• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Albuquerque Monthlies - April 19th

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Now about this Crew battle I vote both Melee and Brawl. We can do it at mine and Kyle's place even since its kind of a mid point (coors and paseo) and there is also one rule I want to throw in for this crew battle: "NO JOHNING". You lose you lose, you suicide tough crap, and none of the "well i haven't played Melee in ages I'm rusty" stuff. I want it to be fun =D Now, whens a good day? How about next Saturday morning (or noon ish)?
Agreed. I personally asking a favor of everyone here...if I john I want you to punch me in the gut. I'm being serious about this, if anyone hears me johning then you know what to do.

The crew battle is going to be awesome. It doesn't matter to me when it happens, as long as it does.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Man Triple Post! sorry stupid boards! :mad:
What did you get off ebay for cheap?

I am a competitive person by nature. However, my dad raised me to be a good sport and not to cheat.
I never ever cheat, but I'm not always the best sport. I tend to get, as I'm sure everyone's noticed, Steven especially, really upset when I get really into the game over a lot of little things.

I'm doing my best to stop that. As well as making excuses for losing in general. Though, I would like to make a point. Saying something "Aww, I might've won if it wasn't for that stupid suicide," is something COMPLETELY different from, "I would've won if I hadn't suicided." It's johns like this that irritate the crap out of me, and regardless there ARE reason why you lost, that's why you lost, and just pointing those out are johns. I'll argue that point. But turning them around and twisting those little things are, if you ask me.

Okay, not that that is out of the way.
I agree with Paul.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Alright Smashfest at my place Saturday before Brawls release. Its going to start around 2 and end whenever everyone wants to leave to go get brawl =D I live right next to the Coors Paseo gamestop for everyone going to that place. Everyone is invited (even you Toast) and I already let alot of people know yesterday (saying I had their numbers).

So far Paul and neil have said they will be all over it. Let me know if you can. PM me, come on here and say I will come, whatever you have to!

Kash and Steven: You guys have to come!!! We can't do eastside vs westside without you! PLEASE!!!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
i will be at work till 4 but I should be able to get off work early. Please come Kash, I want to rematch your incredible Doc one last time.

Oh and get a hold of the other top smashers in the state. It will be in an apartment mind you so we want to keep it to the highly competitive smashers (even new ones like sync, toast, and chef)

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
Man this turny sounds to alsome, but its a drag that i got to go work an that day, and i can't call in, this whole week I been testing for school and the only time I got to work is the weekend, sorry you guys, I know I don't fight you that often no more, maby I should leave the gang...:( I never see you guys no more to fight.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Don't say that Chef. You're like that distant awesome cousin. When you show up its great =D And Brawl online = more play time!

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER...BREAKER: please try to make it ZMan. i want to play you again

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya that sounds like a good plan =D I need to get a head count of who's planning on coming. Paul , Eric (a different Eric) and Neil said they are coming. ZMan, Goldenglove, and Wraith are in question. And I haven't heard back from Sinz yet. Well if anything it should be a fun way to kill time and scream before heading to the gamestop =D

When shall we hold the first monthly? And where at too?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I know of insomnia. The onoly problem is I don't think there's enough wide open free room. I like the idea of Pauls house tho... where do you live Paul? Its close to cottonwood mall right?

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Yes

My house has plenty of open space room that can fit plenty of tv's. I also believe that Steven and Davis are looking into some places as well. We'll have to wait and see where they decide to hold the next monthly.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm sorry it's been so long (if any of you don't know, the server hates my computer ever since the crash right after the fest with forward) It ALWAYS says "database error", and I checked everything.
SO, w00t posting from anatomy class :bee: <-- I don't like this new smilie

Toast, very nice to meet you :) I can't wait to see you this saturday. I'm Neil.
Davis, I gotta thank you again for the brawl parties. I'll bring the pokemon cards saturday. There's only three holos, but considering the sheer quantity of the remaining commons, I'll probably ask no more than $25. Also, I can guarantee that after reading more **** on brawl, I'm not ignorant. Sorry if I offended you. Nintendo Power's review talked about how it's the best game developed by Nintendo EVER, considering the hype and sheer epicness. Nintendo's rating: 10/10 (don't forget famitsu's perfect rating)

I have terrible news. You guys will spend at least the next 15 minutes laughing at me when you read this: I'm not getting Brawl till Wednesday, March 12
READ: I'm not getting Brawl till Wednesday, March 12
I should never have pre-ordered online from gamestop. ****ing they wont ship from california until friday march 7th. what's worse, they guaranteed online that I would get the game within 1 business day of the release date . What's more combo-breaking is that I couldn't request them to ship the order to the store and have me pick it up on sunday.
^&%&^$%^$&^*^*()(*&*^%$##@$@$#(*^&#@!#$%^&$*&&(*) GAMESTOP.

so to try and un-combo breaker, I'll definitely go to the crew battle - I need your address David. Plus, I think we should have the crew battle be best 2 of 3. **** ya. Maybe I can get a ride at night to gamestop for the midnight tourney to slightly alleviate my brawl-related pain.

Well, see you guys Saturday. ****. :dizzy:

EDIT: this should be my last post as a smash child. :lick:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ya that sounds like a good plan =D I need to get a head count of who's planning on coming. Paul , Eric (a different Eric) and Neil said they are coming. ZMan, Goldenglove, and Wraith are in question. And I haven't heard back from Sinz yet. Well if anything it should be a fun way to kill time and scream before heading to the gamestop =D

When shall we hold the first monthly? And where at too?
I may go, depends if I am with Lauren that day or not.

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
You guys are the best, I just don't want you guys for getting mad at me for not showing at the turny, you know. But i forgot about the wifi lol, don't worry, I'm still part of the gang TEAM SMASHER!!! hmmmm maby that was a little cheesey, but I really do hope an seeing you guys again, thanks again for letting me be part of your clan. OH i found this really cool video on youtube, IGN gave brawl a 9.5 out of 10. not bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCuMj3vJ9rI

tw1n

Smash Champion
Awesome to hear that people actually want to come. I was afraid I was going to have to cancel.

My address is 9180 Coors Blvd NW apartment 3001. Its on the corner of coors and paseo right next to that big dinosaur. Call me today or tomorrow (as early or as late as you want) to let me know if you're coming please. The smashing will start at about 2 (sorry before that I'm a little busy). We will play till we go get the game lol. And we live right next to the coors paseo gamestop so whoever is getting it from there doesn't have to go very far k.

As of right now officially we have:
Me and kyle (duh), Neil, Paul, ZMan, and Eric (different Eric... still a good player tho).
Potentially there is still Sinz, Wraith (need to ask him today), and Goldenglove.

A crew battle is still in the works =D

Edit: Love ya Chef :)

tw1n

Smash Champion
We will don;t you worry about that =D We just have to get it first lol. I'm just mad because the neighbors in our complex who we ripped wifi off of either moved or set up a password... *******s lol :D So now Kyle and I have to find a new form of wifi (since our standard internet blows a.ss!!!)... so sad but all well

tw1n

Smash Champion
Its all good Kash. There will be another day =D

EDIT: Hey for my smashfest. Call or text me if you need directions or have any questions!!! It will start at about 2. I will send a massive text out if the time will change (either earlier [most likely] or later) k

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey this is actually Twin_A but just using Davids real quick.

For tomorrow (Saturday), if you could bring over a snack like chips or a small thing of soda please do. We'll try to make it more like a pot luck so that way we wont have to worry about it.

And if you can bring a tv/gc please do

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow that sucks. Some people playing haven't been getting any lag at all. But I read somewhere that all matches are sent through the server in California. If thats true then it would explain the sick lag

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. what happened to the whole idea that online play was going to be flawless? Wasn't that why it was delayed?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
It was delayed because of the tournament and game deal gamestop made with them at first. Servers in Texas, Cali, FL, NY. Yeah.

Anywayz, how about you guys skip your monthly this month and let Colorado host one for you? We definetly owe it to you, and have it all planned out. If you guys want, we have sleeping place, people from colorado, I will personally provide anyone from Albq. with Mountain Dew, and a $5 entry to a tourney. Brawl tourney, singles and doubles, and we could do a side TV for some melee even. I can promise it will be fun! Plus its a great chance to go over what you know about which characters and perhaps increase the total knowledge of the game so far. Hope you are all interested, it will be next friday @ Textbook Ninja's house, we'll post all the info on our farmington durango thread. I hope to see some faces (especially you, twins)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The mormons (me and Erich) can't make it next weekend. We have Youth Conference.

Top Bottom