• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yessssss!!!!!!! Splatoon Amiibo!!!!! Going for gold and getting the bundle pack!

Both Dark Pit and Palutena in July? Happy birthday to me hopefully if it's around that day.

Also Ness is GameStop exclusive in NA again. I'm glad because I had an easy time getting Shulk from them so I'll hope to have no problems with Ness who will arguably be the hardest to find. Preorders go up at noon Pacific time so I'll definitely be there.

Amiibo plushies too? Yes please!!!!!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Should mention in a Gamestop memo, they don't mention :4jigglypuff: and :4greninja: Which means they're probably store exclusive. My bet is Greninja is TRU and Jigglypuff is Target.

Splatoon Amiibos also go up for pre order tomorrow. Gotta get the 3-pack.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Until now, I haven't pre-ordered any amiibos, but I'm definitely pre-ordering Ness. (especially since, if Shulk is any indication, they'll probably only send out enough to cover pre-orders) I missed out on Shulk, but there's no way that I'm missing out on Ness.

Khao

Smash Lord
I wish they weren't actually making a Lucas amiibo.

That way I wouldn't have to buy it.

And yes, it's now mandatory and I have absolutely no choice in the matter.

Also, random observation.

Both Lucas and Mewtwo have both feet firmly set on the floor in their official artwork. Think they did that on purpose so they didn't have to add ugly supports to their amiibo? =P

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So out of the new Amiibo announced today, getting :4jigglypuff::4darkpit::4palutena::4bowserjr::4zss:, The 3 Splatoon ones, a Yarn Yoshi and maybe :4greninja:. Very curious if Yarn Yoshi functions as a regular Yoshi or is its own thing. Also since :4villager: is usable in MK8, and with the AC amiibo cards (boo I wanted a Resetti figure), I wonder if he'll get restocked.
I wish they weren't actually making a Lucas amiibo.

That way I wouldn't have to buy it.

And yes, it's now mandatory and I have absolutely no choice in the matter.

Also, random observation.

Both Lucas and Mewtwo have both feet firmly set on the floor in their official artwork. Think they did that on purpose so they didn't have to add ugly supports to their amiibo? =P
If they did I'm kinda happy about that. I really dislike having these poles holding up the characters.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mario amiibos and Wave 1, 2, & 3 are complete but I still need to get these from eBay
:4marth::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac:

Start saving $$$ before May 29, 2015 (maybe $110 if I or my boyfriend manage to get the pre-orders before the scalpers do)
:4charizard::4pacman::4wario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4robinm::4lucina::4ness:

Worry about them later (July and September)
:4darkpit::4palutena:
:4olimar::4bowserjr::4drmario::4zss::4ganondorf:

Also, need to get the Splatoon 3-Pack set so I can have the rare Squid amiibo along with Girl and Boy amiibos on May 29, 2015.

I should set $200 aside for these Wave 4 and Splatoon amiibos (and the Splatoon game).

Kendude

Smash Cadet
REALLY hope the thing about store exclusives are just an April Fool joke and not legit, given how disastrous the Wave 3 situation went.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
When can we pre-order Pac-Man? He's already listed on amazon but for $20

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
How much do you think the Splatoon bundle costs? I know Infinity has bundles like those too. How much did those cost?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
The Disney Infinity 3-packs seem to be 30 dollars which sounds reasonable. Though considering the Squid amiibo doesnt seem to be sold as a single, they might be able to use that as reason to charge more.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
The Disney Infinity 3-packs seem to be 30 dollars which sounds reasonable. Though considering the Squid amiibo doesnt seem to be sold as a single, they might be able to use that as reason to charge more.
That's not bad at all if one usually goes for $13-15 depending on the store (frigging toys r us I'm looking at you). You'd be saving $9-15 getting the three pack for $30. We'll see how it turns out but I'm definitely preordering it tomorrow.

izumisempai

Smash Rookie
I really want Palutena, but her being in a wave of only 2 Amiibo worries me (and we all know how rare Pit is). The Fire Emblem games from the Direct actually make me hope for Amiibo compatibility.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Good lord, more amiibo struggles .-.

I plan to get:
Robin
Splatoon Bundle
Yarn Yoshi (Light Blue)

Preordering the first two when I get the chance today.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Amazon has email notifications, which means preorders will be up soon. I'll be grabbing Splatoon 3 pack :4lucina::4robinm::4pacman: and maybe :4greninja: on Amazon/ wherever GRENINJA is exclusive to. I'll also be grabbing a :4ganondorf:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
As soon as pre-orders for Wave 4 are up, I'm pre-ordering Robin, Lucina, Ness and maybe Charizard. Or all of them. I even have money stored away for it.

I'm definitely getting that Wool Yoshi amiibo, despite not getting the game. It's adorable. I'm sorry if you get angry at me because of this.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Should mention in a Gamestop memo, they don't mention :4jigglypuff: and :4greninja: Which means they're probably store exclusive. My bet is Greninja is TRU and Jigglypuff is Target.

Splatoon Amiibos also go up for pre order tomorrow. Gotta get the 3-pack.
You're at least half-right. Begin the F5-spamming!!

EDIT: Pre-order button was enabled for a while, but only returning errors. Did anybody actually get an order through?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
AMIIBO WATCH TIME, thread owner.

Someone, anyone, please tag me if Jigglypuff goes up on Target, or if Greninja goes up on Toys R Us
Anyone else want in on this? Perhaps we can get a little group together.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So how does Target do pre-orders. Are they online only? Do I have to drop cash money? Pretty sure being able to pre-order in-store is the only way I even managed to get the Amiibos I do have so I'm hoping it's not online only.

Also, turns out I was 100% right

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Target's already shaping up to look like Rosalina all over again - i.e. the page will probably sit there in this state for weeks, it might occasionally activate the button but throw errors when you click, and then next thing you know it'll be over, and while you sit there wondering how you missed it, everyone else online will be commenting that they got one.

At least it won't be cold when we have to line up for her in May.

@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon I'm in. Do you have a link to Greninja's page? I've yet to see hard confirmation of him going to TRU, not saying I don't believe you but I just need closure. Thanks, @ relaxedexcorcist relaxedexcorcist

Last edited:

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Count me in @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon im all for that. I've been refreshing amazon on and off for three hours today, and another three last night.who are you guys looking for?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
High Quality images of all new Amiibo announced yesterday:

http://imgur.com/a/eGMKn

Also, European release dates:

Spalatoon Amiibo come out with Jigglypuff and Greninja too.

I can join that group if people want me to but I'm European so I don't know if my info would be as relevant.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Europe's dates are so better than ours!!!
Dude we have literally four consecutive months of coughing up money for these things AND they are much harder to get overall over here. This is not good for us. I was hoping for a month break in May or July (have a Wave 2 of Super Mario in one of those months and all I would need to get is a Rosalina figure).

Also Smyths just removed the release dates for Ness, Robin, Lucina, and Pac-Man. They did this with Rosalina, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Shulk too, and then they were eventually taken down off the site right before release.

And that's probably gonna happen to most of the upcoming ones too.

Also @ ChikoLad ChikoLad what is going on in your profile pic???
She's making galaxies.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
These are the Amiibo I know I want to get:

Charizard (to be named Toothless)
Wario (to be named Terrance or Phillip)
Dr. Mario (to be named Becker)

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Another false positive on the Jpuff preorder button, or did some get through?

Seriously, nothing drives me more insane than a pre-order button that just throws errors.

EDIT: Poked around with Firebug and revealed the error on Target's site is their code isn't returning the item's price. She wants to be mine, she just doesn't know what she's worth...

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
According to GS on Reddit, all 6 amiibos will be available in a bundle. No discount, just makes it easier to shop for.

Out of curiosity, what browser were you using? I've been hammering it and never got through. Either their site is dropping requests and it's more about luck than timing, or the site doesn't work with FF or Chrome.
I'm currently using FF.

Not sure what others are using but people on reddit are seeing success. Keep on trying.

EDIT: Sold Out already. Took about 10-12 minutes.

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
High Quality images of all new Amiibo announced yesterday:

http://imgur.com/a/eGMKn

Also, European release dates:

Spalatoon Amiibo come out with Jigglypuff and Greninja too.

I can join that group if people want me to but I'm European so I don't know if my info would be as relevant.
Palutena looks chubby from the cheeks. Ganondorf looks bloody amazing.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've seriously been clicking "Pre-order" for the entire length of time it's been up, seeing errors that it couldn't get the price out of the database, all the way until it sold out. This is the digital embodiment of getting to the line early enough but being trampled under the rush.

Exact same thing that happened to me with Rosalina. I've even tried two separate computers. What the heck??

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To be fair I think Target was this bad with Rosalina as well. According to twitter they won't have a specific time it'll go up (like what just happened now) so it will be another ***** cat-mouse game.

Greninja will be sometime tomorrow.

Ness & 6 Pack will be up for Web In-Store purchases at 2pm CST. Online only ordering comes later.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Welp GG. Hopefully day 1 Jiggs will be like Rosalina and you have decent chance of getting of get it if you show up when the store opens.

Top Bottom