• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The possibility this is true is a big issue for me right now.

On the one hand, Little Mac being confirmed means one of my favorite characters and series gets a well-deserved rep, and my fears about him not making it will be assuaged.

On the other hand he probably has to come as a package with 2 characters I hate, and will be absolutely unhype about them. Sigh.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I can semi-agree. My first game ever was actually Pac-man World 2 and I personally consider that one to be the best of the series...and, no, I won't mention Pac-man World 3...but I don't think we've seen enough of that game to judge it get. One thing that just crossed my mind, though, was this: since that game is still apparently rather early in development, it might be possible that none of his moves come from it.
Sorry for double posting but, Yeah, that was my first game too. So much nostalgia, fighting spooky, getting killed by rev-rams, and learning to beat the hardest enemy...THE CAMERA SYSTEM!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To be honest, I never really liked the idea of Pac-man being in the game, but I'm starting to grow on the idea.

That being said, I still don't really want the rest of the rumor to come true.
They probably noticed the rumor online and decided against announcing the rest of them anyway. Shame on you.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
The MOONKNIGHTS obstructs nothing but evil!

On Topic: I have a feeling Pac-man's moves are going to be tailored to his new game coming out. (which looks like trash). But I like his new design.
hopefully not, he tailored megaman's moveset to the nes so I hope sakurai takes the same direction with pacman by relating it to older games like the world series.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's not kid ourselves into thinking Villager or WFT is going to move more units of Smash than Mega Man. He isn't being discussed as much because he was the only largely expected and non-controversial (except to Nintendo purists) choice that's been revealed so far. He's also not nearly as conducive to memes.

SmashChu, you need to look past your anti-third party bias to the factors in their favour. Sure, Pac-Man isn't as popular or requested as Mega Man, but... he's not going to get in due to popularity anyhow, is he? Yeah, people are mixed about him now, but think about Snake, or WFT, or G&W. Before they were included, they would've been scoffed at as terrible choices. After inclusion, they become well-liked and popular. Do you doubt this will happen to Pac-Man? Just because they're not the most popular or most closely tied to Nintendo, doesn't mean they don't have a chance if they have atypical factors in their favour, like Snake did and like Pac-Man does. At this point it's not even arguing Pac-Man's chances (because those were up in the air, I agree), it's arguing the validity of the leak. Then again, you're arguing that this guy randomly "guessed" Wii Fit Trainer (and the other two)... so I guess you might as well cling to whatever mentality that's keeping you from admitting this is indeed a leak. Until it's confirmed ofc.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just may be the only person looking forward to playing as Villager slightly more than Megaman. But only slightly.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pac-Man and Mii are growing on me.

Little Mac always had me though. :p

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/wii-u-and-3ds-smash-bros-will-not-have-cross-platform-play-wil/

Ignoring the "cross-platform" talk for obvious reasons, they talk about character customizations. Sakurai states that it won't be costumes or stuff you have to work to unlock. Which automatically leads me to Mii.
It may be something like upgrades for characters. Think the SSE.

SmashChu, you need to look past your anti-third party bias to the factors in their favour. Sure, Pac-Man isn't as popular or requested as Mega Man, but... he's not going to get in due to popularity anyhow, is he? Yeah, people are mixed about him now, but think about Snake, or WFT, or G&W. Before they were included, they would've been scoffed at as terrible choices. After inclusion, they become well-liked and popular. Do you doubt this will happen to Pac-Man? Just because they're not the most popular or most closely tied to Nintendo, doesn't mean they don't have a chance if they have atypical factors in their favour, like Snake did and like Pac-Man does. At this point it's not even arguing Pac-Man's chances (because those were up in the air, I agree), it's arguing the validity of the leak. Then again, you're arguing that this guy randomly "guessed" Wii Fit Trainer (and the other two)... so I guess you might as well cling to whatever mentality that's keeping you from admitting this is indeed a leak. Until it's confirmed ofc.
The most talked about character, right now, is Wii Fit Trainer not Megaman. Megaman isn't generating the same buzz as Sonic or Snake. It is even to the point where Pac-Man is hated by fans (and not the ROB hate. Like they just don't like him). Sakurai has also said that Mega man is an exception, not the rule.

I’m really sorry. If I were to answer that question, I’d get in a lot of trouble in a lot of different ways, so I can’t answer. But I think I can say generally that there won’t be a trend of adding a lot of third-party characters. You can sort of think of Mega Man as being the special case.

The reason I'm iffy on the rumor is:
  1. The guy only says he has a source after the fact. New Sites have always posted unconfirmed sources and called a rumor
  2. He said that the leak was for E3 reveals. There is likely no other characters to be shown at E3
  3. Even with the source, he got Villager's name wrong, which could just mean he was guessing.
  4. What Sakurai said above.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
So they aren't doing alt costumes? Pretty lame. Customizable moves would be garbage. I really hope it's not that.

This rumor only has a few more hours to prove itself legitimate.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
You know something... after watching the trailer, I really don't see Claus/Masked Man from Mother 3 getting in.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Huh, interesting. I'm starting to think this may be a load of bull after all. He is probably just trolling us, through.
Sakurai seems pretty amendment about this though
http://kotaku.com/dont-expect-a-lot-of-third-party-characters-in-the-nex-513203533

He also mentioned in the Developer Interview that "I'm not going to add just any character from other company's into Smash."

I also want to remind everyone that, during Brawl, everyone though Krystal was confirmed until she wasn't.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Potential debunking of Pac-Man and therefore this entire "rumour" by Sakurai himself
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros

Yeah but what about this?

My inquiry about Namco Bandai characters did lead Sakurai to ask me a question in return - if I had to pick one character, which Namco Bandai character would I want in Super Smash Bros.? The answer seemed obvious to me - the original arcade version of Pac-Man. Sakurai then asked me what a Final Smash might look like for that, and we started to discuss how how Pac-Man could become super-powered, and chase other characters around a stage, attempting to eat them. It was a surreal discussion to say the least, but shows that Sakurai is always contemplating what else he might add to his projects, packing them full of as much content as possible.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
it's entirely possible that that one guy just got lucky with wii fit trainer.

Yeah but what about this?
Why do you like pac-man so much? I really don't see why a glorified yellow circle should ever make it into smash. I mean, he just wouldn't fit in very well with nintendo's universe IMO.

there is much better namco reps they could choose from. less iconic, but more fitting.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
It is even to the point where Pac-Man is hated by fans (and not the ROB hate. Like they just don't like him).
I think you might be mistaking "the fans" for you and`one or two other vocal members of this board.

Sakurai has also said that Mega man is an exception, not the rule.
And Snake is an exception and Sonic is an exception and Pac Man is an exception?
Hm okay.
Just admit you were horribly wrong when you said there will be no third party characters.
They are clearly a mainstay of the series.

The guy only says he has a source after the fact. New Sites have always posted unconfirmed sources and called a rumor
Already told you, he did say he had a source before the fact in a separate post if you had bothered to look.

it's entirely possible that that one guy just got lucky with wii fit trainer.
Possible but improbable.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
With E3 essentially over this makes me think there are 2 possibilities.
1. The poster was just extremely lucky. (Hoping it's this one)
or
2. These are all the newcomers.
Please let it be number 1.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think you might be mistaking "the fans" for you and`one or two other vocal members of this board.
Pac man was always mixed at best. There has been quite a few people who really don't like him.

And Snake is an exception and Sonic is an exception and Pac Man is an exception?
Hm okay.
Just admit you were horribly wrong when you said there will be no third party characters.
They are clearly a mainstay of the series.
Sakurai's words, not mine.
Smash Bros. can still be considered as an all-star collection of Nintendo characters. Just like with Mega Man or any other third-party character, it would have to be a very special situation.

I’m really sorry. If I were to answer that question, I’d get in a lot of trouble in a lot of different ways, so I can’t answer. But I think I can say generally that there won’t be a trend of adding a lot of third-party characters. You can sort of think of Mega Man as being the special case.

I'm not going to add just any character from other companies into Smash (from the developer video)

Already told you, he did say he had a source before the fact in a separate post if you had bothered to look.
He said on his site he didn't post anything about the source until after the fact.

Last week, Gematsu was tipped off about Nintendo’s E3 character reveals for Super Smash Bros. But since we were unable to confirm the validity of our source, we refrained from posting the information.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
well, thankfully, this rumor appears fake.

hopefully we will get little mac announced soon though.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I'm hoping both Pacman and Mii DON'T make it into the cut.
Is that you Ahoohoohohooo?!?!?!

From IGN?!?!?!

OT: Pacman in the game to me is like saying I would rather have Pacquiao instead. Because we all know we want Llyod Irving in the next Smash!

EDIT: Have y'all Pacman kiddies checked out this bad boy yet?

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Pac man was always mixed at best. There has been quite a few people who really don't like him.
Same can be said for any character.
Regardless, Pac is a better match for more casual fans rather than the kind of who lurk SSB forums. If you got a sample of casual fans opinions on him you might change your mind.

I'm not going to add just any character from other companies into Smash (from the developer video)
Well aware of that quote. But it does not mean there will be no more third party characters.
You claimed there will be ZERO third party characters while the rest of us said one or two more on top of Snake and Sonic.

He said on his site he didn't post anything about the source until after the fact.
He didn't post anything about the source before but he did say he had one. Or rather that a "friend" had one.
Right here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=58046232
Check the date and everything. It's beforehand.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Really? You're using that lame *** excuse?
totally yep, imma freaking n00b idiot who just really hates pacman and will hate on him on every way possible.

I normally would never do something like this, but I REALLLY don't like pac-man. he's the one and only exception.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Look at his avatar.
Really? that's what it's come to? I knew this avatar would stir up some prejudice, but I also thought that people would be smart enough to know better...but anyway, I said that because he now seems to consider it. The word "confirmed" was used because I just want him in. SHEESH! Sakurai also seems to not have considered Lloyd too with his iffyness of Namco characters.

StickandFluid

Smash Apprentice
Rare, sorry.

Microsoft owns them now.
I've wanted battletoads since melee....:crying: and when I heard years back microsoft bought them I just....ugghh

anyways I'm totally doubting pac man just because thats to many third party characters just like ridley wouldn't make any sense cause of his size, pac man wouldn't make any sense cause they already got mega man, nothing against the yellow pellet eater the cards just aren't there for him, King K Rool is honestly the only character (besides little mac who honestly IS in the game) that makes any sense everything else feels like just someone playing favorites and not thinking about who DESERVES to be in the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom