• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Well if there are legitimately CRT's then I'd be wiling to go. And I'm going to secondary Falco...I didn't want to be excluded as part of Falcalgary =(
I'm glad only the purest of heart live on from the days of marthberta

Lol wow. Hype tourney died out again. /o\

:(

:phone:
Not surprising, it really was NOT ever hype. Let's be honest, Ben is a great host, and right now really the only major tournament force, but he really isn't getting it out there properly almost purely because the events are not designed the way they need to be to get bigger.

Implies anyone ever did :troll:
LOL jk mang. Maybe if would be helpful if you actually did, since we can give feedback and help.
Yeah I'm working on it, it's just more effort to type something out here to have it ignored than to just get people who actually care to know now involved.

Legit, now more of Calgary can go up

When is this Alberta Beatdown thing? Could someone link me to the site

Another crew battle plz, I bet we can take Edmonton on if we get more of our guys to go
Be careful taking a ride with Tyson, he's been know to lose his car then pay for your greyhound on the way home.

And if that happens you'll be really hung over.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Mom randomly selling my car away is too stronk.

She won't be doing it again though. It's only cause she sold it for a good deal and got another car.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
@quaff yes, and i dont think that is an option unfortunatly
i can host any time it works for people
im practicing hard
watch out tom

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Tom beats Clarke in tourney after Clarke beats Tom in tourney. I think Clarke will win next time (if he went peach he probably would of won last time methinks). As much I want Tom to keep improving, the question is whether Tom has any desire to improve. If he doesn't I'm feeling that Clarke and Matt will him surpass very soon (and I plan to help them do that xD). Oh and Mo has already surpassed Tom now. We are all pretty bad at this game though ...for now.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
ya i only practiced for a week before the tourney after quittting for a month. also slacker practicing like shield-drops ect.
judging by the matches i had with moe my peach was not good at the falcon matchup, just glad my 1st recorded combo was sooo hype.
tho i still might have won. also even tho i went 2-0 with him the first tourney it was very close, you cant forget that falcon is as bad a matchup for ics as fox.
also his marth would get scraped by my ics now, that will probably lose him his counterpick;)
moe is better but he only plays after work or project m or 64 so he has divided his attention between smash brothers as i have done in the past
donkey kong from 64 makes me never quit smash;)

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
he just meant everyone he mentioned: him,myself, tom, moe, and matt although i put matt in ben tier with no tech but pretty good spacing and lots of desire to win.

Hey everyone h8 on brad for his ignorance;)

Quaff

Smash Rookie
@quaff yes, and i dont think that is an option unfortunatly
i can host any time it works for people
im practicing hard
watch out tom
Well as I've already said, I'm free Friday and Sunday, so, assuming Clark can host it like he's said, is any one able to go to his place for some Smash on either of those days?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i have not heard back from moe but im 85% sure he would come anyways.
heshows up even when i dont invite him;)
such a good suprise
also matt its clarke:) i will host from noon till whenever
or you guys could agree on a time after that

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I dont feel like going through pages of posts, but I'm a brawl player but want to get into Melee. How open are these smashfests to go to?
They're very open, it's nice because there are a group of smashers who are all improving who you can play against to learn the ropes and have fun, as well as the supergood veteran group who have been playing for a long time and will not let up on the **** even a tiny bit.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
yes matt i am talking about friday, if u have a certain time you can come u should tell daniel so u guys dont miss each other. moe usually shows up around 12:30 and stays till 5.
have i met u mr.ipod r u 1 of the brawl players i have met?

Quaff

Smash Rookie
Alright. Daniel, do you want to meet at a train station somewhere around noon on Friday so you can show me where Clarke lives? He gave me his address before, but I'm way too lazy to actually put work into this :p

Assuming you're going like you said previously

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i would meet u guys at the train station to walk u to my house if u give me notice when u get to bridgeland station.
that is assuming i can find my phone lol

Taste

Smash Apprentice
So fyi we are allowed to use that space in the clubs area at the uofc anytime. Too bad I have the only key to the tvs hehehe. Maybe this sunday. Maybe.

Quaff

Smash Rookie
So fyi we are allowed to use that space in the clubs area at the uofc anytime. Too bad I have the only key to the tvs hehehe. Maybe this sunday. Maybe.
That would be awesome. Clarke's on Friday and UofC on Sunday. I'd probably cream myself.

Mripod128

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if you've met me, I'm that one kid that used Marth, and was REALLY bad.

YEAH SO I WANNA GO TO MOAR OF THESE THINGS. Is this like the only way we keep in contact? Or is there an e-mail group for times and locations etc.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
GGs Clarke on yesterday. Heads up on today, I probably won't be able to come until very late. How late are you hosting?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i dont know today, matt need to tell me when hes comin/how i can direct him to my house.
my dad wants me to work on a box today but its not urgent
ill host till l8

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
YEAH SO I WANNA GO TO MOAR OF THESE THINGS. Is this like the only way we keep in contact? Or is there an e-mail group for times and locations etc.
This is something I wanna bring up, contact really seems to be low just merely as most people don't care to read through the crap on smashboards.

What messengers do everyone use? Back in the day it was msn and there would be a random conversation with 300 smashers made by levi or me and everyone would ragequit but they'd know something was up.

Nowadays I find everyone has moved to skype for some reason, regardless, we should pool our accounts and make a big call (conversation) so that everyone can kinda keep posted through it.

Yeah?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i agree that we need to have some knd of common communication, but we also have to host reliable smashfests that are bigger than just at someones house, or just the regulars in a small room with a tv

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
DOES ANYONE HAVE A EXTRA GAME CUBE CONTROLLER I CAN BUY?

Oh, And I saw you paul at stampede! But you ignored me :(

Tyson651

Smash Lord
DOES ANYONE HAVE A EXTRA GAME CUBE CONTROLLER I CAN BUY?

Oh, And I saw you paul at stampede! But you ignored me :(
doesnt eb games or some local store like video game trader have controllers? and is japan is still selling that white controller?

Top Bottom