drawing lately, and I've been using my Rosalina Amiibo as a reference for it on occasion. :p

------------

So I just wanted to let you guys know that the German April 1st Direct leak was indeed fake:

HOWEVER, there IS a direct tomorrow! Just that the German leak was fake and it was not reflective of what will be on the Direct.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/582890134846197760

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Eeeeheheheheheh looks like the April 1st thing was right on the money. Haha I don't mind the leaks being fake. Let's hope this direct is good Amiibo-wise. Splatoon Amiibo hype!!!!!!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In terms of Amiibos, I hope a Wave 2 of the Super Mario line that includes Rosalina (I'm betting on Rosalina, Wario, and DK) will be announced for May, maybe alongside Splatoon Amiibos. But they may also tell us who Smash Wave 5 is, to be released in June.

Reason being that I would like some time to recover after Smash Wave 4. I am also kinda wanting to buy other stuff. I have been wanting to get Captain Toad for ages, I want to get Splatoon in May (I think it's supposed to come out in May or June), and I have been considering getting a New 3DS after my birthday passes by. Would also like to get LittleBigPlanet 3 for my PS4. That, Splatoon, and Smash should cover me for long term summer games.

Last edited:

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Who do you guys think the next wave of amiibos will be?
I think smash wave 5 will have :4ganondorf::4palutena::4olimar::4zss::4greninja:and:4jigglypuff:
Mario wave two will have:rosalina::4wario2::4dk: Daisy Waluigi and Toadette
I can also see splatoon amiibo.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Who do you guys think the next wave of amiibos will be?
I think smash wave 5 will have :4ganondorf::4palutena::4olimar::4zss::4greninja:and:4jigglypuff:
Mario wave two will have:rosalina::4wario2::4dk: Daisy Waluigi and Toadette
I can also see splatoon amiibo.
Daisy and Waluigi make a lot of sense, since the Wave 1 of Super Mario Bros amiibo had five characters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Super Mario waves will only be released in sets of three. The initial Wave of Smash had 12 figures, and all subsequent waves have 5 or 6. Initial Super Mario Wave had six (not including Gold Mario, he isn't even internationally available yet, so he's just a limited edition version of another figure if you ask me). And Mario Party 10 is claiming that only Rosalina, Wario, and DK are gonna be compatible with it, no Daisy, Waluigi, Spike, or Toadette. So unless they plan to patch those in (and I don't see why it would be left to a patch, all of the Smash Bros Amiibos have technically been usable since launch), I don't think we will be seeing any Super Mario Amiibos until another Mario game that might use Amiibos comes out.

It should also be noted that unlike the Smash line, the Super Mario Amiibo boxes don't have a "number" in Europe, they just have the 6+ like the US does. This makes me think that they haven't ascertained how many Super Mario Amiibos there will be, and are leaving it open. I don't expect the line to go beyond 20 figures though, if it even reaches that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Daisy and Waluigi make a lot of sense, since the Wave 1 of Super Mario Bros amiibo had five characters.
They probably might make Super Mario series versions of Rosalina, Wario, and Donkey Kong too... oh, and Pink Gold Peach, too. :awesome:

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Had my first amiibo related dream last night, and I feel ashamed of letting it get to this whole collecting thing get to me like that.
This wasn't the whole thing, but it did occur.

I was walking through the mall carrying all my Amiibo with me when Shaq a woman approached me, carrying a bunch of amiibos herself. She said something along the lines of 'You like amiibos too?' I said yeah, and she offered to give me some of hers. I then proceed to get a Ness amiibo, a Fox amiibo, and a Rosaluma amiibo.
Then I went home and my ma gave me a Doc Louis amiibo, and it had a purple base.

What is wrong with me

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Hopefuly today, Nintendo will finally confirm that Space Jam set of amiibo. I've been waiting forever to pre-order wave 2 after missing like half of wave 1.

Gotta go refresh Amazon...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think Super Mario waves will only be released in sets of three. The initial Wave of Smash had 12 figures, and all subsequent waves have 5 or 6. Initial Super Mario Wave had six (not including Gold Mario, he isn't even internationally available yet, so he's just a limited edition version of another figure if you ask me). And Mario Party 10 is claiming that only Rosalina, Wario, and DK are gonna be compatible with it, no Daisy, Waluigi, Spike, or Toadette. So unless they plan to patch those in (and I don't see why it would be left to a patch, all of the Smash Bros Amiibos have technically been usable since launch), I don't think we will be seeing any Super Mario Amiibos until another Mario game that might use Amiibos comes out.

It should also be noted that unlike the Smash line, the Super Mario Amiibo boxes don't have a "number" in Europe, they just have the 6+ like the US does. This makes me think that they haven't ascertained how many Super Mario Amiibos there will be, and are leaving it open. I don't expect the line to go beyond 20 figures though, if it even reaches that.
Interesting find about the collectors numericals.

I think that because it is merely Super Mario, and not "Mario Party," they will indeed leave the line open (for, perhaps, a very long time), and that in that time, we will get more and more amiibo of the Mario-verse crew. Waluigi, Daisy, and Toadette, being imminent- but not necessarily in for the Party.

I wouldn't mind Mewtwo for Wave 5 and it unlocks the character.
Amiibo are hard enough to get for Smash.
I'm perfectly content with a terrible looking Mewtwo that does nothing.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Game stop confirmed no preorders have been set up by company for post direct

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Less than 15 minutes before the Direct! The hype is real! Talking about the Direct, I'm expecting the wave 5 of Smash series amiibos to be revealed, and I sure I'm not the only one to do, so place your bets!

I already posted about my wave 5 predictions, but with the Greninja amiibo seemingly leaked by the South African retailer I'm expecting it to actually be wave 5, Mewtwo instead will maybe release later in order to let the time for everyone to purchase Mewtwo first. So here's my current prediction:
:4bowserjr::4olimar::4gaw::4rob::4jigglypuff::4greninja:

Anyway, I already have Amazon ready to be refreshed as soon as possible, maybe I'll try to preorder and grab one nice-looking amiibo before it's too late.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Holy hell wave4 and :4greninja::4jigglypuff: and splatoon may 29th
July:4darkpit::4palutena:
September :4drmario::4ganondorf::4olimar::4zss::4bowserjr:
Sorry I was sloppy so hyPe

Last edited:
Top Bottom