• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Quaff

Smash Rookie
Damnit Ben, respond. I think we should set something up for Sunday guys, even if someone here hosts something.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
lol we r sooo dependant on ben.
mad props on being the only one putting in work improving and building the community

Rush

Smash Apprentice
People host/organize smashfests in Calgary, it's just that it's infrequent in the summer time. You can always just practice tech skill alone Matt lawl. Also, play level 1 cpus.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i will host next friday... would anyone other than moe be interested.
moe has more travel than any of u fockers! u guys r just lazy:troll:
travelling through america i am very glad i live in canada;)

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Update about moi. I'm still working full time m-f, and this past week I've been putting in extra hours so I've been super busy. Plans this weekend as well, so I'm not doing anything smash related.

Me organizing anything will have to wait. I'm busy enough that I almost feel like someone else should take the reigns on starting to advertise and create a confirmation list for our uofc tourney this month. This is literally the first chance I've had to check this site this week, and I could be this busy for a while.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
so edmontons hosting this alberta beat down 3 tournament theres gonna be a melee tournament there!
Yeah I am gonna make a thread for it I guess. I don't think I can host melee though cause I have to work :/. Idk if I could enter either which would really suck.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i think im coming back to calgary on sunday.
i will help u because i am the only other person who actually contributes to the community:troll:
also is sask coming
seriously tho give me a pm with what i could help with ben:)
matt if u send me a pm i may be able to play with you before friday!

Rush

Smash Apprentice
i think im coming back to calgary on sunday.
i will help u because i am the only other person who actually contributes to the community:troll:
also is sask coming
seriously tho give me a pm with what i could help with ben:)
matt if u send me a pm i may be able to play with you before friday!
I would say your contributions are probably around high tier. Ben for top tier obviously. As for you low tiers.. you know who you are :troll:

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
at least u record(mid-tier)... also matt dont worry about contributing yet, just show up to all the smash u can.
i think everyone can advertise in 1 way or another.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
lol we r sooo dependant on ben.
mad props on being the only one putting in work improving and building the community
I'd be more public about what I'm working on for the community but nobody likes me anymore so I'm pretty much just keeping it to myself since nobody reads my posts anyways

Quaff

Smash Rookie
People host/organize smashfests in Calgary, it's just that it's infrequent in the summer time. You can always just practice tech skill alone Matt lawl. Also, play level 1 cpus.
It's not really that I want to practice tech skill with you guys, I know I can do that alone, it's just that I want some real people to play. The computers are so unrealistic.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Ok well if we can find a decent place to play at the U of C I'd be down cause I'm there MWF anyways, class from 12:00-3:00 usually

I'm not joking about the TFDL CRT's. They're really really small but they might work, and I haven't checked the "gaming library" yet

And yeah Matt you can still play lv 1's/training mode with AR C-stick enabled to get the necessary tech stuff down. Once you learn all the basic stuff needed you then play someone textbook solid like Daniel for a long time

EDIT: Haven't seen Paul in ages, where you at
Falcon Fox dittos gogogo

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Well if there are legitimately CRT's then I'd be wiling to go. And I'm going to secondary Falco...I didn't want to be excluded as part of Falcalgary =(

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
ben, can u repost ur tourney thread or tell me if u have anything planned in august?
also sask is confirmed NOT coming on the 21st;)

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
im gonna go balls-in on advertising this tourney once i get back in town so i would expect randoms to show
ill make it hype
RECORDED PRIDE MATCH AGAINST TOM
hype\

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i might be down but no melee?
also i dont drive
where is the tourney thread?
Get ready to toss all your safe stuff out the window

:phone:
u make falco sound ****ing weak, just cause u cant b safe with falco and just limit options doesnt mean its impossible

Taste

Smash Apprentice

yooooo
I WILL ANSWER THE CALL, PAUL! CALGARY!! LETS STAMPEDE UP THERE AND LEAVE EDMONTON IN FLAMES

Rush

Smash Apprentice
I'd be more public about what I'm working on for the community but nobody likes me anymore so I'm pretty much just keeping it to myself since nobody reads my posts anyways
Implies anyone ever did :troll:
LOL jk mang. Maybe if would be helpful if you actually did, since we can give feedback and help.

u make falco sound ****ing weak, just cause u cant b safe with falco and just limit options doesnt mean its impossible
What you talking about mang! Falco soooooooooo underpowered. He's so bad! He has no moves that kill you. Faclo's never win big tournies.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
lol when is this AB beatdown?
also arthur i r dissapoint:(
edit:guys guys calgary guys guys guys guys calgary guys guys calgary calgary guys calgary guys guys guys! hi

Tyson651

Smash Lord
well, i make trips to edmonton every 2 weeks to a month, so if you want to head up with me, just ask.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Sooooo this has been asked a million times... and I'm going to ask again harhar... when approximately is the next smashfest? Cuz I need to destroy some ppl ^.^

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
im coming back on monday, i would host i think anytime this week altho i think friday works well for moe i think!
u could come earlier in the week tho, send me a pm i want to record maybe for both our sakes;)
gonna put in some mad practice/study when i get home

Quaff

Smash Rookie
Are we going to lock in Friday then? 'Cause if Ben was feeling better, and had more time, it'd be better to have it in that place we were in before. I'm free on Friday and Sunday again this weekend for some Smash.

Top Bottom